Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC ban S*n reporters from Anfield

Read 4858 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: LFC ban S*n reporters from Anfield
      Reply #23: Feb 10, 2017 10:22:01 pm
      Shame it took so long. Better late than never though.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #24: Feb 11, 2017 05:25:42 am
      What is the trigger for this now?

The timing is odd to me, the paper wasn't banned after Hillsborough and again wasn't banned immediately after the verdict.

All for banning their journalists but confused as to why they chose to now.

PR as the natives are getting a little tired with the lack of investment, probably, and the fact our season has just imploded.

This is a little sweetener thrown our way, which should have been done a long long time ago.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #25: Feb 11, 2017 06:12:33 am
      The bas**rds should of been banned years ago.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #26: Feb 11, 2017 07:17:52 am

PR as the natives are getting a little tired with the lack of investment, probably, and the fact our season has just imploded.

This is a little sweetener thrown our way, which should have been done a long long time ago.

It's an absolute disgrace. Pure spin.

Expect Klopp to be wheeled out soon to say it was down to him as more people get onto them.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #27: Feb 11, 2017 07:20:20 am
      Thought the same mate in terms of the ban and you're probably right in your speculation.

It's welcome news anyway and anyone putting a cynical spin on it, I can understand their point of view but on this subject I think all cynicism should be left at the door and simply welcome it. No point whatsoever embroiling other problems onto this one in my opinion.

We shouldn't we? It's a f**king disgrace.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #28: Feb 11, 2017 07:43:36 am
      Remember a few months back when Klopp basically told their reporter to f**k off?

I wonder if he had a hand in this.

Still, whether he did or not, and as many others have said, about time.

The print media are starting to realise they don't have as much power these days, and that's a very good thing.

Yeah it's this one haha. F***ing belter Klopp isn't he.

https://youtu.be/1rKWEUQBicw
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #29: Feb 11, 2017 08:51:27 am
      Brilliant news JFT96
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #30: Feb 11, 2017 09:00:19 am
      Took a long time coming and well deserved. JFT96
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31: Feb 11, 2017 09:40:59 am
      FSG can spin any which way they f***in want it won't detract from the sh*t storm heading their way if they don't back Klopp this summer!!

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32: Feb 11, 2017 11:32:50 am
      Apparently its been done after consulting with the families for over a year, so I don't think there is anything cynical about this from the owners.
      It's a long overdue move.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #33: Feb 11, 2017 12:56:58 pm
      We shouldn't we? It's a f**king disgrace.

Why?

Quite simple, out of respect for the families.

While we can speculate, throw names at FSG and generally turn this into another tool to beat them with there's really no need, we have enough evidence to suggest they do things for spin and without genuine motives behind them. On this occasion people should consider who might read this type of thread and what their main concern is, you see whether this was done with spin in mind or not it is still the right choice and for that reason I can celebrate it without having to consider FSG's motives because it is one further win for the families and friends and for me that overrides anything else and for that small moment FSG can be forgotten and left out of this debate.

Your choice mate, don't take this in any way a criticism of you lads suggesting it is spin either, that's not my intention just think that battle is better fought elsewhere.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #34: Feb 11, 2017 01:26:07 pm
      Damned if they do & damned if they don't...

In fairness to FSG this should never have been left at their door...

The owners at the time shoulder responsibility for not banning that rag & it's jurno's from Anfield from the moment it went to print those false allegations...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #35: Feb 11, 2017 03:44:48 pm
      n fairness to FSG this should never have been left at their door...

The owners at the time shoulder responsibility for not banning that rag & it's jurno's from Anfield from the moment it went to print those false allegations...

I was under the impression that the newspaper HAD been banned a long time ago - and they had been banned from Melwood.

It rose to the surface for me a few months ago when I was watching a game at Anfield on an NBC stream and afterwards the programme anchor went to a S*n journo in the press box - talking about the game.  I think they may have been banned in the past but as some point this has either softened or had been lifted.

Not sure of all the facts but either way - PR spin or not - right decision.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #36: Feb 11, 2017 03:53:07 pm
      Why?

Quite simple, out of respect for the families.

While we can speculate, throw names at FSG and generally turn this into another tool to beat them with there's really no need, we have enough evidence to suggest they do things for spin and without genuine motives behind them. On this occasion people should consider who might read this type of thread and what their main concern is, you see whether this was done with spin in mind or not it is still the right choice and for that reason I can celebrate it without having to consider FSG's motives because it is one further win for the families and friends and for me that overrides anything else and for that small moment FSG can be forgotten and left out of this debate.

Your choice mate, don't take this in any way a criticism of you lads suggesting it is spin either, that's not my intention just think that battle is better fought elsewhere.

Fair shout.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #37: Feb 11, 2017 04:00:32 pm
      28 years too late in my opinion, this decision should of been made the day after "The Truth" headline was published.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #38: Feb 11, 2017 04:28:00 pm
      It should have already been in places years ago, I'm stunned that that shitrag wasn't already banned. 
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #39: Feb 11, 2017 11:25:24 pm
      Apparently its been done after consulting with the families for over a year, so I don't think there is anything cynical about this from the owners.
      It's a long overdue move.

Not only that but TAW was reporting that some at the club including the manager were pissed over Lovren's treatment, between that and over a years consultation with the justice committee and families it was decided and honestly doubt FSG has any call on this one at all.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #40: Feb 12, 2017 11:28:14 am
      Are you F***ing kidding me! FSG hate squad would sh*t in John Henry's coffee and ask for a tip.

A brilliant decision taken by the owners to ban those F***ing cu*ts, something which Moores or tweedle dee and tweedle dumb should have done years ago. They've taken the time to looking into if they can do this and also consulted the families of the Hillsborough disaster over the decision in a long, carefully thought out process and yet we get: 'Nice try' or 'it's just a PR move'.

Of course it's a PR move dummies. F***ing listen to yourselves saying it like it's a bad thing. PR means Public Relations does it not? And what better way to bolster Public Relations with the people of Liverpool than to ban those cu*ts from coming into Anfield? It's what the public wants right? Well here it is!

Brilliant move. Nothing but love for this.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #41: Feb 14, 2017 11:12:40 am
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #42: Feb 14, 2017 11:43:54 am
      Not only that but TAW was reporting that some at the club including the manager were pissed over Lovren's treatment, between that and over a years consultation with the justice committee and families it was decided and honestly doubt FSG has any call on this one at all.

JWH&Co have nothing but a business interest in LFC, a fact that is proven with every passing year of their tenure.

To be perfectly honest mate it is bordering on the offensive that they should be linked in a favourable light with the 96 and their families.

As for banning the F***ing rag from Anfield it is as previously posted, 28 years late.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #43: Feb 14, 2017 12:50:01 pm
       :clap:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #44: Feb 14, 2017 01:10:08 pm
      Justice
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #45: Feb 14, 2017 09:14:43 pm
      JWH&Co have nothing but a business interest in LFC, a fact that is proven with every passing year of their tenure.

To be perfectly honest mate it is bordering on the offensive that they should be linked in a favourable light with the 96 and their families.

As for banning the f**king rag from Anfield it is as previously posted, 28 years late.

Indeed late, but as the saying goes, better late than never...

I also agree the owners deserve credit over this. It was long before their tenure came into effect. So fair play to them. I'm no fan of FSG as I've made clear on numerous occasions, but this is a positive on them...

Quick Reply