Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Pre-Match: Leicester v Liverpool (Mon 27th Feb 8pm)

Read 10488 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Pre-Match: Leicester v Liverpool (Mon 27th Feb 8pm)
      Reply #138: Feb 27, 2017 01:24:48 pm
      Nothing less than 3 points tonight. They are in complete turmoil and we are well rested.

Arsenal, City, United haven't played, Spurs won, so its an absolute must that we win this game. No excuses.

After the way they've treated Ranieri then I hope to F**k we beat these by 5 or 6. A 1-0 win will do me just fine though.  Hendo is a massive blow but still expect us to have too much for this pile of sh*te.

Come on reds. Smash them.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #139: Feb 27, 2017 01:25:46 pm
      I think Can is fine in the No6 role but he has issues when played as the box to box midfielder.

So a Can + Hendo midfield is a Def No.

In the matches against teams like Arsenal, not when you need pace to break down the opposition. He's too ponderous both in thought and feet for that.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #140: Feb 27, 2017 01:25:59 pm
      Henderson is a doubt for tonight through an injury.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #141: Feb 27, 2017 02:17:29 pm
      Hendersn is out and maybe out vs. Arsenal as well.

Go on Emre (surprise me).
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #142: Feb 27, 2017 02:19:56 pm
      Great that's all we need. At least it's not a break as initially rumoured.

Can back in midfield then.

f***in ell 😡😡😡

Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #143: Feb 27, 2017 02:54:24 pm
      Migs
      Clyne Matip Lucas Milner
      Can
      Lallana Wijnaldum
      Mane Firmino Coutinho

Would like to see Can play a worldy and show everyone that he has the ability to play in our team and is just finding it difficult because he isn't playing his favoured number 6 role, but can't see it happening.

Think many is going to terrify their back 4 but have a feeling Coutinho is going to steal the show tonight!

3-1
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #144: Feb 27, 2017 02:55:33 pm
      I think Can is fine in the No6 role but he has issues when played as the box to box midfielder.

Yes agree with this, Can is an OK replacement to Henderson in that role.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #145: Feb 27, 2017 02:59:25 pm
      In the matches against teams like Arsenal, not when you need pace to break down the opposition. He's too ponderous both in thought and feet for that.

What because Henderson is Mr dynamic in coming forwards and creating chances? As long as Can is disciplined and works hard then we will be fine with him in midfield, BTW I cannot imagine that Leicester are planning to park the bus against us, not when they are playing at home. It is however very important that we get the first early goal otherwise it could be a tricky night.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #146: Feb 27, 2017 03:59:03 pm
      Never in the history of  football has 16 days past more slowly than since we last played  :o Now it is mere hours away.... Rock on
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #147: Feb 27, 2017 04:07:13 pm

I know but Can is so sloooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooow. He makes me look fast and I haven't played football for 10 years.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #148: Feb 27, 2017 04:39:51 pm
      Lucas or Can filling in for Hendo, right? But how about we think outside the box and place Wijnaldum there?

Hendo has been fantastic in that more defensive role, but we have to remember, he is not a natural defensive midfielder. The way I see it, reason why he has been a success in that position is mostly because of his athleticism and our high pressing game.

Our pressing game forces oppositions to make mistakes, making them susceptible to being tackled or have balls intercepted, and our high pressing forces the opposition to play deeper which in turn, forces them to counter for the majority of the game, and with an athletic player in that defensive role, he is able to get from point A - B - C quick to cover.

Wijnaldum has all the attributes that Hendo has and some more in terms of footballing ability. Maybe he'll do a better job?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,895 posts | 4966 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #149: Feb 27, 2017 05:05:07 pm
      Hendo being out is swift kick in the bawbag, and he'll be missed, however we should still have enough to beat the Foxes,
      Can't see anyone else but Can coming in as his replacement, I'm hoping Lovren is back but if not I'd rather we have Klavan over Lucas partnering Matip, the likely X1 therefore should look something like thus........

Karius
      Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
      Lallana   Emre  Wijnaldum
       Mane  Firmino Coutinho
      Bench ;
      Mignolet, TAA, Klavan, Moreno, Gomez, Sturridge, Origi

1-3 Mighty Reds

YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #150: Feb 27, 2017 05:07:40 pm
      Lucas or Can filling in for Hendo, right? But how about we think outside the box and place Wijnaldum there?

Hendo has been fantastic in that more defensive role, but we have to remember, he is not a natural defensive midfielder. The way I see it, reason why he has been a success in that position is mostly because of his athleticism and our high pressing game.

Our pressing game forces oppositions to make mistakes, making them susceptible to being tackled or have balls intercepted, and our high pressing forces the opposition to play deeper which in turn, forces them to counter for the majority of the game, and with an athletic player in that defensive role, he is able to get from point A - B - C quick to cover.

Wijnaldum has all the attributes that Hendo has and some more in terms of footballing ability. Maybe he'll do a better job?

Who do you propose takes Gini's role further forward?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,270 posts | 761 
      Reply #151: Feb 27, 2017 05:09:02 pm
      Gone for a narrow 2  1 win for the Reds, in the Prediction league. Always seem to make hard work of these type of games. Off to the pub to watch the match later.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #152: Feb 27, 2017 05:15:05 pm
      Who do you propose takes Gini's role further forward?

;D, i didn't think about that :D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,532 posts | 3903 
      Reply #153: Feb 27, 2017 06:32:48 pm
      Please just win
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #154: Feb 27, 2017 06:47:23 pm
      This has to be up there with one of the longest in-season breaks for Liverpool.  Can you even imagine a month long winter break!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,479 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #155: Feb 27, 2017 06:53:56 pm
      Hendo being out is swift kick in the bawbag, and he'll be missed, however we should still have enough to beat the Foxes,
      Can't see anyone else but Can coming in as his replacement, I'm hoping Lovren is back but if not I'd rather we have Klavan over Lucas partnering Matip, the likely X1 therefore should look something like thus........

Karius
      Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
      Lallana   Emre  Wijnaldum
       Mane  Firmino Coutinho
      Bench ;
      Mignolet, TAA, Klavan, Moreno, Gomez, Sturridge, Origi

1-3 Mighty Reds

YNWA

Yep, agree with team selection, and going for Klavan over Lucas for this one.
      Would also try Karius, though anyone's guess who Klopp with go with.
      Given we haven't played in so long, disappointing to see Hendo out with foot problem, guess it's the plantarfacietis (spelling?) again, which is a bit of a shi**er. Hopefully Emre can improve on recent performances, which though not very good, don't think have been as bad as some would believe.
      Start Lallana in midfield, then the front three pick themselves. Mane is my FF captain this week, hoping he can make hay against these guys.
      We should be well rested and full of beans.

Hard to know how Leicester will react to Ranieri leaving. Good article in the paper at the weekend talking about Leicester, how Walsh leaving, Shakespeare being marginalised, and Ranieri's poor player selections, had a bad effect on the squad.  Apparently Ranieri was picking guys who shouldn't have been playing on merit. If the stand in picks a team that the players buy into, could be tougher game than we think.

We'll soon see...

Quick Reply