Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Pre-Match: Leicester v Liverpool (Mon 27th Feb 8pm)

Read 10542 times
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Re: Pre-Match: Leicester v Liverpool (Mon 27th Feb 8pm)
      Reply #92: Feb 24, 2017 08:41:08 pm

Dont be quite so condescending, the point that was coming across has nothing to do with him, but more the fact that teams seem to pick up when the manager gets the sack, and we now have to play them, remember Swansea !

I wasn't being condescending but if that was your point then fair dinkum
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #93: Feb 24, 2017 09:10:15 pm
      Good time to give Leicesters owners more sleepness nights over money.

Am sure the lads are looking forward to getting out and playing some ball. Hoping for more of the good stuff from Sadio.
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #94: Feb 24, 2017 09:15:28 pm
      F***ing disgrace what they have done to a manager who gave them something the could only dream of. Not just for the 3 point (obviously) but on my moral high horse I hope we give them a twatting.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #95: Feb 24, 2017 09:27:57 pm
      People have been sacked for far less. One point above relegation with 3 months to go?? I know Leicester won the league last season but it doesn't give any automatic right to get them relegated this season. Raniere will be a legend there regardless. Btw, do you think we would have acted any different if we were one point above relegation the year after we won the champions league?
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #96: Feb 24, 2017 09:51:21 pm
      I honestly hope we tear these cu*ts apart on Monday,after what those fuckers have done to  ranieri absolutely batter them so they are at least 3-0 down at half time and the crowd turn on the tw*ts and bay for blood .
      F***ing disgrace is a understatement,who the F**k do they think they are.....
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #97: Feb 25, 2017 01:01:00 am
      It's been so long since we played a game of football! Truly painful, the lads better be chomping at the bit and put on a performance after this length of a wait.

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #98: Feb 25, 2017 09:03:58 am
      I'm actually pissed of that this game is on Monday night, really looking forward to seeing us play again.
      Of all the games we've messed up in, this would be the most annoying to lose, they've lost 6 league games in a row. Our record against teams in the bottom 6 had been terrible, so hopefully we get it into our head that we're playing the champions and not a relegation threatened team.
      I think we'll win this comfortably, maybe 3-0, and putting 4 points between us and the Scum, as well as hopefully closing the gap with those above us would be great.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 665 posts | 86 
      Reply #99: Feb 25, 2017 09:23:16 am
      If Firmino turns up we'll win this and the reason is that Leicester's problems are in the triangle between Huth, Morgan and whoever plays in their DM position, they are all a yard slower than last season and Claudio didn't address it.

Firmino with his style of play which is quick control and vision can cause mayhem in this area together with Lallana, Coutinho and Mane.

Keep the back door shut and and I'm confident of a 2 or 3 nil.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #100: Feb 25, 2017 10:11:19 am
      All the people criticising the Leicester owners for sacking Ranieri, what exactly would you have done in their place? The team is in complete freefall in the league with no signs of improvement, would you honestly just allow the team to be relegated rather than sack Ranieri?
      The bottom line is that as soon as a manager loses the dressing room then its game over, UNLESS they are incredibly tough personalities, which Ranieri is not.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #101: Feb 25, 2017 01:37:12 pm
      If the players think we'll walk this like some fans do then we'll get nothing.

Quote from: Coutinho
      “Leicester are last season’s champions, so they have a lot of quality. There are very good players there, so it’s sure to be a difficult game. Every game in the Premier League is difficult, all teams are well prepared, and so we have to be well prepared.

It’s very important for us [to follow up the victory against Spurs]. I think that, in our situation, all the coming games will be of equal importance. We have to get on the field 100 per cent focused and try to do the same as we did in the game with Tottenham.”

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/254791-coutinho-confident-reds-are-ready-for-leicester

:gt-happyup:
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #102: Feb 25, 2017 08:58:45 pm
      All the people criticising the Leicester owners for sacking Ranieri, what exactly would you have done in their place? The team is in complete freefall in the league with no signs of improvement, would you honestly just allow the team to be relegated rather than sack Ranieri?
      The bottom line is that as soon as a manager loses the dressing room then its game over, UNLESS they are incredibly tough personalities, which Ranieri is not.

Well he should not of being treated like that and given that they were champions last season Leicester F***ing city champions I personally think he had a ton more credit in the bank.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,936 posts | 4993 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #103: Feb 25, 2017 10:07:07 pm
      Well he should not of being treated like that and given that they were champions last season Leicester f**king city champions I personally think he had a ton more credit in the bank.

100% correct, Ranieri gave them their only league title they are likely to have, they probably will drop down to obscurity for F**k knows how long,
      Ask yourself this... 
      What manager would want to come in and manage under the current owners, if it's true that senior players went behind Ranieri's back how can you manage players who are willing to stab you in the back like those spineless kunts did,

I reckon their fans will be booing like F**k when they run out Monday, the spineless fuckwits will be f***in shitting themselves cos they are responsible for sacking the bloke who gave those fans memories they'll take to the grave,

Then they have to face us, X1 hungry players chomping at the bit, fresh as virgins honeypot,

I sense a proper crushing at the crisp bowl,  for us of course,

Dinga ding Dinga dong!!

YNWA
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #104: Feb 25, 2017 10:24:10 pm
      100% correct, Ranieri gave them their only league title they are likely to have, they probably will drop down to obscurity for f**k knows how long,
      Ask yourself this... 
      What manager would want to come in and manage under the current owners, if it's true that senior players went behind Ranieri's back how can you manage players who are willing to stab you in the back like those spineless kunts did,

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ Mmmmm what manager would go there?
      C'mon.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #105: Feb 25, 2017 10:29:29 pm
      Hope that Stoke can take point off of Spurs tomorrow or at least hold them to one
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #106: Feb 25, 2017 10:31:27 pm
      In many ways, the sacking of Ranieri makes me even more nervous for the game. These are the kind of games where we often slip up, not just this season, across several seasons. Fingers crossed the break has been used sufficiently, players return energetically and we get a good support behind them from those in the terraces.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #107: Feb 25, 2017 10:37:03 pm
      It's been a long time coming this game...after our La Manga training, I bet the lads can't wait for Monday night, it's been far to long since the Spurs game.

And now with the sacking of Ranieri, this game could go one of two ways, hopefully it will go 100% our way, but I don't think it will be the thrashing some of you think, hope I'm wrong though, if we get an early goal the Leicester fans will turn on their own players after the way some of them have betrayed the man who took them to the title, surely they have to take some of the blame, and if they do, I think they'll crumble under the weight of our forward line.

Anyway I'm lucky enough to have a ticket for this game, so it will be a very interesting night, can't wait to see the Redmen in action again.

No excuses lads, at them right from the start, want to see everybody giving 120 per cent, no tiredness, after all, we have nothing else to play for  :(

Let's do this and send them even further into trouble, cos they really got on my tits last season !!!!!  :lmao:
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #108: Feb 25, 2017 10:48:52 pm
      coyr

Lets win this  :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1:

We can do this, we must do this!

:kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #109: Feb 25, 2017 10:49:25 pm
      Jürgen should have given the lads a beasting over the last couple of weeks so we should be very well prepared for this one, physically and tactically.

With Mane and Coutinho back, I don't see this being another Hull away. I think we'll win it good and proper, and the sacking of Ranieri, after what was a good result for Leicester in Seville, will help us.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #110: Feb 25, 2017 11:01:11 pm
      In many ways, the sacking of Ranieri makes me even more nervous for the game. These are the kind of games where we often slip up, not just this season, across several seasons. Fingers crossed the break has been used sufficiently, players return energetically and we get a good support behind them from those in the terraces.

Couldn't agree more, no way is this going to be the whipping everyone expects. However we're due a good win over a bottom team and surely this is it!!!
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 665 posts | 86 
      Reply #111: Feb 25, 2017 11:06:17 pm

And now with the sacking of Ranieri, this game could go one of two ways

Let's do this and send them even further into trouble, cos they really got on my tits last season !!!!!  :lmao:
      Could it not go one of 3 ways W D L. Just interested if they got on your t..s last season would you have preferred Arsenal, Spurs. Citeh or United to have won it.  Myself if we couldn't win it, loved the fact that Leicester and a gentleman of a manager won it
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #112: Feb 25, 2017 11:16:07 pm
      All the people criticising the Leicester owners for sacking Ranieri, what exactly would you have done in their place?

Maybe give the manager that won the league the chance to turn it around, would of at least given him the second-leg v Sevilla first!!

But I'm a Liverpool fan and really don't give a F**k about Leicester.. So I hope we tw*t them all over the place on Monday night.

Anyway roll on Monday night, two weeks without a match as being doing my tits in.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #113: Feb 26, 2017 08:33:10 am
      Maybe give the manager that won the league the chance to turn it around, would of at least given him the second-leg v Sevilla first!!

But I'm a Liverpool fan and really don't give a f**k about Leicester.. So I hope we tw*t them all over the place on Monday night.

Anyway roll on Monday night, two weeks without a match as being doing my tits in.

I'll agree that it is slightly weird timing half way through a CL tie and with a Liverpool match just a few days away but to say Ranieri has not been given time to turn it round this season is silly. We are 2/3rds of the way through the season and Leicester have been woeful all season. 
      I view Ranieri a bit like Roy Evans, both good footballing men, real gents, but just a bit to soft.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #114: Feb 26, 2017 09:54:04 am
      I'm seeing this ("type of game we slip up...") a lot which is fair enough I suppose although the truth is; I was assured all that would change.

Now the same people who assured me that things would improve are telling me they are afraid of a pish Leicester team and they are getting their excuses in early. Why?

Seriously tho; why should I have faith if they clearly don't?  :-\

Nah... their mealy-mouthed hedging is too transparent; the need for them to appear to be right, at some level, too sad - they should stand by their convictions and trust the man they told everyone else to. 😉

Jürgen and the lads will stuff a sh*t lot.
      « Last Edit: Feb 26, 2017 01:47:41 pm by bad boy bubby »

Quick Reply