Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Which 2 teams will finish outside top 4 in Prem

Read 1805 times
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 665 posts | 86 
      Which 2 teams will finish outside top 4 in Prem
      Feb 18, 2017 11:29:03 pm
      Question is simple, but which 2 teams will finish outside top 4.  I think Man U and Spurs. Man U because they have away games at Spurs, Arsenal and Citeh. Spurs because they showed very little at Anfield recently. 

Who do you think and why?
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Which 2 teams will finish outside top 4 in Prem
      Reply #1: Feb 19, 2017 12:07:51 pm
      Man Utd for sure, Lost to much ground early in the season, and still look a bit weak at times... And I don't like to say it, Us(LFC)... Just worry about us vs Smaller clubs on the run in... We struggle to break teams down in our current incarnation... And some of the teams we will meet on that run in will be teams fighting for thier Premiership survival and will be more than happy to get a point  by parking the bus, or sneak three off of a set piece... We need Chelsea to do us a favour with the teams around us, and we in turn have to do our part beating minor opposition as well as at least hold the others to a point... Worrying point about Chelsea is that if the remain untouchable and have a Premier league game against the chasing pack the week before a FA Cup Fixture as seen in the past against LFC they will not be going full tilt to win that game, as they will be more concerned with that Cup game
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2: Feb 19, 2017 12:24:56 pm
      I would have to go with Utd and Spurs. Spurs are choke artists as they showed last season and I can see them losing a few more before the seasons over. Utd because although they have made up ground, I don't think they can keep their unbeaten run going. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3: Feb 19, 2017 12:33:20 pm
      I think Arsenal and Man Utd, I really do fancy us to secure 2nd or 3rd place as we have no other games to distract us and will have plenty of time to rest in between games.

I think Arsenal will fall apart and fade as they usually do and surely at some point Ibra will run out of gas at Utd, its astonishing how well he has lasted this season, but in any case I'm not that impressed with Utd.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4: Feb 19, 2017 05:47:10 pm
      Man Utd have a squad depth so extensive that the position they find themselves in is quite frankly hilarious. Unfortunately for them they have in Jose Mourinho a man who is yesterdays man and looks quite conservative and reactionary in comparison to the football played at Chelsea, Liverpool, City, Spurs and Arsenal. Seriously just look at their lumpy long ball sh*t. The idea amongst Manc fans that that will get them back to the top is hilarious yet cute. Add in the fact that he goes into meltdown in his third year basically they only had this season and next to challenge for the league. With Klopp strengthening his squad bit by bit, Conte being Conte with his superb Chelsea squad and Guardiola slowly but surely finding his way at City with a young and vibrant attack led by an exciting prospect in Jesus Gabriel, Man Utd sure as hell won't be winning the league next season particularly with an ageing Swede as your talisman. Mourinho will have a breakdown and leave before Man Utd become a league winning force again.

Quick Reply