Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Leicester 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29106 times
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Re: Leicester 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: Feb 28, 2017 09:18:29 pm
      I find it frightening how our midfield disappears whe Henderson is missing
      Hull , Burnley , Bournemouth , Swansea ?
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #737: Feb 28, 2017 09:25:44 pm
      Hull , Burnley , Bournemouth , Swansea ?

So, go 4 4 2 in those games? Or 3 5 2?  I would.  If Hendo's missing we always struggle for control, so put an extra lad in there.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #738: Feb 28, 2017 09:29:22 pm
      I actually said to me bird last night that Leicester were out to stop/hurt mane in the first half? Steptoe did a f***in job alright

Yep...
      Mane just vanished for the rest of the game..mind you, everyone did..
      and whats worse is that we had/have no one who can get angry and stamp on Vardy and hurt the little f**ker as pay back.
      Good job it wasn't Jimmy Case he said hello to in the first minute....
      He'd have been stretchered off twenty minutes later..

Klopp should know by now that night games like Leicester away in February are gonna require muscle and bottle and as one earlier post mentioned that out of the run in of 13 games left, 10 of them are against teams outside the top 8 with most of them in the bottom half kicking and screaming for their lives..

We lacked bottle and muscle when it mattered last night and it was no different to what I witnessed against Hull, Wolves and Swansea..

I am NOT looking forward to Matip and Lucas dealing with Giroud and Sanchez on Saturday....
      « Last Edit: Mar 01, 2017 11:21:26 am by 6stringer »
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #739: Feb 28, 2017 09:32:41 pm
      So, go 4 4 2 in those games? Or 3 5 2?  I would.  If Hendo's missing we always struggle for control, so put an extra lad in there.
      Henderson was playing in all those defeats !! I agree i'd go 4-4-2 though at home and 4-5-1 away.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #740: Feb 28, 2017 09:42:21 pm
      Henderson was playing in all those defeats !! I agree i'd go 4-4-2 though at home and 4-5-1 away.

I should've checked! 

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #741: Mar 01, 2017 01:22:20 am
      You know what's costing us and has probably cost us over the years.... our defensive. Season after season, it has cost us a place in the CL positions, it has cost us the title and it cost us the Europa League.

Utd , Spurs , City and Arsenal have 20+ season strikers, but look at where they are in the table and how close it is between 2-6. Imagine if we had Kante or De Gea, I bet we would be up there challenging Chelsea, that or 3-6 points behind them.
      I agree that we need to defend, but we also need to be able to score, two side of the same coin really
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #742: Mar 01, 2017 01:26:17 am
      You know what's costing us and has probably cost us over the years.... our defensive. Season after season, it has cost us a place in the CL positions, it has cost us the title and it cost us the Europa League.

Utd , Spurs , City and Arsenal have 20+ season strikers, but look at where they are in the table and how close it is between 2-6. Imagine if we had Kante or De Gea, I bet we would be up there challenging Chelsea, that or 3-6 points behind them.
      would like to add that we have one of the highest, if not the highest possession rates in the Premier league, yet constanly do little with it compered to the other five clubs
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #743: Mar 01, 2017 06:53:16 am
      would like to add that we have one of the highest, if not the highest possession rates in the Premier league, yet constanly do little with it compered to the other five clubs

The way we are playing lately I would say that the highest possession rate only applies to 3/4 of the pitch.All that possession is wasted in the last 1/4 when it comes to putting the ball in the opposition net.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #744: Mar 01, 2017 08:15:35 am
      The problem is the width thats where the possession breaks down surprised any of them know what a by line or a goal line is and how productive cut backs are
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #745: Mar 01, 2017 09:23:47 am
      .. It was reported that Deli Ali was ready to sign, but was offered  only £50k a week wages. Now I ask myself was that real down to Klopp, does he negotiate the term of a contract with the player, or is that the players agent and the clubs representatives?.
      Dele was offered about £4000 a week by us. Spurs nipped in and offered £10,000 a week. That was when Brendan was manager

He also mentions his our transfers work for him
      "If the player you want is not on the list you have to take someone else," said Rodgers.

"For example if you want a left back, but the one you want isn't there, you have to take the best one thats in that group."

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #746: Mar 01, 2017 10:03:53 am
      re-watched this and it was a shambolic effort from everyone involved.

Absolutely fuming  :f_steam:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #747: Mar 01, 2017 11:27:35 am
      Dele was offered about £4000 a week by us. Spurs nipped in and offered £10,000 a week. That was when Brendan was manager

"If the player you want is not on the list you have to take someone else," said Rodgers.

"For example if you want a left back, but the one you want isn't there, you have to take the best one thats in that group."

That's pretty much true of anything in life.

Oh you are out of steak? I guess I will take chicken.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #748: Mar 01, 2017 12:01:43 pm

Thanks for the correction, got  caught between writing down £5000, and £5k came out as £50k ;D... And fair shake to Spurs offering the lad £10k in a footballing world where £80k a week is in the low end of footballer wages... In mat very well be on BR watch down we all know who was pulling the purse strings...Fucking Stingy Gits
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #749: Mar 02, 2017 11:37:21 pm
      Just reading the club website   .

Players quotes :     "We must do better "

"Now is not the time to look back "

and all the other sh*te and stuff that the Anfield PR machine wants to grind up and spew out.

Its all sh*te ...  all of it .

We are being fed complete rubbish  and have been for the last few years .....  and what pisses me off is that our intelligence is being insulted.

FSG  .... youve got your billion valuation now get on and take the money and run.... or build the TEAM .

There is no one out there who knows what they are doing and no one left in a team full of strange names with no Scouse DNA.

Be prepared to accept mediocrity   because until something explosive happens that is all we are getting .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #750: Mar 02, 2017 11:57:19 pm
      Just reading the club website   .

Players quotes :     "We must do better "

"Now is not the time to look back "

and all the other sh*te and stuff that the Anfield PR machine wants to grind up and spew out.

Its all sh*te ...  all of it .

We are being fed complete rubbish  and have been for the last few years .....  and what pisses me off is that our intelligence is being insulted.

FSG  .... youve got your billion valuation now get on and take the money and run.... or build the TEAM .

There is no one out there who knows what they are doing and no one left in a team full of strange names with no Scouse DNA.

Be prepared to accept mediocrity   because until something explosive happens that is all we are getting .

I was going to start a thread discussing the cringe PR and awful 'fan' engagement online. Couldn't be bothered though because I didn't know where to start to be honest (will come in time no doubt either from myself or a fellow user).

Just today I look on Facebook and twitter and Simon Mignolet is, predictably, banging on about recent form and all that other predictably dull sh*t that is becoming the norm. The comments section were rightly quite infuriating - 'start doing your talking on the pitch' etc etc. I couldn't agree more with the sentiments. And then the 'fan engagement' online - just embarrassing like below when they got fans to 'design' a movie poster for a shameless promoting stunt. I had to unfollow the club on twitter because it was becoming so spam like in it's stupidity and infantilism.

I don't know what's worse. That or them replaying old goals from better days making us curse the beige stagnant era of FSG even more.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #751: Mar 03, 2017 05:04:58 am
      I was going to start a thread discussing the cringe PR and awful 'fan' engagement online. Couldn't be bothered though because I didn't know where to start to be honest (will come in time no doubt either from myself or a fellow user).

Just today I look on Facebook and twitter and Simon Mignolet is, predictably, banging on about recent form and all that other predictably dull sh*t that is becoming the norm. The comments section were rightly quite infuriating - 'start doing your talking on the pitch' etc etc. I couldn't agree more with the sentiments. And then the 'fan engagement' online - just embarrassing like below when they got fans to 'design' a movie poster for a shameless promoting stunt. I had to unfollow the club on twitter because it was becoming so spam like in it's stupidity and infantilism.

I don't know what's worse. That or them replaying old goals from better days making us curse the beige stagnant era of FSG even more.

i cannot agree more. playing old goals Does not make us forget the sh*te we are served with now.  it pisses me off that the LFC now is a shadow of its former glory.  I am pure Type A. i work long hours and make good money because i want more in life.  LFC currently is a silver spoon loafer that lives off its prior glory and it pisses me off that i love and support a club that is not ambitious.  talk is cheap. and right now, LFC is dollar bin cheap

please FSG wake up.  if you make us amazing. that billion dollar valuation could be 1.5 or possibly more.  $$$$$
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #752: Mar 03, 2017 01:19:34 pm
      Who wants to start the "PR" thread then ?

P doesn't stand for Public ... it stands for Propaganda.

Lets see what can we call it .

Who can find the worst stomach churning player quote ?

?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #753: Mar 03, 2017 03:31:24 pm
      Seriously think about getting rid of my LFCTV... Just can't stand the thought of my subscription finding it's way into FSG pocket... thing is that I still will be paying them in Merchandise and any games attended... Fuckers still find a way to get my money  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #754: Mar 03, 2017 06:03:46 pm
      Whilst mentioning cringeworthy .....    where is the fried  Eggman ?   

Gone missing.

Quick Reply