Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Leicester 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29507 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Leicester 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Feb 27, 2017 10:03:03 pm
      Spineless,gutless,no heart,no bollocks,
      No pride.

On the other hand our supporters there tonight. They made all that noise but still had to put up with that. Even more insulting when they made the journey. Heroes. I salute every one of them.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #599: Feb 27, 2017 10:03:12 pm
      If our owners haven't found the panic-button yet we're truly fu**ed.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #600: Feb 27, 2017 10:03:40 pm
      We've been at it the FSG way since 2010.

It's brough one League Cup.

All all this 'smartest lads in the room' sh*te has a result in every decent player we have brought in during that time leaving... except Coutinho... who is going to leave.

We tried to win stuff the FSG and its as bad a spell for silverware since Bill rocked up in the 50s.

Stop this sh*te.

Buy top quality players.
      Pay top quality wages.
      Give fans top quality football.

The club needs to stop pretending we are lucky to be a club with immense following ane start acting like the sleeping giant we are.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #601: Feb 27, 2017 10:03:43 pm
      Not a hope this team is finishing top 4.

Arsenal will finish top 4 again as they always do.

And they're average.

I think both Manc clubs will also finish above us as their squad depth will pay divident.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #602: Feb 27, 2017 10:03:45 pm
      I honestly feel F***ing deflated.

Everything seems to go against us. The Footballing Gods are cu*ts.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #603: Feb 27, 2017 10:03:53 pm
      Origi and Mignolet may have scraped a six the rest can fxxk right off lack of character , fight anything . Klopp subs getting so predictable and the selection of Lucas over Klavan or Gomez poor

This is what I don't get from folk - a few weeks ago, Klaven is a steaming pile of sh*te, the next people are clamouring for the legend Lucas in defence.

The hypocrisy is astounding. Just face it - our squad isn't good enough and that is down to FSG.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Re: Live: Leicester V Liverpool
      Reply #604: Feb 27, 2017 10:04:16 pm
      That was disgraceful.

The first 45 mins is up there with the worst I've seen Liverpool play, not just this season, but ever in my life. Was Roy Hodgson managing us tonight? It felt like it.

Second half was slightly better. They sat further back so that meant we saw more of the ball. As usual we did nothing with it though. We have very little pace or width in the team so we're never breaking down a team who sits men behind the ball, we haven't all season. I knew at half time the game was over.

Sick of this group of players turning up when they can be arsed but when the going gets tough they're just not interested. Looking at that first half, all 11 of them thought they'd just turn up and simply breeze this game. Where was the fight? The passion? We were second to every ball, lost every 50-50.

Usually I go through the players one by one and give a brief description of how I thought they played but tonight I won't bother, all 11 of them were garbage and should be ashamed of themselves.

Thought klopp got it wrong making changes around the 65-70 mark too. Where we 3-0 down at that point as well? Piss poor. Changes should be been made at half time or even earlier!  I don't agree with him taking lallana or mane off either. Ok, both were poor tonight, but who wasn't? You should always keep your goal threats on the pitch. Mane is capable of creating something out of nothing at any time.

Still a dozen games to go, but gut feeling says top four is gone. There will be another 3-4 games like this left this season.

Team of F***ing bottlers. F***ing shithouse performance that.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #605: Feb 27, 2017 10:04:29 pm
      Can is a sh*t midfielder and an average makeshift defender.

He has no business at this club.

None.

I wouldn't cry if he were to be sold in the summer.

In hindsight, Klopp should have switched Lucas and Can around. You could clearly see Can had control of Vardy, and with our lack of  authority and composure in midfield, maybe Lucas would have helped with possession play.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #606: Feb 27, 2017 10:04:51 pm
      That first half was our worst half of football of the season. I've no idea what plan we dreamed up while abroad for two weeks but it was shambolic. Lucas against Vardy without cover from anywhere else was asking for trouble, our slowest player against their quickest and asking to play a high line was either terribly naive or what I believe was just terrible execution. Milner can't bomb on and Can leave completely to allow that ball to ever be played and be a 1v1 sprint. Every person who knows anything about football knows Vardy wins that battle every day of the week with his legs tied together.

2nd goal you just don't legislate for, the fact it's a c**t like that hitting an absolute worldy just smacks of 'typical' right now in my opinion. They don't score all year yet hit one like that against us, F***ing cu*ts but on balance they deserved to go in 2 up we offered absolutely nothing. People can single players out but collectively that was embarrassing that first half and they should be ashamed of themselves because if they were playing at all well they should have been bollocking the cu*ts that weren't and there were only a small few who were (Matip being one).

2nd half I actually think we did alright and were unfortunate not to get a couple more, thought a few of our players played quite well and Can has come in for a lot of stick but apart from ducking the challenge in the box where he thought he'd give away a pen and a foul throw I thought he did reasonably well. Coutinho also did well in that second half and Matip was excellent (the two passes that went out of play to Clyne were both because Clyne couldn't anticipate a pass even if you told him 5 seconds earlier it was coming).

Overall though you can't recover from the abject sh*te we served up to begin with and unfortunately our bench, through a combination of poor quality and injuries just didn't give us options to change it drastically enough, like subbing off about 9 of them.

Sure plenty will have a field day in here and the lads deserve plenty of stick on the back of that but if we'd started the game in the manner we played the 2nd half and gone from there I think we'd have won easily. As it is that's put us right on the back foot in terms of top 4 and the lads will have to endure the sh*t that gets slung their way because on the back of that first half especially they deserve every ounce of it.

I will say that I hope Clyne and Milner don't dodge their fair share they were both absolutely diabolical and are bigger problems in our side than I think is even near to being appreciated. Poor at the back and poor going forward, both need replacing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #607: Feb 27, 2017 10:04:57 pm
      If our owners haven't found the panic-button yet we're truly fu**ed.

Doesn't matter now, what can we do? We can get new owners tomorrow ready to spend huge but it won't help us this season because we let the Jan window come and go and can't strengthen till next season.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #608: Feb 27, 2017 10:05:14 pm
      Anybody know where Sturridge is?

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #609: Feb 27, 2017 10:07:17 pm

In purgatory - which is better than where these fuckers tonight are going.
      georgemj1994
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #610: Feb 27, 2017 10:08:10 pm
      We need to start questioning Klopp and no I'm not saying get rid of him by any means but we've made no improvement since Brendan was sacked, he consistently picks the same team, the same formations which just don't work. For a world class manager like Klopp you'd think he would have strengthened in January and the thing that winds me up the most is his loyalty to out of form players. How can he justify selling Joe Allen and keeping sh*te like Lucas? what does Lucas bring to the table!? Why does he continue to play Lucas at CB when Klavan is on the bench? why doesn't he even give Can a go at CB because it's clearly not working for him in midfield? why is Klopp so stubborn when it comes to team selections? no idea where we go from here I'm not confident we'll get top 6 this season let alone top 4.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #611: Feb 27, 2017 10:08:20 pm
      Costa. Aguero. Kane. Sanchez. Ibrahimovich.
      Now look at us.
      There's a reason we can't beat mid-table or bottom teams.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #612: Feb 27, 2017 10:08:28 pm
      I can only hope the night doesnt end with Klopp and the "We will learn from this" line, if that happens, well I will not be held responsible for my actions!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #613: Feb 27, 2017 10:09:21 pm
      In purgatory - which is better than where these fuckers tonight are going.

I'd happily see all but four of then fu**ed off into a cannon and shot into the sun.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #614: Feb 27, 2017 10:09:26 pm
      Poor Leicester losing 6 league games in a row not to worry, here come Liverpool to save the day!

We surely must have one of the worst records against bottom-six sides? F@cking torturous to watch at times.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,547 posts | 1495 
      Reply #615: Feb 27, 2017 10:10:12 pm
      According to klopp in the pre match presser he's still not fully recovered from his viral infection mate,I think half  the players have caught it judging by that cack tonight.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #616: Feb 27, 2017 10:10:21 pm
      I honestly feel f**king deflated.

Everything seems to go against us. The Footballing Gods are cu*ts.

Footballing sh*t Gods = FSG
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #617: Feb 27, 2017 10:10:41 pm

No idea but I was calling for him to be brought on at half time. ;D

Forgot he was injured.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #618: Feb 27, 2017 10:10:48 pm
      It's also not a coincidence that all these bottom teams just play their best games against us.
      They saw us just walking around with no real motivation in the first few minutes and they knew they could just go for a win.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #619: Feb 27, 2017 10:11:47 pm
      No idea but I was calling for him to be brought on at half time. ;D

Forgot he was injured.

He is injured? Sturridge? surely not!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #620: Feb 27, 2017 10:13:26 pm
      They came at us from the start, which I thought would be to our advance, but as usual WITH NO F***ing STRIKER we had to over pass the ball midfield to get into attacking areas.
      They were much hungrier than us which seen to be the story with us these days. We have no excuses.
      All I.can say it's thank God Brendan is gone because he would bee crucified now if this was happening under him.

Quick Reply