Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Liverpool record revenue but £19M loss for 2015-16

Read 21371 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Liverpool record revenue but £19M loss for 2015-16
      Reply #207: Mar 08, 2017 09:33:07 am
      Now that the penny is dropping (all over the show) on the real motivation of the carpetbaggers, it's interesting to watch where denial still exsists... quite telling in fact. 😉
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #208: Mar 08, 2017 10:03:50 am
      Now that the penny is dropping (all over the show) on the real motivation of the carpetbaggers, it's interesting to watch where denial still exsists... quite telling in fact. 😉

It's OCFSGD and as can be seen it is unfortunately progressive.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,171 posts | 829 
      Reply #209: Mar 08, 2017 10:13:46 am

What denial?

I would like to see where I'm wrong, so far the reason we made a loss is because of administrative expenses and if you look at page 19 of the report the cost of sacking BR heavily contributed to this loss. Not to mention also staff wages increased considerably. Our revenue is growing, which means that's good news and the redundancy & associated cost is just a one off for the time being.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #210: Mar 08, 2017 10:56:54 am
      Is there any jobs going at Anfield? Judging by the "non players" wage bill, I could run one of the bars, prolly be on about 5K a week. Where do I sign up? The Mrs could do the wages admin, f*** knows how much she'd get.

We could retire and live next door to Rafa in ten years.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #211: Mar 08, 2017 11:10:29 am
      What denial?

I would like to see where I'm wrong, so far the reason we made a loss is because of administrative expenses and if you look at page 19 of the report the cost of sacking BR heavily contributed to this loss. Not to mention also staff wages increased considerably. Our revenue is growing, which means that's good news and the redundancy & associated cost is just a one off for the time being.

Repeating the FSG version of events and it has to be said a very specific version of events, is tedious in that the only perspective is that from an accountant's record of financial data.

Being as it is a football forum dedicated to the fortunes or not of LFC, nobody gives a sh*t about the layers of accountants, executive, share-holders and extraordinary outgoings logged in the layers of financial records.
      Is all this horseshit intentional some would ask?
      A means of distraction from the nuts and bolts of operating a successful set-up to achieve success as a soccer football club?

Presumably the object is to have Anfield as a financial hub on matchdays with all hands on their calculators checking out the game receipts and implication to our market value, make a change from the mobile phone merchants.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #212: Mar 08, 2017 11:16:20 am
      Shamelessly robbed from RAWK:

**Just a note here, our debt is increasing despite what some people will try to have you believe, nice to see it illustrated so clearly here.**

In summary:

Turnover is increasing year on year.

We're making huge profits on player sales.

Commercial revenue is increasing.

Our Debt is increasing, the inter-company loan is increasing (despite being 0%), quite alarmingly by my reckoning.

Our wages are increasing disproportionately to the playing staff.

Yeah everything adds up quite neatly so our tax payments remain low but this is more than creative accounting, it stinks.

hmm, which part of the debt is increasing "quite alarmingly, by your reckoning"?

Looking at a P&L in isolation really tells you nothing btw, and is nothing more than a snapshot.
      The Balance Sheet provides the context and explanations.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,171 posts | 829 
      Reply #213: Mar 08, 2017 11:49:26 am
      Repeating the FSG version of events and it has to be said a very specific version of events, is tedious in that the only perspective is that from an accountant's record of financial data.

Being as it is a football forum dedicated to the fortunes or not of LFC, nobody gives a sh*t about the layers of accountants, executive, share-holders and extraordinary outgoings logged in the layers of financial records.
      Is all this horseshit intentional some would ask?
      A means of distraction from the nuts and bolts of operating a successful set-up to achieve success as a soccer football club?

Presumably the object is to have Anfield as a financial hub on matchdays with all hands on their calculators checking out the game receipts and implication to our market value, make a change from the mobile phone merchants.

No one denies that football results are important, of course it is but what most of us are arguing is against supporters who think that FSG are taking money out of the club or putting debt at an ''alarming'' rate or how they are playing with accounting figures for their own benefit. It's all nonsense
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,171 posts | 829 
      Reply #214: Mar 08, 2017 11:51:10 am
      hmm, which part of the debt is increasing "quite alarmingly, by your reckoning"?

Looking at a P&L in isolation really tells you nothing btw, and is nothing more than a snapshot.
      The Balance Sheet provides the context and explanations.

As I explained mate, the intercompany loan as expected increased because of stadium redevelopment, and at this period we paid no interest expense on that loan (shown on the same page).

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #215: Mar 08, 2017 11:58:23 am
      As I explained mate, the intercompany loan as expected increased because of stadium redevelopment, and at this period we paid no interest expense on that loan (shown on the same page).

Yes I saw that, and it's exactly as you say.
      The snapshots are supposed to provide some kind of narrative, after his ill advised crowing about "1.5% over 5 years loan" nonsense, taken from the twitter account of one of the biggest idiots on the internet, who was banned from here.

I'm just wondering how the poster himself see's it, and which parts worry him most.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #216: Mar 08, 2017 01:43:13 pm
      No one denies that football results are important, of course it is but what most of us are arguing is against supporters who think that FSG are taking money out of the club or putting debt at an ''alarming'' rate or how they are playing with accounting figures for their own benefit. It's all nonsense

Nonsense!
      I for one have never said JWH&Co are taking money per se out of the club, this suggestion has been put forward by another who is now on blank for being full of sh*t.

This once again is yet more diversion to veil the fact that the owners refuse to feed the asset that is LFC, there is no logical reason why this tenet of commercial practice is not followed by the owners.
      They acquired the club for a song making their refusal to use their own money to bolster a sound investment all the more incredible.

The only assumption is they are here to make as much money out of LFC with no input whatever - a shyster's dream.

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #217: Mar 08, 2017 03:25:27 pm
      Nonsense!
      I for one have never said JWH&Co are taking money per se out of the club, this suggestion has been put forward by another who is now on blank for being full of sh*t.

This once again is yet more diversion to veil the fact that the owners refuse to feed the asset that is LFC, there is no logical reason why this tenet of commercial practice is not followed by the owners.
      They acquired the club for a song making their refusal to use their own money to bolster a sound investment all the more incredible.

The only assumption is they are here to make as much money out of LFC with no input whatever - a shyster's dream.

Apparently we should be ok with the fact they don't use their own money because they told us they wouldn't. I wasn't happy with then and I'm not now, it shows they aren't as committed as they should be.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,256 posts | 6364 
      Reply #218: Mar 08, 2017 03:49:52 pm
      Apparently we should be ok with the fact they don't use their own money because they told us they wouldn't. I wasn't happy with then and I'm not now, it shows they aren't as committed as they should be.

Or it shows that they are typical business men who operate under the guise of OPM (Other people's money).

You can not be happy about it, but I doubt you will find any owner of a sports franchise that will hardly ever throw in tons of their own capital.

I  couldn't care less if FSG are putting their own money in or  not, as long as they are giving Jürgen plenty of money to sign who he wants. If that's not happening then we've got problems.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #219: Mar 08, 2017 03:50:52 pm

If that's supposed to be directed at me, I never said any such thing.
      I said I don't see the point moaning about something that isn't going to change, or words to that effect.

And you get all snotty and accuse other people of lying?
      Pots and kettles right there fella.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #220: Mar 08, 2017 04:04:00 pm
      Or it shows that they are typical business men who operate under the guise of OPM (Other people's money).

You can not be happy about it, but I doubt you will find any owner of a sports franchise that will hardly ever throw in tons of their own capital.

I  couldn't care less if FSG are putting their own money in or  not, as long as they are giving Jürgen plenty of money to sign who he wants. If that's not happening then we've got problems.

Maybe it doesn't concern you but the fact of the matter is your assumption that the manager is being provided with the means to achieve success looks very doubtful indeed.

From here it sounds like more spin, the spin we have endured for seven long years and it looks set to continue with more ''wait and see'' bollocks.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #221: Mar 08, 2017 04:18:48 pm
      If that's supposed to be directed at me, I never said any such thing.
      I said I don't see the point moaning about something that isn't going to change, or words to that effect.

And you get all snotty and accuse other people of lying?
      Pots and kettles right there fella.

Who mentioned you? I've heard that used in FSGs defence many times. I know it's not going to change under FSG, that's one of the reasons why I would prefer new owners.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #222: Mar 08, 2017 04:35:39 pm
      Maybe it doesn't concern you but the fact of the matter is your assumption that the manager is being provided with the means to achieve success looks very doubtful indeed.

From here it sounds like more spin, the spin we have endured for seven long years and it looks set to continue with more ''wait and see'' bollocks.

How many times do we have to wait until the next summer? 😕
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #223: Mar 08, 2017 04:42:06 pm
      Ronnie Pickering

Who?

Ronnie F***ing Pickering

Get him over there get us some money.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #224: Mar 08, 2017 05:59:35 pm
      Who mentioned you? I've heard that used in FSGs defence many times. I know it's not going to change under FSG, that's one of the reasons why I would prefer new owners.

No you haven't.

Proper gutless aren't ye.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #225: Mar 08, 2017 07:28:27 pm
      No you haven't.

Proper gutless aren't ye.
      Not biting fella 😂
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #226: Mar 08, 2017 08:04:37 pm
      Read what I actually wrote.

Take time to comprehend it.

Now tell me how it relates to you.

And...

If it doesn't [relate to you] then why are you offended? 🤔

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #227: Mar 08, 2017 09:33:23 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loan-new-main-stand-not-12711821

Oh look, again Swab proven to be talking bollocks. First the debt wasn't going up, then of course it was going up.

Next I'm listening to the dumbest person on the planet despite him clearly quoting different sources for his information if anyone wanted to check and now.... ::drumroll::

Interest on the loan!!!

AS F***ing PREDICTED BY ME YEARS AGO.

Now listen to the spin:

"the money will be going to the banks instead"

Yeah the banks that JWH banks with and straight into his personal account no matter how many deviations it takes along the way.

Thank you, I'm here all week :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,256 posts | 6364 
      Reply #228: Mar 08, 2017 09:38:55 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loan-new-main-stand-not-12711821

Oh look, again Swab proven to be talking bollocks. First the debt wasn't going up, then of course it was going up.

Next I'm listening to the dumbest person on the planet despite him clearly quoting different sources for his information if anyone wanted to check and now.... ::drumroll::

Interest on the loan!!!

AS F***ing PREDICTED BY ME YEARS AGO.

Now listen to the spin:

"the money will be going to the banks instead"

Yeah the banks that JWH banks with and straight into his personal account no matter how many deviations it takes along the way.

Thank you, I'm here all week :lmao:
      So FSG is embezzling money?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #229: Mar 08, 2017 09:39:41 pm
      Just for the record too, the resident accountants above tried to claim there wasn't any interest as proven by the accounts apparently. Should be interesting how that is now spun... I await with intrigue.

Quick Reply