Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool record revenue but £19M loss for 2015-16

Read 21235 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: Liverpool record revenue but £19M loss for 2015-16
      Reply #23: Mar 01, 2017 02:15:32 pm
      Things seem to be going wrong off the field, as well as on the field. Certainly not the Liverpool way !
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #24: Mar 01, 2017 02:37:48 pm
      For me this simply proves the stupidity of their business model. If they had bothered to invest heavily in the squad in the first place and bought world class talent rather than 'ones for the future' we'd actually have spent the last six years in the Champions league and therefore they would not only have recouped their investment but the club would be making a profit.

What is known as a short-term outlook, contradicting JWH's quote way back when in stating they were here for the long-term, in which time the fortunes of the club would improve - or some such F***ing bollocks.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #25: Mar 01, 2017 02:40:12 pm
      For me this simply proves the stupidity of their business model. If they had bothered to invest heavily in the squad in the first place and bought world class talent rather than 'ones for the future' we'd actually have spent the last six years in the Champions league and therefore they would not only have recouped their investment but the club would be making a profit.

Intrigued to see the total expenditure for last season when the accounts get officially published.  Because I bet it will be above £350M.  Take away about £250M for wages and player amortisation and £100M has gone somewhere else. (Apart from manager compensation).

Maybe most of the Main Stand has been paid for up front?  Make the finances look clean going forward?
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #26: Mar 01, 2017 02:51:46 pm
      Looking forward to the amateur accountants coming out of the woodwork

Very true there are a few pro FSG reporters on here so will be interesting to see the "positives" they declare.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #27: Mar 01, 2017 02:52:09 pm
      Shocking lack of self awareness on the part of FSG - they love to blame the managers for lack of progression but it's primarily their appalling recruitment strategy and appalling incompetent scouts (e.g. Michael Edwards, Mike Gordon, Dave Fallows, Barry Hunter) who are to blame for largely assembling a squad full of spineless chumps these last few years.

Mark my words, we are hellishly going backwards under everyone at FSG.

Almost 7 years down the line and sweet f**k all to show for anything. I've backed them long enough but my patience has worn thin, it's time to go.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28: Mar 01, 2017 02:53:45 pm
      Its all smoke , mirrors and bollocks.

We need a world class team and only have a mid table team .
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #29: Mar 01, 2017 02:56:01 pm
      Intrigued to see the total expenditure for last season when the accounts get officially published.  Because I bet it will be above £350M.  Take away about £250M for wages and player amortisation and £100M has gone somewhere else. (Apart from manager compensation).

Maybe most of the Main Stand has been paid for up front?  Make the finances look clean going forward?

Would it be beyond the realms of possibility to believe that aspects of the accounting have been manicured to accommodate interests not specifically for the good of LFC?

An earlier post by one of our pro-FSG number did comment that the data was 'obscure', as a not very pro-FSG contributor I would certainly not be as charitable in describing the figures.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #30: Mar 01, 2017 03:03:50 pm
      Very true there are a few pro FSG reporters on here so will be interesting to see the "positives" they declare.

The same F***ing horseshit:

Businessmen do not use their own money to promote companies they own.

Apparently stating as much when taking control of a business makes the contradiction kosha.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #31: Mar 01, 2017 03:11:45 pm
      We still top of the financial league then!!

F**k winning trophies, just as long as we're top of that financial league.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #32: Mar 01, 2017 03:25:04 pm
      We still top of the financial league then!!

F**k winning trophies, just as long as we're top of that financial league.

Leaders as far as JWH&Co are concerned.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #33: Mar 01, 2017 03:33:47 pm

I'm not sure anyone can judge so quickly their statement when details of their accounts haven't been released yet?

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #34: Mar 01, 2017 03:35:21 pm

Wheres that Hollywood Ballshitter?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #35: Mar 01, 2017 03:47:41 pm
      I'm not sure anyone can judge so quickly their statement when details of their accounts haven't been released yet?

We've had six years of released details, for what they are worth and the club is still engulfed in mediocrity, you won't need details of that I hope.
      Irrespective we have a world-class manager, he cannot perform the budget miracles FSG expect from him.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36: Mar 01, 2017 03:50:12 pm
      From The Echo:

"Liverpool's debt continues to shrink

FSG do get a lot of stick. Some of it is warranted, some not so much.

And to give the owners the credit they are due, they have greatly reduced the club’s debt - from £237m to around £40m, in fact.

Andy Hughes said:

'Overall we have seen an 80 per cent reduction in our net external debt. The bank facility has been refinanced three times in that period. We now have a long term financing deal in place which gives us the necessary head room to operate the club in a balanced, appropriate and secure way.' "

Do you all agree that, in a vacuum, the debt reduction is a good thing for the club? When the previous owners ran the debt so high, did you criticize them for it, or was that OK?

I fully understand the most important thing is success on the park and that is what owners must ultimately be judged on (and that it hasn't happened yet). But are you rejecting this or just not convinced it is important?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #37: Mar 01, 2017 04:06:45 pm
      We've had six years of released details, for what they are worth and the club is still engulfed in mediocrity, you won't need details of that I hope.
      Irrespective we have a world-class manager, he cannot perform the budget miracles FSG expect from him.

I would like to see why we made a loss in 2016, so I will preserve my judgment for the time being.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #38: Mar 01, 2017 04:13:30 pm
      I would like to see why we made a loss in 2016, so I will preserve my judgment for the time being.

We won F**k all in 2016.

I fully understand the most important thing is success on the park and that is what owners must ultimately be judged on (and that it hasn't happened yet). But are you rejecting this or just not convinced it is important?

Not convinced this is not the same bollocks as FSG have fed us for 7 years.
      Even the appointment of a world-class manager cannot affect their disastrous ownership of this club.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39: Mar 01, 2017 04:24:53 pm
      We won f**k all in 2016.

Even the appointment of a world-class manager cannot affect their disastrous ownership of this club.

I guess that is where the expense details are helpful. I would say however, that with this report from FSG about what the club is now, there really is NO EXCUSE to not really, seriously dive into the player market this summer. Klopp clearly likes to teach his players in his system from the beginning of preseason - and after 1 1/2 seasons there are no questions left about really anybody in our squad. He knows exactly what he has now (and seems to me he is at the end of his rope with some of them) and he can (should already be working toward this) get the 4-6 first choice players he needs this summer, along with some additional squad players to prevent some major drop in quality when the fixture list gets crowded.

There is no reason this cannot be done this summer (and yes, I do believe the owners will spend when Klopp tells them who he wants).

If he doesn't, well there's no reason to expect anything to change. I like Woodburn, Ejaria and TAA as prospects, but they are not going to just walk in and revolutionize our team on their own. We need an infusion of top talent.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #40: Mar 01, 2017 04:25:12 pm
      We won f**k all in 2016.

Yes we haven't, but that's not my point.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #41: Mar 01, 2017 04:31:29 pm

I think disastrous is an over statement mate.

We haven't progressed much in their 7 years here so I would say average is a better way of describing it.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #42: Mar 01, 2017 04:57:53 pm
      Did the club pay the bill for Brendan's teeth ?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #43: Mar 01, 2017 05:00:40 pm

We haven't progressed much in their 7 years here so I would say average is a better way of describing it.

Average and Liverpool shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. We're being force fed mediocrity by FSG, and we're accepting it!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #44: Mar 01, 2017 05:09:23 pm
      Yes we haven't, but that's not my point.

That is the only point worth discussing.

I am not taking an accountant's view of our predicament Si, speaking as a supporter and one who believed JWH's words about 'making the club great again', the realities do provoke a harsh reaction.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #45: Mar 01, 2017 05:23:03 pm
      Who gives a f*** what our "debt" is? The owners have a business worth over a billion quid (probably significantly more than if it went on the market) which they paid 300 million quid for. F*** "debt".

Quick Reply