Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool record revenue but £19M loss for 2015-16

Read 21409 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Re: Liverpool record revenue but £19M loss for 2015-16
      Reply #46: Mar 01, 2017 05:34:54 pm
      Who gives a f*** what our "debt" is? The owners have a business worth over a billion quid (probably significantly more than if it went on the market) which they paid 300 million quid for. F*** "debt".

If FSG don't get their finger out this Summer mate the sh*t will hit the fan.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #47: Mar 01, 2017 05:42:12 pm
      Who gives a f*** what our "debt" is? The owners have a business worth over a billion quid (probably significantly more than if it went on the market) which they paid 300 million quid for. F*** "debt".

H&G like this  :gt-happyup:

Don't know why they won't just take some equity out & spend it on playing assets that will further enhance their franchise assets?..

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #48: Mar 01, 2017 05:47:47 pm

You can't just ignore that much debt.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #49: Mar 01, 2017 06:29:52 pm
      From The Echo:

"Liverpool's debt continues to shrink

FSG do get a lot of stick. Some of it is warranted, some not so much.

And to give the owners the credit they are due, they have greatly reduced the club’s debt - from £237m to around £40m, in fact.

Andy Hughes said:

'Overall we have seen an 80 per cent reduction in our net external debt. The bank facility has been refinanced three times in that period. We now have a long term financing deal in place which gives us the necessary head room to operate the club in a balanced, appropriate and secure way.' "

Do you all agree that, in a vacuum, the debt reduction is a good thing for the club? When the previous owners ran the debt so high, did you criticize them for it, or was that OK?

I fully understand the most important thing is success on the park and that is what owners must ultimately be judged on (and that it hasn't happened yet). But are you rejecting this or just not convinced it is important?

Who's Andy Hughes by the way?

How much would they make if they sold Liverpool tomorrow, a significantly lot more than £237 million, so those points from the Echo are kiss arse bullshit.

I Thought the cu*ts wiped off the debt when they bought us!!

Someone's bullshitting methinks.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #50: Mar 01, 2017 06:34:05 pm
      Looking forward to the amateur accountants coming out of the woodwork

No sh*t, i'm pretty happy if i can work out my tab at the bar!Let alone the F***ing costs of running a F***ing football club.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #51: Mar 01, 2017 06:40:55 pm
      Who's Andy Hughes by the way?

How much would they make if they sold Liverpool tomorrow, a significantly lot more than £237 million, so those points from the Echo are kiss arse bullshit.

I Thought the cu*ts wiped off the debt when they bought us!!

Someone's bullshitting methinks.

But you know carrying that kind of debt would drive down the sale price and thus their profit. Re the debt being paid when they bought the club, not sure what you are referring to.

Do you see FSG as being the same as the Glazers, borrowing against the club to finance the purchase?
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,172 posts | 524 
      Reply #52: Mar 01, 2017 06:47:18 pm
      Well I have been a big fan of FSG without saying on these boards for the crap it would receive, but enough is enough they surely have to break the bank this Summer and back Klopp to the hilt. Time for the bullshit to end. As Viv Nicholls said back in the 60's, spend spend spend. For the younger posters on here google Viv Nicholls.

The tide is turning for me on the owners, and I'm sure for a few other FSG backers as well.
      We will be left behind otherwise, doesn't matter how good Jürgen is, you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear.
      Rant over.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #53: Mar 01, 2017 06:49:19 pm
      But you know carrying that kind of debt would drive down the sale price and thus their profit. Re the debt being paid when they bought the club, not sure what you are referring to.

I think I remember that all the debt bar  £30 million worth of stadium debt was cleared on purchasing the club.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #54: Mar 01, 2017 07:31:17 pm
      So here's what Djibril Cisse had to say about Gerrard at half time in the Champions League......

“He was talking to us, trying to make us feel like we could give our best.

“I think he will be a great manager. It’s in his DNA. I don’t know if that’s what he wants to do, but he’s at the academy and it’s a great start for him and I see him as a manager.

“At half time, Rafa did a speech. He tried to boost and tried to put us back in the game. He was really optimistic. But what really changed the game was Stevie’s speech.

“He asked nicely to the staff to be alone with the players and he said that he is a Liverpool kid, always been his club, he didn’t want to see his club being like this, being humiliated and he said if we scored in the first 15 minutes we would win the game and he’s the guy who scored the first goal.

“He gave the best captain’s speech I ever heard in my career. He asked everyone to leave, including Rafa, he just asked to be with the players. That’s what gave us the power to go and win the game. You need to have some balls to do this.”

Fast forward 12 years from the rampaging Gerrard and we have Emre Can - an FSG transfer committee scouted and approved signing - marshalling the midfield.

Sums up the FSG ownership don't you think?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #55: Mar 01, 2017 07:38:02 pm
      So here's what Djibril Cisse had to say about Gerrard at half time in the Champions League......

“He was talking to us, trying to make us feel like we could give our best.

“I think he will be a great manager. It’s in his DNA. I don’t know if that’s what he wants to do, but he’s at the academy and it’s a great start for him and I see him as a manager.

“At half time, Rafa did a speech. He tried to boost and tried to put us back in the game. He was really optimistic. But what really changed the game was Stevie’s speech.

“He asked nicely to the staff to be alone with the players and he said that he is a Liverpool kid, always been his club, he didn’t want to see his club being like this, being humiliated and he said if we scored in the first 15 minutes we would win the game and he’s the guy who scored the first goal.

“He gave the best captain’s speech I ever heard in my career. He asked everyone to leave, including Rafa, he just asked to be with the players. That’s what gave us the power to go and win the game. You need to have some balls to do this.”

Fast forward 12 years from the rampaging Gerrard and we have Emre Can - an FSG transfer committee scouted and approved signing - marshalling the midfield.

Sums up the FSG ownership don't you think?

What's that have to do with this thread and the club's finances? I mean you post this same thing like 25 times a day but usually you  at least have the good sense to post it where it's seemingly appropriate in the owner's thread. Me thinks you doth protest too much....I think you actually like FSG and are trying to hide that fact by overcompensating. :lmao:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #56: Mar 01, 2017 09:23:45 pm
      And to give the owners the credit they are due, they have greatly reduced the club’s debt - from £237m to around £40m, in fact.

To be fair that line was from James Pearce at the Echo who I'd imagine most people would not describe as impartial when it comes to Liverpool's owners. 

If ever there was a tough question to ask the owners about 'credit due' for trophies, for instance, then James Pearce is not the person for that job.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #57: Mar 01, 2017 09:41:17 pm
      What's that have to do with this thread and the club's finances? I mean you post this same thing like 25 times a day but usually you  at least have the good sense to post it where it's seemingly appropriate in the owner's thread. Me thinks you doth protest too much....I think you actually like FSG and are trying to hide that fact by overcompensating. :lmao:

Used to back them, was patient enough, but I think 7 years of buying bargain bin sh*t is, quite frankly, enough. Unlike you who seems to support the owners more than the club itself.

It's amazing, you really can tell the hardcore support from the corporate puppets on here who constantly pander to every excuse and clusterfuck FSG have presided over.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #58: Mar 01, 2017 09:53:57 pm
      Used to back them, was patient enough, but I think 7 years of buying bargain bin sh*t is, quite frankly, enough. Unlike you who seems to support the owners more than the club itself.

It's amazing, you really can tell the hardcore support from the corporate puppets on here who constantly pander to every excuse and clusterfuck FSG have presided over.

You're an FSG stooge, stop trying to hide.

You can look at my posts and if you have a couple brain cells it's easy to see that I couldn't care less about the abuse the owners take, they will get what they deserve from the supporters of this club.

But your attempts to paint yourself as some sort of  anti-FSG hero with all of your posts just reeks of someone that's looking for attention. Keep it up, we know you love yourself some JWH :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #59: Mar 01, 2017 10:44:34 pm
      Liverpool launched new websites in Arabic, French and Spanish and its social media following climbed above 50m.

To be fair I know a lad that works for the IT department, it was his muck up that stuffed up the ticketing problems not too long ago. Anyway he said when we didn't make the CL that a whole raft of operations were stopped dead in their tracks, a section of the building they're in that was due to be taken over went on hold and a few staff were laid off so whatever these "added costs" he's trying to dream up by putting our websites through google translate is total bollocks here.

We've cut back everywhere, expanded only commercially and made a loss?

I have no idea how they're doing it but I've said for a long time that money is leaving this club through other means than they suggest. Sure we only spend what we generate as profit but the "outgoings" side of our accounting needs a serious looking over, whether there's an electric bill in there for £100m that's hiding it or whatever it is I'm convinced that while the numbers may 'add up', something doesn't add up.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #60: Mar 01, 2017 10:51:20 pm

Exactly mate, them paying the 'debt' off is actually paying themselves in the long term. Keep the £190m worth of debt thanks and give it to Jürgen, let the club manage the banking facility and interest payments which it would do incredibly comfortably.

No doubt someone will be along to tell me that we'll pay interest on that debt over x amount of years but that is our passage to catch up. If we want to make ground we can't be consolidating now it makes absolutely no sense to anyone other than those interested in only one thing £££££££££.

Can't stand these cu*ts.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #61: Mar 01, 2017 11:27:22 pm
      Reminds me of Nero,Starbucks etc... No profits :o  No corporation taxes due  :roll:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1630 
      Reply #62: Mar 01, 2017 11:50:05 pm
      To be fair I know a lad that works for the IT department, it was his muck up that stuffed up the ticketing problems not too long ago. Anyway he said when we didn't make the CL that a whole raft of operations were stopped dead in their tracks, a section of the building they're in that was due to be taken over went on hold and a few staff were laid off so whatever these "added costs" he's trying to dream up by putting our websites through google translate is total bollocks here.

I have no idea how they're doing it but I've said for a long time that money is leaving this club through other means than they suggest. Sure we only spend what we generate as profit but the "outgoings" side of our accounting needs a serious looking over, whether there's an electric bill in there for £100m that's hiding it or whatever it is I'm convinced that while the numbers may 'add up', something doesn't add up.

There's a certain fan on here who will call your post bollox me I think youre pretty close to the post , probably pouring over their figures now  and going to come out with a post saying were all fools and cant  smel a rat in a sewer .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #63: Mar 02, 2017 01:16:29 am
      We got £30M for losing the Europa League final last year and we got about £5M for winning the League Cup a few years back.

I know which I'd rather Liverpool did every year and I know what the owners would rather do every year.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #64: Mar 02, 2017 01:37:40 am

It is also quite telling that they were looking for investors. They seem desperate for the money - just recall the Everbright discussions (whatever happened to that?).

If they don't have the money to invest, then they don't have the capability to run the club. Simple as. They are determined to milk this club for as much as they can get, so no wonder they are holding on.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #65: Mar 02, 2017 11:17:43 am
      tw*t$
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #66: Mar 02, 2017 11:45:08 am
      The attraction of owning this club is not in its cash flows or how much revenue it produces every year. FSG didn't buy the club to take money out of it at the end of every calendar year.

For them, the value of this club keeps growing every year, so when they eventually do sell that is when they will make their profit.

Let's look at it from their point of view. They have an asset, that keeps growing every year, without any investment. The assets underlying performance has been mediocre, no real substantial investment in the playing squad, yet by improving the infrastructure of the club (using debt) and marketing to a global market the value of the club keeps growing.

When it stops or slows, then FSG sells.

But looking at it from their point of view, why would they invest in the playing squad? The club doesnt need to be winning the league to keep increasing in value. A 250m investment in the squad wouldn't even guarantee the league, but lets say it did, that 250m would not increase the value of the club by 500m or  1 billion, and that is the kind of multiples these guys deal with, not 20% or 30% but 200%, 300% or 500%.

In the owners we have they have shown us to be responsible, lowering debt and not leveraging the club to the hilt.

For real investment in the squad we would need a very wealthy fan owner (never going to happen) or just to be the subject of a super rich individual (sheikhs, oil tycoons etc) and nobody knows how that scenario ends yet. Man City's owners could walk out any day and leave a cash eating club destined for ruin.

I know which I would rather pick.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #67: Mar 02, 2017 12:02:44 pm
      The attraction of owning this club is not in its cash flows or how much revenue it produces every year. FSG didn't buy the club to take money out of it at the end of every calendar year.

For them, the value of this club keeps growing every year, so when they eventually do sell that is when they will make their profit.

Let's look at it from their point of view. They have an asset, that keeps growing every year, without any investment. The assets underlying performance has been mediocre, no real substantial investment in the playing squad, yet by improving the infrastructure of the club (using debt) and marketing to a global market the value of the club keeps growing.

When it stops or slows, then FSG sells.

But looking at it from their point of view, why would they invest in the playing squad? The club doesnt need to be winning the league to keep increasing in value. A 250m investment in the squad wouldn't even guarantee the league, but lets say it did, that 250m would not increase the value of the club by 500m or  1 billion, and that is the kind of multiples these guys deal with, not 20% or 30% but 200%, 300% or 500%.

In the owners we have they have shown us to be responsible, lowering debt and not leveraging the club to the hilt.

For real investment in the squad we would need a very wealthy fan owner (never going to happen) or just to be the subject of a super rich individual (sheikhs, oil tycoons etc) and nobody knows how that scenario ends yet. Man City's owners could walk out any day and leave a cash eating club destined for ruin.

I know which I would rather pick.

So you're happy with being average? Never met anyone that was happy with that notion...

biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #68: Mar 02, 2017 12:06:01 pm
      So you're happy with being average? Never met anyone that was happy with that notion...

Did I say that? I merely said I was happier having an owner like FSG than a rich Sheikh.

Quick Reply