Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Liverpool record revenue but £19M loss for 2015-16

Read 21382 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: Liverpool record revenue but £19M loss for 2015-16
      Reply #69: Mar 02, 2017 12:07:25 pm
      Did I say that? I merely said I was happier having an owner like FSG than a rich Sheikh.

It's EXACTLY what you said...

biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #70: Mar 02, 2017 12:20:32 pm

Show me where I said that? I will try use simpler language for you.

I would rather have a responsible owner who does not put the future of the club at risk than a financially irresponsible person who puts the future of the club at risk.

Maybe your confusion comes from you thinking that a responsible owner means average performance from the team and in your naivety you think a rich, irresponsible owner means success?

These are not mutually exclusive.

A responsible owner can also have success just a like a rich irresponsible can fail.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #71: Mar 02, 2017 12:29:42 pm
      Show me where I said that? I will try use simpler language for you.

I would rather have a responsible owner who does not put the future of the club at risk than a financially irresponsible person who puts the future of the club at risk.

Maybe your confusion comes from you thinking that a responsible owner means average performance from the team and in your naivety you think a rich, irresponsible owner means success?

These are not mutually exclusive.

A responsible owner can also have success just a like a rich irresponsible can fail.

Dress it up how you like. It's what you alluded to. The lack of any competitive edge lies squarely at the feet of the owners, with their lowball transfers and preferences for "potential" over proven quality. Just remind me how much has been spent on potential so far and what we have achieved?

Spent LOADS, achieved NOTHING! Whichever way you dress it up, that's the definition of bang average.

Take no risks, reap no rewards...

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #72: Mar 02, 2017 01:07:51 pm
      Did I say that? I merely said I was happier having an owner like FSG than a rich Sheikh.

Man City seems to be doing ok with their Sheikh.  :-\
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #73: Mar 02, 2017 02:08:51 pm
      Man City seems to be doing ok with their Sheikh.  :-\

Ya in the short term, but how do you think they will do when he gets bored or can't afford to bank roll them anymore?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #74: Mar 02, 2017 02:14:41 pm
      To be fair I know a lad that works for the IT department, it was his muck up that stuffed up the ticketing problems not too long ago. Anyway he said when we didn't make the CL that a whole raft of operations were stopped dead in their tracks, a section of the building they're in that was due to be taken over went on hold and a few staff were laid off so whatever these "added costs" he's trying to dream up by putting our websites through google translate is total bollocks here.

We've cut back everywhere, expanded only commercially and made a loss?

I have no idea how they're doing it but I've said for a long time that money is leaving this club through other means than they suggest. Sure we only spend what we generate as profit but the "outgoings" side of our accounting needs a serious looking over, whether there's an electric bill in there for £100m that's hiding it or whatever it is I'm convinced that while the numbers may 'add up', something doesn't add up.

Where have we "cut back"?

You understand this is for 2015/16, yes?
      Single biggest cost outside of player wages was paying off BR and hiring Klopp.

You lads are funny.
      Can't read a balance sheet or accounts, but something nefarious must be going on, but none of you can point to it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #75: Mar 02, 2017 02:18:37 pm
      Ya in the short term, but how do you think they will do when he gets bored or can't afford to bank roll them anymore?

What if neither of those things happen before they bag a few more titles?

What if games are fun!  ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #76: Mar 02, 2017 02:37:19 pm
      Where have we "cut back"?

You understand this is for 2015/16, yes?
      Single biggest cost outside of player wages was paying off BR and hiring Klopp.

You lads are funny.
      Can't read a balance sheet or accounts, but something nefarious must be going on, but none of you can point to it.

Yes I understand this is for 15/16 Swab.

As for reading a balance sheet or accounts I can read them perfectly fine and understand that it's very easy to hide costs in accounts and balance sheets without having to write ******this is where we take our money from ****** beside it.

How do I know exactly what each player's wage truly is, how do I know what we pay agents in terms of transfers, I'm not privvy to the exact information but I tell you what we pay an extraordinary amount of money to agents when we're not dealing with superstars. It's always looked a bit suspicious to me that when the agent bill is released and it's shown just what we pay that we're right at the top or close to every year. 

Even without that Swab I'm also convinced that we have never paid 0% interest on the loan from FSG. Even though that is exactly what is listed in the account because a loan can appear to have 0% interest but miraculously grow in size due to management fees, restructuring fees etc etc which don't need to be handled anywhere near our accounts because they can be handled by the originator of that loan and when we pay a fee to them that is then hidden in adminstration costs which again isn't broken down for us, there's just a nice header and footer for each section and in doing so the brush is swept and the rug is laid down.

To put it in the simplest terms though Swab imagine our income and outgoing as 2 kids on a see-saw, the incoming side has been gorging himself on mcdonalds, dunkin doughnuts, and getting bigger and bigger every single year to the point we're one of the 10 fattest children in the entire world and then on the outgoing side the poor lad is suffering from malnutrition yet in the middle we have the counter weight of FSG telling us that everything adds up and both receive equal. In other words there's a lying greedy b***ard on one side and just because I can't prove it my instincts tell me I'm right and I'm happy enough after 7 years to believe what I can see to be true rather than what I'm asked to believe.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #77: Mar 02, 2017 02:41:53 pm

As for reading a balance sheet or accounts I can read them perfectly fine and understand that it's very easy to hide costs in accounts and balance sheets without having to write ******this is where we take our money from ****** beside it.

How do I know exactly what each player's wage truly is, how do I know what we pay agents in terms of transfers, I'm not privvy to the exact information but I tell you what we pay an extraordinary amount of money to agents when we're not dealing with superstars. It's always looked a bit suspicious to me that when the agent bill is released and it's shown just what we pay that we're right at the top or close to every year. 

Even without that Swab I'm also convinced that we have never paid 0% interest on the loan from FSG. Even though that is exactly what is listed in the account because a loan can appear to have 0% interest but miraculously grow in size due to management fees, restructuring fees etc etc which don't need to be handled anywhere near our accounts because they can be handled by the originator of that loan and when we pay a fee to them that is then hidden in adminstration costs which again isn't broken down for us, there's just a nice header and footer for each section and in doing so the brush is swept and the rug is laid down.

To put it in the simplest terms though Swab imagine our income and outgoing as 2 kids on a see-saw, the incoming side has been gorging himself on mcdonalds, dunkin doughnuts, and getting bigger and bigger every single year to the point we're one of the 10 fattest children in the entire world and then on the outgoing side the poor lad is suffering from malnutrition yet in the middle we have the counter weight of FSG telling us that everything adds up and both receive equal. In other words there's a lying greedy b***ard on one side and just because I can't prove it my instincts tell me I'm right and I'm happy enough after 7 years to believe what I can see to be true rather than what I'm asked to believe.

If you think that, then you don't understand them, and that's all there is to it.

I'm not getting into this again, it's idiotic.
      The idea that a group of billionaires are will to risk jail to skim a few (for them) extra quid is beyond idiotic.

Have fun with your conspiracy theories fellas.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #78: Mar 02, 2017 02:46:05 pm
      If you think that, then you don't understand them, and that's all there is to it.

The idea that a group of billionaires are will to risk jail to skim a few (for them) extra quid is beyond idiotic.

Just ask Philip Green what he thinks he can and can't get away with...

Money talks. Have enough of it and you can practically do what you like. So don't be too quick to dismiss "conspiracy theories"...

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,183 posts | 832 
      Reply #79: Mar 02, 2017 02:47:21 pm

I'm not sure how you tied management fees and restructuring fees to a 0% interest loan. could you elaborate even more?

It's not easy to hide costs, it is definitely not, it's actually a nightmare to do so without the HMRC or any other auditing company knowing about it.

Before you judge, let's see what the detailed accounts tell us when it's made for the public before we assume things without reason.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #80: Mar 02, 2017 02:47:36 pm

That's where you have me wrong Swab I'm not saying they're risking jail, not even close. What they're doing is perfectly legal, doesn't mean it doesn't come with a cost that is easily hidden from our eyes. They can legitimately claim the loan is 0% when there are fees attached to it, either arrangement fees, exit fees, consultancy fees, every fee under the sun. I find it interesting that our debt has gone down from £250m or so this season to just £40m or so, wasn't that debt reduced on acquisition to around £40m to begin with. Where did it grow from?

So this is where you get my insinuation completely wrong, I don't think they're trying to cook the books to deceive anyone other than their customers.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #81: Mar 02, 2017 02:49:57 pm
      Just ask Philip Green what he thinks he can and can't get away with...

Money talks. Have enough of it and you can practically do what you like. So don't be too quick to dismiss "conspiracy theories"...

What the F**k has Green got to do with this?
      He tried to scam the company pension pot, legally I might add, and got caught straight away.
      It showed up immediately on the company accounts.

Now JH's tax affairs in Delaware might be something to behold, but as that doesn't interfere with the running of LFC I couldn't give a F**k.

Like I said, enjoy your conspiracy theories.
      If nothing else they give me a good laugh at the naivety of it all.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #82: Mar 02, 2017 02:52:12 pm
      That's where you have me wrong Swab I'm not saying they're risking jail, not even close. What they're doing is perfectly legal, doesn't mean it doesn't come with a cost that is easily hidden from our eyes. They can legitimately claim the loan is 0% when there are fees attached to it, either arrangement fees, exit fees, consultancy fees, every fee under the sun. I find it interesting that our debt has gone down from £250m or so this season to just £40m or so, wasn't that debt reduced on acquisition to around £40m to begin with. Where did it grow from?

So this is where you get my insinuation completely wrong, I don't think they're trying to cook the books to deceive anyone other than their customers.

They could claim whatever the F**k they like, the costs would still show on the books.
      It really is that simple.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #83: Mar 02, 2017 02:52:13 pm
      What the f**k has Green got to do with this?
      He tried to scam the company pension pot, legally I might add, and got caught straight away.
      It showed up immediately on the company accounts.

Now JH's tax affairs in Delaware might be something to behold, but as that doesn't interfere with the running of LFC I couldn't give a f**k.

Like I said, enjoy your conspiracy theories.
      If nothing else they give me a good laugh at the naivety of it all.

Sorry, I didn't realise you lacked the capacity to understand examples...
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,183 posts | 832 
      Reply #84: Mar 02, 2017 02:52:49 pm

These fees aren't tied to the loans, they are considered as operating expenses, a loan isn't. It's like you are saying that these fees go back to FSG, when it does not at all.

These expenses are standard for any football club and it has nothing to do with a 0% interest loan.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #85: Mar 02, 2017 02:54:03 pm
      I'm not sure how you tied management fees and restructuring fees to a 0% interest loan. could you elaborate even more?

Yes quite simple:

I loan you £100,000 at 0%

It has a 5% arrangement fee = £5000 doesn't affect the interest rate.

It has a 5% exit fee paid on settlement of the loan = £5000 doesn't affect the interest rate.

There's a consultancy fee with the lender for applying for the loan of 5% = £5000 doesn't affect the interest rate.

There's then an annual management fee of 5% = £5000 doesn't affect the interest rate.

Then there's a draw down feature that in case we want to borrow £1 more we have to pay 5% to access it = £5000 doesn't affect the interest rate.

All of these juicy fees can then be rolled up for the next year because the interest on them is calculated on the outstanding balance, so our original £100000 loan is actually incurring compound interest and that adds up incredibly quickly and before you know it you're paying back your loan plus 40% or more on a 0% loan. The easiest way to then hide this is to pay off a much larger portion of debt than the original loan then the inflated costs can be hidden under debt repayment and perhaps just suggest we were paying for the "cost of stadium development" which none of us truly know and in so doing the illusion of the 0% loan is complete and the profit is shown only on the parent company of that loan.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #86: Mar 02, 2017 02:54:45 pm
      Sorry, I didn't realise you lacked the capacity to understand examples...

I'm sorry your "example" was a bag of sh*te that made no sense.

F**k off and come back when you understand the subject matter, and stop embarrassing yourself.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #87: Mar 02, 2017 02:55:38 pm
      Yes quite simple:

I loan you £100,000 at 0%

It has a 5% arrangement fee = £5000 doesn't affect the interest rate.

It has a 5% exit fee paid on settlement of the loan = £5000 doesn't affect the interest rate.

There's a consultancy fee with the lender for applying for the loan of 5% = £5000 doesn't affect the interest rate.

There's then an annual management fee of 5% = £5000 doesn't affect the interest rate.

Then there's a draw down feature that in case we want to borrow £1 more we have to pay 5% to access it = £5000 doesn't affect the interest rate.

All of these juicy fees can then be rolled up for the next year because the interest on them is calculated on the outstanding balance, so our original £100000 loan is actually incurring compound interest and that adds up incredibly quickly and before you know it you're paying back your loan plus 40% or more on a 0% loan. The easiest way to then hide this is to pay off a much larger portion of debt than the original loan then the inflated costs can be hidden under debt repayment and perhaps just suggest we were paying for the "cost of stadium development" which none of us truly know and in so doing the illusion of the 0% loan is complete and the profit is shown only on the parent company of that loan.

And I'll tell you once more; all of that would be shown in the accounts.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #88: Mar 02, 2017 02:55:50 pm
      They could claim whatever the f**k they like, the costs would still show on the books.
      It really is that simple.

Only on termination of the loan.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #89: Mar 02, 2017 02:58:37 pm

No, not on termination of the loan at all.

A loan doesn't just sit there until it's done, everything has to be accounted for, every step of the way, and it doesn't matter how you try to dress it up.

Anyway, I said I wasn't going to bother with this fairytale nonsense again, so enjoy this latest fantasy (and that's what it is; a fantasy).
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #90: Mar 02, 2017 02:59:45 pm

No fella, that's the mirror you're looking at.

Typical of this place; someone doesn't agree with the latest bullshit and jump on the bandwagon and the sheep turn and throw abuse out.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #91: Mar 02, 2017 02:59:53 pm
      No, not on termination of the loan at all.

A loan doesn't just sit there until it's done, everything has to be accounted for, every step of the way, and it doesn't matter how you try to dress it up.

Anyway, I said I wasn't going to bother with this fairytale nonsense again, so enjoy this latest fantasy (and that's what it is; a fantasy).

a 0% interest loan does just sit there at 0% that's the point of it.

Quick Reply