Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Daniel Sturridge set to leave Liverpool in the Summer (rumours are breaking)

Read 20941 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 884 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge set to leave Liverpool in the Summer (rumours are breaking)
      Reply #230: Mar 04, 2017 11:37:11 am

Give it a rest you are starting to embarrass yourself now.

Sturridge injured - you are finding that hard to believe........really?

Your Victor Moses obsession was enough to stomach!

No, your Victor Moses obsession.

Sure enough, I see the quality in Sturridge and defend him against the mob of poor sighted Liverpool fans here, desperate to get rid of our next star player.

But seeing as how you think I'm obsessed with him, perhaps I'll be accused of being a Liverpool supporter....  :lmao:
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge set to leave Liverpool in the Summer (rumours are breaking)
      Reply #231: Mar 05, 2017 01:00:25 pm
      Sounds like one of those statements to cover up what is going on behind the scenes. Another Sakho that Klopp has thrown out of the team? - for reasons that we will never know..

Hope not, but it does sound odd that suddenly there is something else. Personally, I'm more inclined to believe he has just given up on sitting on the bench. Must be frustrating that.

Not as frustrating as hoping you best finisher can stay fit long enough to have an effect. Or that when he gets his chance he can, you know, try!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #232: Mar 05, 2017 01:08:33 pm
      Not as frustrating as hoping you best finisher can stay fit long enough to have an effect. Or that when he gets his chance he can, you know, try!

I'll tell you what I did see when Sturridge played, a centre foward having to come out to the middle of the field  to get the ball because his midfielders couldn't get the ball to him.
      Sturridge is a striker, if he gets fed he will score goals, if he had to come out to get the ball he won't be effective.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #233: Mar 05, 2017 01:16:38 pm
      Sounds like one of those statements to cover up what is going on behind the scenes. Another Sakho that Klopp has thrown out of the team? - for reasons that we will never know..

Hope not, but it does sound odd that suddenly there is something else. Personally, I'm more inclined to believe he has just given up on sitting on the bench. Must be frustrating that.

Are you seriously suggesting the injury is a smokescreen, there is absolutely no benefit to anyone to do such a thing, why can't anybody accept anything at face value anymore
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #234: Mar 05, 2017 03:13:24 pm
      The point is that he's always injured ,and when he is given a chance he doesn't take it.
      His legs look shot from the zip he had when partnering Suarez.
      He cannot do what Klopp wants him to do regaurding pressing to regain possession .
      He doesn't fit .
      MsGerrard
      Reply #235: Mar 06, 2017 04:21:00 pm
      We all know how good Daniel can be when he's fit and raring to go, but how often can we say that these days  :( such a good player when he's on form, but I'm afraid those days are gone now, just doesn't look the player he was, you can tell each time he plays he's terrified of getting injured, cut our losses and let him go in the Summer and get a striker in who doesn't need covering in cotton wool  >:(
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #236: Mar 06, 2017 04:28:47 pm
      No, your Victor Moses obsession.

Sure enough, I see the quality in Sturridge and defend him against the mob of poor sighted Liverpool fans here, desperate to get rid of our next star player.

But seeing as how you think I'm obsessed with him, perhaps I'll be accused of being a Liverpool supporter....  :lmao:

Poor sighted? I'm guessing it's poor sighted to sell a player on £120k+ a week who never contributes anything these days because he's always injured or doesn't do enough on the pitch when given a chance. How poor sighted of them :roll:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #237: Mar 06, 2017 05:37:31 pm
      So where is our world class finisher then? Where was he in January when we couldn't buy a goal ... oh that's right he's out again with a virus he's been carrying for 16 days.

Is it f**king bird flu? No matter how much style swagger or finesse there is in him we need to upgrade purely because he's never there when needed.

Driving his motors around the ' Pool   all funded by  our pockets.

He's taken the piss .... for years.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #238: Mar 06, 2017 07:26:57 pm
      Tired of it at this stage. All the arguements over whether he still has it, has he lost pace, can he still influence games etc... they're kinda moot, cause EVEN when fit, Jürgen was not picking him. And there is zero reason to expect that to change.

In fairness to Danny, he's never really come out and had a serious moan. Maybe because he really wouldn't have a leg-to-stand-on if he did (literally a lot of the time, and metaphorically) given he's been unavailable so much in recent seasons.

Looking back, why not sell him last summer? Or even in the Jan window (for a 'premium')? And bring someone else in - if they played a few of games, we'd be getting more from the new signing than we have from Danny (OK, he set up the goal at Woodison).
      Writing has been on the wall for him for a long while - he could conceivably not play for us again, depending on whether we have stuff to play for, tho probably get a sub app and a clap at some stage.

Unfortunately we should really have been/be thinking more about how we maximise his selling price.

Quick Reply