Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

PR Nightmares!

Read 7139 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Re: PR Nightmares!
      Reply #23: Mar 03, 2017 08:48:54 pm
      to be fair, we've lost FIVE TIMES. its not that bad.

But i see what youre saying ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #24: Mar 03, 2017 09:30:45 pm
      We don't always see eye to eye you and i, hold nothing against we just look at things a bit differently is all... But I always say that when you're right you're right...
      A excellent post, and really good read... from someone who clearly loves LFC and understand the damage being reeked on the club by FSG...Thank you
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #25: Mar 03, 2017 10:45:09 pm
      to be fair, we've lost FIVE TIMES. its not that bad.

But i see what youre saying ;D

This post is nothing to do with on the field matters more how the club engages with fans online something that is relevant when we win as when we lose. The defeat to Leicester merely shine more light on it and from my point of view it is entirely cynical and insulting.

The club's ploy to push the false modesty button in defeat at a time when they are presenting our players as something even the players themselves would rather not be presented as they have yet to achieve anything of note at this club. That the club treats our players as 'winners deserving of deification' is a massive problem and probably highlights the belief amongst FSG cynics that at the end of the day it doesn't matter if they have medals round their necks. All that matters is that they are marketed to seem like men with medals round their necks.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #26: Mar 03, 2017 10:50:17 pm
      As cringey as all this junk is, it won't make our football any better.

Don't lose focus of what really is important.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #28: Mar 03, 2017 11:34:16 pm
      I also truly dislike how we are apparently linked to every player under the sun.  and our crappy transfer strategy is for all to see...

take lorenze as an example.  top rated player. we are competing with other top 4 contenders for his signature

we offer him 45mil.   the exact same as the other top 4 teams.  the ones like arsenal that will get CL and play in london.  ffs

on and every f***in time we lose.  we get the 'stand up and be counted' pledge.  as far as i am concerned, after the horrible month of january, everyone should be on their tippy toes by now
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #30: Mar 04, 2017 02:45:15 am
      Seriously, if at this point you don't believe that as a Liverpool supporter you are getting treated like and spoken to like a dickhead by these owners then you are probably either:

A) An FSG apologist
      B) FSG
      C) A little bit thick

The only time I feel more in a spin is when I'm in that mad roundabout city that they call Milton Keynes.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31: Mar 04, 2017 03:17:12 am
      Seriously, if at this point you don't believe that as a Liverpool supporter you are getting treated like and spoken to like a dickhead by these owners then you are probably either:

A) An FSG apologist
      B) FSG
      C) A little bit thick

The only time I feel more in a spin is when I'm in that mad roundabout city that they call Milton Keynes.

Yeah true, but let's face it, this is just unadulterated deflection from what is turning into another sh*t season.

I have little time, nor inclination to even go near such clickbait - until it is usually broadcasted on here via twatter or mouthpieces of the club.

And though the two aren't mutually exclusive (FSG's methodology and our team's performances), the fact is, this thread wouldn't be alive if we were having a good season.

Depressing as F**k, this.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #32: Mar 04, 2017 04:52:06 am
      Yeah true, but let's face it, this is just unadulterated deflection from what is turning into another sh*t season.

I have little time, nor inclination to even go near such clickbait - until it is usually broadcasted on here via twatter or mouthpieces of the club.

And though the two aren't mutually exclusive (FSG's methodology and our team's performances), the fact is, this thread wouldn't be alive if we were having a good season.

Depressing as f**k, this.

Well of course this thread wouldn't be alive if we were having a good season - the article is centred around the fact that the club is chundering out this shoddy shameless celeb spun PR at a time when the supporters are hurt at the rotten form. Obviously.

It's crass, insensitive... completely out of touch. Fine, your armchair 'supporters' who care more about Coutinhos latest pair of trainers and don't know their Bill Shanklys from their Bob Paisleys are probably slurping all this sh*t up like Eamonn Holmes at a buffet, but for the rest of us hardcore fans, it's humiliating. At this moment in time, seeing the club big up failures with awful PR and try to distract us with a 'mega goals from Torres' compilation is like dancing on a corpse at a funeral.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #33: Mar 04, 2017 05:54:55 am
      Well of course this thread wouldn't be alive if we were having a good season - the article is centred around the fact that the club is chundering out this shoddy shameless celeb spun PR at a time when the supporters are hurt at the rotten form. Obviously.

It's crass, insensitive... completely out of touch. Fine, your armchair 'supporters' who care more about Coutinhos latest pair of trainers and don't know their Bill Shanklys from their Bob Paisleys are probably slurping all this sh*t up like Eamonn Holmes at a buffet, but for the rest of us hardcore fans, it's humiliating. At this moment in time, seeing the club big up failures with awful PR and try to distract us with a 'mega goals from Torres' compilation is like dancing on a corpse at a funeral.

Thank you for confirming my point.

You can worry about what the club are up to with regards to garnering support from the football tourist with their Torres compilations; let the "hardcore" support worry about what's happening on the pitch.

What we need are better owners who don't resemble the Tories in government with their lack of investment into the team. Everything else around them is just American guff. Subscribe to it, and feed off it at your peril.
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2017 06:16:31 am by Beerbelly »
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #34: Mar 04, 2017 07:41:50 am
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      The club's ploy to push the false modesty button in defeat at a time when they are presenting our players as something even the players themselves would rather not be presented as they have yet to achieve anything of note at this club. That the club treats our players as 'winners deserving of deification' is a massive problem and probably highlights the belief amongst FSG cynics that at the end of the day it doesn't matter if they have medals round their necks. All that matters is that they are marketed to seem like men with medals round their necks.

I don't know what the solution, if any, is tbh. Marketing is an essential part of any professional football club. Sometimes it goes ott, but most fans are able to see the difference between glossy, one sided, marketing off the field and the reality on the pitch.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #35: Mar 04, 2017 02:45:42 pm
      Slightly short sighted there.

It's not the last two months, it's the way the club's being run, progressively worse.

If you can't see that, look deeper.

How is the club being run by FSG, that they didn't tell us when they first started and John Henry did that interview long interview talking about his plans and our transfer policy? Or did everyone miss that?
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #36: Mar 04, 2017 03:59:56 pm
      How is the club being run by FSG, that they didn't tell us when they first started and John Henry did that interview long interview talking about his plans and our transfer policy? Or did everyone miss that?

I love how the FSG fans hold up the 'they always said they would do things this way', whilst conviniently forgetting the sh*te about 'competing with anyone in the world' and 'we're here to win' and 'returning the club to greatness' and 'returning LFC to the pinnicle'.

Those are just off the top of my head from what I remember. So tell me, did you miss all of that whilst you were busy licking their hoop?

Our balance sheet is great, brilliant. The squad is sh*te and we have become continual losers under them, which is something that I'm a little more interested in.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #37: Mar 04, 2017 04:04:56 pm
      Brilliant post and topic. Totally agree.

We need to answer less media questions so not to shoot our own foot.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #38: Mar 04, 2017 06:27:26 pm
      I love how the FSG fans hold up the 'they always said they would do things this way', whilst conviniently forgetting the sh*te about 'competing with anyone in the world' and 'we're here to win' and 'returning the club to greatness' and 'returning LFC to the pinnicle'.

Those are just off the top of my head from what I remember. So tell me, did you miss all of that whilst you were busy licking their hoop?

Our balance sheet is great, brilliant. The squad is sh*te and we have become continual losers under them, which is something that I'm a little more interested in.

I love how anyone that tries to use common sense is instantly labelled a 'FSG FAN'

I warned about FSG from the start. Its interesting because every time we play sh*t the fsg pitchforks come out, but when we play well everyone is in love with Klopp.

My point is klopp made some decisions that have nothing to do with FSG. He's alienated good players which has weakened our squad, that has nothing to do with FSG. He should be able to get better performances from our players against shitty teams, point blank. Thats not fsg's fault.

our squad could be a lot better, more balanced and i want FSG to invest more.

But our squad is not sh*te.
      Imbalanced yes
      sh*te? HELL NO

I don't buy that one bit.
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2017 07:39:34 pm by PastorGeek »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #39: Mar 14, 2017 05:04:13 pm
      Careful, you may make Mighty Red angry with this thread

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40: Mar 14, 2017 06:03:59 pm

Isn't that tpm Brendan Rodgers?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #41: Mar 14, 2017 06:07:56 pm

Did you see many people agreeing with it though? I certainly didn't. They told us the ffp rules would level the playing field, they were wrong, but they've suck fast to their policy despite if falling spectacularly.

They can tell us all they want about the money they are bringing in, but it's on the field where I want to see success.
      « Last Edit: Mar 14, 2017 07:55:04 pm by ORCHARD RED »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #42: Mar 14, 2017 06:15:39 pm

The teeth give it away don't they?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #43: Mar 15, 2017 01:17:44 am

He'll be even angrier when Anfield Arnie and Kopkat find him and fill him in!!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #44: Mar 15, 2017 06:55:01 am
      He'll be even angrier when Anfield Arnie and Kopkat find him and fill him in!!

I have no idea if these even exist but that did make me laugh 👏👏😄😄
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #45: Mar 15, 2017 12:42:04 pm
      I have no idea if these even exist but that did make me laugh 👏👏😄😄

Anfield Arnie was the club mascot from the 90s without the stupid Mighty Red outfit, Kop Kat was a mascot of the Liverpool Supporters Club in the 80s, think he was on the front of some commemorative album that was out about 84

Quick Reply