Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24572 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Mar 06, 2017 08:38:50 am
      Oh yeah, in regards to the Match...GET THE F**k IN.....sorry 1st chance I've had to get on the Forum for a few days.

As good as the lads were and how made up I am with the Win, can't get too excited as we play a "small" team next week and we all know how that can F***ing go.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #530: Mar 06, 2017 08:48:39 am
      Oh yeah, in regards to the Match...GET THE F**k IN.....sorry 1st chance I've had to get on the Forum for a few days.
      This ^^^

Well in Jürgen and the lads. Nice one.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #531: Mar 06, 2017 08:59:06 am
      Quote from Diego LFC
      I know a lot of people are afraid of what Liverpool might turn up against Burnley (and rightly so given our record), but let's not forget Burnley have only 2 points away from home. They're by far the worst visiting team in the league, and the only reason they're not in the bottom 3 is that they perform incredibly well at home - 5th in league in that respect, if I recall correctly. We should have no problems with them

Let's not forget that one of their two away points was was at the mancs. And let's not forget that Arsenal needed a lucky penalty to beat them in injury time, and they gave City lots of trouble away as well. Swansea also beat them in injury time at the weekend. So I'm ready for another long afternoon.

I wasn't worried about this game. Even though this was just our second win at home against them in 10 years, Arsenal won't park a bus, so we could play as we liked, and could pick them off any time we wanted, which we did. Mane probably couldn't believe his luck to have the freedom of Liverpool before scoring his goal. Credit also to Matip who blocked their effort, which looked goalbound on the replay, to set up the third on the counter. But we deserved at least 3, probably more, even though the goal difference relative to our rivals is healthy.

Next week is the test though, as everything is back to normal. We attack, they defend. It certainly promises to be every bit as frustrating as the reverse fixture. We're the only one of the top six to play next weekend, so a win is the only result that will do.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #532: Mar 06, 2017 10:24:40 am
      I think the way to beat the bus parkers is perhaps to sit deep, give them possession, and when they finally advance hit them on the break.

I remember this being discussed a few weeks back and I think the conclusion might have been, considering we were conceding from about 50% of the shots we were facing, that this would be counter-productive.

You don't need too many crosses into the box against Liverpool to score.

That threaded ball from Sanchez for their goal illustrates, to me, the kind of player we don't have.  That gets you past a defence.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #533: Mar 06, 2017 11:27:57 am
      I sat on the Kop for the first time on saturday, I must say the atmosphere coming from the main stand & Kop was brilliant. I sang a lot to the point I lost my voice ;D

game was good, first half we controlled the game really well and deserved to go up 2-0. We lost a bit of footing in the 2nd half when Sanchez was introduced, but after the 60th minute mark I thought we got this game under control. Lallana to me was MOTM, who was phenomenal. His pressing, passing and touch were excellent. He was all over the pitch.  second goes to Mane who I thought had a very good game and his pace caused Arsenal a lot of problems.

Glad we won, hopefully we keep a good run going till the end of the season. We only have Man City who will be tough, but other games looks winnable. Let's keep some consistency, because if we end up getting top 4 then I think we will have an easy summer to sign quality players.

Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #534: Mar 06, 2017 01:20:37 pm
      At last!!!!  2 central defenders in the team.

Must say Matip is starting to look a bit classy the way he dribbles the ball out of defence with confidence.  Last player to do this was Alan Hansen.

Good team performance all round, we must do the same against Burnley.

Well done lads
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #535: Mar 06, 2017 01:31:37 pm
      Well done brilliant win.

Need to follow it up with a win again this weekend, and the next and the next. U get me. ;D.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #536: Mar 06, 2017 02:21:58 pm
      I know a lot of people are afraid of what Liverpool might turn up against Burnley (and rightly so given our record), but let's not forget Burnley have only 2 points away from home. They're by far the worst visiting team in the league, and the only reason they're not in the bottom 3 is that they perform incredibly well at home - 5th in league in that respect, if I recall correctly. We should have no problems with them

Don't put the mockers on us FFS. We've had enough of these "guaranteed wins" to know they're anything other than that!

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #537: Mar 06, 2017 02:43:40 pm
      I sat on the Kop for the first time on saturday, I must say the atmosphere coming from the main stand & Kop was brilliant. I sang a lot to the point I lost my voice ;D

game was good, first half we controlled the game really well and deserved to go up 2-0. We lost a bit of footing in the 2nd half when Sanchez was introduced, but after the 60th minute mark I thought we got this game under control. Lallana to me was MOTM, who was phenomenal. His pressing, passing and touch were excellent. He was all over the pitch.  second goes to Mane who I thought had a very good game and his pace caused Arsenal a lot of problems.

Glad we won, hopefully we keep a good run going till the end of the season. We only have Man City who will be tough easy, but other games looks winnable tough. Let's keep some consistency, because if we end up getting top 4 then I think we will have an easy summer to sign quality players.

Corrected for you. ;)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #538: Mar 06, 2017 02:43:44 pm
      Guilty of the crime of being optimistic.

Give your head a wobble* if you support LFC and are afraid of Burnley at home. Go support Sunderland to see what real suffering is :D

*always wanted to use this expression :D have I done this correctly?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #539: Mar 06, 2017 02:48:26 pm

Give your head a wobble* if you support LFC and are afraid of Burnley at home. Go support Sunderland to see what real suffering is :D

Why would I support Sunderland? My family come from Liverpool.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #540: Mar 06, 2017 02:51:28 pm

Nothing to do with being afraid, but in case you hadn't noticed, we've been appalling against "lesser" teams. Haven't you realised that some manc somewhere 20 odd years ago put a curse on this club?

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #541: Mar 06, 2017 03:29:34 pm

Not telling you to actually support Sunderland, just mentioning what a true struggling club looks like. By the way people react sometimes, feels like we're fighting relegation or something. Burnley at home! Yes, I apologise for not taking part in the I-fear-small-clubs w*nk fest, but I'm optimistic.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #542: Mar 06, 2017 03:41:35 pm

Nothing to do with being afraid, but in case you hadn't noticed, we've been appalling against "lesser" teams. Haven't you realised that some manc somewhere 20 odd years ago put a curse on this club?

Then remember that quality us scousers are supposed to possess and lighten the F**k up!!

On the second point, like F**k it's got anything to do with the mancs and more to do with ourselves club and fans getting far too F***ing sentimental.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #543: Mar 06, 2017 03:44:51 pm

Hahaha yeah Diego close enough, same here by the way, always guilty of being optimistic, rather than being a misery arse!

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #544: Mar 06, 2017 03:50:06 pm
      Then remember that quality us scousers are supposed to possess and lighten the f**k up!!

I'll "lighten up" when the team and certain supporters stop taking games for granted. Of course there's nothing wrong with optimism and I completely advocate it, but going into a game with the wrong mentality does no-one any favours. Hence why we've already lost to Burnley, Hull, Swansea, Leicester and the other that escapes me currently, plus points dropped against Sunderland etc.

So forgive me if I seem overly cautious ...

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #545: Mar 06, 2017 03:51:49 pm
      Then remember that quality us scousers are supposed to possess and lighten the f**k up!!

On the second point, like f**k it's got anything to do with the mancs and more to do with ourselves club and fans getting far too f**king sentimental.

You know for a fact we haven't been cursed with JUJU?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #546: Mar 06, 2017 04:07:14 pm
      You know for a fact we haven't been cursed with JUJU?

You actually asking that question? hahahahaha!!  :lmao:

I don't believe in any of that voodoo/curses/juju bollocks.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #547: Mar 06, 2017 04:08:05 pm
      I'll "lighten up" when the team and certain supporters stop taking games for granted. Of course there's nothing wrong with optimism and I completely advocate it, but going into a game with the wrong mentality does no-one any favours. Hence why we've already lost to Burnley, Hull, Swansea, Leicester and the other that escapes me currently, plus points dropped against Sunderland etc.

So forgive me if I seem overly cautious ...

Lighten the F**k up lad and have a laugh. You're taking this footy lark way TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO serious kidda ;)
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #548: Mar 06, 2017 04:58:28 pm
      Lighten the f**k up lad and have a laugh. You're taking this footy lark way TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO serious kidda ;)

😎😅😜

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #549: Mar 06, 2017 08:09:59 pm
      If had not drop sh*t points against sh*t teams we be talking about winning league
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #550: Mar 06, 2017 08:12:53 pm
      If had not drop sh*t points against sh*t teams we be talking about winning league

and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #551: Mar 06, 2017 11:05:12 pm
      Can you make sure you take her for the match against against Burnley!

Just got her a ticket today thanks to our very own el batez, the legend!

Quick Reply