Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

If you had just one question to ask Jürgen Klopp, what would you ask?

Read 7252 times
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,040 posts | 336 
      If you had just one question to ask Jürgen Klopp, what would you ask?
      Mar 06, 2017 08:34:24 pm
      Haven't started many and I brick myself when I do, in case some muppet tells the world it's a sh*te thread (Some g*t will, now, for sure!).  I'm a sensitive soul!

Anyway, an easy one this - imagine you're a top journo and a genie called, I dunno, Gini (for the sake of argument) has granted you ONE question that Jürgen Klopp MUST answer completely and truthfully.

Just one.

What would you ask him? 

I've got about half a dozen I can think of, and I haven't decided yet.  Here's a few ideas:

What's happening with Sturridge?
      Who've you got your eye on for the summer transfer window?
      What will you change for Burnley?
      What do you really think about FSG??
      and, er...
      Can we have Suarez back, please?

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Re: If you had just one question to ask Jürgen Klopp, what would you ask?
      Reply #1: Mar 06, 2017 09:26:17 pm
      Have you come close to knocking any Liverpool players out?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2: Mar 06, 2017 09:39:42 pm
      If you hug the players all the time, does the hug become less special, and you have to go one better?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3: Mar 06, 2017 09:47:14 pm
      I'd ask him to get me Rodgers' number so I can ring him up and ask for some of that 13-15m he got when he was sacked. I'll just tell him i'm a dentist and worked on Firmino's teeth.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4: Mar 06, 2017 09:58:33 pm
      Do you get a boner when you hug lallana ?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #5: Mar 06, 2017 10:11:53 pm
      Interesting thread actually, nice one. I'd ask him if he intends to give us a "plan B" in the future, should we run out of ideas against bus parkers. 
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #6: Mar 06, 2017 10:54:28 pm
      How many more Manés and Matips are out there, and do you believe we can win the league and/or Champions League without signing a world class player?

Also, if Sakho wasn't a bit of a c*nt, would he still have a future here?
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,040 posts | 336 
      Reply #7: Mar 06, 2017 10:57:01 pm
      How many more Manés and Matips are out there, and do you believe we can win the league and/or Champions League without signing a world class player?

I think he'd answer yes to the second one, no doubt about it.  He'd probably say world class players are coached, not signed, by him.  Also, Leicester did it! 
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,040 posts | 336 
      Reply #8: Mar 06, 2017 11:00:12 pm
      Interesting thread actually, nice one. I'd ask him if he intends to give us a "plan B" in the future, should we run out of ideas against bus parkers.

Yep I'd like to know that too.  Can't believe he hasn't tried anything different yet against them.  Maybe v Burnley - hence one of my questions.  I'd like to see 3 at the back, 5 then 2.  Two strikers accommodated, 2 wing backs (dare I suggest Bertie for pace?).  Get around the back...
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,040 posts | 336 
      Reply #9: Mar 06, 2017 11:00:53 pm

Also, if Sakho wasn't a bit of a c*nt, would he still have a future here?

Yeah. I'd like to know what really happened behind the scenes.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,040 posts | 336 
      Reply #10: Mar 06, 2017 11:01:27 pm
      Have you come close to knocking any Liverpool players out?

I'd like to think he has!
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,766 posts | 570 
      Reply #11: Mar 07, 2017 10:55:56 am
      I would like to know when he will get around to giving us a team that can hang onto a lead, not give us heart attacks and stop conceding 50 goals a season.

If I only had one, it would be the 50 goals a season one.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #12: Mar 07, 2017 11:06:19 am
      Who are your first and second choice transfer targets for this summer?...

Then we can see just who we end up with... :f_whistle:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13: Mar 07, 2017 11:51:51 am
      I would ask him why he considers Lucas a CB and what that says about the future of young Gomez.

I'd also ask him about the lack of a plan B and his inflexibility in substitutions.

BTW regarding lack of plan B didn't he switch to 3 at the back for a bit against Leicester, perhaps he is experimenting a bit or it was just a desperation tactic. In my view 3 at the back with Moreno and TAA as wingbacks would go a long way into beating the sit deep teams, it would certainly give them something to think about.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #14: Mar 07, 2017 11:59:07 am
      I would ask him why he considers Lucas a CB and what that says about the future of young Gomez.

I'd also ask him about the lack of a plan B and his inflexibility in substitutions.

BTW regarding lack of plan B didn't he switch to 3 at the back for a bit against Leicester, perhaps he is experimenting a bit or it was just a desperation tactic. In my view 3 at the back with Moreno and TAA as wingbacks would go a long way into beating the sit deep teams, it would certainly give them something to think about.

An 18 year old and a useless one yeah teams would be terrified!

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #15: Mar 07, 2017 12:05:21 pm
      I would ask him if his summer targets are a definite without FSG whining about fees and wages, and will they be of the quality that would take us up another level, a level where we are able to compete with the Jones's,
      Be able to adjust the system so as to keep opposing managers guessing and not get stifled by bus parkers,
      And finally, would he consider a night out on the razz with yours truly and a few of us on here, he seems the type of bloke who'd do just that,

OK Jürgen, meet you in the Sandon one week after last day of the season, about 6pm for liveners?

YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #16: Mar 07, 2017 12:19:31 pm
      Have you got a spare ciggie Jürgen?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17: Mar 07, 2017 03:32:32 pm
      An 18 year old and a useless one yeah teams would be terrified!

I thought for a second you were referring to Gomez. I fully agree that Moreno is crap defensively but there is no doubt he is quicker than Milner and I think offers more going forwards. I would also suggest that TAA offers more going forwards than Clyne, so what you would then have is a very solid defensive unit of 3 CB's and real width and pace in TAA and Moreno so yes I think opposition teams might be a bit worried by that and in any case we have to try something as the current system of sideways passes demonstratively doesn't work.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #18: Mar 07, 2017 04:22:14 pm
      I thought for a second you were referring to Gomez. I fully agree that Moreno is crap defensively but there is no doubt he is quicker than Milner and I think offers more going forwards. I would also suggest that TAA offers more going forwards than Clyne, so what you would then have is a very solid defensive unit of 3 CB's and real width and pace in TAA and Moreno so yes I think opposition teams might be a bit worried by that and in any case we have to try something as the current system of sideways passes demonstratively doesn't work.

Absolutely agree Moreno is quicker than Milner although I reckon they both have the same output. Moreno's outlet is usually to smash the ball either out of the ground or across the penalty area and Miners is usually a lofted cross to a big hulking CB to clear.
      With the wing back role creating those overlaps or beating a man I have never seen Moreno manage to beat a man and I have already mentioned his ability to pick out a team mate.
      TAA not seen enough to suggest he is yet at that level also physically he is still a young boy.

In regard to our issues the way I see it is how do Arsenal and City beat the bottom feeders without changing their formation.
      Their higher skill levels enable them to play through the low block and here is our issue, our accuracy is often poor and this includes Coutinho, Firmino and occasionally Mane.
      We lose patience and end up with Coutinho smashing it over the bar rather than continued pressure on the opposition until the space appears after we have stretched the opposition left and right, if we do create the overlap for some reason its always a cross into the box rather than a cut back across the box from the byeline, which imo is more difficult to defend against.

Against the sh*t teams Firmino is probably the wrong striker as his ability to drop deep and regain the ball counts for nothing as the opposition defenders dont follow him out.

We need a proper striker in these situations who will keep the CB's occupied and stays in the box. I was hoping Origi would develop into that role, maybe going forward.

For the future what we need is a striker who feeds off the sh*t teams, if you look at all the top strikers they may not score many against their fellow Top teams but they absolutely relish playing the sh*te and thats how they have such high scoring rates.
      Sturridge used to be that striker.

At this stage of the season I cant see Jürgen changing our formation from something they have been working on all season.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #19: Mar 07, 2017 06:03:21 pm
      Who is you favourite "heavy metal" band; Steps?  :-\
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #20: Mar 07, 2017 07:05:40 pm
      Who is you favourite "heavy metal" band; Steps?  :-\

Status Quo ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #21: Mar 07, 2017 07:14:10 pm
      What do you REALLY think of our GK situation?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #22: Mar 07, 2017 08:01:04 pm
      What do you REALLY think of our GK situation?

Amidst all the smart arse responses this would be near the top of my list.

Quick Reply