Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The Run In - 2016-17

Read 86878 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: The Run In - 2016-17
      Reply #345: Apr 23, 2017 07:34:39 pm
      This team has been punching above its weight for the longest time now. Klopp has done great with the tools at his disposal, but we really are in need of an upgrade in the Summer.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,748 posts | 882 
      Reply #346: Apr 23, 2017 07:38:20 pm
      We've gifted them 4th place? Are you f**king kidding me you WUM? Look at their run-in fixtures you plastic fan. People like you boil my head. Constant negativity in the match thread, just f**king negativity after negativity.

Calm down lad.  :f_doh:

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #347: Apr 23, 2017 07:59:29 pm
      No shots on target the whole game if you don't count the free kick, .... inept
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,415 posts | 3408 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #348: Apr 23, 2017 08:43:46 pm
      No shots on target the whole game if you don't count the free kick, .... inept
      And palace scored with their only 2 serious attempts on goal
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #349: Apr 23, 2017 09:34:49 pm
      Win 3 of last 4 and we should be good. Might even only need 2 wins and a draw.

We are still well in this and really do control our own destiny still.
      Can't see us beating either West Ham or Southampton so we will have to get two wins against Watford and Middlesbrough Can see Utd failing to catch us and City surpassing us that is just the bitter truth
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2017 08:43:05 am by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #350: Apr 23, 2017 09:37:23 pm
      If it wasn't for mignolet we wouldn't have won at stoke or WBA and are not playing well. End of this season is going to be a slog can only hope those around us chuck some silly points away as well
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #351: Apr 23, 2017 09:37:38 pm
      We've gifted them 4th place? Are you f**king kidding me you WUM? Look at their run-in fixtures you plastic fan. People like you boil my head. Constant negativity in the match thread, just f**king negativity after negativity.

Are you joking? They haven't lost in 20 odd games, barely concede and are 3 points behind, with two games in hand. We've just handed them a MASSIVE incentive. Today was a massive test and we failed. Miserably!

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #352: Apr 23, 2017 09:40:16 pm
      We can make it without question, I think United will drop enough points to keep the door open but I have just lost confidence we'll be able to take maximum points from our last 4, which I now think we need.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #353: Apr 23, 2017 10:03:34 pm
      Read if we win last 4 we have 99.8% chance to qualify.

Problem for united is they now have to decide whether to prioritize Europa or league. And Pogba picked up a knock today.

Even if United would catch us which isn't likely then that means they've beaten City and we'd likely finish above them then.

Unless we have a massive collapse we should be good. And if we have a massive collapse we don't deserve it anyway.

We aren't doing too bad for as many injuries as we are dealing with.

If Lallana comes back we should be in a much better position as well.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #354: Apr 23, 2017 10:46:33 pm
      Read if we win last 4 we have 99.8% chance to qualify.

Problem for united is they now have to decide whether to prioritize Europa or league. And Pogba picked up a knock today.

Even if United would catch us which isn't likely then that means they've beaten City and we'd likely finish above them then.

Unless we have a massive collapse we should be good. And if we have a massive collapse we don't deserve it anyway.

We aren't doing too bad for as many injuries as we are dealing with.

If Lallana comes back we should be in a much better position as well.

Very welll said. 
       :clap: :clap: :clap:   :action-smiley-035:
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #355: Apr 24, 2017 12:02:10 am
      Negligence in the summer and January has left us hoping for results around us to fall our way, from where we were on December 31st thats a disgraceful situation to be in.

Suddenly looking at United's game vs City as a crucial, should United win we are in trouble.

Arsenal had been my worry and still thinking they have a run of wins in them.

Lots of attempts to explain away the situation with 'other sides will drop points' but problem is so do we!

Anyone who looks at Watfors & West Ham away, given our recent history at those grounds and bad away form and reckons you can be genuinely confident of more than 2-3 points must be high.

The only game I can honestly be confident in is Middlesbrough because they'll be down by then.

I can honestly see our heads going, failing to do even two points a game fron here.

Think we're basically looking at 5th place as one of United or Arsenal will have some stones and fight about them...

While we roll out the red carpet for the opposition to score and blame it on a weak bench which we didnt need to have if the club hadn't been so cheap last summer.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #356: Apr 24, 2017 08:19:59 am
      Still gutted

And Benteke scoring twice against us? Embarrassed

End of the day though, we lost because we do not have enough quality or quantity.

Lovren is an average defender
      Clyne is an average fullback (especially going forward)
      Lucas is an average midfielder
      Wijnaldum consistently goes missing
      Origi is an average striker
      Milner isn't a left back

But most of all, we lost because our bench had two 17 year-olds, an 18-year-old and a 19-year-old on it

Summer transfer window is going to be massive
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #357: Apr 24, 2017 08:57:54 am
      We certainly know how to shoot ourselves in the foot. From being comfortable in getting Top 4 we have now placed unnecessary pressure on ourselves.

Scary thing is we know these lot can't handle pressure.

Need other teams to do us a favour by beating Utd
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #358: Apr 24, 2017 11:25:06 am
      I think its actually just come a little earlier than expected, but we are still on course for top 4.
      Anybody supporting this great club must have known we wont ever do anything the easy way. Expect qualification for UCL to happen on the last day.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #359: Apr 24, 2017 12:24:36 pm
      The fact that all the teams we have to play will probably already be on their holidays by the time we play them might be our saving grace.

Yesterday has definitely dented my confidence but I still think we can do it. 4 wins will definitely do it IMO, 3 should still be OK when you look at the games United and Arsenal have left.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #360: Apr 24, 2017 12:34:47 pm
      I will accept anything, absolutely anything...but not us missing out on CL because of scum, please not that, anything but that...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #361: Apr 24, 2017 01:05:49 pm
      We certainly know how to shoot ourselves in the foot. From being comfortable in getting Top 4 we have now placed unnecessary pressure on ourselves.

Scary thing is we know these lot can't handle pressure.

Need other teams to do us a favour by beating Utd

The mancs do have a testing run in with Citeh, Arsenal and Spurs to play amongst others.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #362: Apr 24, 2017 01:08:09 pm
      The mancs do have a testing run in with Citeh, Arsenal and Spurs to play amongst others.

They will not beat Spurs and they very well may get beat by an Arsenal team that's throwing everything at somehow getting top 4. I actually think the best case would be for the Mancs to beat City, then draw or lose to Arsenal and lose to Spurs. That would likely leave us only needing what, 3 wins at most?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #363: Apr 24, 2017 01:16:45 pm
      They will not beat Spurs and they very well may get beat by an Arsenal team that's throwing everything at somehow getting top 4. I actually think the best case would be for the Mancs to beat City, then draw or lose to Arsenal and lose to Spurs. That would likely leave us only needing what, 3 wins at most?

Hopefully for once we will get the run of the ball and the scenario you describe falls into place.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #364: Apr 24, 2017 01:22:27 pm
      If we really do miss out, it will be down to Crystal "bogey" Palace again.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #365: Apr 24, 2017 01:26:48 pm
      Doing some figuring with the table.

If we win all 4 I don't think we fall out of 4th at all.

If we only win 3 (land on 75 points), and the following happened:

Arse beat LC, Soton, Stoke, Sunderland, Everton and draw United, total of 73 points

United beat City, Swansea, Soton, Palace and draw Arsenal, total of 76 points

City beat MD, Palace, LC, WB, Watford, total of 79 points

Spurs beat everyone, total of 89 points

Then we'd finish 5th.

3 wins and a draw would have us even with United in the above scenario which means goal difference becomes a factor (we are up 2 right now).

I don't think there's anyway that United beat Tottenham. Also, they have Europa League to worry about  and they are without Zlatan and maybe Pogba. Do they prioritize the league now, or do they stick with Europa as their way in and forget about the league for the most part?

I think I've been awful accommodating of city in the above scenario as well, having them only lose to United and pick up all available points otherwise. If they beat United, that puts them above us by more, but also knocks United's tally down by 3 which puts us  back ahead of them even with a loss.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #366: Apr 24, 2017 02:38:20 pm
      All the "couldas" and "shouldas" until yer brain hurts .

It shouldn't even be coming to this.  FFS.

We're just stumbling over ourselves month after month .

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #367: Apr 24, 2017 04:20:10 pm
      Some nervous posters on this thread.  ;D were certainly making you guys/girls think if nothing else.  :D

Quick Reply