Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The Run In - 2016-17

Read 86869 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Re: The Run In - 2016-17
      Reply #368: Apr 24, 2017 04:22:59 pm
      Some nervous posters on this thread.  ;D were certainly making you guys/girls think if nothing else.  :D

I'm not nervous, some may be. I think I was being VERY gracious to your boys giving them the points tally I did. If they get all those and we only win 3, then congratulations. But you still play boring, ugly football and have a knob as a manager.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #369: Apr 24, 2017 04:28:56 pm
      Some nervous posters on this thread.  ;D were certainly making you guys/girls think if nothing else.  :D

Yes well I just noticed that you guys have to play Crystal Palace as well, they are the form team at the moment along with yourselves and Spurs. I just hope they don't take the foot off the gas now that they are safe but sods law says that they play their B-team against you guys just to feck us up even more.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #370: Apr 24, 2017 04:30:12 pm
      Yes well I just noticed that you guys have to play Crystal Palace as well, they are the form team at the moment along with yourselves and Spurs. I just hope they don't take the foot off the gas now that they are safe but sods law says that they play their B-team against you guys just to feck us up even more.

Sods law says Sakho will give away a penalty.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #371: Apr 24, 2017 04:30:52 pm
      I'm not nervous, some may be. I think I was being VERY gracious to your boys giving them the points tally I did. If they get all those and we only win 3, then congratulations. But you still play boring, ugly football and have a knob as a manager.

I'm not nervous either, FFS we lost a game where we had zero luck against a very good Crystal Palace team who scored on their only 2 attempts, its not like we got our arses kicked and we played like we did in January.

Its very important we bounce back against Watford though, lose that one and I'll start to get nervous.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #372: Apr 24, 2017 04:49:28 pm
      Sods law says Sakho will give away a penalty.

Then go do the secret handshake with Mourinho.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #373: Apr 24, 2017 05:59:47 pm
      Not as much as we are making you think
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #374: Apr 24, 2017 06:14:49 pm
      Not as much as we are making you think

Just me who saw that story in the Sunday Mirror about their players driving through a red light by their training ground and been praying for them to have a pile-up?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #375: Apr 24, 2017 06:20:04 pm
      Real gutted about that result. Cannot believe we fu**ed it up against that fat b***ard!

I think we need to win all our games now due to the inevitability of other teams bending over for the Mancs and refs caving in to the pressure.

Will be a big disappointment if we don't finish ahead of that bunch of wankers.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #376: Apr 24, 2017 06:23:06 pm
      Still gutted

And Benteke scoring twice against us? Embarrassed

End of the day though, we lost because we do not have enough quality or quantity.

Lovren is an average defender
      Clyne is an average fullback (especially going forward)
      Lucas is an average midfielder
      Wijnaldum consistently goes missing
      Origi is an average striker
      Milner isn't a left back

But most of all, we lost because our bench had two 17 year-olds, an 18-year-old and a 19-year-old on it

Summer transfer window is going to be massive

Massive window?

Only if CL spot is achieved, otherwise forget those priority signings...

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #377: Apr 24, 2017 06:24:56 pm
      I'm not nervous either, FFS we lost a game where we had zero luck against a very good Crystal Palace team who scored on their only 2 attempts, its not like we got our arses kicked and we played like we did in January.

Its very important we bounce back against Watford though, lose that one and I'll start to get nervous.

Zero luck? Are you joking? We were sh*te and you know it. As for luck, well you make your own...

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #378: Apr 24, 2017 06:29:17 pm
      If we really do miss out, it will be down to Crystal "bogey" Palace again.

So not Burnley, or Swansea, or Leicester or Hull, or draws with Bournemouth, West Ham etc..?

We're too inconsistent still, after how many years of the same defensive woes?

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #379: Apr 24, 2017 06:30:05 pm

... and you can be quiet Keith.

Speak when you're spoken to .

;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #380: Apr 24, 2017 06:32:21 pm
      So not Burnley, or Swansea, or Leicester or Hull, or draws with Bournemouth, West Ham etc..?

We're too inconsistent still, after how many years of the same defensive woes?

Or going ahead at Bournemouth and collapsing down there and getting beat 4-3

We're far too inconsistent and the way we try to defend set-pieces is starting to get embarrassing.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #381: Apr 24, 2017 06:39:47 pm
      Or going ahead at Bournemouth and collapsing down there and getting beat 4-3

We're far too inconsistent and the way we try to defend set-pieces is starting to get embarrassing.

Our defending has been embarrassing for years now. To think in the past we had the likes of Hansen, Lawro, Nichol, et al, to what we have now is just a joke.

Defending is an art. Solid at the back, you don't lose. It's not rocket science and the best teams always has this quality.

To think we've had those greats mentioned before, then followed up with the likes of Konchesky, Klavan, even Skrtel to a lesser extent should actually be illegal.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #382: Apr 24, 2017 06:55:23 pm
      Looking at our losses and draws, I think these games we should have won or drawn.

Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool (Win)
      Sunderland 2-2 Liverpool (Win)
      Liverpool 2-3 Swansea (Draw)
      Liverpool 2-2 Bournemouth (Win)
      Liverpool 1-2 Crystal Palace (Win)

That's 11 points lost which puts us on 77 points. How depressing! :(
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #383: Apr 24, 2017 07:13:10 pm
      Looking at our losses and draws, I think these games we should have won or drawn.

Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool (Win)
      Sunderland 2-2 Liverpool (Win)
      Liverpool 2-3 Swansea (Draw)
      Liverpool 2-2 Bournemouth (Win)
      Liverpool 1-2 Crystal Palace (Win)

That's 11 points lost which puts us on 77 points. How depressing! :(

Forgot Man Utd away. Should have won that...

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #384: Apr 24, 2017 08:21:33 pm

Nothing wrong with being gracious FL.  :clap: All too often we see the bad side of fans. I enjoy the rivalry and  banter that goes with it though.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #385: Apr 24, 2017 08:27:17 pm

I can't see it getting to the Palace game mate. Think it will be over by then unless you really do blow up. Squeaky bum time if it does.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #386: Apr 24, 2017 08:33:05 pm
      ... and you can be quiet Keith.

Speak when you're spoken to .

;D

Opps, sorry Miro  :D Will only speak next time im spoken too  :lmao: On a serious note it makes it a very exciting end to the season no matter who we support.  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #387: Apr 25, 2017 04:50:21 am
      Our defending has been embarrassing for years now. To think in the past we had the likes of Hansen, Lawro, Nichol, et al, to what we have now is just a joke.

Defending is an art. Solid at the back, you don't lose. It's not rocket science and the best teams always has this quality.

To think we've had those greats mentioned before, then followed up with the likes of Konchesky, Klavan, even Skrtel to a lesser extent should actually be illegal.

Mascherano  on his own was worth 10 times the last three mentioned.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #388: Apr 25, 2017 07:04:15 am

You are correct mate as of we've been sh*te defensively, but for me its the type of defence used that's the problem..... Zonal marking.... It just doesn't work not for me it doesn't and it's certainly not working for us..I think I'm right in saying only Watford & Hull have conceded more than us this season. .

In zonal marking players defend an area, if the ball by-passes that area/zone the player defending leaves responsibility to another defender in his area/zone, it also means defences are more static giving attacking players a advantage when running /jumping up to win the ball.   

I don't know why but Jürgen seems to prefer this method other than man to man marking, in man to man you have a better chance to defend your area or at the very least hamper /thwart attempts on goal...... and it's why in our past we had the best defences for years which included your...Ron Yates, Tommy Smith's, Phil Thompson, Alan Hansen etc etc etc
      I honestly can't understand why, when a system that obviously doesn't work isn't changed, and in all honesty if we are to progress especially in Europe it Fookin needs to??

YNWA
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #389: Apr 25, 2017 07:30:15 am
      You are correct mate as of we've been sh*te defensively, but for me its the type of defence used that's the problem..... Zonal marking.... It just doesn't work not for me it doesn't and it's certainly not working for us..I think I'm right in saying only Watford & Hull have conceded more than us this season. .

In zonal marking players defend an area, if the ball by-passes that area/zone the player defending leaves responsibility to another defender in his area/zone, it also means defences are more static giving attacking players a advantage when running /jumping up to win the ball.   

I don't know why but Jürgen seems to prefer this method other than man to man marking, in man to man you have a better chance to defend your area or at the very least hamper /thwart attempts on goal...... and it's why in our past we had the best defences for years which included your...Ron Yates, Tommy Smith's, Phil Thompson, Alan Hansen etc etc etc
      I honestly can't understand why, when a system that obviously doesn't work isn't changed, and in all honesty if we are to progress especially in Europe it Fookin needs to??

YNWA

Rafa used zonal. We were not too bad then...

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #390: Apr 25, 2017 08:50:21 am

No way is it your misfiring crew mate, our destiny is being juggled (precariously) in our own hands.

Quick Reply