Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

The Run In - 2016-17

Read 86765 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,232 posts | 6359 
      Re: The Run In - 2016-17
      Reply #437: Apr 27, 2017 03:12:17 pm
      Looking at the table I just realised Utd, City, and Arsenal can overtake us if they win their games in hand, with only Arsenal having to make sure their GD is superior to ours, and they only need five goals in two games. That's possible, though it won't be easy, but the real trouble is the other two teams.

We might just have royally screwed ourseleves. Again.

Now go back and look at who they have to play.  No way United is going to be able to beat all of the clubs they have left.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #438: Apr 27, 2017 04:15:35 pm
      Looking for city to smash the dirty mancs tonight.

But really if we win our last 4 games, we should still make top 4.

Easier said than done though.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #439: Apr 27, 2017 07:37:02 pm
        No way United is going to be able to beat all of the clubs they have left.
      Tottaly agree on paper!! However, if we do pull off the impossible  then fully deserve our place in CL next year.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #440: Apr 27, 2017 09:43:19 pm
      Don't understand why some have thrown in the towel 4 games to gonits still in our hands.

Wouldn't want to be left in a trench fighting with some of you lot.

It's not in our hands at all. If mancs draw tonight, they can both pass us with their games in hand, and so can Arsenal if they score 5 without reply in their 2 games in hand. We looking good for 6th from what we have control over, and we couldn't really be trusted to win all 4 remaining games can we ?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #441: Apr 27, 2017 09:46:06 pm
      Huge game this evening, if Utd win then it will start to become uncomfortable, if they lose then we are back in control. I'm really not worried about Arsenal though, they can't be lucky forever plus they still have to play Utd, so one or both of them will drop points in that game.
      We just have to focus on beating Watford and then see where we stand, if we lose that one then its starts to get a bit tricky but I really fancy us to bounce back, especially with Adam back in the team. We didn't play that bad against Palace, at no point did they really dominate us like they at times did Spurs last night.

Difference is, control or no control, Spurs got 3 points. We got F**k all.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,244 posts | 1652 
      Reply #442: Apr 27, 2017 09:58:39 pm
      Underwhelmed by that result not sure why really hoped City would win. So by when we play next Likely to be out of Top 4 pressure cranking up now need some leaders to stand up and be counted
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #443: Apr 27, 2017 09:58:41 pm
      I think Utd will draw to either Spurs or Arsenal (hopefully vs Arsenal) and Arsenal draw or lose to Spurs which leaves City, I suspect they will lose or draw one of their remaining games and would give us an opportunity to finish 3rd if we win all our games!!!
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #444: Apr 27, 2017 10:02:59 pm
      If this is between us and Man Utd..

16 Apr   Premier League   Chelsea Draw 1 pt      
      23 Apr   Premier League   Burnley Win 3 pts      
      27 Apr   Premier League   Manchester City Draw 1 pt      
      30 Apr   Premier League   Swansea City Win 3 pts      

07 May   Premier League   Arsenal Win 3 pts
      13 May   Premier League   Tottenham Hotspur Draw 1 pt      
      21 May   Premier League   Crystal Palace Win 3 pts      
      TBC           Premier League   Southampton Win 3 pts   

3 games gone, and they've picked up 7 instead of the 5 I predicted. That said, I did expect one win against the big sides and went for Arsenal. If the other big teams can get the results against them, then all will be good.

We are still fairly safe, so long as we make no more mess ups.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #445: Apr 27, 2017 10:19:48 pm
      3 games gone, and they've picked up 7 instead of the 5 I predicted. That said, I did expect one win against the big sides and went for Arsenal. If the other big teams can get the results against them, then all will be good.

We are still fairly safe, so long as we make no more mess ups.

Still in best position but I can't see you winning your remaining games. Nor can I see United, City & Arsenal so hold on to your seat as its defo squeaky bum time  ;D
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #446: Apr 27, 2017 10:20:23 pm
      We will finish in the top 4
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #447: Apr 27, 2017 10:33:38 pm
      A 'lucky' point for United, not what we needed after the pathetic loss to Palace.

Still, can't reasonably see United getting 6 points from both Arsenal and Spurs away. But if they get 4 points I'd be terrified.

But it comes down to how they do in those games and if they drop silly points around the Europa League.

I was looking at Arsenal before but it's really United who will be the big threat.

Honestly speaking that Palace loss is an abysmal result and has opened the door. We need to get minimum of 10 points but only safe way is just get 12.

Thing is you cannot rely on this pack of players to do that.

This is has been made so much closer than it needed to be.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #448: Apr 27, 2017 10:37:45 pm
      Still in best position but I can't see you winning your remaining games. Nor can I see United, City & Arsenal so hold on to your seat as its defo squeaky bum time  ;D

Yeah it's going to be very close and hard to see it not coming down to the final game whichever way it goes.

Bookies have it:

1/8 City
      4/9 Liverpool
      2/1 United
      4/1 Arsenal

Think Arsenal are far too short there, they wont fight their way back in.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #449: Apr 27, 2017 10:39:27 pm
      A 'lucky' point for United, not what we needed after the pathetic loss to Palace.

Still, can't reasonably see United getting 6 points from both Arsenal and Spurs away. But if they get 4 points I'd be terrified.

But it comes down to how they do in those games and if they drop silly points around the Europa League.

I was looking at Arsenal before but it's really United who will be the big threat.

Honestly speaking that Palace loss is an abysmal result and has opened the door. We need to get minimum of 10 points but only safe way is just get 12.

Agreed, without the Palace result Mourinho can't go there tonight playing for a draw, he'd know it wouldn't be good enough. We've opened the door a little but need to slam it shut with 4 wins on the spin to see out the campaign.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #450: Apr 27, 2017 10:40:23 pm
      I would have been worried about Utd if they didn't have those Thursday fixtures and plus they are running out of players.

5 games in 14 days!

30th Apr - Swansea
      4th May - Celta
      7th May - Arsenal
      11th May - Celta
      14th May - Spurs

Arsenal and Spurs away following what are likely to be tough EL games.

If Utd get Top 4 they will have deserved it!
      « Last Edit: Apr 27, 2017 10:50:38 pm by HScRed1 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #451: Apr 27, 2017 10:49:00 pm
      Fellaini now out for the season, that will really hurt them with the style Maureen is playing. I honestly think that 3 wins will see us get top 4.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #452: Apr 27, 2017 10:50:07 pm

Lucky point?? Can't see any part of the game that you could justifiably say City deserved it. Uniteds defending is as good as any in the league at present. That's 24 games unbeaten and rarely concede more that one goal in a match these days.. Frightening prospects next year if we buy in the summer window.

Re Liverpool, as yet you haven't got the tools/squad so you can only  hope also to have a successful summer transfer window.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #453: Apr 27, 2017 10:52:51 pm
      Agreed, without the Palace result Mourinho can't go there tonight playing for a draw, he'd know it wouldn't be good enough. We've opened the door a little but need to slam it shut with 4 wins on the spin to see out the campaign.

We've won 4 on the trot twice this season, but we were a different team back then (Games 4-7, 16-19) but the problem is this side has shown it lacks both the ability and mentality to cope since January.

12 from 12 and we'll be fine but it's not going to happen. Palace was the F**k up we could barely afford, cannot drop any more than another 2 points and even then it's down to the games catch up on United.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #454: Apr 27, 2017 10:53:09 pm
      Fellaini now out for the season, that will really hurt them with the style Maureen is playing. I honestly think that 3 wins will see us get top 4.

I'm not complaining, the cu*ts a liability so good riddance
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #455: Apr 27, 2017 10:53:42 pm
      Lucky point?? Can't see any part of the game that you could justifiably say City deserved it. Uniteds defending is as good as any in the league at present. That's 24 games unbeaten and rarely concede more that one goal in a match these days.. Frightening prospects next year if we buy in the summer window.

Re Liverpool, as yet you haven't got the tools/squad so you can only  hope also to have a successful summer transfer window.

You do realise to win you need to attack which means having players cross the half way line!
      You spent more money than anybody else this season even £90M on one player but yet you need to spend more - listen to yourself  :lmao:

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #456: Apr 27, 2017 10:54:43 pm
      Points shared tonight between Scum and Citeh.

Best we could ask for .
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #457: Apr 27, 2017 10:58:00 pm
      Uniteds defending is as good as any in the league at present. That's 24 games unbeaten and rarely concede more that one goal in a match these days.. Frightening prospects next year if we buy in the summer window.

See this is where I disagree Keith, Chelsea are far better defenders, they just use less players. Spurs imo are the best defensive side when you judge their 5 (usual defensive formation) against the rest but the fact that you've still conceded more than them employing Mourinho tactics to me shows you're miles away from challenging for the league.

To do so you'll have to come out of your defensive huddle and take the game to some and in doing so your 'solid' defending will be exposed for what it really is and that's just a numbers game with simple organisation.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #458: Apr 27, 2017 11:09:03 pm
      You do realise to win you need to attack which means having players cross the half way line!
      You spent more money than anybody else this season even £90M on one player but yet you need to spend more - listen to yourself  :lmao:

Not alway possible given the circumstances mate. How many times have we all said as fans the result is sometimes  more important than the performance?? It's that time of year where points make prizes.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #459: Apr 27, 2017 11:13:43 pm
      Not alway possible given the circumstances mate. How many times have we all said as fans the result is sometimes  more important than the performance?? It's that time of year where points make prizes.

And you wonder why you have drawn so many games!

Not surprised ex players like Keane are ripping into Shitcoat when you see the turgid football he puts on display against the Top teams to get a draw.
      Not the Utd way mate  ;)

Quick Reply