Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Liverpool Paying More Wages than Man City

Read 3320 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Liverpool Paying More Wages than Man City
      Mar 08, 2017 08:27:52 am
      Interesting article on how Liverpool are outspending Man City in wages paid, by £10m

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fsg-wages-klopp-league-12707043

Read the comments below as some are quite interesting.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Re: Liverpool Paying More Wages than Man City
      Reply #1: Mar 08, 2017 08:35:28 am
      Interesting article on how Liverpool are outspending Man City in wages paid, by £10m

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fsg-wages-klopp-league-12707043

Read the comments below as some are quite interesting.

Who is interested in how much the tea ladies get paid!
      City's wage bill for the players is considerably larger than ours that's the bottom line.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2: Mar 08, 2017 08:40:41 am
      Who is interested in how much the tea ladies get paid!
      City's wage bill for the players is considerably larger than ours that's the bottom line.

Correct. That's the point some of the comments were making too

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #3: Mar 08, 2017 08:46:16 am
      Tell you what... Its pretty clear John W must have been feeling the critiscm to have launched such a big spin and 'charm' offensive. Talk about massaging figures and twisting the truth... shame on them.

We pay our players more than City pay theirs: do we F**k. Our spin doctors, journos (obviously), admin and PR depts, maybe... but our players? F**k right off. 😃
      « Last Edit: Mar 08, 2017 09:00:05 am by bad boy bubby »
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,164 posts | 829 
      Reply #4: Mar 08, 2017 08:54:28 am
      I'm not sure why people make a big fuss out of this? It's an opinion column written by Kristian Walsh, who is a good Liverpool supporter but sometimes wrong.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #5: Mar 08, 2017 09:04:39 am
      I'm not sure why people make a big fuss out of this? It's an opinion column written by Kristian Walsh, who is a good Liverpool supporter but sometimes wrong.

Because fucktards believe this sh*te and that's exactly what FSG and their apologists clearly want. 😉

Meanwhile... us real fans want our team to be great again. It's simple really. 😎
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6: Mar 08, 2017 11:40:53 am
      Aye, that'll be like the "real fan" spraying graffiti at Melwood saying "Klopp Out".

I'm sure that fuckwit would describe himself as a "real fan" as well.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #7: Mar 08, 2017 11:44:55 am
      So the just of this is that we have an army of backroom, admin staff etc that means were spending more in total in wages than City.

But the important part ie players were still not paying as much.

Has anyone an answer as to why we need so many people working in the background at club?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #8: Mar 08, 2017 11:49:35 am
      So the just of this is that we have an army of backroom, admin staff etc that means were spending more in total in wages than City.

But the important part ie players were still not paying as much.

Has anyone an answer as to why we need so many people working in the background at club?

Kind of.
      Still looking at it.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #9: Mar 08, 2017 12:45:33 pm
      In the last year Moores (2006/7) was in charge the club made £134 million and we spent more money on players wages than anyone else £77 million.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #10: Mar 08, 2017 01:19:26 pm
      In the last year Moores (2006/7) was in charge the club made £134 million and we spent more money on players wages than anyone else £77 million.

Second European Cup final, in two years, that year too. Then?

Cue carpetbaggers v.1 and v. 2.0

Some coincidence; eh? 🙄

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #11: Mar 08, 2017 01:57:34 pm
      All the spin is making me dizzy.....
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #12: Mar 08, 2017 04:34:14 pm
      This is second hand info, from a Man United fan, so take it with a pinch of salt. City's owners bypass some of the wage bill by paying through a company that isn't associated with the club. This is to get around fair play rules, but as I said, it's hearsay at best or even a conspiracy at worse.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #13: Mar 08, 2017 04:43:49 pm
      This is second hand info, from a Man United fan, so take it with a pinch of salt. City's owners bypass some of the wage bill by paying through a company that isn't associated with the club. This is to get around fair play rules, but as I said, it's hearsay at best or even a conspiracy at worse.

A guy on RAWK said the same thing too.they did it a couple years back.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #14: Mar 08, 2017 05:05:47 pm

Aye That's what is suspected with City and if you look at their alleged revenues i.e. Paying themselves then no doubt true.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #15: Mar 09, 2017 11:42:58 am
      How is that possible? How can we be paying more wages than Shitty? Isn't Can not being offered 70k which must be 130k less than that toe-rag who moved to Shitty from us? I can't even say his name.  :mad:

There must be something wrong here. We should disband our scouting network and the transfer committee. That would save a bundle. We then buy from Southampton with a premium of say 10-15%. Would save us a lot of hassle.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #16: Mar 09, 2017 12:13:34 pm
      How is that possible? How can we be paying more wages than Shitty? Isn't Can not being offered 70k which must be 130k less than that toe-rag who moved to Shitty from us? I can't even say his name.  :mad:

There must be something wrong here. We should disband our scouting network and the transfer committee. That would save a bundle. We then buy from Southampton with a premium of say 10-15%. Would save us a lot of hassle.

It's total staff costs, not just player wages.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #17: Mar 09, 2017 03:45:58 pm
      It's total staff costs, not just player wages.

Even so... surwly that cant be right? Dont City have a huge academy thing with a school in it?

Isn't Pep the highest paid manager in the league?

Either City are dumbing their figures down somehow or we are talking ours up.

Surely?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #18: Mar 09, 2017 04:11:13 pm
      Even so... surwly that cant be right? Dont City have a huge academy thing with a school in it?

Isn't Pep the highest paid manager in the league?

Either City are dumbing their figures down somehow or we are talking ours up.

Surely?

We aren't talking ours up, I know that much.

I have an idea, but no proof to back it up.
      The accounts list 15 subsidiary companies which were set up by H&G and haven't been closed yet, 13 of which are dormant.
      These 13 companies were involved in the legal actions brought by h&g against Liverpool, FSG, JH etc
      In July last year, Kop Football Holdings Ltd was wound down (closed) after being dormant for 2 years, this was the main holding company used by h&g, and owed in excess of £400 million.

What this means, is hundreds of thousands of documents, because of court cases and evidence produced by both sides.
      FSG had to wait until all cases were closed (won or lost) and then also wait for the appeals period to run out.
      As we know, FSG, LFC and JH won all the cases brought against them.
      I consider this vexatious by h&g as they tried to spend a few million on lawyers and court cases rather than take the hit on personal liability. They were personally liable for a big chunk of that £409 million
      So, we have a scenario, where there was ongoing litigation, eventually won, but an almighty mess was left behind.

I consider it likely that the extra staff and increased costs were in part due to (extra) in house counsel being retained (rather than paying a law firm by the hour), cleaning up the last of the mess left by h&g.
      I know nearly 6 years seems like a long time, but in terms of litigation, it's not really.
      You can guarantee that h&g tried to drag it out as long as possible though, and now all those documents have to be filed, stored in case of any future attempts at litigation.

Like I said, complete speculation, but it makes sense to me, and an indicator is the fact that Kop Football Holdings Ltd was closed shortly after the accounting period finished.

Quick Reply