Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre Match - Liverpool v Burnley KO 4pm Sunday 12th March

Read 14129 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Pre Match - Liverpool v Burnley KO 4pm Sunday 12th March
      Mar 08, 2017 09:53:05 pm

Our roller coaster of a season twists and turns its way into March and continues with our chance to heap revenge on Burnley after their 2-0 win at Turf Moor back in the autumn..

The one question we all seem to be asking ourselves a lot lately is what attitude will we have this week..?

Will it be the timid, gutless 11 that ponced around the game at Leicester or will it be the quick flowing, quick thinking 11 that brushed aside Arsenal?

I think we'll carry the same attitude as the Arsenal game into this one.. We have too! No excuses..
      I don't see any reason why Jürgen should change things around..

The fact that Burnley haven't travelled well this season means nothing as they will for sure pose a threat it's down to us to stop that threat and let them worry about us.

Just gotta hope the ref keeps an eye on Barton's theatricals as we all know what bad boy Joey is capable of.

I'd take a 1-0 win but I can see more goals in this for sure so i'm gonna stick my neck out and say we'll stuff em 4-0

Time to take no prisoners Reds

:kop5cf8koxp6:

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Re: Pre Match - Liverpool v Burnley KO 4pm Sunday 12th March
      Reply #1: Mar 08, 2017 09:58:21 pm
      Here we are with City drawing with Stoke tonight, I am sure their inconsistency is similar to ours, but they have lost momentum tonight, where we have gained momentum against the Arse.
      We can reign in 4 points no probs if we turn up rvery game. I'm going for a 3:1 win in this, another must win game !
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2: Mar 08, 2017 10:01:16 pm
      City drawing with Stoke tonight,

Wtf, they played today? didnt know!! great news
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #3: Mar 08, 2017 10:03:22 pm
      Wtf, they played today? didnt know!! great news

Yeah, saw Carra tweeting about it during the Barca game. Good result for us that, just 4 points behind them now.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #4: Mar 08, 2017 11:31:32 pm
      Burnley with only 2 pts away from home all season, guaranteed they more than double that against us!

Only joking no F***ing way a sh*t house team like Burnley should be getting anything more than a big fat zero assuming our boys have realised the stakes they are playing for, it's now or never.

Nothing else to play for so tiredness will not be a issue. Thank God as Hollywood Balls should will not be posting soon!

As for the match I have been tempted by the forum members to think of starting Moreno ahead of Milner, the old man has played a lot of games and looks jaded, his output has disappeared and positionally is quite often caught out as he can't get back quick enough.
      There again the downside is the risk of Moreno's brain farts, has Jürgen been able to drill some football intelligence into him?
      Moreno's pace would create more space for zCoutinho but again he has hardly been on top form.

I would also leave Klavan in as I doubt think Lovren is much better and the incumbents did well against Arsenal.

The only other change I would consider from the Arse game is Origi for Firmino, I think we need a proper striker against the sh*t teams, someone who gets stuck in and gives the shithouse CB's something to think about, god forbid even a aerial threat for one of Jimmys lifted crosses  :D

Migs
      Clyne
      Matip
      Klavan
      Milner/Moreno

Hendo - assuming fit
      Gina
      Lallana

Mane
      Coutinho
      Origi
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #5: Mar 08, 2017 11:32:51 pm
      Can't we get firmino, Origi, Mane and Coutinho on?

Just F***ing go for it.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #6: Mar 09, 2017 12:34:40 am
      Acid test time.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #7: Mar 09, 2017 01:53:19 am
      Burnley with only 2 pts away from home all season, guaranteed they more than double that against us!

Only joking no f**king way a sh*t house team like Burnley should be getting anything more than a big fat zero assuming our boys have realised the stakes they are playing for, it's now or never.

Nothing else to play for so tiredness will not be a issue. Thank God as Hollywood Balls should will not be posting soon!

As for the match I have been tempted by the forum members to think of starting Moreno ahead of Milner, the old man has played a lot of games and looks jaded, his output has disappeared and positionally is quite often caught out as he can't get back quick enough.
      There again the downside is the risk of Moreno's brain farts, has Jürgen been able to drill some football intelligence into him?
      Moreno's pace would create more space for zCoutinho but again he has hardly been on top form.

I would also leave Klavan in as I doubt think Lovren is much better and the incumbents did well against Arsenal.

The only other change I would consider from the Arse game is Origi for Firmino, I think we need a proper striker against the sh*t teams, someone who gets stuck in and gives the shithouse CB's something to think about, god forbid even a aerial threat for one of Jimmys lifted crosses  :D

Migs
      Clyne
      Matip
      Klavan
      Milner/Moreno

Hendo - assuming fit
      Gina
      Lallana

Mane
      Coutinho
      Origi

Sean Dyche hates foreigners like every other neanderthal English manager so he'll undoubtedly go twice as hard against Liverpool.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #8: Mar 09, 2017 07:10:34 am
      I was happy with the Arsenal result but I'll celebrate it only if we beat this lot.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Mar 09, 2017 07:18:11 am
      I really can't see us losing to Burnley, it's payback time and 3 points to our REDS. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #10: Mar 09, 2017 07:25:43 am
      I'd love to see a 442 here
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #11: Mar 09, 2017 08:31:41 am
      Same team as Arsenal

And Klopp needs to tell the team they are playing Arsenal not Burnley, that they have just changed their kit

Need to win this, and up the GD at the same time
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #12: Mar 09, 2017 11:00:05 am
      How did I not spot that Arsenal had a game in hand over us.

Mildly annoying that - thought we were properly clear of them.

I'm with you here.  I'd go the same team even if Lovren is back fit.  We can't be letting Burnley do the double over us and I actually think our boys will turn up for this one.  If they can't be motivated by revenge for the defeat early this season then we really are up against it!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #13: Mar 09, 2017 11:13:56 am
      The team will surely be up for this on Sunday wont they? Save me from another depressing drive home .
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #14: Mar 09, 2017 11:39:53 am
      I hope Klopp doesn't play Bertie (I think he won't). I would play TAA instead of Clyne because he tends to cross more balls than Clyne (Clyne can come back for the Shitty game). Also, we need to keep our full back 10 yards into our half and give ball to Burnley more so that we can then break them down as they come out with the ball.

I am going for a 2-1 to redmen, of course.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #15: Mar 09, 2017 12:10:44 pm
      I hope Klopp doesn't play Bertie (I think he won't). I would play TAA instead of Clyne because he tends to cross more balls than Clyne (Clyne can come back for the Shitty game). Also, we need to keep our full back 10 yards into our half and give ball to Burnley more so that we can then break them down as they come out with the ball.

I am going for a 2-1 to redmen, of course.

Cross to who exactly?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16: Mar 09, 2017 01:03:59 pm
      We need to invite them onto us so that we can hit them on the break instead of this recent bollocks of passing the ball side to side for 5 minutes before lumping in an easily defended ball OR play with 2 wingbacks in TAA and Moreno and try to get in behind them and put in some dangerous crosses, I'm feeling confident we can do this and really go on a charge until the end of the season.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #17: Mar 09, 2017 01:05:38 pm

Why Mags?

From my point of view, it doesn't make sense to change the formation(s) that the lads have got used to playing, but I'm interested to hear your thoughts.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #18: Mar 09, 2017 01:10:48 pm
      Why Mags?

From my point of view, it doesn't make sense to change the formation(s) that the lads have got used to playing, but I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

I would imagine because it is a much more effective set up against a low block team and probably offers more protection against the counter than the 433.

Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #19: Mar 09, 2017 01:20:09 pm
      We will need a tow truck to get rid of the bus that is being parked!!!  Only way to remove the truck is to score at least 2 early goals.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #20: Mar 09, 2017 03:08:04 pm
      I would imagine because it is a much more effective set up against a low block team and probably offers more protection against the counter than the 433.

Yes. It will be a totally different kind of match than we have seen recently vs. Arsenal and Spurs.

I agree with you about Origi for Bobby, although I am not expecting it. His physical presence will go further vs. this team than Bobby's style, which is more about exploiting spaces in the defense. It doesn't work if there are no such spaces.

Along with that - if we can just get out of the mentality of trying to score the perfect, Rembrandt type goal. If the other team is bunkering, there is no shame in high balls into the area or firing it into the pile from the edge of the 18. A couple of deflections and the ball just rolling across the line off a center back's arse is worth one goal just the same as the six-pass ESP magic that Bobby, Phil, Sadio and Adam sometimes come up with in open play. I like watching the latter better also, but it's the result that's important in the end. We have to adapt to the situation presented to us.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #21: Mar 09, 2017 03:08:40 pm
      I wonder if it would be worth dropping Lallana and playing Coutinho there with Moreno out wide for width? We all know they are gonna park the bus, and we all know we have struggled greatly vs defensive teams playing the same way over and over.
      Having width in Moreno and Mane would no doubt stretch their defensve more than our usually front 3, and it would give more space for Origi and Wijnaldum to attack. Coutinho would also have more options creating from deep which he is best suited at doing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #22: Mar 09, 2017 03:42:08 pm
      Comfortable 4-1 win for us.

Quick Reply