Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre Match - Liverpool v Burnley KO 4pm Sunday 12th March

Read 14098 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Pre Match - Liverpool v Burnley KO 4pm Sunday 12th March
      Reply #46: Mar 10, 2017 06:41:28 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #47: Mar 10, 2017 06:46:21 pm
      Exactly my thoughts  :laugh:

Now if he plays like a pissed off Heskey, instead of a laid back Heskey, we'd have a proper player.

Apart from Suarez, it's a long time since we had a striker with a bit of spite about him, and I think we need that up front.
      In fact, I think we need a bit more of it all over the pitch.
      Lovren has a bit of it, Lallana as well, but we need a bit more imo.

The only spice lallana has got is old spice
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #48: Mar 10, 2017 07:02:21 pm
      Bobby has not trained all week, last thing Jürgen said before he walked out of the presser.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #49: Mar 10, 2017 08:25:36 pm

Yeah - dont risk Bobby on these. Although, id be tempted to give young wooders a go - pace to burn
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #50: Mar 10, 2017 08:43:42 pm
      Not at all confident with the suggestion Can should be one of s back 3.
       Could be right back may be !
      Right back in the dressing room 😳
      I really don't see a place for him in this side unless we become absolutely desperate due to injuries !
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #51: Mar 10, 2017 09:01:52 pm
      Struggling to get 2 fit cb's on the pitch, let alone 3, origi for bobby if necessary
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #52: Mar 10, 2017 09:22:19 pm
      I think Moreno is a good footballer.
      A crap defender, but a good footballer.
      He has the advantage over Milner in that he can cross with his left, first time, every time, plus he's very, very quick and I don't see them attacking in numbers.
      He's not a bad crosser of the ball either; he gets it into the right areas at least as often as Milner does.

There's not many matches where I'd advocate Moreno starting (unless as a winger, but that's a different conversation) but against teams like Burnley, I think he can do a job for us, especially in a 442.

I said in my OP that I didn't think Jürgen should change the line up from the Arsenal game but after todays news about Firmino not being 100% I hope he gives Origi a start.
      If he's gonna play him through the middle he'll need quick support down both wings.
      Mane working with Clyne on the right and Lallana working with Moreno on the left.

Moreno's been sat on that bench all season, it must be doing his head in..it would do mine in, sat there week after week whilst a player who doesn't call left back his position beats you to a start every week..
      One thing Moreno does offer us is a super quick sprint up the touchline and a quick left footed cross.
      it's just his suicidal scissor tackles in defence that have my head in my hands..
      Not sure of the form of the Burnley right back but I really think he's worth a gamble in this game.

If he plays Origi out wide then F**k knows what'l happen.

Can see Gini being our best player during this run in, he's really stepped up to the plate and I can see his goal tally increasing.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #53: Mar 10, 2017 10:12:43 pm
                    Karius
           Matip Lovren Klavan
      Milner      Hendo        Moreno
            Mane Coutinho Lallana
                    Origi

Hmm, what will Burnley do?!
      Would like to see something different. Sure, we could play same side, again.  But we've an opportunity to try something, against a side who have been poor away from home, who are limited. If we don't, when are we going to try a different approach.
      Karius is the future - if he's not, who is (it's not Migs).
      3 at the back, Burnley won't be spending long spells in our half.
      Milner out right were he's natural, Moreno with pace on the other side.
      Hope to see Hendo back, with Mane and Lallana working hard.
      Cou has be patchy lately, but would put him in behind Origi, who looked fresh coming on vs Arse.

Cmon boys, let's stuff these shower, and put down a marker for the run in !!!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #54: Mar 10, 2017 10:59:22 pm
      The only spice lallana has got is old spice

According to his opponents, he is one of the most difficult players to play against.
      He never stops niggling away at them, chasing down harrying, having little kicks and using his body to lever etc.

Watch him, and watch what he does.
      According to his opponents, he's a F***ing nightmare.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #55: Mar 10, 2017 11:02:22 pm
      I said in my OP that I didn't think Jürgen should change the line up from the Arsenal game but after todays news about Firmino not being 100% I hope he gives Origi a start.
      If he's gonna play him through the middle he'll need quick support down both wings.
      Mane working with Clyne on the right and Lallana working with Moreno on the left.

Moreno's been sat on that bench all season, it must be doing his head in..it would do mine in, sat there week after week whilst a player who doesn't call left back his position beats you to a start every week..
      One thing Moreno does offer us is a super quick sprint up the touchline and a quick left footed cross.
      it's just his suicidal scissor tackles in defence that have my head in my hands..
      Not sure of the form of the Burnley right back but I really think he's worth a gamble in this game.

If he plays Origi out wide then F**k knows what'l happen.

Can see Gini being our best player during this run in, he's really stepped up to the plate and I can see his goal tally increasing.

Sorry to pick out just one part, but this is a great point.
      That's exactly what he needs to bully the opposition.
      Get in amongst them, hold the ball, use that big frame and that power to bully them, but also keep them on the back foot because they fear proper pace.
      That would allow Gini to thrive alright, with those late runs. Now if he could just find his shooting boots, we'd be set.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #56: Mar 10, 2017 11:09:32 pm
      Blow Firmino being out.

Daniel Sturridge get in the bin.

Jordan Henderson's problems just won't go away - get the feeling he is the Redknapp captain waiting for a bigger player like Gerrard coming down the line.

Lovren - if he's undecided then start Klavan who is a more than adequate replacement.

Obviously we should win but longer term some big summer transfers needed in all three of those areas above.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #57: Mar 10, 2017 11:30:33 pm
      We've seen Origi on the inside left and we know he can cut inside and score.
      We've also seen Origi wide right and swing one in with a pinpoint cross.
      We haven't really seen him, like Swab says, bully his way through the middle and make the centre halves job a nightmare.
      He's only a very young player with a humble attitude so we've gotta give him some credit but if he continues to hit the back of the net when we need him to I'm prepared to give him a chance.

It's a great opportunity for the lad to cement a regular place for this crucial  run in.. and against shitty teams like Everton,Middlesborough, Stoke,Watford,West Brom he could prove to be our match winner.

Gives Firmino a kick up the arse if anything else ;D 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #58: Mar 10, 2017 11:40:58 pm
      We haven't really seen him, like Swab says, bully his way through the middle and make the centre halves job a nightmare.

The lad played for a spell a few months back and didn't he score in about 6 consecutive games or something?

He's a capable player - maybe not starting eleven every week but he is exactly the calibre of player we should have to bring in when we have one of our players out.  He's got one of the better records of our players this season in the Premier League so I remain fairly confident we can bag these 3 points even if Firmino's out.

Our bench should be 7 Origi's (obviously suited in different positions!).
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #59: Mar 10, 2017 11:42:54 pm
      Hopefully, the injury to Bobby forces Klopp to try something different re. Our approach.

Klopp would have played the same old same old with his favourite fit.

And while I'm not Origi's biggest fan either, I'm actually confident we'll do a bus Parker at home; now that Klopp has to change things.

Blessing in disguise this.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #60: Mar 10, 2017 11:47:20 pm
      Hopefully, the injury to Bobby forces Klopp to try something different re. Our approach.

What would you like him to try?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #61: Mar 10, 2017 11:48:38 pm
      The lad played for a spell a few months back and didn't he score in about 6 consecutive games or something?

He's a capable player - maybe not starting eleven every week but he is exactly the calibre of player we should have to bring in when we have one of our players out.  He's got one of the better records of our players this season in the Premier League so I remain fairly confident we can bag these 3 points even if Firmino's out.

Our bench should be 7 Origi's (obviously suited in different positions!).

I think it's easy to forget that he's still only 21, and is very much an apprentice type, rather than the finished article if you know what I mean.

I hate to compare with a player I didn't like, but I think Origi has it in him to become a Drogba type, but obviously, taking extra football classes in place of Drama.

I honestly think he could be a special player, given the right coaching, and with the right attitude.
      I know that's a bold statement, but ffs, the lad hasn't stopped growing and filling out yet, and he's already quick, strong, tricky, and decent in the air.

If he continues to progress, he'll do well for us imo.
      Very well.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #62: Mar 10, 2017 11:52:57 pm
      I think it's easy to forget that he's still only 21, and is very much an apprentice type, rather than the finished article if you know what I mean.

I hate to compare with a player I didn't like, but I think Origi has it in him to become a Drogba type, but obviously, taking extra football classes in place of Drama.

I'm not sure I'd go with the Drogba comparison but you're right - he's no age at all and he's already had a fairly successful career.  We don't know what goes on in the daily lives of these players - he could well be a 'I've made it' player but if he isn't then yeah - he can score goals in the Premier League - we should be nurturing these lads.

Klopp's brought him off the bench ahead of Sturridge numerous times so he knows where he is in the pecking order.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #63: Mar 10, 2017 11:58:03 pm
      I'm not sure I'd go with the Drogba comparison but you're right - he's no age at all and he's already had a fairly successful career.  We don't know what goes on in the daily lives of these players - he could well be a 'I've made it' player but if he isn't then yeah - he can score goals in the Premier League - we should be nurturing these lads.

Klopp's brought him off the bench ahead of Sturridge numerous times so he knows where he is in the pecking order.

The Drogba comparison was more about power and pace, and ability to hold the ball up.

However, I think Origi is also capable of playing on the defenders shoulder.

I see people saying he should be sold, and I just think "what the F**k are you on about?"

The same with Can.
      OK, he's a little bit older, but he's also very talented.

These lads need time and plenty of Klopp.
      If they listen to him, they'll do well.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #64: Mar 10, 2017 11:58:42 pm
      Apart from the game at Man City virtually all the teams we've got left to play will scrap and fight for every 50/50, every throw in and for every blade of grass and we have to be ready to face them head on..
      Home or away it doesn't matter anymore...

A top four slot has become our holy grail and let's face it, there is NO alternative but to win every single game..
      Keep banging the goals in and hope to f**k our backline stays tight..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #65: Mar 10, 2017 11:59:51 pm
      Apart from the game at Man City virtually all the teams we've got left to play will scrap and fight for every 50/50, every throw in and for every blade of grass and we have to be ready to face them head on..
      Home or away it doesn't matter anymore...

A top four slot has become our holy grail and let's face it, there is NO alternative but to win every single game..
      Keep banging the goals in and hope to f**k our backline stays tight..

Now's the time for the lads to show they have some balls.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #66: Mar 11, 2017 12:12:40 am
      Now's the time for the lads to show they have some balls.

Correct...
      I wanna see Lallana play like he did against Arsenal in every game now until May
      I wanna see the movement of Can, Coutinho,Wynnie and Mane creating chance after chance.

We have such a talented group of players we just can't see the wood for the trees sometimes.

Personally I think the Leicester game gave them all a kick up the arse and I'm confident we won't see anything like that again... ever!

It's the time of year when teams around us start to have games in hand so we have to make sure we gather the 3 points and move on to whoever is next..
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts | 85 
      Reply #67: Mar 11, 2017 12:54:06 am

Same boat, agree as well
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #68: Mar 11, 2017 04:47:13 am
      Well I'm a bit worried about this one. Not only because it's against a "lower team" but because of 2 other reasons.

A) They haven't won a game away all Season and we know that sort of stat always seems to change once they have played us.

and

B) I happened to catch their highlights against Swansea last week and although Swansea scored three times, I noticed at one stage a goal mouth scramble and their were 3 Burnley players on the goal line on either side of the Keeper. That ball wasn't going in. The only way Swansea scored were from beautiful crosses into the box that almost landed on the head of Llorente to smash home. 1) We don't have anyone who can put in a beautiful cross and 2) Apart from Firminio ( who might not even play, according to reports) the only other player comfortable enough to head the ball is Gini.

If Bobby doesn't play, I hope Origi starts, he might be the key to unlocking their tight defense.

Come on lads, let's show these fuckers that that first game at their place was an aberration.

Quick Reply