Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre Match - Liverpool v Burnley KO 4pm Sunday 12th March

Read 13963 times
      Millsy75
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts | 40 
      Re: Pre Match - Liverpool v Burnley KO 4pm Sunday 12th March
      Reply #69: Mar 11, 2017 07:23:15 am
      Well I'm a bit worried about this one. Not only because it's against a "lower team" but because of 2 other reasons.

A) They haven't won a game away all Season and we know that sort of stat always seems to change once they have played us.

and

B) I happened to catch their highlights against Swansea last week and although Swansea scored three times, I noticed at one stage a goal mouth scramble and their were 3 Burnley players on the goal line on either side of the Keeper. That ball wasn't going in. The only way Swansea scored were from beautiful crosses into the box that almost landed on the head of Llorente to smash home. 1) We don't have anyone who can put in a beautiful cross and 2) Apart from Firminio ( who might not even play, according to reports) the only other player comfortable enough to head the ball is Gini.

If Bobby doesn't play, I hope Origi starts, he might be the key to unlocking their tight defense.

Come on lads, let's show these fuckers that that first game at their place was an aberration.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #70: Mar 11, 2017 07:30:45 am
      Well I'm a bit worried about this one. Not only because it's against a "lower team" but because of 2 other reasons.

A) They haven't won a game away all Season and we know that sort of stat always seems to change once they have played us.

and

B) I happened to catch their highlights against Swansea last week and although Swansea scored three times, I noticed at one stage a goal mouth scramble and their were 3 Burnley players on the goal line on either side of the Keeper. That ball wasn't going in. The only way Swansea scored were from beautiful crosses into the box that almost landed on the head of Llorente to smash home. 1) We don't have anyone who can put in a beautiful cross and 2) Apart from Firminio ( who might not even play, according to reports) the only other player comfortable enough to head the ball is Gini.

If Bobby doesn't play, I hope Origi starts, he might be the key to unlocking their tight defense.

Come on lads, let's show these fuckers that that first game at their place was an aberration.

Coyr, go for the win.

Ynwa
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #71: Mar 11, 2017 08:34:34 am
      Way too good for this shower at home... an easy win.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #72: Mar 11, 2017 03:22:17 pm
      With Bob out, the calls for Origi in a 4:4:2 formation are abound.
      With the amount of players, playing out of position, don't be surprised to see a re shuffle with Lucas tossed into the equasion !
      Just saying......😬
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #73: Mar 11, 2017 03:35:26 pm
      With Bob out, the calls for Origi in a 4:4:2 formation are abound.
      With the amount of players, playing out of position, don't be surprised to see a re shuffle with Lucas tossed into the equasion !
      Just saying......😬

Mignolet

Matip Lucas Klavan

Milner Can Gini Moreno

Mane Phil

Origi
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #74: Mar 11, 2017 04:30:03 pm
      We'll absolutely banjo these, three or four nil I should think. If Bobby is out and we start Origi, who do we stick up top if Divok get's a strain? Mane I guess, and I'd be tempted to stick him up there anyway.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #75: Mar 11, 2017 06:56:08 pm
      Firmino wont be injured tomorrow according to Physioroom. Shows how miss informed people are on here.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #76: Mar 11, 2017 07:07:11 pm
      Firmino wont be injured tomorrow according to Physioroom. Shows how miss informed people are on here.

Um, did you not watch the press conference? Klopp said he had not trained this week but will see how it goes next couple of days.

From a glance, I don't think anyone has said he is out because of injury.  Posters are taking in what Klopp said and are saying they would have Origi/Mane in the line up IF Firmino is not fit enough for the match.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #77: Mar 11, 2017 07:12:55 pm

Who's Miss Informed? Your spelling teacher?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #78: Mar 11, 2017 07:35:11 pm

Good that mate, made me chuckle.  :lmao:
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #79: Mar 11, 2017 07:49:19 pm
      Just go out and murder Burnley. They are part a big part of the reason why we are where we are now. If I were Klopp, I would put up stickers all over to remind the lads "Burnley embarassed you and humiliated you".
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2017 08:06:47 pm by redkop63 »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #80: Mar 11, 2017 08:06:49 pm

Yeah. Like the Leicester hadn't scored stat.  I get you bro!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #81: Mar 11, 2017 08:14:05 pm
      Nervous as hell for this one, this could ruin my whole weekend. Strangely confident for it, well I ever learn?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #82: Mar 11, 2017 08:18:54 pm
      Thank F**k for footy returning...

3-1
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #83: Mar 11, 2017 09:32:52 pm
      Mignolet

Matip Lucas Klavan

Milner Can Gini Moreno

Mane Phil

Origi

Aaahhhhhhhhhh Nooooooooo !
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #84: Mar 11, 2017 09:33:09 pm
      Genuinely want to tw*t these fuckers and that fu**ed voice manager of theirs. Mediocre,  there for no reason cu*ts!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #85: Mar 11, 2017 09:59:42 pm
      Genuinely want to tw*t these fuckers and that fu**ed voice manager of theirs. Mediocre,  there for no reason cu*ts!

Not a fan of the dulcet gravelly tones of Mr Sean Dyche? ;D

As for the game I'm in agreement with Orchard above - strangely confident considering how we like to lie down and do our best impression of a door mat in these kinds of games. Thinking the players will want to prove that they don't just get up for the big games. Just hope the crowd stay with them if we don't score early or (GOD forbid) they go ahead.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #86: Mar 11, 2017 10:02:40 pm

You do know we are not playing Utd, right? :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #87: Mar 11, 2017 10:29:21 pm
      Off to Anfield for the game tomorrow and I'd love to see us start off were we finished against Arsenal... I actually fancy us to give these a bit of a tonking....it's about time we did that to a lower league side isn't it !! I know, I'm being crazy !

Shame that Hendo and probably Roberto will be missing, but hopefully we'll have enough in our locker to see these sent packing back to Turf Moor pointless.

Starting to come to the business end of the season now and if we want champions league football at Anfield next season it's imperative we get a result against a very difficult Burnley side....fingers crossed !!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #88: Mar 11, 2017 11:00:15 pm
      There are actually no spelling errors there. There is one grammar error but you didn't spot that since you said spelling. If you spot the grammar error and called that a spelling error, then pulled me up and anything spelling or grammar related then that is very hypocritical and I suggest improving yourself rather than picking at others. For your information, this is not the spelling and grammar thread anyway. Even if my knowledge of the English language was a bad as you were making out, I know degree level maths, can programme in Java, C++, C#, SQL, Python. Design in UML and if those computer languages weren't enough.. I can also speak Thai and Japanese. Regardless of any piss taking from tiny grammar errors you can dish out, I feel good enough about myself to not give a crap what you say. Before you say chill out or I was just kidding or some Kopout <-- intentional pun not a spelling error, a joke and a putdown are not two in the same.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #89: Mar 11, 2017 11:35:27 pm
      There are actually no spelling errors there. There is one grammar error but you didn't spot that since you said spelling. If you spot the grammar error and called that a spelling error, then pulled me up and anything spelling or grammar related then that is very hypocritical and I suggest improving yourself rather than picking at others. For your information, this is not the spelling and grammar thread anyway. Even if my knowledge of the English language was a bad as you were making out, I know degree level maths, can programme in Java, C++, C#, SQL, Python. Design in UML and if those computer languages weren't enough.. I can also speak Thai and Japanese. Regardless of any piss taking from tiny grammar errors you can dish out, I feel good enough about myself to not give a crap what you say. Before you say chill out or I was just kidding or some Kopout <-- intentional pun not a spelling error, a joke and a putdown are not two in the same.

How come I read this comment with this music playing in the background?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk70z-fNcAA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #90: Mar 11, 2017 11:42:36 pm
      Of course I would take a 1-0 any day but a 6-0 against that ginger goatee tw*t would be so sweet.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #91: Mar 12, 2017 06:43:56 am
      Last week we won without my live thread, I will keep in the background for this one as well.

I want to see a striker in this game, hopefully Origi wants to show what he is made of.

We need to be aware at the back for their counter attack.

Revenge for the second match of the league.

Quick Reply