Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Cha Bum-kun

Read 2046 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Cha Bum-kun
      Mar 09, 2017 02:41:09 pm
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cha_Bum-kun

Anybody have the privilege of watching this guy play?

I think he's pretty much regarded as the best footballer to ever come out of Asia.

I've read around about him and his story seems really interesting, but unfortunately there's not a wealth of material existing online regarding him - I guess because he wasn't playing for one of the "top top" teams.

I'd love to hear some stories about him from people. And if you are familiar - how highly you rate/d him as a player.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Cha Bum-kun
      Reply #1: Mar 09, 2017 02:52:11 pm
      Sadly never heard of him which is a shame because he looked like he had quite the career, more of a shame when you know the South Koreans love their football, have produced some great stars and yet we seem quite oblivious about it all!

BUT I did not know his son was Cha Du Ri, Celtic player from a few years back which is something to me! Thanks for the link Ross.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Cha Bum-kun
      Reply #2: Apr 02, 2017 12:23:41 pm
      I remember he was one of the most feared strikers in Asia during the 70s and 80s and during those years there were quite a number of very talented players in Asia but sadly the advent of internet was not on yet until the early 90s that made scouting work across the globe a laborious one.

Quick Reply