Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool Kit: 2016-17

Read 59916 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Liverpool Kit: 2016-17
      Reply #207: Aug 03, 2016 11:54:25 am
      That jacket is the business, I actually like the gray one Jürgen has been wearing even better than the black.

It all looks great without the sponsorship.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #208: Aug 03, 2016 11:55:47 am

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #209: Aug 03, 2016 11:58:40 am

Been looking for that second top since I saw the lads wearing it getting on the plane a few weeks ago.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #210: Aug 03, 2016 11:59:46 am
      Been looking for that second top since I saw the lads wearing it getting on the plane a few weeks ago.

Looks great.
      It's up for pre-order on the site.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #211: Aug 03, 2016 12:07:47 pm
      Let's get back to plain red, no stripes, patterns, flashes, buttons, weird collars, slogans, etc.   Adidas kits seem to have reverted to good old traditional English football kits' style, while we have some young NB fashion design graduate experimenting with ours.  Let's get a petition going to get back the classic 1978/9 glory days look for the home and away kits! I'm sure all the old living in the past codgers like me will sign up...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #212: Aug 03, 2016 01:09:58 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #213: Aug 03, 2016 01:15:41 pm
      The one Klopp has been wearing doesn't have Bet Victor on it....

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #214: Aug 03, 2016 01:19:53 pm
      Pity we couldn't buy a no logo version....  The Klopp version ?

Whistling in the dark that .

Cost : to make virtually nothing  v

Income :         Big Money from .....

Victor Chandler
                                                                              New Balance
                                                                              Standard Chartered
                                                                              Little Johnny's name on the back.

They saw us coming .
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #215: Nov 11, 2016 12:30:59 pm
      http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-10/new-balance-burned-for-praising-trump-s-trade-stance

New Balance Burned for Praising Trump’s Trade Stance

The shoemaker says it’s being unfairly targeted for opposing the Trans-Pacific Partnership.

As protests against U.S. President-Elect Donald Trump roil cities across America, people have found a corporate logo to symbolize their anger and dismay. It’s emblazoned on the side of their shoes.

New Balance, the privately held Boston shoemaker, found itself in consumer cross-hairs after declaring that Trump’s imminent ascension to the White House is a move in the “right direction.” The backlash was sparked by a tweet from the Wall Street Journal’s Sara Germano, who quoted a New Balance spokesperson saying President Barack Obama’s administration had “turned a deaf ear” to New Balance.

That didn’t go over well with the public. After all, more than half the electorate didn’t vote for Trump. Furious shoppers converged on New Balance’s Facebook page to rail against the brand and call for boycotts. On Twitter, they shared photos and videos of their New Balance sneakers thrown in the trash or tossed in the toilet. Some even lit their kicks on fire.

“I will not buy New Balance again ever,” one outraged customer wrote. “I am finding as many people as possible to spread this news.”

New Balance says it’s being unfairly vilified. The company contends that it supports Trump’s opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a proposed free trade deal that Obama negotiated with 12 countries on the Pacific Rim. TPP would lower various trade barriers, both tariff and non-tariff, among member nations. Opponents of the deal warn that it serves corporate interests and would endanger U.S. jobs. Hillary Clinton, Trump’s opponent in the general election (and the winner of the popular vote by more than 200,000), also opposed the deal.

“As the only major company that still makes athletic shoes in the U.S., New Balance has a unique perspective on trade in that we want to make more shoes in the U.S., not less,” the company said in a statement on Thursday. “New Balance publicly supported the trade positions of Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, and Donald Trump prior to election day that focused on American manufacturing job creation and we continue to support them today.”

New Balance has been fighting free trade agreements for years, since it manufactures or assembles more than 4 million pairs of athletic shoes each year at its five factories in Massachusetts and Maine. The company backed punitive tariffs that make it more costly to import footwear. Across the continent, in Beaverton, Ore., Nike has pushed for more free trade, since it does its manufacturing internationally.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _____

Not often this kind of story appears, usually its the team or person being sponsored that creates the story.

Given FSG's close relation with NB I can't see much being made of this.

Without getting into politics, I think there would be many one here that wouldn't agree with Trumps views, just disappointing we now have to walk around with a company logo on ourselves that supports them.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #216: Nov 11, 2016 02:31:11 pm
      http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-10/new-balance-burned-for-praising-trump-s-trade-stance

New Balance Burned for Praising Trump’s Trade Stance

The shoemaker says it’s being unfairly targeted for opposing the Trans-Pacific Partnership.

As protests against U.S. President-Elect Donald Trump roil cities across America, people have found a corporate logo to symbolize their anger and dismay. It’s emblazoned on the side of their shoes.

New Balance, the privately held Boston shoemaker, found itself in consumer cross-hairs after declaring that Trump’s imminent ascension to the White House is a move in the “right direction.” The backlash was sparked by a tweet from the Wall Street Journal’s Sara Germano, who quoted a New Balance spokesperson saying President Barack Obama’s administration had “turned a deaf ear” to New Balance.

That didn’t go over well with the public. After all, more than half the electorate didn’t vote for Trump. Furious shoppers converged on New Balance’s Facebook page to rail against the brand and call for boycotts. On Twitter, they shared photos and videos of their New Balance sneakers thrown in the trash or tossed in the toilet. Some even lit their kicks on fire.

“I will not buy New Balance again ever,” one outraged customer wrote. “I am finding as many people as possible to spread this news.”

New Balance says it’s being unfairly vilified. The company contends that it supports Trump’s opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a proposed free trade deal that Obama negotiated with 12 countries on the Pacific Rim. TPP would lower various trade barriers, both tariff and non-tariff, among member nations. Opponents of the deal warn that it serves corporate interests and would endanger U.S. jobs. Hillary Clinton, Trump’s opponent in the general election (and the winner of the popular vote by more than 200,000), also opposed the deal.

“As the only major company that still makes athletic shoes in the U.S., New Balance has a unique perspective on trade in that we want to make more shoes in the U.S., not less,” the company said in a statement on Thursday. “New Balance publicly supported the trade positions of Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, and Donald Trump prior to election day that focused on American manufacturing job creation and we continue to support them today.”

New Balance has been fighting free trade agreements for years, since it manufactures or assembles more than 4 million pairs of athletic shoes each year at its five factories in Massachusetts and Maine. The company backed punitive tariffs that make it more costly to import footwear. Across the continent, in Beaverton, Ore., Nike has pushed for more free trade, since it does its manufacturing internationally.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _____

Not often this kind of story appears, usually its the team or person being sponsored that creates the story.

Given FSG's close relation with NB I can't see much being made of this.

Without getting into politics, I think there would be many one here that wouldn't agree with Trumps views, just disappointing we now have to walk around with a company logo on ourselves that supports them.

New Balance supports themselves, nothing more, nothing less. They see a way to gain a competitive edge on their rivals. They actually still manufacture some of their shoes in the US (not all) so they have a harder time competing with the other big companies that have all overseas manufacturing.

I don't fall down one way or the other on here, but it will be interesting to see if there's any backlash.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #217: Nov 16, 2016 11:23:30 am
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #218: Nov 16, 2016 03:51:08 pm
      I just checked out the window the New Balance headquarters is still standing,it's all good not like they were in the nazi party cough adidas cough.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #219: Mar 13, 2017 12:45:51 pm
      Can't say I liked this when I was in Liverpool One.

This is quality.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #220: Mar 13, 2017 12:52:00 pm

This is quality.

What the hell is a Liverpool top have blue  on it for?  Agree on the second one though. That's nice.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #221: Mar 13, 2017 12:58:57 pm

This is quality.

A bit pissed off that the NB is bigger than the Liverbird .
      That and the blue is taking the joke too far.

Yup . Some undergraduate designer sitting in the canteen at NB in the States with his new crayons.

Off his tree . 

Get a life NB.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #222: Mar 13, 2017 01:00:13 pm

:action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #223: Mar 13, 2017 01:12:25 pm
      I have no problem with any shade of blue being on our kits. It does however make zero sense to have that shitty shade of blue on a tracksuit top when none of our kits have anything close to that colour on them.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #224: Mar 13, 2017 01:15:14 pm
      A bit pissed off that the NB is bigger than the Liverbird .
      That and the blue is taking the joke too far.

Yup . Some undergraduate designer sitting in the canteen at NB in the States with his new crayons.

Off his tree . 

Get a life NB.
      Totally agree,very disproportionate regarding the NB & the liverbird which is very intential seeing that the first thing your eyes see is the F***ing NB.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #225: Mar 16, 2017 04:36:22 pm
      I have no problem with any shade of blue being on our kits. It does however make zero sense to have that shitty shade of blue on a tracksuit top when none of our kits have anything close to that colour on them.

I'm not arsed about the trackies and bench gear having blue on them, I do have a problem with having blue on our kits though.

Red kit for home, white and black or yellow for away and third.

Proper Liverpool colours!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #226: Mar 16, 2017 08:17:03 pm
      What the hell is a Liverpool top have blue  on it for?  Agree on the second one though. That's nice.

Possibly something to do with the 125th anniversary, or a college project.
      « Last Edit: Mar 16, 2017 08:47:42 pm by RedPuppy »

Quick Reply