Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Man City V Liverpool - Sunday 19/03/17 K.O. 16.30

Read 11392 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Pre Match: Man City V Liverpool - Sunday 19/03/17 K.O. 16.30
      Reply #46: Mar 17, 2017 08:22:15 am
      A win would be F***ing massive and it would genuinely reignite the season.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #47: Mar 17, 2017 09:01:30 am
      Any news on Lovren if he's fit enough to play?

He played an hour for the under-23's the other night with Klopp in attendance. He didn't really have anything to do all night so it's hard to say how much it really improved his fitness enough to start against Man City.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #48: Mar 17, 2017 09:05:35 am
      Beat Man City and it puts us 2 points ahead of them but they'd have a game in hand. Lose to them and they go 4 points above us with a game in hand. This game is huge.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #49: Mar 17, 2017 11:12:27 am
      Not sure about this anymore. Toure from deep is just as deadly as Silva , especially now that they have 3 pacey forwards.

It's gonna be a very difficult game.

Silva is more tricky while Toure is more direct. We most probably need a Hendo to harass Silva while Can or someone else to stop Toure from bulldozing through and we go on a quick counter. They may have another DM to stop our advance if we could pass this, whoever he may be, their defence will be in big trouble. The battle will be won or lost in midfield. Hopefully they haven't recovered from being dumped out of the CL by Monaco and we take full advantage of situation.
      « Last Edit: Mar 17, 2017 11:23:23 am by redkop63 »
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #50: Mar 17, 2017 01:05:57 pm
      Klopp: "We missed a few players in training this week. No chance for Henderson and Sturridge. Firmino should train today or tomorrow"

Hope Boby will be fine.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #51: Mar 17, 2017 01:54:38 pm
      These are the games I don't really worry about.... it's the 'lower' teams that scare me... I'm confident we will give these our all, 3-1 to us.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #52: Mar 17, 2017 02:26:58 pm
      So Firmino is a doubt and so is Origi. But Lovren is fit.

Hot from the pre match interview from Klopp.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #53: Mar 17, 2017 05:26:37 pm
      Think City will play it tight, we need the 3 points more than them, it has a draw written all over it.
      What a stupid thing to say. City will play the same game no matter how much they need 3 points or not. This is their only game left in March, roughly no PL football for two weeks after this. They aren't going to say, Liverpool need to win more than us lets play for the draw. You should be more worried that Firmino, Origi and Sturridge are all on the injury list and City have a full strength side.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #54: Mar 17, 2017 06:21:26 pm
      Don't call people stupid because they have a different opinion to yourself, everyone is expecting a goal fest and it could well be but I happen to think both teams will cancel each other out in the end. I am also not worried about Origi or Sturridge but Firmino is a loss as nobody in the squad can do what he can but we have enough to be competitive.
      I am not arguing that, I am arguing that you said man city will play differently because they don't need points as much as we do.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #55: Mar 17, 2017 06:39:58 pm
      Tough game for both teams this....City will be smarting after their Champions league defeat to Monaco, so will be more than up for the challenge with us and Liverpool will be hoping to capitalise on a decent little run we've set up for ourselves, either way, I think it may be a draw, hopefully I'm wrong and we smash them but they have a huge amount of quality in their side, it'll certainly be interesting watching this one....come on you mighty redmen, let's shove their blue moon where the sun don't shine  :lmao:
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #56: Mar 17, 2017 07:23:16 pm
      Alll doesn't seem right with City and Guardiola. Even if they had gone thro against Monaco, he seems frustrated, players too. They still look like a side struggling to understand what it is the manager wants. They've real quality in many positions, but the team right now is less than the sum of their parts, would hope we can get under their skin on Sunday given our excellent record against the top6.

Miss Hendo, but imagine only change Klopp will make would be Firmino in for Origi. Super goal from Can to win the match vs Burnley, but put a bunch of monkeys in a room with typewriters and eventually one will type up a sonnet - he needs to follow it up. I've defended the guy, but with Hendo out, need him to step up - some players blossom with responsibility. Cou was really poor last time out, place coudl be up for grabs only there isn't the depth to grab it.

Really could do with 3 points here. Good a time as any to play Shitty. Hoping for the win. Cmon boys !!!!!
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #57: Mar 17, 2017 08:19:01 pm
      Klavan or Lovren?

We know that City front 4 offers blistering speed... Sterling, De Bruyne, Sane, Aguero... SCARY!
      I am confident Matip can do the job but I am concerned about who plays along side him.

Question: who of Klavan or Lovren possesses more speed? (i understand that both are slow... trying to pick the faster of the two).
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #58: Mar 17, 2017 10:02:10 pm
      Will Klopp go defensive and sit off them, allowing them the ball just like he did when we won 1-0 on Hogmanay or will he go attack and press them? One of the strangest matches I've ever seen - in Klopp's terms it was a very unorthodox way of winning three points.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #59: Mar 17, 2017 10:23:57 pm
      Gonna be a real difficult one to call this..

We could be all sat with our head in our hands 2-0 down after 20 minutes with the way our defence is these days.. :mad:

Then again, we could end up doing a Stoke and snatch a 1-0 win in the last 10 minutes.. :scarf:

Place your bets.... ;D :confused-smiley-013:

I like Gaurdiola, he's got a good footballing brain and a good mentality and as he said in his pre match press talk he admires the way we are super quick in a attack, four or five seconds to win the ball and be attacking towards goal..Thats what he will focus on, stopping Coutinho, Lallana, Can and Wynnie.
      It's up to those four to take the game to them..rather than allowing DeSilva,DeBruyne and Toure to move it about.

They do have weakness at the back.. It's up to us to take anything that comes our way...

Both teams need the 3 points..end of
      So let's f**kin do it !

:kop5cf8koxp6:

« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2017 11:02:32 am by 6stringer »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #60: Mar 17, 2017 10:37:49 pm
      Will Klopp go defensive and sit off them, allowing them the ball just like he did when we won 1-0 on Hogmanay or will he go attack and press them? One of the strangest matches I've ever seen - in Klopp's terms it was a very unorthodox way of winning three points.

I can't decide which would be better for us. To press high up and just hope we can defend against Sterling, Sane and Aguero, or to sit deep and allow Silva and Toure to play.

red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #61: Mar 18, 2017 01:57:26 am
      Easy 3 points for us...maybe if Man City were in the bottom half of the table I would have been worried but this will be over by half time
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #62: Mar 18, 2017 02:17:28 am
      Don't see any reason to drop Klavan.

Denied two very decent chances for Burnley last week.

Firmino will be fit.  Mind games I reckon.

NB: Team no longer available
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #63: Mar 18, 2017 07:38:06 am
      Absolutely no problem with all out attack against these guys. It's likely to be a who can score the most type of game and we usually do well against them, so bring it on.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #64: Mar 18, 2017 10:06:40 am
      I've gone for a 2-1 reds win but I somehow feel a bit uneasy about this one.  Easy to say we always beat the better sides but they will be felling pretty crap after getting knocked out of the CL. Not sure if they'll be hung over, or wound up !  Think they were sort of expecting to win the CL This year, so they gonna be pretty pissed off. I think if we go for the high press and don't allow them space, we will do well. A high line doesn't always let the likes of Silva, Aguero, etc room to play. Hopefully if we get the press right in midfield, they won't see too much of the ball.  Will be an excellent win, and a much needed 3 points, if we can do it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #65: Mar 18, 2017 12:32:16 pm
      Absolutely no problem with all out attack against these guys. It's likely to be a who can score the most type of game and we usually do well against them, so bring it on.

I know exactly what you mean but at first it sounded so much like a Michael Owen type of statement :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #66: Mar 18, 2017 12:40:41 pm
      This Is MASSIVE!!

Win this we finish top 4, not guaranteed but it would be ours to lose, also we could use it as a springboard for the run in, with blueshite up next it's pivotal we don't lose, derbies can go either way on the day so we cannot afford to drop possibly 6pts in 2 games,

Being in and among the top 4 for the run in will give us a massive boost of confidence, and we should be back to full strength within a few weeks for the final 6 games, hopefully,

It's a tough call this one but we have a decent record against the so called big boys, so out comes the chopping block,

1-3 The Mighty Redmen

Coutinho, Lallana, Mane bagging the Goodies,

Mignolet
        Clyne. Matip Lovren Milner
          Lallana Emre Wijnaldum
         Mane  Firmino  Coutinho

Bench, Karius, Klavan, TAA,  Origi, Lucas,  Woodburn, Wilson

YNWA
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #67: Mar 18, 2017 12:49:17 pm
      Klavan or Lovren?

We know that City front 4 offers blistering speed... Sterling, De Bruyne, Sane, Aguero... SCARY!
      I am confident Matip can do the job but I am concerned about who plays along side him.

Question: who of Klavan or Lovren possesses more speed? (i understand that both are slow... trying to pick the faster of the two).

I think Klavan is a little quicker
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #68: Mar 18, 2017 02:19:37 pm
      The Arse is losing 3-1 to West Brom that's great ha ha.

Quick Reply