Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

2017-18 LFC Kit - new crest

Read 60840 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,189 posts | 165 
      Re: 2017-18 LFC Kit - new crest
      Reply #115: May 05, 2017 09:03:45 pm
      I know the two away kits were bad, but that was almost a magical season wearing those kits!!

I agree, we will hardly forget those.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,189 posts | 165 
      Reply #116: May 05, 2017 09:07:45 pm
      I'd like to see a simple white away kit and a dark green one.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,380 posts | 6403 
      Reply #117: May 05, 2017 09:08:58 pm
      New training kit would be nice if it weren't for all the Bet Victor crap on it. Don't understand why I have to pay a bunch of money to then advertise for the club sponsor?

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #118: May 06, 2017 06:16:57 pm

Possible third kit.
      If this is legit it would have white writing so that it can be seen on tv.
      « Last Edit: May 06, 2017 09:19:55 pm by ORCHARD RED »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4941 
      Reply #119: May 06, 2017 06:31:23 pm

I like it.

Don't mind something a bit different for a third especially if the home is spot on.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #120: May 06, 2017 06:33:29 pm
      I like it.

Don't mind something a bit different for a third especially if the home is spot on.

I'd prefer it have a white trim, but then it would be too similar to the home I guess.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,380 posts | 6403 
      Reply #121: May 06, 2017 08:51:58 pm

Possible third kit.
      If this is legit it would have white writing do that it can be seen on tv.

Really like that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4941 
      Reply #122: May 06, 2017 09:17:04 pm

Reckon it'll sell by the bucket load as well.

Kids seem to like that type of kit these days.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #123: May 06, 2017 11:22:52 pm

Another pic. Looking more and more likely that this is legit.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #124: May 07, 2017 07:52:49 am
      New training kit would be nice if it weren't for all the Bet Victor crap on it. Don't understand why I have to pay a bunch of money to then advertise for the club sponsor?

If you don't understand that, then we have a hell of a way to go in getting you up to speed on 21st century footy and competing at the top level.

Sponsorship gets the girls.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #125: May 08, 2017 10:56:45 am

Possible third kit.
      If this is legit it would have white writing so that it can be seen on tv.

That'll go well with my black shorts at footie.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #126: May 08, 2017 11:02:51 am
      That'll go well with my black shorts at footie.

No, get the Orange shorts and socks too. Be a "full kit w**ker"😁
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #127: May 08, 2017 11:05:51 am
      No, get the Orange shorts and socks too. Be a "full kit w**ker"😁

"Never go full retard"
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #128: May 08, 2017 11:14:40 am
      So tempted to buy this:
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,564 posts | 1497 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #129: May 08, 2017 11:42:22 am

:jackoff:

I haven't bought a kit in god knows how long, but that long sleeve version is beautiful, I might have to go into town and see what size is best...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,380 posts | 6403 
      Reply #130: May 08, 2017 12:31:51 pm
      If you don't understand that, then we have a hell of a way to go in getting you up to speed on 21st century footy and competing at the top level.

Sponsorship gets the girls.

I understand the sponsorship on the game day kits, but it's asinine to sell me something at a premium price that's not gameday gear and still have the sponsors name plastered all over it. If the sponsors are paying you to put their name on a training shirt, then it shouldn't cost me as much.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #131: May 09, 2017 12:30:56 am
      I understand the sponsorship on the game day kits, but it's asinine to sell me something at a premium price that's not gameday gear and still have the sponsors name plastered all over it. If the sponsors are paying you to put their name on a training shirt, then it shouldn't cost me as much.

Right.. so if this shirt, which I just bought for $50, didn't have the sponsor on it - in theory, you'd be okay paying that. But because it has a bit of a sponsorship plug (one that isn't to obtrusive) you think it should be less for you as the consumer?

That's not how this works! You can't just pass the discount on to the consumer, otherwise why the f**k get the sponsorship?

Not to mention the players wear this stuff and the sponsors want to be on that - I mean look at Instagram, Facebook, Twitter accounts of LFC. During the season pictures of Coutinho, Klopp, Bobby etc etc etc are being posted on the daily of them smiling and kicking about in training. Wearing training gear. The sponsors are well within their rights to be on that as it is sold to the consumer as much as Standard Chartered are to be on jerseys sold to fans. Modern day footy. It's all good to be nostalgic and think about the good old days, but if you still want to be a fan now this is a part of the fight. You gotta be winning off the pitch as much as you are on it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,380 posts | 6403 
      Reply #132: May 09, 2017 02:18:29 am

Right.. so if this shirt, which I just bought for $50, didn't have the sponsor on it - in theory, you'd be okay paying that.
      It shouldn't be $50 even without the sponsorship, it's a training top, but yes, if I liked the overall style, I'd buy it for $50 without the sponsor. Just like last year's red training jacket. That thing was fire, but as soon as the Bet Victor went on it, I was out.

But because it has a bit of a sponsorship plug (one that isn't to obtrusive) you think it should be less for you as the consumer?
      Yes it should, you do know that's how things work right...when you advertise for someone, they pay you money. No one advertises for free.

That's not how this works! You can't just pass the discount on to the consumer, otherwise why the f**k get the sponsorship?
      The club gets the sponsorship because they get a ton of money for pasting the stupid sponsor's name all over everything. Ever hear of NASCAR? I know you have since you are a yank.

Not to mention the players wear this stuff and the sponsors want to be on that - I mean look at Instagram, Facebook, Twitter accounts of LFC. During the season pictures of Coutinho, Klopp, Bobby etc etc etc are being posted on the daily of them smiling and kicking about in training. Wearing training gear.
      That's the whole point of a sponsorship isn't it?  They pay the club so they can put  their garbage name all over everything they wear because as you rightly pointed out, they will be seen training in it and it brings the sponsor visibility. Why the hell would I, someone that's just a supporter, want to advertise for the sponsor. A gameday kit is one thing and I'd make an exception for that (although still wish we had  a better sponsor than Std Chartered), but there's no way I'm buying training gear with a sponsor (a secondary one at that) splashed on it.

The sponsors are well within their rights to be on that as it is sold to the consumer as much as Standard Chartered are to be on jerseys sold to fans.
      Sure,  they can do what they want, and as a consumer, so can I.

Modern day footy.
      It's all good to be nostalgic and think about the good old days, but if you still want to be a fan now this is a part of the fight.
      No, I can be a fan and not pay my hard earned money to advertise for our sponsors.

You gotta be winning off the pitch as much as you are on it.

There's plenty like me that would happily fork over for non-sponsor training gear...the club need to evaluate the opportunity cost of that and offer some stuff without the sponsor crap on it.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #133: May 09, 2017 04:35:25 am
      It shouldn't be $50 even without the sponsorship, it's a training top, but yes, if I liked the overall style, I'd buy it for $50 without the sponsor. Just like last year's red training jacket. That thing was fire, but as soon as the Bet Victor went on it, I was out.

Like arguing with a brick wall. But hey, I'm a sadist. So let's move forward with this.

Yes it should, you do know that's how things work right...when you advertise for someone, they pay you money. No one advertises for free.

F***ing DUH. Didn't say they advertised for free. What I said was why should it be cheaper for you? Like cutting off the nose to spite the face. There's no rhyme or reason to do that. And what the hell, maybe it WOULD be more expensive. We don't know.

The club gets the sponsorship because they get a ton of money for pasting the stupid sponsor's name all over everything. Ever hear of NASCAR? I know you have since you are a yank.

You're still completely missing my point and making yourself look really dumb. I said why the F**k would they get sponsorship if the profit from the sponsorship is eaten up by throwing massive discounts in for the occasional picky consumer such as yourself who wah-wahs over a sponsor on a kit. Again, it's not good business. I would be F***ing horrified if the club was doing stupid sh*t like that. This is football, but it's also sports business. I wish we could have no sponsors, and just be a football club. But then we also wouldn't be able to watch the team in different places around the world because there'd be no TV and we'd be living in the dark ages. Progress man.

Also I'm not a yank #alternativefacts, but I do know what NASCAR is. Their fans may have the stereotype that they're not as smart as some, but sure as sh*t they don't bi*ch and moan about sponsors being on their merchandise like this.

That's the whole point of a sponsorship isn't it?  They pay the club so they can put  their garbage name all over everything they wear because as you rightly pointed out, they will be seen training in it and it brings the sponsor visibility. Why the hell would I, someone that's just a supporter, want to advertise for the sponsor. A gameday kit is one thing and I'd make an exception for that (although still wish we had  a better sponsor than Std Chartered), but there's no way I'm buying training gear with a sponsor (a secondary one at that) splashed on it.

You answered you're own question - but you're not JUST a supporter. These sponsors get brought on board by the club selling themselves as a club supported by millions around the world. You're a part of the reason that we get the big sponsorships. If you want us to buy the Coutinho's and the Firmino's and the Mane's and the etc etc F***ing etc's of the world, then this is a part of that whole merry process. Bet Victor don't give the club the money JUST to be worn by the player in training and ergo on Instagram - they splash the cash so that little old me, in South Australia (BTW, for future reference I'm Aussie) can walk in to my local equivalent of Dick's Sporting Goods, and see the rack of Liverpool gear which includes not just our jerseys, but our training gear as well, and see their brand on the shelves here. Not just on Instagram, but physically being seen by random Aussie's wandering through a shop in the suburbs of Adelaide. Sponsorship is symbiotic. Liverpool sure as sh*t won't get the money they do for the sponsorship if it isn't being sold on to the supporter with the sponsors name on it.

Sure,  they can do what they want, and as a consumer, so can I.

The one thing I'll agree on - we all have a choice.

The reason I'm responding at such length, however, is it seems ridiculous to bi*ch about something to the extent you have with what seems selfish reasoning. You just don't F***ing like it so you're questioning the club and moaning about why you can't get what you want, and how stupid it is that a sponsor is on it. If you actually did some homework, you'd realise why.

No, I can be a fan and not pay my hard earned money to advertise for our sponsors.

Absolutely you can, and bravo. Doesn't mean the sponsors hard-earned should be for nothing because god forbid we don't sell to the couple of fans who want our training kit their way.

There's plenty like me that would happily fork over for non-sponsor training gear...the club need to evaluate the opportunity cost of that and offer some stuff without the sponsor crap on it.

I'm just gonna leave off with two things:

1) Please find below the link to the fashion page of Liverpool's online store. Something that has been there for a long time offering many options for the shopper not wanting a sponsor on their shirt.

http://store.liverpoolfc.com/fashion/mens/

Alternatively, if you need specific workout wear, go down to any sports store - there's plenty around. Of course, it won't have the bird, but you don't want sponsors anyway!

2) Closing thoughts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZDBMfe3iPE
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,380 posts | 6403 
      Reply #134: May 09, 2017 04:47:06 am
      John Henry is that you? I wasn't aware I needed your permission or endorsement to have a moan about good looking gear being ruined by splashing their hideous sponsor all over it. I know full well why they do it, I just don't like it. You can type your moneyball responses till your fingers bleed, you won't change my mind young pup. Peace.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #135: May 09, 2017 05:00:17 am
      John Henry is that you? I wasn't aware I needed your permission or endorsement to have a moan about good looking gear being ruined by splashing their hideous sponsor all over it. I know full well why they do it, I just don't like it. You can type your moneyball responses till your fingers bleed, you won't change my mind young pup. Peace.

No worries, sweet as brah.

- Young Pup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdhQWkTl1PQ
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #136: May 09, 2017 08:48:19 pm

Another pic. Looking more and more likely that this is legit.

Well it might make Gini,  look like a proper Dutch player
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #137: May 09, 2017 09:33:28 pm
      Well it might make Gini,  look like a proper Dutch player

Knowing us we'll make it look more like the bastarding RAC roadside rescue team.

Quick Reply