Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

PR Nightmares!

Read 7126 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: PR Nightmares!
      Reply #46: Mar 20, 2017 07:05:51 pm
      Really interesting thread this.

I think all clubs who have had a decent amount of success in the past and a worldwide following will have a certain type of PR at the forefront of all operations. Brand took over footy matters a long time ago.

The thing is, it's up to us as reds to get our point across and keep the kids educated. It's also up to the senior management at LFC board level to allow our point to get across, because there's definitely lower level management on off field matters who feel the same as us. There has to be.

I'm still angry at our performance against Leicester and no level of PR distraction will stop that.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #47: Mar 24, 2017 03:29:26 pm
      Anyone know why lfctv is free on sky today?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #48: Mar 24, 2017 03:33:46 pm
      Anyone know why lfctv is free on sky today?

Enjoy LFCTV free for the next 10 days

Fans can enjoy free access to everything LFCTV has to offer during the next 10 days.

Until midnight on Monday April 3, the official club channel will be available for no extra cost to Sky and Virgin Media customers only.

That means Reds supporters can tune in to see a host of star names feature for the Liverpool FC Legends against Real Madrid at Anfield on Saturday afternoon.

Watch the likes of Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher face the Spanish giants with the whole game live on LFCTV, with build-up beginning at 2pm.

The following weekend, soak up our unrivalled build-up to the Merseyside derby, with exclusive interviews and previews to the big clash with Everton on Saturday April 1.

Don’t miss a brand new series, ‘Premier League Heroes’, which premiered on Wednesday evening and is repeated regularly. The first episode focuses on the remarkable career of Reds icon Gerrard.

There’ll be special documentaries, a range of weekly shows and behind-the-scenes access you can’t find anywhere else throughout the next 10 days, too.

So, what are you waiting for? Tune in to Sky channel 429 or Virgin Media channel 544 now!

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/257356-enjoy-lfctv-free-for-the-next-10-days

Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #49: Mar 25, 2017 08:53:05 am
      Speaking to other fans, it seems that there's a distance between team and supporter that has never been bigger. Even at the heights of the start of the season we still couldn't be bothered to roll out a song for them that is on a par with 'Steve Gerrard Gerrard' or 'Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria'. And while performances and a lack of charisma on the field may have a lot to do with that, FSG's PR and engagement strategy to whore these players out to advertisers galore, trot out pre prepared media statements and generally put them on a pedestal which they haven't deserved has probably contributed to this distance than anything else. And we wonder why the atmosphere at Anfield has been so funereal of late?
      ___

Fantastic post. Couldn't agree more. I remember when I was a kid, Steve Heighway came to our school and sat with a procession of classes, just chatting to them and talking about football. It was fantastic. He didn't hide behind a curtain to be revealed like some Greek God. There were no cameras to capture our awe-struck faces. He was just there. Normal, friendly, modest. It's great that our lads visit schools and hospitals – they put a lot of hours in doing that, and they're a credit to the community – but the cynic in me can't help but think the PR bods are working overtime in the background making sure we all see it. The distance between team and fans that you mention is key. The guys who used to play when I was an impressionable kid... you had a feeling they were just like you. Normal people. Today they're pearl-toothed hairdressing models in golden chariots. If they haven't forgotten where they come from, sometimes it looks to me as if they're glad to be shut of it.

Quick Reply