Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Ronnie Moran RIP

Read 9629 times
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Re: Ronnie Moran RIP
      Reply #46: Mar 22, 2017 03:17:40 pm
      A legend of the club.

Always a servant to the needs of the club. Rest in Peace.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #47: Mar 22, 2017 03:42:45 pm
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #48: Mar 22, 2017 04:14:36 pm
      R.I.P Ronnie, a great servant of the club, and true legend.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #49: Mar 22, 2017 04:30:02 pm
      Absolutely gutted to hear the passing of Ronnie 'Bugsy' Moran, the last of the immortals,
      Ronnie Moran gave most of his life to LFC, from player to coach to interim Manager,
      Our history is steeped in success and there is absolutely no doubt that Bugsy played his part in bringing about the history we can look back on today,

He was indeed Mr Liverpool

My deepest condolences go out to his immediate family and friends.

RIP Ronnie

YNWA

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #50: Mar 22, 2017 04:51:02 pm
      Has there ever been a more successful coach?

Might just buy his book and settle down with a nice cup of tea and me slippers on.

If anyone is suited to tell a story from Shanks to Kenny, he's the man.

Any link for the book please? Thanks. I want to learn more about his influence of my beloved club.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #51: Mar 22, 2017 05:09:32 pm
      Goodnight to a true Liverpool legend, Ronnie, you will be sadly missed. Condolences to his friends, family and his Liverpool family.

YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE.

Have a good chat with Bill and Bob  :hug:

Jimsouse67

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #52: Mar 22, 2017 05:27:29 pm
      Any link for the book please? Thanks. I want to learn more about his influence of my beloved club.
      Here you go mate.
      Also another legend 'sir bob paisley'
      Autobiography is due out on may 5th.
      Same site.

Mr Liverpool: Ronnie Moran: The Official Life Story https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/191033569X/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_LnR0ybPJ38E88
      Jimsouse67

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #53: Mar 22, 2017 05:30:39 pm
      Some great tributes especially from franny lee.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments/844574445306032128?m=1
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #54: Mar 22, 2017 05:30:54 pm
      Sad to read this.RIP Mr.Moran.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #55: Mar 22, 2017 05:50:20 pm
      An abiding memory of ronnie was being able to hear him shouting from where i was on the kop
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #56: Mar 22, 2017 07:25:25 pm
      So lucky to have met this man . RIP RM   dont make them like that anymore
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #57: Mar 22, 2017 10:49:41 pm
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #58: Mar 22, 2017 10:59:03 pm
      RIP Ronnie. A true legend.

Feeling rather emotional after reading the moving posts here.
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts | 85 
      Reply #59: Mar 22, 2017 11:44:28 pm
      Without doubt one of the nicest guys Ive ever read/watched/seen and heard about at Liverpool fc. He will be sadly missed by many. My condolences to all his family, friends and fans. RIP Ronnie.
      Appreciated Keith,  you're words mean a lot
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #60: Mar 23, 2017 03:22:44 am
      Love Ronnie Moran, everything great about this club is this, he was a part of it and its no coincidence, his attitude represented what was great about this club, the work ethic, the no one person is better, the general attitude of "hey, we have a job to do".

He will be missed by not only us but a great many in the game. He was a character, a gentleman, and a stalwart of this game, and football has lost a gem not only of a great coach, but a great human being.

RIP the Legendary Liverpool Man.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #61: Mar 23, 2017 06:47:21 am
      It saddens me to hear about the death of Ronnie Moran,I saw Ronnie play when we were in the old first and second division in the 1950's and again under Shanks in the first division in the 1960's. He was Liverpool through and through and worked so well with Roy Evans as trainers and coaches of the reserves.R.I.P. Ronnie and thanks for the memories,this club owes you so much.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,276 posts | 762 
      Reply #62: Mar 23, 2017 10:23:53 am
      Great servant to the club, who truly represented the values of Liverpool FC. R.I.P Ronnie Moran.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #63: Mar 23, 2017 10:37:02 am
      Very much a big part of the successful Reds team I grew up on. His contribution can not be overplayed... a proper gent; a true great.

R.I.P Ronnie.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #64: Mar 23, 2017 07:42:28 pm
      There's an hour long interview on Radio City Talk next Tuesday or Wednesday, 9am I think. John Keith interview with Ronnie. It'll definitely be worth a listen.

Just heard a small excerpt before where Ronnie is talking about the modern game of football. He said, "football hasn't changed once you cross the white line".

How true is that. You still have to put in honest graft, be clever and have a desire to always be better to be successful. Just like the great man Ronnie always used to drill into the many great Liverpool players over the decades.
      « Last Edit: Mar 24, 2017 08:31:10 am by redkenny »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #65: Mar 23, 2017 07:56:00 pm
      Legend is a word that sometimes gets overused, but not in this case.

An absolutely fantastic club man, and an integral part of our history.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #66: Mar 24, 2017 09:08:40 am
      Read a great story from Souness about Ronnie.

"I was frightened of him," Souness admitted when speaking to Irish radio programme Off The Ball. "Let me tell you another story. We had played a Romanian team and I got involved with one of their players and I ended up doing something I shouldn't have done.

"I threw a punch at him and he had to go off. So at the end of the game - and remember this is the Iron Curtain time - but at the end of the game at Anfield, I went off the pitch and started climbing the stairs. As I'm going up the stairs I can see guy.

"He's broken his jaw, he's got ice packed into a towel and he's got it tied around his head. And I'm obviously chuckling at him. These two big guys in long leather coats appear from nowhere and start making their way towards me, up the stairs.

"Again, from nowhere, Ronnie appears. Ronnie had a massive chest! He was a great, big powerful man, Ronnie. He said to them 'Okay then, what are you going to do about it?' with some blue language thrown at them and they thought twice about confronting me.

"I was forever grateful for Ronnie preventing me from getting a back-hander that night.

"We were pretty frightened of Ronnie Moran. He wasn't a bully, don't get me wrong, he wasn't a bully but when he kicked off he could be ferocious. He'll be sorely missed."

RIP Ronnie.
      RedWilly

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #67: Mar 24, 2017 12:09:12 pm
      Read a great story from Souness about Ronnie.

"I was frightened of him," Souness admitted when speaking to Irish radio programme Off The Ball. "Let me tell you another story. We had played a Romanian team and I got involved with one of their players and I ended up doing something I shouldn't have done.

"I threw a punch at him and he had to go off. So at the end of the game - and remember this is the Iron Curtain time - but at the end of the game at Anfield, I went off the pitch and started climbing the stairs. As I'm going up the stairs I can see guy.

"He's broken his jaw, he's got ice packed into a towel and he's got it tied around his head. And I'm obviously chuckling at him. These two big guys in long leather coats appear from nowhere and start making their way towards me, up the stairs.

"Again, from nowhere, Ronnie appears. Ronnie had a massive chest! He was a great, big powerful man, Ronnie. He said to them 'Okay then, what are you going to do about it?' with some blue language thrown at them and they thought twice about confronting me.

"I was forever grateful for Ronnie preventing me from getting a back-hander that night.

"We were pretty frightened of Ronnie Moran. He wasn't a bully, don't get me wrong, he wasn't a bully but when he kicked off he could be ferocious. He'll be sorely missed."

RIP Ronnie.

Great story that. Now how much of a hard case was Ronnie that he's confronted two blokes who are willing to have a go at someone as hard as Souness and make them back off!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #68: Mar 25, 2017 01:43:54 pm
      R.I.P Sir.

Quick Reply