Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Divock Origi - Somewhere Else

Read 25012 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Divock Origi - Somewhere Else
      Mar 23, 2017 07:13:24 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Divock Origi - Somewhere Else
      Reply #1: Mar 23, 2017 07:15:51 pm
      I'm not surprised. He just hasn't done the business this year. That he has been kept on the bench and left there for the majority of matches even amidst injury problems for other players suggests just how poor he has been in training this year.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2: Mar 23, 2017 07:29:36 pm
      These stories always seem to come out on international duty
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #3: Mar 23, 2017 07:48:00 pm
      So disappointed in Origi this season really excited me this time last year looked like we had a real gem on our hands. He can't say he's not had chances this season but I can barely think of a game where he's looked up to it this season. Even when he was scoring just before Xmas he was scoring and little else. Another nail in the coffin hopefully of this buy young potential model
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4: Mar 23, 2017 07:53:52 pm
      Surprised at this if true. But as i said before, I'd rather 3 strikers instead of 4 going into next season, and with Sturridge probably leaving, we should ditch one more imo.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Mar 23, 2017 08:30:27 pm
      Surprised at this if true. But as i said before, I'd rather 3 strikers instead of 4 going into next season, and with Sturridge probably leaving, we should ditch one more imo.

Leaving us with who exactly? Firmino who is inconsistent at finishing and an injury prone player in Ings who has played about 2 games for us? IF we get rid of Origi then we'll need multiple strikers in the summer. It'll make our summer window so much more difficult.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #6: Mar 23, 2017 11:18:31 pm

Can't understand what you'd want less options?

Very strange.

If Divock leaves along with Danny I'd like us to buy at least 2 of not three strikers.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #7: Mar 24, 2017 01:00:02 am
      Leaving us with who exactly? Firmino who is inconsistent at finishing and an injury prone player in Ings who has played about 2 games for us? IF we get rid of Origi then we'll need multiple strikers in the summer. It'll make our summer window so much more difficult.

Can't understand what you'd want less options?

Very strange.

If Divock leaves along with Danny I'd like us to buy at least 2 of not three strikers.

Sturridge and Origi/Ings leaves and we end up with Origi/Ings, Firmino and new striker battling for 1 spot, don't you think that's enough? However, If we lose Sturridge, Origi AND Ings, yes, we should buy 2 new strikers!

Also, say we buy Brandt, we'll have Mane, Coutinho and? Would be better for us to buy another wide forward, someone who is most comfortable playing wide, that way, we'll also have better cover in the #10 role with Lallana or Coutinho, but also, better cover in wide positions.

So, it's not less options, and we certainly don't need 4 strikers imo.
      « Last Edit: Mar 24, 2017 01:10:21 am by PurpleMonkey »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #8: Mar 24, 2017 01:47:27 am
      Sturridge and Origi/Ings leaves and we end up with Origi/Ings, Firmino and new striker battling for 1 spot, don't you think that's enough? However, If we lose Sturridge, Origi AND Ings, yes, we should buy 2 new strikers!

Also, say we buy Brandt, we'll have Mane, Coutinho and? Would be better for us to buy another wide forward, someone who is most comfortable playing wide, that way, we'll also have better cover in the #10 role with Lallana or Coutinho, but also, better cover in wide positions.

So, it's not less options, and we certainly don't need 4 strikers imo.

But Ings has shown he can't be relied upon as a Liverpool player yet so expecting him to survive an entire season is optimistic to say the least. Also, a group of Firmino, Ings & Divock doesn't contain 1 consistent goalscorer.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #9: Mar 24, 2017 02:08:47 am
      But Ings has shown he can't be relied upon as a Liverpool player yet so expecting him to survive an entire season is optimistic to say the least. Also, a group of Firmino, Ings & Divock doesn't contain 1 consistent goalscorer.

I agree they are not your 10-15 PL GS'ers, but is there a secondary striker that can out score the main striker in any club in world football? I think Firmino and Origi/Ings would be great 2nd and 3rd choice strikers tbh. But then again, I wouldnt be against Firmino or Origi as our first choice going into next season :p I really do believe with a 2nd wide player and better left back, we'll see more space in the middle and more opportunities to score for our strikers.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #10: Mar 24, 2017 09:07:40 am
      There'll no doubt be a stampede for him if he's as good as many on here seem to think.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #11: Mar 24, 2017 09:21:44 am
      F**k knows if its true but if it is; it will be fun to watch the flip flopping fucks scramble to square the circle, if nothing else. 😆
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #12: Mar 24, 2017 11:07:02 am
      No striker has a future here. Klopp doesn't play them.

Firmino will play game after game as a sole striker, and whatever real strikers we have will continue to sit on the bench.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #13: Mar 24, 2017 11:54:47 am
      No striker has a future here. Klopp doesn't play them.

Firmino will play game after game as a sole striker, and whatever real strikers we have will continue to sit on the bench.

Yes just like Klopp never played Lewandowski or Aubameyang at Dortmund  :roll:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #14: Mar 24, 2017 11:57:22 am
      Yes just like Klopp never played Lewandowski or Aubameyang at Dortmund  :roll:

Some just like to post sh*te mate.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #15: Mar 24, 2017 12:59:30 pm
      Hasn't shown enough as of yet, doesn't need to be moaning about his chances, he needs to be buckling down and scoring, then he'd get plenty of playing time. Maybe this club is too big for him.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #16: Mar 24, 2017 01:08:08 pm
      Is his record even better then Ngogs?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17: Mar 24, 2017 01:15:45 pm
      There'll no doubt be a stampede for him if he's as good as many on here seem to think.

Really? From what I've read there's just people who think he has potential and due to lack of games or personal development (whichever side of that fence you choose to sit), he hasn't progressed this year.

The question Origi is probably asking himself is can he afford to be 3rd choice and no matter where you see him now, or in the future a season playing 3rd fiddle probably doesn't fit with anyone's idea of ideal for the lad. With Sturridge almost certainly leaving and a striker that fits into that wage bracket arriving we'd all hope it at least pushes Origi down a peg, even better if it pushes Firmino down a peg too.

A few cup games and the odd substitute appearance at 22 when you've got a few international caps to your name probably looks unappealing and I'd understand that. If we do sell him though we absolutely do need 2 more strikers due to the fact that Ings can't be relied on at all. I take PMs point about Firmino and 2 others battling out for the striker position could be healthy, but even healthier is having Firmino battling out for striker and the number 10 role. The stronger the competition for places the better it is for us in my opinion. Not in a more the merrier way, because at some point it is counter productive but we're not close to that point and in my opinion whoever leaves this summer needs replacing with better and if we manage that in 5 or 6 places then I don't think we'll be too far away next year.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #18: Mar 24, 2017 01:59:29 pm
      Really? From what I've read there's just people who think he has potential and due to lack of games or personal development (whichever side of that fence you choose to sit), he hasn't progressed this year.

There have been one or two on here suggest he's going to be better than Lukaku mate.

Not a chance of that happening as far as I'm concerned.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #19: Mar 24, 2017 02:09:44 pm
      There have been one or two on here suggest he's going to be better than Lukaku mate.

Not a chance of that happening as far as I'm concerned.

Think you've misunderstood what they were saying Si, it was clear to me that they were suggesting he could, if given enough game time, be better than Lukaku. To me there's a huge difference between that and what is being misquoted.

One of the most destructive things to having interesting debate is misquoting and then using those misquotes as a means to attack someone's arguments. It's boring to read, ends up in circular debates which ultimately go nowhere other than convoluted conflict.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #20: Mar 24, 2017 02:47:26 pm
      Think you've misunderstood what they were saying Si, it was clear to me that they were suggesting he could, if given enough game time, be better than Lukaku. To me there's a huge difference between that and what is being misquoted.

One of the most destructive things to having interesting debate is misquoting and then using those misquotes as a means to attack someone's arguments. It's boring to read, ends up in circular debates which ultimately go nowhere other than convoluted conflict.

I'm not sure there's a huge difference at all mate.

It has has been said on here that he could potentially be as good as Lukaku, now that to me is someone thinking he could reach that level.

I simply do not see that happening.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #21: Mar 24, 2017 03:23:54 pm

It has has been said on here that he could potentially be as good as Lukaku, now that to me is someone thinking he could reach that level.

There is a huge difference though?

You are right, I believe he has the potential to be as good, if not better than Lukaku which is me thinking he can reach that level (obviously), whether you believe that or not doesn't deter from the fact that it is different from saying he will be as good or better which actually  means I think he is better currently than Lukaku.
      « Last Edit: Mar 24, 2017 03:53:32 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #22: Mar 24, 2017 04:33:39 pm

I get your point mate and understand you're not far from the truth in your statement but the biggest issue I had was that you were using that to defend others who have basically said that people are going around saying Origi is world class or is/or will be better than Lukaku.

To me there's an enormous difference between a statement of fact, for instance Origi is world class, than there is someone's opinion when it is "he could become better than Lukaku if he was given games, games, games" which is really along the lines of what was said.

In either case mate I simply had issue with the people your statement seems to defend rather than yourself, so apologies if you took it that way.

Quick Reply