Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Divock Origi - Somewhere Else

Read 25008 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Divock Origi - Somewhere Else
      Reply #46: Mar 31, 2017 09:58:27 am
      No reason to ship him out. We'll definitely have Europe (hopefully CL). Ings and Origi would be reliable alternatives in those games. And if Jürgen buys a left winger, which I think he will, I think he'll juggle a lot between 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1, with Origi leading the line in the latter formation.

I hope we get a versatile forward like Inaki Williams if Sturridge is moved on.

I don't see a reason to ship him out either but I think this is more to do with Origi wanting more game time elsewhere than Klopp wanting to sell. Think I've already seen comments about how he's staying but can't remember where I saw them.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #47: Mar 31, 2017 04:47:06 pm
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #48: Apr 01, 2017 03:31:33 pm
      He's quality with potential and has time to develop. Hope he stay.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #49: Apr 02, 2017 05:26:07 pm
      i don't think he has shown enough to suggest he can be the no.1 striker.

i would keep him in the squad for now as i expect others to go (sturry, maybe ings)

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #50: Apr 02, 2017 10:54:29 pm
      i don't think he has shown enough to suggest he can be the no.1 striker.

i would keep him in the squad for now as i expect others to go (sturry, maybe ings)
      I am not sure it matters if he is the number one Striker, we just need 4 good strikers and Origi is a good striker.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #51: Apr 03, 2017 08:59:47 pm
      i forget origi is 21. people are writing him off so quickly. he still has time to develop.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #52: Apr 14, 2017 03:38:12 am
      He's a massively talented young man who knows where the goal is. He's streaky but he scores. Anybody who wants to see the back of him at this point is just being silly.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #53: Apr 14, 2017 03:48:18 am
      He's a massively talented young man who knows where the goal is. He's streaky but he scores. Anybody who wants to see the back of him at this point is just being silly.

I've seen massively talented kids at this very club who certainly knew where the goal was.

He doesn't compare. Simple as.

He's of use though, 3rd, 4th choice option.

Not over-hyping the kid is the name of this particular game.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #54: Apr 18, 2017 09:35:25 am
      Anybody who wants to see the back of him at this point is just being silly.
      He'll only be gone if Jürgen wants him gone - clearly taking it as read that Jürgen is in control btw.

We [the club] have proven that we can hold on to the best if we want to even if they want to go. ['til the money is right, obviously]. 😉
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2017 09:39:34 am by bad boy bubby »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #55: Apr 19, 2017 01:49:55 am
      I've seen massively talented kids at this very club who certainly knew where the goal was.
      Origi has been the best 21 year old at Liverpool since Michael Owen. Please don't say you think Sterling was better, he did not know where the goal was many times. Suarez made him look much better than he was. I know he turned 22 yesterday, the last game he played he was 21.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #56: May 02, 2017 12:38:20 pm
      I apologize for being a dick towards you too :p

Different opinions is not the problem, and yeah, sometimes, the silly ones deserves to be laughed and slated at, but I just wanted to get my point across that I didn't say Origi was better than Lukaku or world class, and tbh, if I had, I should expect a barrage of abuse!

Get a room you two :p

For what it's worth, I think we need to cut our losses with Origi. Yes he has bags of potential, but for whatever reason, he's just not reaching that level to be a top PL striker, which is what we need. DS looks more dangerous than he does and DS is always injured.

I feel sorry for him because he actually works his socks off whenever he plays, tracks back constantly and gives it all. But simply doesn't look like he will change games. At 22, DS was looking like a top striker, Origi doesn't sadly :(
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #57: May 02, 2017 01:05:01 pm
      Origi has been the best 21 year old at Liverpool since Michael Owen. Please don't say you think Sterling was better, he did not know where the goal was many times. Suarez made him look much better than he was. I know he turned 22 yesterday, the last game he played he was 21.

Michael Owen (the young footballer and not the manc) and Origi don't even belong in the same sentence.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #58: May 02, 2017 01:37:42 pm
      If we were to sell him I certainly wouldn't miss him. I had really high hopes for him but he's just not the caliber we need. Gets the odd good goal here and there and rides that positivity for awhile, but if he were at another club and putting in performances like this, would anyone seriously want him here?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #59: May 02, 2017 01:48:55 pm
      If we were to sell him I certainly wouldn't miss him. I had really high hopes for him but he's just not the caliber we need. Gets the odd good goal here and there and rides that positivity for awhile, but if he were at another club and putting in performances like this, would anyone seriously want him here?

No.

I'm hoping Jürgen sees something we don't because he's being given an awful lot of minutes and with that we should see a big improvement in his development but for me I just don't see where it is.

bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #60: May 02, 2017 07:04:46 pm
      Can't see Origi leaving. I wouldn't move him on anyway. He's deffo not top ot the table 1st striker standard, but he's a decent squad option. With Studge on his way, and Ings still with a huge ? mark over him ... even if we do sign another striker (which we surely have to) would still keep Divock. With injuries, Cup runs etc, we need guys who can step in to backup the 1st striker (who we haven't bought yet!).

Obviously if Klopp plans to buy 2 strikers/front men better than Divock, then consider letting him go, but don't see that happening with other positions surely more imp, and squad depth a massive problem (even with us only in 1 competition for months we're struggling).
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #61: Jun 10, 2017 04:55:34 pm
      Keep him init bud
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #62: Jun 10, 2017 04:59:45 pm
      Thoughts were Sturridge was staying?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #63: Jun 10, 2017 05:03:52 pm
      Michael Owen (the young footballer and not the manc) and Origi don't even belong in the same sentence.

Only just seen this and agree mate.

Owen is a tit but any comparisons between him and Origi at the same age is ludicrous.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #64: Jun 10, 2017 05:07:24 pm
      owen was good
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #65: Aug 31, 2017 09:01:41 pm
      Loan to Wolfsburg...... and the good bits .

Divock Origi has joined Wolfsburg on loan for the season.

The Germans will pay £6m to borrow him the campaign and also cover all of his wages, meaning it’s a financially sensible move for the Reds.

Crucially though, Liverpool have forced upon a recall clause in January, meaning if we are suffering an injury crisis, the Belgian can be brought back to Anfield if Jürgen Klopp decides.

What’s more, if he’s a massive success in the Bundesliga, there’s no set price Wolfsburg can buy him for and he’ll automatically return to Liverpool unless a separate, permanent deal is decided upon.

« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2017 09:10:16 pm by MIRO »

Quick Reply