Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mamadou Sakho to Crystal Palace

Read 50783 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho to Crystal Palace
      Reply #138: Aug 16, 2017 09:44:28 pm
      We should sign this guy. i heard hes good in the air
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #139: Aug 16, 2017 10:18:19 pm
      We should sign this guy. i heard hes good in the air

It's is shocking nobody else want's too..wonder what the rest of the football world knows?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #140: Aug 16, 2017 10:19:25 pm
      It's is shocking nobody else want's too..wonder what the rest of the football world knows?

Does make you wonder. I think he's class
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #141: Aug 16, 2017 10:21:42 pm

Must be his god awful dress sense..
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #142: Aug 16, 2017 10:21:50 pm
      Does make you wonder. I think he's class

£30,000,000 valuation for a full French international CB you would think at least a couple of opening bids would come in?

Supposedly good CB's are not easy to find...either that is total fabrication or there is something else to the story.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #143: Aug 16, 2017 10:23:53 pm
      £30,000,000 valuation for a full French international CB you would think at least a couple of opening bids would come in?

Supposedly good CB's are not easy to find...either that is total fabrication or there is something else to the story.

Or clubs are put off by his apparent lack of discipline?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #144: Aug 16, 2017 10:24:00 pm

The whole diet pill saga still feels odd. Who knows
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #145: Aug 16, 2017 10:33:34 pm

Oh I agree Si 100%
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #146: Aug 17, 2017 09:21:41 am

^ This.

I am not at all surprised Klopp has frozen him out.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #147: Aug 17, 2017 03:58:11 pm

or signing a player with a ligament injury?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #148: Aug 17, 2017 09:37:46 pm
      Or maybe just maybe he's not really  that good.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #149: Aug 17, 2017 09:48:51 pm

This is LFC, for gods sake, to everyone, we are a walkover.   They think we will sell regardless, and buy at more than premium rate.
      Well done everyone,   F**kin muppets
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #150: Aug 17, 2017 09:54:08 pm
      This is LFC, for gods sake, to everyone, we are a walkover.   They think we will sell regardless, and buy at more than premium rate.
      Well done everyone,   F**kin muppets

15 million for Ibe, 5 million for Alberto..27 million for Benteke?

I think the days of being a walkover on sales is finished.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #151: Aug 17, 2017 10:29:53 pm
      15 million for Ibe, 5 million for Alberto..27 million for Benteke?

I think the days of being a walkover on sales is finished.

The market is, £95 mil for Lukaku, £45 mil for sigudsen, and  £85 for couts, what to you is the diffrence?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #152: Aug 17, 2017 10:38:27 pm
      The market is, £95 mil for Lukaku, £45 mil for sigudsen, and  £85 for couts, what to you is the diffrence?

Well nobody even put's in a low bid for Sakho even though we have him at £30,000,000

Quite frankly I think the difference is in the quality and attitude of the  player himself moreso than the club getting walked over.

Though many will argue that Sakho is the second coming and one of the best CB's out there....he definitely gets a lot of love.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #153: Aug 17, 2017 10:54:08 pm
      Well nobody even put's in a low bid for Sakho even though we have him at £30,000,000

Quite frankly I think the difference is in the quality and attitude of the  player himself moreso than the club getting walked over.

Though many will argue that Sakho is the second coming and one of the best CB's out there....he definitely gets a lot of love.

Listen, I do not know the problem with JK  and Sakho, but as far as defending, he was/is better than what we have at the mo.
      I can't see us getting vvd this season, so why dont we put him in the window.  Klopp was a defender FFS, so why is he sticking with these guys?.   Maybe why he sticks with Gini all the time
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #154: Aug 17, 2017 11:02:21 pm
      Listen, I do not know the problem with JK  and Sakho, but as far as defending, he was/is better than what we have at the mo.

Of course that is your opinion, it would seem for a variety of reasons the manager disagrees with you...as it would seem many managers do as nobody even wants to put a low-ball bid in for him even though it's obvious we want no part of him and would be glad to be rid of.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #155: Aug 17, 2017 11:26:34 pm
      Of course that is your opinion, it would seem for a variety of reasons the manager disagrees with you...as it would seem many managers do as nobody even wants to put a low-ball bid in for him even though it's obvious we want no part of him and would be glad to be rid of.

No one's put in a low ball bid for VVD either, does that mean no one wants him and doesn't rate him?

Sakho is better than Lovren,  I think the stats even bear that out.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #156: Aug 17, 2017 11:28:10 pm
      I can't see us getting vvd this season, so why dont we put him in the window.  Klopp was a defender FFS, so why is he sticking with these guys?.   Maybe why he sticks with Gini all the time

Yes mate, he is a better defender than Lovren, for sure. Also, I think he would have been a pretty ideal compliment alongside the ball playing Matip.

IIRC, Klopp rated Sahko the player and would give him the nod but clearly he doesn't rate Sahko the character.

Look, that's his prerogative IMO. But accompanying that comes the responsibility from Klopp to replace a good defender he doesn't want.

It's been over a year now, it's left a gaping hole in our defensive options. Because of this we now see Gomez and Klavan bumped up in the pecking order, cementing Benny Lovren Hill in the starting eleven. For it to have gone on that long to my mind is criminal. Selling Sahko comes second to finding an immediate replacement, yet nothing has been done. It's become farcical now  to the point that we're so sh*t at transfers we're better off hoping that Klopp swallows some pride and kisses and makes up with Sahko; in order to bolster what has got to be one of the most disorganised defence's in the league.
      « Last Edit: Aug 18, 2017 12:08:59 am by Beerbelly »
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #157: Aug 17, 2017 11:29:33 pm
      how comes we cant shift this guy? in a season where everyone has money and people paying silly money for players we still have him on our books  :mad:

im guessing he will either go on the cheap or go on another loan.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #158: Aug 17, 2017 11:40:40 pm
      No one's put in a low ball bid for VVD either, does that mean no one wants him and doesn't rate him?

Sakho is better than Lovren,  I think the stats even bear that out.

There is a bit of a difference there FL...Soton say he is not for sale.

Sakho hasn't appeared for LFC since 2015 and was sent out on loan, he is probably 20-30 million cheaper and everybody knows we would get rid.

200 appearances for PSG/Liverpool.....27 caps for France and not a sniff at £30 million?...not even say a £20 million offer?

Hell even Crystal Palace who supposedly adore him (the supporters that is) won't go over £15,000,000

Says more to me about the player than his stats.

« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2017 11:48:26 pm by AZPatriot »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #159: Aug 18, 2017 01:13:53 am
      There is a bit of a difference there FL...Soton say he is not for sale.

Sakho hasn't appeared for LFC since 2015 and was sent out on loan, he is probably 20-30 million cheaper and everybody knows we would get rid.

200 appearances for PSG/Liverpool.....27 caps for France and not a sniff at £30 million?...not even say a £20 million offer?

Hell even Crystal Palace who supposedly adore him (the supporters that is) won't go over £15,000,000

Says more to me about the player than his stats.

Crystal Palace don't have the money though Zed. I'll be honest, I don't know why we aren't playing Sakho. That's the other thing, if we want to sell him, we should probably put him in the window.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #160: Aug 18, 2017 04:12:54 am
      Crystal Palace don't have the money though Zed. I'll be honest, I don't know why we aren't playing Sakho. That's the other thing, if we want to sell him, we should probably put him in the window.

Have we ever said he's NOT for sale, btw what is this window you speak of? Everyone knows we'd sell him but not a single offer, even cheeky one, so either every other manager is wrong about him or you are, which do you think is more likely?

Quick Reply