Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Mamadou Sakho to Crystal Palace

Read 51148 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho to Crystal Palace
      Reply #161: Aug 18, 2017 04:25:45 am
      Have we ever said he's NOT for sale, btw what is this window you speak of? Everyone knows we'd sell him but not a single offer, even cheeky one, so either every other manager is wrong about him or you are, which do you think is more likely?

Listening to TAW tonight Atkinson was saying he was talking to a CP fella who had pretty good past information regarding that club.

The issue for them is not the transfer fee its his wages £105/week not easy for them so they are looking for cheaper options though if they can't find anyone suitable he expects them to pull the trigger and eat the wages.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #162: Aug 18, 2017 07:11:47 am
      There is a bit of a difference there FL...Soton say he is not for sale.

Sakho hasn't appeared for LFC since 2015 and was sent out on loan, he is probably 20-30 million cheaper and everybody knows we would get rid.

200 appearances for PSG/Liverpool.....27 caps for France and not a sniff at £30 million?...not even say a £20 million offer?

Hell even Crystal Palace who supposedly adore him (the supporters that is) won't go over £15,000,000

Says more to me about the player than his stats.
      He may be a better defender than any that the team currently has, but for what the team was looking to sell him for, and the wages he is on, no one is going to bother looking at him when you can get better outside there for slightly more in fee, and less in wage.

However, at the end of the day, the team overvalued some of the players it looked to sell. Looking to get £30M for Sakho, £20M for Markovic and looking to bank what was it? £12M for Moreno? All these did not pan out as teams that may have been interested in signing these players started looking elsewhere for players. Napoli got Mario Rui, Watford signed Richalison, and Crystal Palace are looking at Calum Chambers.

His attitude issues and lack of discipline were also there in his time at PSG as Jonathan Johnson once wrote for ESPN

http://kwese.espn.com/football/blog/name/93/post/1852629/headline
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6939 
      Reply #163: Aug 18, 2017 10:13:22 am
      Let's face it - most players character can be called into question.  I find it hard to square Sakho's alleged misdemeanours with Coutinho handing in a transfer request - yet if he's still here on September 2nd then Coutinho will no doubt be parachuted straight back into the team with everything forgotten.

Sakho should be playing ahead of Lovren.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #164: Aug 18, 2017 10:34:07 am
      Let's face it - most players character can be called into question.  I find it hard to square Sakho's alleged misdemeanours with Coutinho handing in a transfer request - yet if he's still here on September 2nd then Coutinho will no doubt be parachuted straight back into the team with everything forgotten.

I agree that a lot of footballers are probably pricks in one way or another and to a certain degree have to be to reach the top of the game but Sakho must be some sort of uber-tw*t for Klopp do not even consider bringing him back into the fold because there is little doubt he is at least on the same level as Lovren, if not quite a lot better.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #165: Aug 18, 2017 12:01:55 pm
      To be fair to coutinho he said he wanted to leave we said no. He handed in a transfer request we said no. Nothing has happened since

Sakho got sent home for poor discipline from tour missed the final of the europa potentially costing the team a place in the champions league through a fail drugs test. Just because it was later deemed this drug shouldn't be on the banned list truth is it was and sakho and his advisors should have known this.

At the moment sakho is injured and unavailable to try and work his way into klopps plans I believe.

I don't really see the sakho and coutinho situations as comparable
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,310 posts | 6374 
      Reply #166: Aug 18, 2017 12:57:50 pm
      To be fair to coutinho he said he wanted to leave we said no. He handed in a transfer request we said no. Nothing has happened since

Sakho got sent home for poor discipline from tour missed the final of the europa potentially costing the team a place in the champions league through a fail drugs test. Just because it was later deemed this drug shouldn't be on the banned list truth is it was and sakho and his advisors should have known this.

At the moment sakho is injured and unavailable to try and work his way into klopps plans I believe.

I don't really see the sakho and coutinho situations as comparable

Wait, so the fact that Phil put in his request right before our season opener and missed our CL game with an "injury" and has become a huge distraction doesn't matter? But Sakho's antics deserve a footballers death penalty?

Ok :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #167: Aug 18, 2017 01:02:52 pm
      Pressures being ramped up by the Echo to return him to the squad, guess he'll be like another new signing if Klopp bites.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #168: Aug 18, 2017 01:15:34 pm
      Pressures being ramped up by the Echo to return him to the squad, guess he'll be like another new signing if Klopp bites.

if we don't sign a new CB then Klopp won't have a choice will he?
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #169: Aug 18, 2017 01:16:04 pm
      No, the timing of coutinho putting in the transfer request was bad. But In plain view and I imagine he will have spoken to klopp about his wish to leave before that decision.  By all acounts his back injury is real so can't be used against him in this.

I guess the main difference is sakho could have been banned for years if he hadn't managed to escape punishment for his own actions, which is much worse than going through the official way of trying to leave the club.

As a side note on this how is coutinho's timing any worse than sakho's? look when he got suspended and the potential impact
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #170: Aug 18, 2017 01:21:36 pm
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #171: Aug 18, 2017 01:43:49 pm

He should be but it's not the first time he has acted unprofessional. I remember Rodgers was unhappy that he came back to preseason over weight once, or out of shape. Plus as someone as linked, some attitude problems at Paris.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #172: Aug 18, 2017 01:55:43 pm
      He should be but it's not the first time he has acted unprofessional. I remember Rodgers was unhappy that he came back to preseason over weight once, or out of shape. Plus as someone as linked, some attitude problems at Paris.

Yep, then there was storming out of the stadium when not selected for the Derby. Not turning up for a team meal, missing a flight, and the inference that there is at least one more disciplinary problem as I heard there were 3 in preseason alone.

I also know Mama got found innocent with regards taking the fat burners as they weren't on the banned list, but it did seem a bit like we swerved that on a technicality and all the speculation at the time seemed to suggest that he hadn't informed the club he was taking them which forced him to miss the EL final.

So that's 3 different managers who've cited disciplinary problems, it's not an isolated incident it's consistent and repeated. Sure some will look at Phil's single incident, albeit prolonged, as worse than any of Mama's in isolation but I don't. I see the motive, I understand the motive and while not agreeing with it I think once that window shuts the players could welcome him back far more easily. The person it seems who can't is Jürgen and that I believe is a major issue because he could easily be given the Mama treatment and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #173: Aug 18, 2017 02:00:00 pm
      he could easily be given the Mama treatment and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is.

If that was on the radar, we'd have took Barca's cash, i'm sure its been discussed at highest level to avoid a repeat.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #174: Aug 18, 2017 02:06:12 pm
      Teams care less about his 'attitude' than they do his cost... be under no illusions about that. 😉
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #175: Aug 18, 2017 02:07:42 pm
      If that was on the radar, we'd have took Barca's cash, i'm sure its been discussed at highest level to avoid a repeat.

I'm not so sure Daz, to me it seems like Jürgen and the top brass are completely at odds with this one. They can't and wont influence his team choices (or perhaps I should say he wouldn't accept that) or match day squad selection, could easily be his way of sticking it to them if they want to impose decisions on him.

I'd prefer they simply respect the manager's wishes, go get Draxler and draw a line under this or it could become quite ugly.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #176: Aug 18, 2017 02:14:06 pm
      I'd prefer they simply respect the manager's wishes, go get Draxler and draw a line under this or it could become quite ugly.

I think if Klopp didn't want Phil here, he'd be sold mate no doubt about it.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #177: Aug 18, 2017 02:24:16 pm
      I think if Klopp didn't want Phil here, he'd be sold mate no doubt about it.

Hope you're right mate, I really do.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #178: Aug 18, 2017 02:31:30 pm
      Hope you're right mate, I really do.

£20M (what we paid) playing under 23's on loan etc is not comparable to almost five times that amount we were offered for Phil.

It would have been accepted and a replacement signed to placate fans, even if the club made some £60/£50m profit.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #179: Aug 18, 2017 04:20:24 pm
      West Brom are interested.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #180: Aug 18, 2017 04:34:19 pm
      Whether he's better than Lovren is subjective. Less rash and more athletic perhaps but more positionally vulnerable too.

Our defensive woes and inability to sign another quality cb are clouding people's memories. He wasn't nailed on when the choice was him or Kolo..........

Regardless of whether he's slightly less substandard than Dejan what is absolute is that he's not good enough.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #181: Aug 18, 2017 04:54:47 pm
      Whether he's better than Lovren is subjective. Less rash and more athletic perhaps but more positionally vulnerable too.

Our defensive woes and inability to sign another quality cb are clouding people's memories. He wasn't nailed on when the choice was him or Kolo..........

Regardless of whether he's slightly less substandard than Dejan what is absolute is that he's not good enough.
      Just being considered as an alternative to Kolo is a massive. Kolo is fantastic, just ask Brendan Rodgers.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,310 posts | 6374 
      Reply #182: Aug 18, 2017 05:08:48 pm

I don't remember Sakho hardly ever starting on the bench when he was fit. He was first choice most games.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #183: Aug 18, 2017 05:46:11 pm
      I don't remember Sakho hardly ever starting on the bench when he was fit. He was first choice most games.

I didn't say hardly ever FL - I said he wasn't nailed on under BR or Jürgen.

Perm 2 from 3 and there was a fair bit of rotation.

Quick Reply