Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Mamadou Sakho to Crystal Palace

Read 50821 times
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 844 posts | 235 
      Mamadou Sakho to Crystal Palace
      Mar 28, 2017 04:15:19 pm
      Just read that it looks like Chelsea are going after Van Dijk from Southampton, who will replace him with Sakho. Why don't we tell Southampton that we won't sell Sakho unless we get Van Dijk?
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2017 07:17:43 pm by RedPuppy, Reason: Title change. »
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: Sakho
      Reply #1: Mar 28, 2017 06:20:49 pm
      Just read that it looks like Chelsea are going after Van Dijk from Southampton, who will replace him with Sakho. Why don't we tell Southampton that we won't sell Sakho unless we get Van Dijk?

Because we are F***ing clueless when it comes to making deals.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2: Mar 28, 2017 09:41:04 pm
      Was sort of hoping he would end up back with us.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #3: Mar 28, 2017 09:52:25 pm
      Personally I'd like to see Sakho and Van Dijk with is next season, we need 2 players for every position to be competing for the league and champions league. That would really show we have ambition, but there's no chance of a bidding match with Chelsea.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4: Mar 29, 2017 12:57:32 pm
      Really couldn't care less what is happening with the chavs or Sakho.

Klopp is the man, and will buy another class CB this summer to supplement ours and a better LB as well.

Probably players we have never heard off from the German league. ;-)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5: Mar 29, 2017 04:49:20 pm
      Why isn't this in the Player Thread ?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6: Mar 29, 2017 05:21:21 pm
      Was sort of hoping he would end up back with us.

Same here.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,114 posts | 4878 
      Reply #7: Mar 29, 2017 06:39:36 pm

I'd have liked it to have happened but never though it was going to.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 844 posts | 235 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho to (Southampton)
      Reply #8: Mar 29, 2017 10:50:33 pm
      Why isn't this in the Player Thread ?

Because it is important the squad, not just about the player.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #9: Mar 30, 2017 02:42:06 am
      Think player and manager need to find a way to rebuild bridges and get Sakho back in the team. If Klopp is so renowned as a motivator and developer of men, show us how it works and get Sakho sorted.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10: Mar 30, 2017 11:20:42 am
      Or we could hold Southampton to ransom and make them over pay for once.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #11: Apr 02, 2017 05:27:51 pm
      Or we could hold Southampton to ransom and make them over pay for once.

we paid close to £20 mill - we will be lucky to break even given our poor transfer negotiations....despite the prem being worth alot more now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #12: Apr 03, 2017 02:05:07 pm
      Liverpool will demand £30m for Mamadou Sakho this summer

Liverpool are hoping to benefit from Mamadou Sakho’s loan spell at Crystal Palace by demanding as much as £30m for the defender this summer.

The French international has been in impressive form since moving to the Eagles on loan in January, helping spark a significant upturn in form for Sam Allardyce’s side.

Sakho starred as Palace won at leaders Chelsea on Saturday, and Liverpool plan to cash in on the 27-year-old’s form by offloading him at a profit at the end of the campaign.

The Reds are already aware of interest from both Napoli and Southampton, both of whom are expected to lose first-choice centre backs – Kalidou Koulibaly and Virgil Van Dijk – in the summer.

A number of other Premier League clubs, as well as some in La Liga and Serie A, are monitoring Sakho’s situation too, and Liverpool are hopeful they will be able to demand even more than the £20m they asked for in January. Palace did not agree a right-to-buy clause when securing Sakho’s loan deal earlier in the year.

Sakho, despite his successful return to competitive action, has no future at Anfield and will be allowed to leave once the right offer comes in.

The former Paris Saint-Germain star fell out with manager Jürgen Klopp last summer, and has not featured for the Reds since April 2016.

Liverpool believe they showed last summer that they are able to command high fees for players who are surplus to requirements.

Christian Benteke joined Palace for an initial £27m, while the likes of Joe Allen and Jordon Ibe were also sold for good money given their status as squad players at best.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-demand-30m-mamadou-sakho-12834436
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #13: Apr 03, 2017 06:57:52 pm
      £30m eh? 🤔

I wonder if we will go looking for another centre half (deemed good enough to be in that bracket or better) or will that depend on CL qualification?

Assuming our defence needs strengthening of course.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #14: Apr 03, 2017 07:01:02 pm
      If we can get £30M which I doubt that would be a great deal, plenty of German talent for less than that.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #15: Apr 03, 2017 07:19:00 pm
      If we can get £30M which I doubt that would be a great deal, plenty of German talent for less than that.

It's an intriguing one this because while the talent of Sakho makes our hand strong the position we've placed ourselves in with disciplining him so publicly weakens it also.

It's understandable that Jürgen has seemingly softened that approach now he is on loan, no doubt with a view to changing tact a little to the media. So while I see no way back for Mama I do think we might hear a few whispers that Jürgen "has been very impressed" and "has noticed a slight change in attitude" or some BS like that along the way.

£30m is a very good fee for a CB and if we do get that we should have plenty to choose from. I'm happy with the 3 we have in Matip, Lovren, Klavan (as back-up) but I am worried about the injury record of Lovren and the obvious injury troubles that young Gomez has. Sure Lucas and Emre can slot in back there but we will definitely need at least one extra going forward, be very interesting which side Jürgen chooses to focus on. Both Lovren and Matip can play RCB so I'd guess it will be yet another LCB that we'll be after, been like a bit of a revolving door in that position.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16: Apr 03, 2017 07:34:14 pm
      I just don't get how all the pundits think Van Dijk is worth £50m yet we were supposedly out of order for asking for as close to £20m as possible in the summer :D.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #17: Apr 03, 2017 07:53:14 pm
      I just don't get how all the pundits think Van Dijk is worth £50m yet we were supposedly out of order for asking for as close to £20m as possible in the summer :D.

Crazy isn't it? And I actually think Sakho is the better defender!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #18: Apr 04, 2017 09:31:53 am

The 'market value' of both players will be determined by only one thing... the price at which both, the seller will sell and the buyer will pay in an open, competitive market

We will undoubtedly see who's more sought after come May.

What leaves a player less desirable than another; F**k knows (for sure) but there's usually a good reason.

Listen; as long as we strenghten... see ya Mama.

Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #19: Apr 04, 2017 09:02:18 pm
      Surely if there's truth to this rumour it puts us in a stronger position to get Van Dijk (providing he's an actual target too of course...)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #21: Apr 09, 2017 05:40:47 pm
      Bring him back boss!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly