Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mamadou Sakho to Crystal Palace

Read 50793 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Mamadou Sakho to (Southampton)
      Reply #23: Apr 09, 2017 05:49:42 pm
      What you could have done Sakho after your brilliant opening was said, I made a mistake, I intend to spend the remainder of the season working hard to show ive learned from it and when my loan deal ends I intend to apologise to Jürgen Klopp and the lads who i've let down to try & salvage my LFC career.. Then i'll bring about world peace, end famine yada yada yada..

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #24: Apr 09, 2017 05:50:13 pm

Why not if you don't mind my asking?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Apr 09, 2017 05:53:08 pm

I would.

3 very good reasons to.

1. Gomez
      2. Klavan
      3. Lovren
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #26: Apr 09, 2017 06:06:40 pm

I can see both sides to this but I'm happy to trust Jürgen to make the right choice but I would say that what Mama says there doesn't exactly ring true to what the reports were. I've heard from a few of the reliable journos that he broke discipline rules on 3 separate occasions. Once for training, once for a flight (could be linked I suppose) and once for a team meal so to me Mama is underplaying his side of things.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #27: Apr 09, 2017 06:28:52 pm
       I really don't think Klopp would throw a very good player away just because he was late 2-3 times? You know what I think, perhaps Klopp is not a fan of clowns/jokers, Moreno comes across as one, doesn't he? So does Sakho (his social media suggests so).  I suspect it could be a personality clash and the reason why Klopp just doesn't like Sakho and happy to rid?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #28: Apr 09, 2017 07:34:54 pm
      Luis Suarez bit someone and people were clamouring for him to be forgiven so long as he was still able to play for us.....but because Sakho isn't world class I guess the standard is different.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #29: Apr 09, 2017 08:35:33 pm
      Why not if you don't mind my asking?

Because if I'm him I'd want the squad to know that once you cross a line you cross it.

Klopp has a very hands on style with the players and with that style I think you have to make a point sometime to show it isn't all smiles and hugs.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30: Apr 09, 2017 08:48:06 pm
      Luis Suarez bit someone and people were clamouring for him to be forgiven so long as he was still able to play for us.....but because Sakho isn't world class I guess the standard is different.

Not true mate, I think Sakho is one of the best CBs in the league, but as Si says there's a level of discipline expected. When he was dropped by Brendan I was disappointed with his behaviour on leaving the stadium but he apologised and therefore earned a second chance.

The thing with apologies they're meaningless unless your actions indicate you were truly sorry and in behaving again in a disrespectful way towards his manager and team-mates then he really nullifies that apology in my book. So I'd understand if Jürgen found it very difficult to swallow another plea for forgiveness.

In terms of Suarez I saw that completely differently, I saw that as a lad who was wound up so tight by all the media attention and the Evra crap that he just snapped a little. I personally see that as less of an offence than what Mama did because in the heat on the moment we all can do a pretty stupid thing but to be late 3 times is consistent and much more time to consider your actions if you know what I mean. Also Suarez was in a strange way of looking at things was doing his 'crime' in the line of duty, where Mama clearly wasn't.

So to me the two aren't actually comparable, perhaps to you they are.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #31: Apr 09, 2017 09:22:00 pm
      Not true mate, I think Sakho is one of the best CBs in the league, but as Si says there's a level of discipline expected. When he was dropped by Brendan I was disappointed with his behaviour on leaving the stadium but he apologised and therefore earned a second chance.

The thing with apologies they're meaningless unless your actions indicate you were truly sorry and in behaving again in a disrespectful way towards his manager and team-mates then he really nullifies that apology in my book. So I'd understand if Jürgen found it very difficult to swallow another plea for forgiveness.

In terms of Suarez I saw that completely differently, I saw that as a lad who was wound up so tight by all the media attention and the Evra crap that he just snapped a little. I personally see that as less of an offence than what Mama did because in the heat on the moment we all can do a pretty stupid thing but to be late 3 times is consistent and much more time to consider your actions if you know what I mean. Also Suarez was in a strange way of looking at things was doing his 'crime' in the line of duty, where Mama clearly wasn't.

So to me the two aren't actually comparable, perhaps to you they are.

If I'm being honest, what Suarez did was worse for me. It means much more detrimental to the team and to the club. But, Jürgen is going to do what he's going to do. Just seems like a waste to have that good of a player and not be able to figure out how to get him to stay in line.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #32: Apr 09, 2017 09:27:47 pm
      I think he's put the wrong quotes out, there.

Seems to be playing on the supporters who want him back and slightly trying to back Klopp into a corner.

Won't end well.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #33: Apr 09, 2017 09:33:32 pm
      The manager doesn't fancy him at all. I get the impression it's about more than "arriving late to training". Attitude in general probably.

Southampton are a good club, although I think he could get a move to a bigger club (in Italy, just got a feeling). If not and we're in negotiations with the Saints, then it makes eminent sense to bring (Dick) Van Dijk into the bargaining.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #34: Apr 09, 2017 10:53:12 pm
      I think he's put the wrong quotes out, there.

Seems to be playing on the supporters who want him back and slightly trying to back Klopp into a corner.

Won't end well.

I don't get why he's going on as if all he did wrong was turn up late for training. There's obviously more to it and the more he talks about it the less chance he has of Klopp keeping him around. Just keep quiet, go about your business on the pitch and everything else will fall into place. 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #35: Apr 09, 2017 11:24:28 pm

Suarez does some crazy things, on the pitch that is, and only ever in the heat of a moment.

Outside of those occasional moments of madness he is a model professional when it comes to training and respecting the manager.

Sakho lacks both discpline and respect for his manager.

That's the difference.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #36: Apr 09, 2017 11:34:28 pm
      Suarez does some crazy things, on the pitch that is, and only ever in the heat of a moment.

Outside of those occasional moments of madness he is a model professional when it comes to training and respecting the manager.

Sakho lacks both discpline and respect for his manager.

That's the difference.

We don't know what Sakho lacks because we only know the media's side of the story. Sakho's comments still sound like someone trying to rebut what has been reported by the media. I agree he's not coming across well as it sounds like he's trying to stick up for himself via the media, but he's also being lambasted through the media so I'm not going to judge the situation. I still think it would be handled differently if this were one of our star players.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #37: Apr 10, 2017 12:35:40 am
      We don't know what Sakho lacks because we only know the media's side of the story. Sakho's comments still sound like someone trying to rebut what has been reported by the media. I agree he's not coming across well as it sounds like he's trying to stick up for himself via the media, but he's also being lambasted through the media so I'm not going to judge the situation. I still think it would be handled differently if this were one of our star players.

Many, myself included, think he is our best CB so you could argue this does involve one of our star players.

Not as if Jürgen is making an example of a Moreno or a Klavan.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #38: Apr 10, 2017 09:34:01 am
      Because if I'm him I'd want the squad to know that once you cross a line you cross it.

Fair enough Si but you know and I know that when BR disciplined the same man [for maybe the same issues, who knows?] he was accused of hounding Mama out.

It's probably very disingenuous to suggest that Sakho hasn't apologised, if we are being honest but here's the rub...

Jürgen does not want him and that's all that matters. Even if you had the odd one or two demand that the (then) boss picked a player he didn't want - think BR and 'super' Mario, if it helps.

Good enough then; good enough now and vice F***ing versa, of course 😉

« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2017 09:43:08 am by bad boy bubby »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39: Apr 10, 2017 02:36:13 pm
      I'd  really like to know what REALLY went on between Sakho and Klopp. Doubt Beale  has any agenda as he's moved on but he's got some interesting comments.....

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/04/ex-coach-liverpool-still-need-mamadou-sakho-reveals-players-outstanding-attitude/
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #40: Apr 10, 2017 04:24:01 pm
      I'd really like to know what REALLY went on between Sakho and Klopp. Doubt Beale  has any agenda as he's moved on but he's got some interesting comments.....

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/04/ex-coach-liverpool-still-need-mamadou-sakho-reveals-players-outstanding-attitude/

It doesn't surprise me that Sakho behaved like that when he was with the under-23's but that doesn't mean he didn't do something wrong when he and Klopp fell out. Beale wouldn't have known anything about it and it was probably right that he wasn't involved.

I just wish the media would leave the issue alone or Sakho would stop finding it necessary to comment on the situation (whichever it is) because it's going to result in Sakho leaving.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #41: Apr 10, 2017 06:39:36 pm
      I'd  really like to know what REALLY went on between Sakho and Klopp. Doubt Beale  has any agenda as he's moved on but he's got some interesting comments.....

It's not just being late for practice (on more than one occasion), it was also late for the plane, late for a team dinner, f**king off in San Francisco.

I don't think he is a bad fella but I think he has crossed that line of being unprofessional more than once; and even though the ban was lifted he still took a substance without letting the team know.

It might just be the gaffer has had enough and an example needed to be made for the benefit of the whole club.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #42: Apr 10, 2017 06:46:09 pm
      It's not just being late for practice (on more than one occasion), it was also late for the plane, late for a team dinner, f**king off in San Francisco.

I don't think he is a bad fella but I think he has crossed that line of being unprofessional more than once; and even though the ban was lifted he still took a substance without letting the team know.

It might just be the gaffer has had enough and an example needed to be made for the benefit of the whole club.

It will stem from the diet pills debacle, I'm sure Klopp would have been incredulous one of his players was taking supplements without running it past the medical team. Who knows the difference Sakho may have made against Sevilla Kolo was blowing out his arse end that second half and can't get a game for Celtic at the moment. If after that he's then reported with anything short an exemplary attitude sparks we're going to fly...shame still
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #43: Apr 10, 2017 06:50:05 pm
      People change, especially after a harsh lesson like the one Klopp has given Sakho.

He's too good for Palace, that's for sure, and I'd have no problems with him coming back as long as he behaved.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #44: Apr 10, 2017 07:03:01 pm
      People change, especially after a harsh lesson like the one Klopp has given Sakho.

He's too good for Palace, that's for sure, and I'd have no problems with him coming back as long as he behaved.

The thing is, he was like this at PSG so he hasn't changed much really since his early days there. I'd have no problem with him coming back but he has to find a way to keep the weight off in the long term too - that seems to have been a problem for him since forever. 
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #45: Apr 10, 2017 07:09:28 pm
      The thing is, he was like this at PSG so he hasn't changed much really since his early days there. I'd have no problem with him coming back but he has to find a way to keep the weight off in the long term too - that seems to have been a problem for him since forever. 

Exactly, and I'm quite sure Rodgers had problems with him too.

Quick Reply