Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Mamadou Sakho to Crystal Palace

Read 50800 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho to (Southampton)
      Reply #92: Apr 19, 2017 10:40:41 am
      Not arsed if he stays or goes really.

He's a good defender but we were hardly brilliant at the back when he was here and at the end of the day the lad has broken the rules 3 times under 2 different managers so it's completely understandable if there's no future for him here.

If Jürgen did want to give him another chance then that's fine by me as well, more money to spend in other areas.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #94: May 15, 2017 10:10:39 pm
      Swap for Zaha ??? 
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #95: May 16, 2017 11:11:41 am
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #96: May 16, 2017 12:05:47 pm

Zaha plus 10m and we'll give them Sakho.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #97: May 16, 2017 01:21:37 pm
      Zaha plus 10m and we'll give them Sakho.

We'll never get that although I like your thinking :D. Their asking price for Zaha will have gone up after the good season he has had.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #98: May 16, 2017 02:10:03 pm
      Wasn't happy with the idea of him leaving but if we can get 30m for him and a guaranteed replacement in Van Dijk, i'd be happy.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #99: May 16, 2017 03:07:43 pm

Nah just take their cash instead.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho to Crystal Palace
      Reply #100: May 23, 2017 01:28:18 pm
      Nah just take their cash instead.

Why? Zaha on the left and Mane on the right would be a good attacking forwards.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #101: May 23, 2017 01:31:17 pm

Salah or Dug Costa would be better :D
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #102: May 23, 2017 04:56:27 pm

Zaha is in no way good enough

full stop.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #103: May 23, 2017 05:57:58 pm
      Zaha is in no way good enough

full stop.

Oh but he is
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #104: May 23, 2017 07:12:10 pm

He is good enough.  7 goals and 9 assists this season.  He would have better stats in our team as we are far more attack oriented and score more goals than Palace.  It would also piss the Mancs off something fierce if he came here and set the league on fire!! 

Footie aside -- prayers for the victims in Manchester. 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #105: May 23, 2017 07:55:17 pm
      Who, if anyone, would you start him in front off mate or would he be signed as a 'filler'?

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #106: May 23, 2017 09:02:34 pm
      Who, if anyone, would you start him in front off mate or would he be signed as a 'filler'?

Can

Gini Phil

Mane Firmino Zaha

I like I've seen of him Mouse although I don't see much European football these days so not sure who we could get that is a better player.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #107: May 23, 2017 09:25:12 pm
      Can

Gini Phil

Mane **ST** Zaha

I like I've seen of him Mouse although I don't see much European football these days so not sure who we could get that is a better player.

This.  Can and Hendo rotate at CDM.  Gini, Lallana, and Coutinho rotate at CM.  Zaha slots in at LW.  The new ST puts Bobby as rotation for the front 3. 

However, it doesn't appear Jürgen wants Zaha (not based on rumors/reports) so it doesn't really matter 😎
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #108: May 23, 2017 09:31:00 pm

Depends, if Coutinho is done with his experiment playing out wide, I bring Zaha in to fill that void, move Coutinho to the center and sit Gini for Phil.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #109: May 24, 2017 08:52:48 am
      Depends, if Coutinho is done with his experiment playing out wide, I bring Zaha in to fill that void, move Coutinho to the center and sit Gini for Phil.

Me?

I honestly believe that Zaha, Ox-C and their ilk (okay, a bit above average) aren't the level of players Jürgen had in mind when he suggested we need "quality" "to perform at the highest level".

As such I do not see this link as anything serious - not yet anyhow. Maybe if we miss out on two or three before him but not now surely.

In my opinion - if one wants to replace Lallana and or Firmino, in a starting XI, you do it by signing someone better. Zaha isn't better, in my opinion obviously. An Aubameyang type is...

And the bench, along with the 1st XI, becomes  automatically strengthened with proper depth.

I believe that we must aim and are aiming higher than Zaha. 😎
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2017 09:19:16 am by bad boy bubby »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #110: May 24, 2017 09:42:23 am
      Me?

I honestly believe that Zaha, Ox-C and their ilk (okay, a bit above average) aren't the level of players Jürgen had in mind when he suggested we need "quality" "to perform at the highest level".

As such I do not see this link as anything serious - not yet anyhow. Maybe if we miss out on two or three before him but not now surely.

In my opinion - if one wants to replace Lallana and or Firmino, in a starting XI, you do it by signing someone better. Zaha isn't better, in my opinion obviously. An Aubameyang type is...

And the bench, along with the 1st XI, becomes  automatically strengthened with proper depth.

I believe that we must aim and are aiming higher than Zaha. 😎

Don't get me wrong the lad is growing on me after this season, but if Spurs want to go and spend £30m-£35m on this guy as their first choice then let them go ahead and do it but there's got to be better out there and some could turn out cheaper.

It was his only really good season at this level. Before the 16/17 season he had 6 goals & 8 assists in 79 Prem games. Somebody could easily spend 35m on him and then watch as he goes back to being average most games. That's one of the main problems when you're buying somebody based off of one good season.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #111: May 24, 2017 03:39:24 pm
      Luis Suarez bit someone and people were clamouring for him to be forgiven so long as he was still able to play for us.....but because Sakho isn't world class I guess the standard is different.

Yep. I don't see an issue with this mentality. Suarez nearly won us the league and spurred the whole team on to give it 100% week in week out, we can forgive his occasional bouts of cannibalism. Sakho, as good as he was, agued with management, was late for training sessions and set a bad example to the team...of f you go sunshine...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #112: May 24, 2017 05:08:23 pm
      Talk of Lyon keen on Sakho.....
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #113: May 25, 2017 11:57:32 pm
      I love sakho. He plays like a pregnant giraffe but I just love him.

He has been a bit of a prat behind the scenes but whenever he has played for us I  always thought he gave everything.

He's not everybody's cup of tea but I rate him, highly, and he was impressive at palace too. Him and matip would be some pairing I think. He is a better defender than lovren for me.

Can't see him staying though. Sad. He will be a beast for whoever he signs for and hopefully we will get 30+ for him.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #114: May 31, 2017 05:04:59 pm
      However, it doesn't appear Jürgen wants Zaha (not based on rumors/reports) so it doesn't really matter 😎
      And you (without a pinch of salt in sight) obviously believe those "rumours/reports" Harry.  😁
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2017 05:13:50 pm by bad boy bubby »

Quick Reply