Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Chinese Super League

Read 7715 times
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 419 posts | 47 
      Chinese Super League
      Jul 26, 2016 10:15:09 am
      Sky sports now showing Chinese football, no idea what the standard is like but its likely to get a lot better over the next few years!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10512505/chinese-super-league-to-be-shown-on-sky-sports

Chinese Super League to be shown on Sky Sports

Sky Sports has added yet another competition to its unrivalled schedule of live football with the addition of the Ping An Chinese Football Association Super League (CSL).

Sky Sports has secured the rights for the next three seasons to a league that already features a number of names familiar to Premier League fans, with former Chelsea midfielder Ramires joined by Obafemi Martins - once of Newcastle United - Gervinho, who played for Arsenal, and recent signing from Southampton Graziano Pelle.

The CSL adds even more depth to the live football on offer to Sky Sports viewers, who can already look forward to more Premier League games than ever before this season, including Friday nights for the first time.

Sky Sports is also the home of Sky Bet EFL, with 127 live games, as well as showing more than 300 matches from Spain's La Liga, the return of Old Firm games in Scotland, and FIFA 2018 World Cup qualifiers.

"This is more great news for football fans as we get set for our biggest ever season on Sky Sports," said Sky Sports head of football Gary Hughes said:

"The Ping An Chinese Super League is attracting players from Europe and is creating a really exciting competition that will only add to an incredible line-up of live football on Sky Sports."

The first match to be shown on Saturday July 30 could see former Newcastle United forward Martins in action when Shanghai Greenland Shenhua face Jiangsu Suning.

Then on Sunday, Guangzhou R&F take on ex-England manager Sven Goran Eriksson's side Shanghai SIPG, both games will be shown on Sky Sports 3 from 12.30pm.

The CSL runs from March to November with 16 teams competing for the title, and Sky Sports will show the action live through to 2018.

Opening Chinese Super League fixtures:

Saturday July 30: Shanghai Shenhua v Jiangsu Suning (12.30pm, Sky Sports 3)

Sunday July 31: Guangzhou R&F v Shanghai SIPG (12.30pm, Sky Sports 3)                                   

Saturday August 13: Shanghai Shenhua v Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao (12.30pm)

Sunday August 14: Hebei China Fortune v Liaoning (12.30pm)

biki
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 419 posts | 47 
      Re: Chinese Super League
      Reply #1: Jul 26, 2016 01:48:33 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10512665/chinas-signings-assessed

An update on some of the big name players already out there.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2: Jul 26, 2016 02:03:28 pm
      Hopefully soon to be featuring Mario Balotelli
      biki
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #3: Jul 26, 2016 02:44:36 pm
      Hopefully, you have it pretty bad when even China aren't coming in for a big name player!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4: Jul 26, 2016 03:23:27 pm
      Hopefully soon to be featuring Mario Balotelli

Their transfer window is shut isn't it?

I find it hilarious how Sky say they have an "unrivalled schedule of live football" when BT Sport have contracts for:
      - Premier League (granted not as much)
      - FA Cup
      - A-League (Australia)
      - Bundesliga
      - Serie A
      - Champions League
      - Europa League
      - Ligue 1
      - Primeira League (Portugal)
      - Brasileirao (Brazil)
      - Swiss Super League

I'd say they're more than rivaled, wake up Sky you idiots! It reminds me of the time when Sky spent so much money promoting their new Sky Europe channel or whatever it was called but had to scrap it all when BT Sport left them with just the Dutch league :lmao:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #5: Jul 27, 2016 02:37:30 pm
      I have had a few bets on league games (bet365) and therefore watched the games. It's really boring but the squeals of delight from fans would have you believing it was hectic end to end stuff.

Without a bet I'll never watch it.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6: Jul 28, 2016 05:04:56 pm
      How does Sven keep getting these big money jobs in sh*t leagues or with sh*t international teams?

One of footballs greatest chancers.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7: Jul 28, 2016 08:02:18 pm
      How does Sven keep getting these big money jobs in sh*t leagues or with sh*t international teams?

One of footballs greatest chancers.

Still living off that 5-1 demolition of Germany or shagging Ulrika!!

Think he's just behind Ol Woy in the chancer department :laugh:

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #8: Jul 30, 2016 01:05:50 pm
      Think he's just behind Ol Woy in the chancer department

And just in front of Fat Sam.  :laugh:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9: Jul 30, 2016 02:13:05 pm
      Watching a game atm, no idea what the teams are called but it's Guarin & Martins vs whoever Teixeira plays for. This is so F***ing boring!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #10: Jul 30, 2016 02:19:02 pm
      Watching a game atm, no idea what the teams are called but it's Guarin & Martins vs whoever Teixeira plays for. This is so F***ing boring!

You'll get a few goals in a Shanghai Shenua game (over 2.5 nearly always guaranteed anytime I've bet) but it's poor football alright.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #11: May 16, 2017 07:06:34 pm
      Ezequiel Lavezzi went and did this while team pics were being taken for start of new Chinese Super League

Ezequiel Lavezzi apologises for posing in 'racist' picture for Chinese Super League

The Argentine, who joined Hebei CFFC from PSG in a big money deal last year, was pictured making the gesture while in team uniform

Ezequiel Lavezzi has apologised after pulling a face to mimic Chinese characteristics during a promotional campaign for the Chinese Super League.

The Argentine, who joined Hebei CFFC from PSG in a big money deal last year, was pictured making the gesture while in team kit, and both the player and the club released statements in an attempt to diffuse the situation.

"Per the request of the Chinese Super League, we took the official photos for the season," he said in a statement issued on Sunday. "We were given instructions by the official photographer and I was trying to make some interesting photos by making some funny faces, which would be used afterwards for entertainment purposes.

"I had no intention of insulting the Chinese people and did not do it with any bad intentions," the 32-year-old added. "I'm very happy to be here as part of the Hebei club. I have had great time here with my team mates and it has been a great journey. Every Chinese person around me is friendly and I love my life here.

"I deeply apologise if this photo has offended the Chinese public and fans. I will be more careful in the future."

Lavezzi joined Hebei in February last year in a deal reported to be worth around £8.5million per season, but his involvement in his first year with the club was curtailed due to injury.

He has been in impressive form in recent weeks, however, and scored in a 1-1 draw with Guangzhou R&F on Friday as Hebei, coached by former Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini, moved up to fourth in the Chinese Super League standings.

"Since joining us at the beginning of 2016, Lavezzi has been getting along very well with the team and been loved by fans too," said Hebei, who also denied the pictures had been officially released by the club.

"He has expressed his love for China many times too. Now we have communicated with him and have clarified he had no bad intentions and he deeply apologised for any offense caused.

"As a club we apologise for our neglect in our work. We will be more careful in the future."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/ezequiel-lavezzi-picture-chinese-super-league-a7736041.html
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #12: May 16, 2017 08:23:34 pm
      Ezequiel Lavezzi went and did this while team pics were being taken for start of new Chinese Super League

Ezequiel Lavezzi apologises for posing in 'racist' picture for Chinese Super League

The Argentine, who joined Hebei CFFC from PSG in a big money deal last year, was pictured making the gesture while in team uniform

Ezequiel Lavezzi has apologised after pulling a face to mimic Chinese characteristics during a promotional campaign for the Chinese Super League.

The Argentine, who joined Hebei CFFC from PSG in a big money deal last year, was pictured making the gesture while in team kit, and both the player and the club released statements in an attempt to diffuse the situation.

"Per the request of the Chinese Super League, we took the official photos for the season," he said in a statement issued on Sunday. "We were given instructions by the official photographer and I was trying to make some interesting photos by making some funny faces, which would be used afterwards for entertainment purposes.

"I had no intention of insulting the Chinese people and did not do it with any bad intentions," the 32-year-old added. "I'm very happy to be here as part of the Hebei club. I have had great time here with my team mates and it has been a great journey. Every Chinese person around me is friendly and I love my life here.

"I deeply apologise if this photo has offended the Chinese public and fans. I will be more careful in the future."

Lavezzi joined Hebei in February last year in a deal reported to be worth around £8.5million per season, but his involvement in his first year with the club was curtailed due to injury.

He has been in impressive form in recent weeks, however, and scored in a 1-1 draw with Guangzhou R&F on Friday as Hebei, coached by former Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini, moved up to fourth in the Chinese Super League standings.

"Since joining us at the beginning of 2016, Lavezzi has been getting along very well with the team and been loved by fans too," said Hebei, who also denied the pictures had been officially released by the club.

"He has expressed his love for China many times too. Now we have communicated with him and have clarified he had no bad intentions and he deeply apologised for any offense caused.

"As a club we apologise for our neglect in our work. We will be more careful in the future."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/ezequiel-lavezzi-picture-chinese-super-league-a7736041.html

What an ignorant b***ard, seriously, how stupid.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #13: May 18, 2017 01:14:10 am
      He must of been watching a Father Ted dvd before the photo.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #14: May 18, 2017 05:40:15 pm

I saw his apology on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU6NKdthd4U

Quick Reply