Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (3.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      11 (10.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      23 (21.1%)
      Emre Can
      20 (18.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (1.8%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      48 (44%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Voting closed: Apr 05, 2017 02:26:20 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34119 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Apr 01, 2017 10:44:55 pm
      Who's watching Match Of The Day?

Me, me ,me
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #576: Apr 01, 2017 10:55:51 pm
      on the banks of the royal blu...

COUTINHO
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #577: Apr 01, 2017 11:11:30 pm
      Me,Lineker move quickly on,next game. Where's Danny Murphy?
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #578: Apr 01, 2017 11:20:41 pm
      Me,Lineker move quickly on,next game. Where's Danny Murphy?

BBC really are better on telex,teletext,subtitles and any other sort of media except live punters. Each and every one clueless fcuks
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #579: Apr 01, 2017 11:32:20 pm
      So pleased with that result and the fact we never stopped fighting the whole match.We deserved the 3 points and Everton got what they deserved-F**k ALL.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #580: Apr 01, 2017 11:43:08 pm
      Made up with the 3 points, the performance and the fact I got my second perfect in the prediction league 😊
      We clearly dominated the majority of the game. Coeman talks absolute bollocks, the match officials were a disgrace, and Klopp got his tactics spot on.
      What baffles me, is why the F**k didn't coeman send his side out t play to their strengths, and not to just inflict physical damage? What a tw*t of a manager.
      As for motm, could have been anyone really, including the subs, everyone slotted into their roles perfectly today.
      It wasn't until I saw the game again, did it become clear just how much influence Lucas had on Lukaka's demise. Even out jumping him making defensive headers and he must be a foot shorter.
      Lost count of the interceptions he made, along with the tackles. Never shied out of one and never stopped running. He made it much easier for Gini and Can to operate in front of him. So there's my motm for today,
      Lucas Leiva. Great performance.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #581: Apr 02, 2017 12:10:19 am
      Who's watching Match Of The Day?

Shearer was all over Lucas's contribution wasn't he.  No doubt for me that Lukaku is one of Everton's only real decent players - and when we so often criticise Liverpool's defence I think we should highlight what a great job we did defensively to keep the Premier League's top scorer so quiet.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #582: Apr 02, 2017 01:52:02 am
      Quote from JD
      Anyway, the main thing caving in today was the blueshite.  A truly horrible record at Anfield - putting aside no win for around 18 years, even prior to that they have only 2 wins in the last 31 years at Anfield.

Routine home win. Their location is the only thing of significance about them. Otherwise, it's like putting another small club in the league away, similar to Burnley or West Brom.

They've done nothing here since the last century. They've done nothing in the league for 30 years. I remember the day near the end of the 87 season when we beat them 3-1, with Rushie's last derby goal before his move. Then you could take them seriously, today as at many small clubs, their highlight of the season is facing us. It's a significant change in ambition.

As for us, beating them at home is just one step nearer bigger, better, and brighter things. This season it's hopefully a top 4 spot and the chance to face the elites next year. It's our 4th home win on the spin, and 11th home league win this season, dropping just 11 points. Anfield is a fortress again, but I just hope we lose that crappy camera angle next year, as required for European Cup games. I initially thought Origi's shot was heading for Row Z before realising it actually went straight in. It's not the first time either. I have 20/20 vision, but some efforts on goal are not as clearly seen now than before the new stand was built.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #583: Apr 02, 2017 05:51:17 am
      Don't think I ever voted for Emre as MOTM so Emre Can it is!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #584: Apr 02, 2017 08:36:27 am
      Great win, quite easy in the end, we were in total control for most of the game.

Gutted about Mane though.

Wee fella coutinho back to his best.

Special mention to Lucas, played superb, considering he has not had many games in Midfield this season, the odd stray pass, apart from that, very well done, same goes for Can his last 2 games have been superb.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #585: Apr 02, 2017 09:08:04 am
      Absolutely superb today. No one player. Just a team full of boss red bas**rds upsetting the blues and confirming Lukaku's thoughts. Lukaku's right, you're f**king sh*te..

That would be wrong though. Because it wasn't so much of a case of Everton being sh*te. It was more of a case of us being boss. Amazing team performance.

Cans ball on 18 mins. Lovrens tackle on 75 mins. Origi's tackle on Barkley on 82 mins. Some of the highlights for me which example how superior we were. Pure class. Coutinhos ball to Origi for his goal was like the parting of the Red Sea dirty blue pond.

Can't wait to go to work Monday!

Corrected for you. ;)
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #586: Apr 02, 2017 09:17:08 am
      Bossed them start to finish, think that was one of the easiest Derby's we've had in a while.

Puts us in a very strong position now for top 4.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #587: Apr 02, 2017 09:20:19 am
      Wonder why Lucas had a decent game ? Oh yeh because he played in his natural position not rocket science7
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #588: Apr 02, 2017 09:44:41 am
      Made up with the 3 points, the performance and the fact I got my second perfect in the prediction league 😊
      We clearly dominated the majority of the game. Coeman talks absolute bollocks, the match officials were a disgrace, and Klopp got his tactics spot on.
      What baffles me, is why the f**k didn't coeman send his side out t play to their strengths, and not to just inflict physical damage? What a tw*t of a manager.
      As for motm, could have been anyone really, including the subs, everyone slotted into their roles perfectly today.
      It wasn't until I saw the game again, did it become clear just how much influence Lucas had on Lukaka's demise. Even out jumping him making defensive headers and he must be a foot shorter.
      Lost count of the interceptions he made, along with the tackles. Never shied out of one and never stopped running. He made it much easier for Gini and Can to operate in front of him. So there's my motm for today,
      Lucas Leiva. Great performance.
            He got my vote too,he was rock solid all day 👍
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #589: Apr 02, 2017 09:56:03 am
      Shearer was all over Lucas's contribution wasn't he.  No doubt for me that Lukaku is one of Everton's only real decent players - and when we so often criticise Liverpool's defence I think we should highlight what a great job we did defensively to keep the Premier League's top scorer so quiet.

Absolutely. Lovren, Matip and Lucas were clever yesterday. They were communicating really well with each other and took it in turns to to snuff any danger out from him. He just got bossed. And like Shearer, said. Bullied, too. Is right lads!
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #590: Apr 02, 2017 10:00:26 am
       Cracking game/result.Difficulty in picking MOM.So many top contributions.Had to give it to the "Magician" Love it when he's "on song".
      Is it possible to accept Jürgen knows best when it comes to Lucas ?Inspiring performance to keep Lukaku off their scoresheet.
      Finally,seems we are getting better at beating the "weaker " teams in the league. :f_whistle:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #591: Apr 02, 2017 10:05:18 am
      Absolutely. Lovren, Matip and Lucas were clever yesterday. They were communicating really well with each other and took it in turns to to snuff any danger out from him. He just got bossed. And like Shearer, said. Bullied, too. Is right lads!

That's such a big point, it's something that only Kolo Toure, in recent memory, showed signs of doing on a regular basis.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #592: Apr 02, 2017 10:16:20 am
      Think that could be the first time I've voted him motm we all know he's not the quickest but yesterday he brought all that experience and intelligence to the game ,you don't have to be the quickest if you know where to be .
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #593: Apr 02, 2017 10:49:33 am
      I watched the replay of the game and I'm fuming now. I think it is high time that someone put the studs onto barkleys's foot and let him feel how it is. This is not the first time I saw him did that, that dirty b**tard. The last game is the same and he continues to get off scot free. the ref is s bloody coward and it's damn embarassing to see the cowardly ref pointed to the other 3 spots where dirty barkely commited the fouls before he gave the yellow card while Can committed a foul and he got a yellow. Klopp must make an issue out of it to put the FA on alert. This idiotic barkley is simply like shiriek after each dirty foul claimed innocence.  What do you know, product of that small club.

Lukaku is simply overated. I wouldn't pay even half of that 70 mil for him. It's just that defenders gave him too much space and time on the ball. Mark him tightly and he wouldn't score  double digit figure for the whole season. 
      « Last Edit: Apr 02, 2017 10:54:22 am by redkop63 »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #594: Apr 02, 2017 10:53:26 am
      Never saw the game, in work all day, most important thing was the 3pts, beating the BS is a wonderful Brucie Bonus.

Watched MotD though, what a dirty shower of bas**rds they are, and that sh*t of a manager, it was him who denied England a winning goal against Holland in a World Cup qualifier when he pulled down Lineker, & then scored the winner, c**t.

Anyway here's a tweet.

https://twitter.com/mark_jones86/status/848463389957521408
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #595: Apr 02, 2017 10:54:15 am
      So F***ing EEE.... ZEE.

"Oh Everton Blueshite, oh Everton blue...

Why do your supporters keep following you?..."
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #596: Apr 02, 2017 10:56:49 am
      Never saw the game, in work all day, most important thing was the 3pts, beating the BS is a wonderful Brucie Bonus.

Watched MotD though, what a dirty shower of bas**rds they are, and that sh*t of a manager, it was him who denied England a winning goal against Holland in a World Cup qualifier when he pulled down Lineker, & then scored the winner, c**t.

Anyway here's a tweet.

Awful keeper him.

Couldn't set his position and feet, nor could he anticipate or read the shot.

Rooted to a standing position.

Thank F**k we don't have him.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #597: Apr 02, 2017 11:05:08 am

Anyway here's a tweet.

And we thought we had a problem with our goalies.

Quick Reply