Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (3.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      11 (10.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      23 (21.1%)
      Emre Can
      20 (18.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (1.8%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      48 (44%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Voting closed: Apr 05, 2017 02:26:20 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34093 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,347 posts | 1621 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Apr 02, 2017 11:25:09 am
      Just re watched the game and I'm left scratching my head as to how that dirty blue Barkley remained on the field , that's the second in a row against us he's got away with that kind of sh*t , very lucky boy .
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,439 posts | 1465 
      Reply #599: Apr 02, 2017 11:47:04 am
      Just re watched the game and I'm left scratching my head as to how that dirty blue Barkley remained on the field , that's the second in a row against us he's got away with that kind of sh*t , very lucky boy .
      Both him & Williams got away with F***ing murder yesterday,pair of F***ing yard dogs they are  & as for Anthony Taylor I wouldn't put that pr**k in charge of a none league game the gutless bellwhiff.
      Roll on tomorrow when me & a few other reds abuse the bluenoses in work,it'll be a long F***ing  week for them.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,347 posts | 1621 
      Reply #600: Apr 02, 2017 11:51:25 am
      Both him & Williams got away with F***ing murder yesterday,pair of F***ing yard dogs they are  & as for Anthony Taylor I wouldn't put that pr**k in charge of a none league game the gutless bellwhiff.
      Roll on tomorrow when me & a few other reds abuse the bluenoses in work,it'll be a long F***ing  week for them.
      Enjoy the week buddy give em sh*t ,my blue nosed mates have all gone to ground .
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #601: Apr 02, 2017 01:32:50 pm
      Not a bad game but a great result to put pressure on the teams around us. We need to sort out our defending at set pieces , especially with the games we have coming up , because it is still farcical at times.

When our goals dry up our defending is going to cost us . The way we go about defending set pieces is not working or the players simply forget what they've worked on and go blank.  West Brom away is gona be a real test.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #602: Apr 02, 2017 01:56:24 pm

When our goals dry up our defending is going to cost us . The way we go about defending set pieces is not working or the players simply forget what they've worked on and go blank.  West Brom away is gona be a real test.

It really is disturbing that if we can see the shortcomings which are costing us dearly, Jürgen must be only too well aware of those same deficiencies.

Nobody is going to tell me a manager of Klopp's calibre is not able or qualified to address the problem, what is preventing our man doing what lesser managers are achieving at the likes of Chelsea? A robust defence see the Chavs well on their way to the ultimate triumph.
       We are turned over regularly by teams that frustrate our forwards and walk all over our defence, set pieces being the outstanding chink in our armour, that in itself being an example of an inadequate back four.

littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #603: Apr 02, 2017 02:12:24 pm

It really is disturbing that if we can see the shortcomings which are costing us dearly, Jürgen must be only too well aware of those same deficiencies.

Nobody is going to tell me a manager of Klopp's calibre is not able or qualified to address the problem, what is preventing our man doing what lesser managers are achieving at the likes of Chelsea? A robust defence see the Chavs well on their way to the ultimate triumph.
       We are turned over regularly by teams that frustrate our forwards and walk all over our defence, set pieces being the outstanding chink in our armour, that in itself being an example of an inadequate back four.
      Couldn't agree more. I think it's down to the players being unable to hold their nerve and act out what they have been taught in tight situations.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #604: Apr 02, 2017 02:33:32 pm
      Made up for you mate . Great first game to go to.
      My first game was a 2-2 v Ipswich in 1978

My first was Ipswich v Spuds 1962.

I soon saw the error of my ways when we moved back to Scally-land later that year.... and we were then in the old 2nd division.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #605: Apr 02, 2017 02:47:51 pm
      My first was Ipswich v Spuds 1962.

I soon saw the error of my ways when we moved back to Scally-land later that year.... and we were then in the old 2nd division.
      Well you , like me , have witnessed some truly great teams and games in our history. No one can ever take that away. My Dad and eldest brother are Blues . Me and my 3 other brothers are Reds.

My eldest brother is one of ( if not the ) the bitterest Blues you could meet but he's a sucker for punishment.

No matter what your age or where you're from , your first game at Anfield is f***in amazing . Even better if it's a Derby and you win.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #606: Apr 02, 2017 03:31:52 pm
      Well would you believe it !
      With our form over the current season, where we remain unbeaten against the "top"sides, yet occasionally fail against the "lesser" sides.
      The bitters are delighted to have been comprehensively beaten by us, so they can now consider themselves to be a "top" side 😳

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #607: Apr 02, 2017 04:03:50 pm
      Good win yesterday for the redmen and some really good performances from the likes of Lovren, Can, Lucas, Gini and Matip. Good to see Coutinho back, the little shimmy and shot past Robles was F***ing boss and the pass in for Origi's goal wasn't too shabby. I know I've been one to slaughter Mignolet, but thought he has done well recently in goal and was a good instinctive save in the second half, especially the way the ball bounced up.

I also see the blueshite have adopted the dogs of war approach again, except this lot are F***ing grim. Barkley could of easily seen red and that Williams is one yard dog. Typical blueshite support resorting to more grim songs especially that 'You haven't killed an Italian since 1985' one, classy cu*ts as ever.

Still F***ing made up we beat that shower of sh*te, definitely nothing more pleasing than walking around here with a big F**k off grin the day after a derby victory.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #608: Apr 02, 2017 06:13:52 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #609: Apr 02, 2017 06:35:11 pm
      It was a good weekend for us .

Chavs lost .

City drew.

Spuds won.

Arse drew.

Scum drew .

Do with a few more weekends like that for the run in  .

Eight games to go .
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #610: Apr 02, 2017 06:51:36 pm
      Made up for you mate . Great first game to go to.
      My first game was a 2-2 v Ipswich in 1978

My first game was a 1-0 against Oldham on 10th April 93 with Rush scoring a screamer of a goal in off the crossbar, fell in love with the place and team instantly.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #611: Apr 02, 2017 07:53:08 pm
      My first game was a 1-0 against Oldham on 10th April 93 with Rush scoring a screamer of a goal in off the crossbar, fell in love with the place and team instantly.
      I remember that game . It was F***ing awful and i was right behind Rushies shot on the Kop. Great strike with his left foot.
      Oldham had just got promoted , Joe Royal was their manager. Pretty sure it was our first home game of the season.

Souness was bigging us up in the programme talking about this was his team and how we were gona get back to normal !!! F**k off.
      I've just looked thru my programmes and found it.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #612: Apr 02, 2017 08:02:41 pm
      Good to see citeh and Arse draw.
      Need to hold it all together now with a win mid week.
      We can clearly beat the small teams, so let's go on a run till the seasons end.
      Spuds usually implode so we could make second with a bit of luck.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #613: Apr 02, 2017 11:19:30 pm
      our poxy defenders give me worries

The F**k was this quote all about?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #614: Apr 02, 2017 11:39:28 pm
      Good to see citeh and Arse draw.
      Need to hold it all together now with a win mid week.
      We can clearly beat the small teams, so let's go on a run till the seasons end.
      Spuds usually implode so we could make second with a bit of luck.

Can't see them doing that this year ... imploding Spuds . :roll:

They've still Kane missing and Lamela just had surgery ...  but getting getting the results they need.

Hold our nerve and come in 3rd.   I'll be happy with that compared the the "PAR" of previous seasons.

If the Scum don't qualify ... all the sweeter eh?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #615: Apr 03, 2017 12:33:15 am
      Someone mentioned what a great team performance and that is so true. I wanted to vote a Matip-Lovren combo for MotM, but can't argue with Phil, can't argue with Lucas, can't argue with Emre. I mean, I don't think any of our players had a poor match.

Here's hoping for more of the same vs. Bournemouth. A little revenge is in order as we had been undefeated for 15 matches before they beat us in December (we beat ourselves, actually).

Let's set it straight, Reds.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #616: Apr 03, 2017 01:55:30 am
      Every win is goal dust.  The competitors for top 4 will play each other every now and then.  As for us we have done with our games against the top 4 rivals and have done absolutely brilliant better than expected, better than we should have, better than the neutrals expected.  We just need to get over the line and address a few problems in the transfer market.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6714 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #617: Apr 03, 2017 10:20:26 am
      So what's it been like in the City for you guys and Girls who live there, since the final whistle?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #618: Apr 03, 2017 11:53:14 am
      Koeman giving a classic interview there.

Very proud of his players and the scoreline doesn't reflect how the game was.

What?

As 7KK7 says before you mate, the man is deluded.

That delusion is entrenched among their players and supporters leading to an inability in identifying obvious root causes of consistent failure, the only answer the deluded have is to distract and blame in order to mask their own and their team's failings.

Ironically only the deluded believe the above can apply to numerous managers and fu**ed up seasons 
      « Last Edit: Apr 03, 2017 12:01:13 pm by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #619: Apr 03, 2017 12:18:08 pm
      Can't see them doing that this year ... imploding Spuds . :roll:

They've still Kane missing and Lamela just had surgery ...  but getting getting the results they need.

Hold our nerve and come in 3rd.   I'll be happy with that compared the the "PAR" of previous seasons.

If the Scum don't qualify ... all the sweeter eh?

Sweet indeed Skip, their fixture list is horrendous with one or two of their supposed game winners injured.

F***ing joke seeing Mourinho shrinking before the microphone on MOTD and trying to eventually disappear up his own arsehole.
      He is quoted today as attempting to lay some blame on Luke Shaw who has been injured for F**k knows how long, the fraud is comparing him unfavourably to other players in that position.

That is just a blame tester.
      The full distraction ploy gets more exaggerated with the greater the lack of success.

Haha fun times ahead.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #620: Apr 03, 2017 02:02:28 pm
      Sweet indeed Skip, their fixture list is horrendous with one or two of their supposed game winners injured.

F***ing joke seeing Mourinho shrinking before the microphone on MOTD and trying to eventually disappear up his own arsehole.
      He is quoted today as attempting to lay some blame on Luke Shaw who has been injured for f**k knows how long, the fraud is comparing him unfavourably to other players in that position.

That is just a blame tester.
      The full distraction ploy gets more exaggerated with the greater the lack of success.

Haha fun times ahead.

Indeed Stu indeed mate   ;D

Quick Reply