Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (3.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      11 (10.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      23 (21.1%)
      Emre Can
      20 (18.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (1.8%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      48 (44%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Voting closed: Apr 05, 2017 02:26:20 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34075 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Apr 04, 2017 10:02:25 am
      I F***ing hate Everton. I was never particularly bothered by them and used to enjoy the banter and rivalry whether we won or lost but the past few years I've really come to hate them with a passion.

They are so, so bitter its incredible. The way Koeman spoke after the game was a joke. They bossed the game? They controlled it? Our coaching staff should be ashamed for complaining about their tackles that should have been red cards? He is proud of their performance? F**k off you fat square headed c**t. You're as bitter and deluded as the rest of those mongs.

I didn't go the game on Saturday but my dad said as soon as Mane scored a few of them got off that early. F***ing joke supporters, joke manager, joke yard dog team.  Horrible F***ing club.  Glad we put them in their place once again, in our F***ing shadow. Now F**k off for another 6 months until we beat you again.

Back talking about the game. I was away on a stag do which is why I didn't go on Saturday and I only managed to catch the first 60-65 mins or so of the match. I've since caught up with the rest of the game/seen the highlights. 

When I saw the line-up I was a little bit worried. I thought that potentially their midfield could over run ours for a change. We were obviously missing Lallana and Henderson still, and they had two young hungry scouse lads and their 'own Kante' in Gueye. Well I was F***ing miles wrong because their two local lads were F***ing sh*te and Gueye was even worse.  Im no fan of Emre Can but I thought he had a top game but motm was Lucas who F***ing bossed everybody on the pitch. I love Lucas. Every team needs a little nasty b***ard in it and he's ours. Takes no sh*t. Solid. Hard. Hes F***ing boss.

The front three caused them problems as expected, to the point where all of their players were just snapping us and hacking us. Barkley should have been sent off twice in that game and Williams should have gone too. Great goals by Mane, Coutinho, and Origi. All three were class.  Their fans have been moaning about their keeper since the game but they fail to mention that all the goals their team was ripped open before the shots came at the goalie.

Our back four were ok but it was disappointing to concede yet another goal from a set piece. Jürgen has a lot of work to do to address this and the way Sakho is playing at Palace he should seriously consider bringing him back into things. Draw a line, shake hands, move on.

I thought Everton were a disgrace. They were more interested in hurting our lads and stopping them playing than having a go themselves. Did Lukaku even touch the ball on sat?

The other results went our way this weekend so all in all a top day apart from those cu*ts injuring one or two of our lads. Hope they are minor knocks and not too serious.  Well done Jürgen and the boys.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #622: Apr 04, 2017 02:56:03 pm
      Seen Koeman's comments ahead of the United game?  Pissing myself laughing at him, and the Ev.

“That was one of the reasons I was proud of the players (after the Liverpool game) because we weren’t afraid last Saturday.

“The start was fantastic in the game and their first shot was the goal for 1-0.

“That’s what I like. It’s not about saying, ‘Oh, we have injuries and we have reasons to break down.’ No. We must show we are strong even with young players and I think we showed that on the pitch.

“Okay, it wasn’t the final result that everyone liked, but if I see my team come out of the dressing room at United and play like we like to play then I’ll be proud.

“It’s not always about the final result and that’s what we need to learn.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #623: Apr 04, 2017 03:14:49 pm
      Seen Koeman's comments ahead of the United game?  Pissing myself laughing at him, and the Ev.

“That was one of the reasons I was proud of the players (after the Liverpool game) because we weren’t afraid last Saturday.

“The start was fantastic in the game and their first shot was the goal for 1-0.

“That’s what I like. It’s not about saying, ‘Oh, we have injuries and we have reasons to break down.’ No. We must show we are strong even with young players and I think we showed that on the pitch.

“Okay, it wasn’t the final result that everyone liked, but if I see my team come out of the dressing room at United and play like we like to play then I’ll be proud.

“It’s not always about the final result and that’s what we need to learn.

That's beyond peak Moyes.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #624: Apr 04, 2017 09:18:13 pm
      I remember that game . It was f**king awful and i was right behind Rushies shot on the Kop. Great strike with his left foot.
      Oldham had just got promoted , Joe Royal was their manager. Pretty sure it was our first home game of the season.

Souness was bigging us up in the programme talking about this was his team and how we were gona get back to normal !!! F**k off.
      I've just looked thru my programmes and found it.

Yeah I certainly can't be accused of being a glory hunter :-)
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #625: Apr 05, 2017 12:26:59 am
      everton tied manutd. 

more than what i hoped for if im honest but in the manner of how the draw happened.  darn blueshite cant get it right

still this result is favourable to us
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #626: Apr 05, 2017 12:41:30 am
      everton tied manutd. 

more than what i hoped for if im honest but in the manner of how the draw happened.  darn blueshite cant get it right

still this result is favourable to us

You are right, they are shiit.

And don't expect them to help us, NEVER.

Still they  draw at the very last minutes.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #627: Apr 05, 2017 12:04:42 pm
      Meant to post this the other day.

If you look at Mane's goal, it is almost the perfect example of what Klopp means when he talks about playing in the "half spaces".
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #628: Apr 05, 2017 03:58:32 pm
      The Sakho ship has sailed. He's the Rodgers Borini, or the Dalglish Konchesky. One look at each other and that's it.

On the wild challenges, you expect that in this fixture, it's notorious for red cards after all, and yes they should be red cards also, but on the positive side it's also good they weren't sent off, as it left them with some ability to hurt the mancs in their next game.

It's our fourth home win in a row, and we managed the game well in the second half, which shows that we can see a game out when in front. The other results this weekend also hopefully show how important the win over Burnley actually was. Its all about the points at this time of year.

Having now caught up with home and away games, there are 4 of both left. Starting with the long overdue visit of Bournemouth, and a score to settle. They're not really bus parkers, but they'll be a different challenge to the weekend. Then after that are two more away games, where I'll doubt we'll get 6 points,  so winning on Wednesday gives us the wriggle room to take a slip up down the line.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #629: Apr 05, 2017 04:07:08 pm
      The Sakho ship has sailed. He's the Rodgers Borini, or the Dalglish Konchesky. One look at each other and that's it.

On the wild challenges, you expect that in this fixture, it's notorious for red cards after all, and yes they should be red cards also, but on the positive side it's also good they weren't sent off, as it left them with some ability to hurt the mancs in their next game.

It's our fourth home win in a row, and we managed the game well in the second half, which shows that we can see a game out when in front. The other results this weekend also hopefully show how important the win over Burnley actually was. Its all about the points at this time of year.

Having now caught up with home and away games, there are 4 of both left. Starting with the long overdue visit of Bournemouth, and a score to settle. They're not really bus parkers, but they'll be a different challenge to the weekend. Then after that are two more away games, where I'll doubt we'll get 6 points,  so winning on Wednesday gives us the wriggle room to take a slip up down the line.

Hodgosaurus signed Konchesky.

littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #630: Apr 06, 2017 08:10:06 pm
      Yeah I certainly can't be accused of being a glory hunter :-)
      Sorry , you've lost me

Quick Reply