Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (3.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      11 (10.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      23 (21.1%)
      Emre Can
      20 (18.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (1.8%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      48 (44%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Voting closed: Apr 05, 2017 02:26:20 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34678 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Apr 01, 2017 04:52:41 pm
      Got about 5 mins left to watch of the second half. I think I'd be pretty gutted if TAA ends up playing right back for us to be honest. He's so comfortable and talented on the ball, if he can add a bit of size then he'd be great at centre mid.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #530: Apr 01, 2017 04:53:27 pm
      Fukn Joe Robles didn't even bother diving for any of our goals. Lmfao

I was shocked when so many had him starting in their combined 11's. He's F***ing sh*te.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #531: Apr 01, 2017 05:00:00 pm
      Scum drawing as well makes this result look even better. All 3 level on points if they win their games in hand but we've got a slight goal difference advantage (of course if they win those games in hand that will be very close).

With them having to play each other we're clear favourites to make top 4 now.

2/9 and 2/7 with the only bookies to have updated so far. To me that looks mighty short but certainly give us the edge.

Great start to the weekend!

(just another note, see that Leicester bounce has continued, despite being ridiculed beforehand they did seem to change manager at exactly the wrong time for us. Should be ashamed of themselves those players.)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #532: Apr 01, 2017 05:05:51 pm
      Scum drawing as well makes this result look even better. All 3 level on points if they win their games in hand but we've got a slight goal difference advantage (of course if they win those games in hand that will be very close).

With them having to play each other we're clear favourites to make top 4 now.

2/9 and 2/7 with the only bookies to have updated so far. To me that looks mighty short but certainly give us the edge.

Great start to the weekend!

(just another note, see that Leicester bounce has continued, despite being ridiculed beforehand they did seem to change manager at exactly the wrong time for us. Should be ashamed of themselves those players.)

I don't think it's that shot to be honest mate, all of the top teams have multiple games against each other whilst we don't have any. I know we drop points against the so called lesser teams but in each other of the other big games at least 1 team will drop points anyway. United have to win both of their games in hand to just go level with us and one of those games is the Manchester derby.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #533: Apr 01, 2017 05:07:17 pm
      This pretty much sums up my feelings about the game...

:D
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #534: Apr 01, 2017 05:13:36 pm
      Brilliant team performance apart from the few minutes after their goal.  We never looked at any point not getting all three points.   Coutinho was at his best it has taken a while but no better game to find that magical form that the neutrals just drool over.
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #535: Apr 01, 2017 05:26:41 pm
      F**k off Everton, back to your wooden hut. Take your small club attitude and sh*te players with you along with your F***ing bitter manager, but, please make sure that when you F**k off, you take that vile filth you call a fanbase with you. Only a few who make wall pushing gestures or squash their faces? Bollocks!

Anyway, great performance from the reds today, nice to see Phil back to something resembling his best. But I must give special acknowledgement to 3 players in particular who today, in my opinion, were outstanding and deserve all the plaudits thrown their way this afternoon.

Lucas- ran his arse off and was solid as a rock, when I saw his name on the team sheet I was disappointed but he proved me wrong!
      Can- he has improved considerably over the last few games and today was no different, hopefully he continues to improve!
      Lovren- still not the long term solution in the centre, but didn't put a foot wrong today and the leagues top scorer never got a look in.

This is not to say the rest of the team played any less, but I feel these three have had plenty of criticism over the season ( some of it deservedly so too!) so fair dos for today!

Oh and F**k off Everton!!!!!!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #536: Apr 01, 2017 05:26:51 pm
      I don't think it's that shot to be honest mate, all of the top teams have multiple games against each other whilst we don't have any. I know we drop points against the so called lesser teams but in each other of the other big games at least 1 team will drop points anyway. United have to win both of their games in hand to just go level with us and one of those games is the Manchester derby.

Not quite understanding you there mate, you thinking we should be shorter than 2/7? That's a very strong favourite indeed. I would have made us nearer 4/6 at this point because I would factor into it that we struggle against the lesser teams more.

So yeah I'd make us strong favourites but in typical bookie fashion they're pricing it as if it's a virtual certainty.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #537: Apr 01, 2017 05:31:19 pm
      Those bitters that haven't disappeared up their own arses are saying the only reason we won is because they were F***ing gash and they've got a F***ing idiot for a manager!?!?

Classless tw*ts never change.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #538: Apr 01, 2017 05:34:33 pm
      Boss game! My first Merseyside derby, not a bad start

But then again, I couldn't speak a word of English the last time Everton won a game at Anfield
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #539: Apr 01, 2017 05:35:21 pm
      Remember when Ross Barkley was the next Paul Gascoigne?

He should have the early signs of a bad drinking problem for that prediction to make sense
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #540: Apr 01, 2017 05:37:52 pm
      What I like most about this game is the direct approach of the players, no dallying with passes or trying to create that perfect opening. Hope Mane's injury is not serious.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #541: Apr 01, 2017 05:41:46 pm
      Boss game! My first Merseyside derby, not a bad start

But then again, I couldn't speak a word of English the last time Everton won a game at Anfield

Think I'd just started going out with my other half.

That's so many years of her Evertonian Dad being unable to give me any grief.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #542: Apr 01, 2017 05:57:07 pm
      He should have the early signs of a bad drinking problem for that prediction to make sense

Well he does look like he's not too arsed about his appearance.

Very dodgy barnet
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #543: Apr 01, 2017 06:16:00 pm
      What I like most about this game is the direct approach of the players, no dallying with passes or trying to create that perfect opening. Hope Mane's injury is not serious.

Apparently not as bad as first feared. Walked out of ground without crutches.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #544: Apr 01, 2017 06:17:19 pm
      Not quite understanding you there mate, you thinking we should be shorter than 2/7? That's a very strong favourite indeed. I would have made us nearer 4/6 at this point because I would factor into it that we struggle against the lesser teams more.

So yeah I'd make us strong favourites but in typical bookie fashion they're pricing it as if it's a virtual certainty.

I'm actually surprised we're not something stupid like 1/5 with the way some bookies are :D. I just meant that I think that price isn't the greatest but it's not as bad as I imagined it would be.

I do get your point though.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #545: Apr 01, 2017 06:29:34 pm
      I'm actually surprised we're not something stupid like 1/5 with the way some bookies are :D. I just meant that I think that price isn't the greatest but it's not as bad as I imagined it would be.

I do get your point though.

Ah fair enough mate, yep not too far from 1/5 with some of them though:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-4-finish

Maybe I'm just being too pessimistic but it's been tight at the top of the table all season, I'll think it will finish tight too.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #546: Apr 01, 2017 06:31:16 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #547: Apr 01, 2017 06:31:17 pm
      Apparently not as bad as first feared. Walked out of ground without crutches.

Jürgen spoke a little about it in his post match if you managed to catch it:

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/04/video-Jürgen-klopp-post-match-press-conference-liverpool-3-1-everton/

Sounds less serious than first feared but Wednesday highly unlikely. I'm more on FL's side of things on this one though, when you get up and then have to go down again I think it's probably worse than just a little pull. Hopefully not and as noted before Mane does seem to be made of similar stuff to Suarez so fingers crossed he might surprise us.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #548: Apr 01, 2017 06:56:05 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #549: Apr 01, 2017 07:07:31 pm

Cheer Studge up no end this :D

Not a bad one that, dodgy song it's based off though :lmao:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #550: Apr 01, 2017 08:05:10 pm
      Cheer Studge up no end this :D

Not a bad one that, dodgy song it's based off though :lmao:

I was thinking the same thing (about Studge) :D.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #551: Apr 01, 2017 08:12:38 pm
      First half review:-

I hope Williams gets a ban coming his way for raking his studs down Can's back, f**king disgusting stuff from that thug too. They got away with so much sh*t in that half.

Definitely. If Mings gets 5 matches for his "stamp" on Zlatan which I still think may well have been accidental, then it should be that many for Williams because there is no possible explanation for what happened other than intentional.

Quick Reply