Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre Match: Liverpool vs AFC Bournemouth. Wed 5th April 2017 KO 20:00 BST

Read 12882 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool vs AFC Bournemouth. Wed 5th April 2017 KO 20:00 BST
      Reply #23: Apr 03, 2017 10:15:36 pm
      What rumors? I've seen nothing about this on any of the sites I frequent or the twitter accounts I follow?

Stems from not being seen in training pictures but given the challenges Can took against the bluenoses I wouldn't be surprised if he was only on light training anyway. Or it could simply be that the photographer didn't catch them, no clue but that's where it appears to come from.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #24: Apr 04, 2017 06:40:06 am
      Rumours of can and matip being injured now

It's bitters all over Can on Saturday. They were just trying to hurt our players. Basically, if you can't beat them at a game of football then injure them so that their season doesn't improve.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #25: Apr 04, 2017 08:16:49 am
      There can only be one result and that has to be a win for the REDS,with a bit (lot) of payback.I cannot see us slipping up like we did at Bournemouth. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26: Apr 04, 2017 08:34:14 am
      We really should be able to win this one, Bournemouth aren't really bus parkers anyway, its more Stoke and West Brom I'm a bit nervous about.
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #27: Apr 04, 2017 10:04:57 am
      We really should be able to win this one, Bournemouth aren't really bus parkers anyway, its more Stoke and West Brom I'm a bit nervous about.

Quite a shocking statement there at the end, unfortunately it's how we mostly feel this season!

We should beat these at home and if we don't then we only have ourselves to blame if come May we are in the Europa League.

That said, the past few games has seen a semi resurgence of our pre Christmas form ( the corresponding fixture apart) and hopefully the team are up for some revenge.

Come on red men!  :scarf:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #28: Apr 04, 2017 10:46:52 am
      I never look forward to these type of games where the season is coming to a close and we've still got something left to play for but we come up against mid table opposition who are under no pressure.  I'd rather play a team at the bottom or even at the top so we're both under pressure to win the game. That said, we've just wholloped another mid table team 3-1 so same again please reds.

Migs

Clyne       Matip          Lovren         Milner

Lucas
                Wijnaldum          Can

Origi       Firmino     Coutinho
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #29: Apr 04, 2017 10:58:03 am
      Hope Divock's goal pushes him on and Studge is fit enough to make the bench. We need pace and firepower upfront.

Origi
      Cou Bobby
      Can Lucas Gini
      Milner Lovren Matip Clyne
      Migs

Subs- Karius, Klavan, Moreno, TAA, Grujic, Woodburn, Sturridge

Am I the only one who read this upside down and was wondering what the hell this lineup was about? Haha
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #30: Apr 04, 2017 12:05:20 pm
      The likes of Ojo and Wilson should have been given game time when Mane was away at the AFCON which now means we have virtually zero options as a replacement for him. Putting Firmino out there means a ineffective Bobby and conversely it's not Divocks preferred position either.

Think we might have to change things up for this one.
      Not sure if Lucas is up to two games a week if not I would go with a 4231

Migs
      TAA
      Matip
      Lovren
      Clyne

Can
      Gini

Milner
      Firmino
      Coutinho

Origi

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #31: Apr 04, 2017 12:12:23 pm
      The likes of Ojo and Wilson should have been given game time when Mane was away at the AFCON which now means we have virtually zero options as a replacement for him. Putting Firmino out there means a ineffective Bobby and conversely it's not Divocks preferred position either.

Migs
      TAA
      Matip
      Lovren
      Clyne

Can
      Gini

Milner
      Firmino
      Coutinho

Origi

I've not thought about the entire starting 11 but I definitely want to see TAA get a start in this game.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #32: Apr 04, 2017 12:57:28 pm
      If we stick Bobby wide we'll miss out on all the other stuff he's been bringing to the team over the last couple of months.

Yes I know.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #33: Apr 04, 2017 01:00:26 pm
      Hope Divock's goal pushes him on and Studge is fit enough to make the bench. We need pace and firepower upfront.

Origi
      Cou Bobby
      Can Lucas Gini
      Milner Lovren Matip Clyne
      Migs

Subs- Karius, Klavan, Moreno, TAA, Grujic, Woodburn, Sturridge

Why is Origi in the goal and Migs up front? I know Migs is not that good a keeper but surely he is better than Origi!
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #34: Apr 04, 2017 01:00:43 pm

Migs
      TAA
      Matip
      Lovren
      Clyne

Can
      Gini

Milner
      Firmino
      Coutinho

Origi

Gruji, Ings, Sturridge, Ojo - we haven't seen anything from them, all injured for most of the season...
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #35: Apr 04, 2017 01:06:31 pm
      Same team as weekend, except Origi starts ahead of the Injured Mane.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #36: Apr 04, 2017 01:14:28 pm
      Looking like Can is out for this game. Just as he was picking up some good form.

Bluenoses kicked absolute Fuk out of him at the weekend. :-(
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37: Apr 04, 2017 01:44:38 pm
      These are our injuries,

S Mane, Knee Injury
      A Lallana, Thigh
      D Sturridge, Hip Injury
      J Henderson, Bruised Foot
      O Ejaria, Ankle Injury
      A Bogdan, ACL Knee Injury
      D Ings, Knee Injury

Anything else is just bollocks people are reading on twitter then writing on here.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #38: Apr 04, 2017 02:54:22 pm
      These are our injuries,

S Mane, Knee Injury
      A Lallana, Thigh
      D Sturridge, Hip Injury
      O Ejaria, Ankle Injury
      D Ings, Knee Injury

Anything else is just bollocks people are reading on twitter then writing on here.

Haha and you're sure Firmino hasn't got a knock? ;D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39: Apr 04, 2017 03:01:14 pm
      These are our injuries,

S Mane, Knee Injury
      A Lallana, Thigh
      D Sturridge, Hip Injury
      O Ejaria, Ankle Injury
      D Ings, Knee Injury

Huh, I thought Sturridge was back in full training? And as for Bogdan, wtf, he still plays for us? I thought he left long ago :o
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #40: Apr 04, 2017 03:06:04 pm
      Same team with TAA starting in place of Mane. He has pace,a great cross and a decent shot in him. The way our squad is, he is the best replacement we have got.
      I love how Klopp has given extra motivation to the guys using comments made by their player in the away game. We need this extra something in all our remaining games considering we have only got to play the kind of teams which we have fallen short against for quite sometime now.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #41: Apr 04, 2017 03:18:15 pm
      Losing Mane last time round through the Johnstone's Paint Trophy of Africa was not good but our poor results were as much to do with the likes of Can, Coutinho, Firmino etc playing utterly wretched stuff. If Coutinho can find his best form and Can keeps up the standard of his last two games the effect of losing Mane will be nowhere near as bad.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #42: Apr 04, 2017 03:25:55 pm

Could not agree more! Would have liked to have seen Moreno tried out on the left too.... still would seeing as Mane is out now.
      « Last Edit: Apr 04, 2017 03:32:31 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43: Apr 04, 2017 03:45:28 pm
      Mane may be out for the season according to Klopp today. Can missing training is a pretty big deal in Klopp's selection process, plus we don't do so well when there are three matches in a week anyway.

Lucas was excellent Saturday but I'm not crazy about him playing again so soon. With Hendo and Lallana already out, seems we are very likely to have at least one new face in the starting midfield (I presume TAA would get the nod if that is the case).

Firmino should stay in the center of a front three as we lose too much from him when deployed out wide. Origi's best position may also be in the center, but he is more useful to us out wide than Bobby is. I am worried about the two Brazilians as well re fixture congestion between Intl. duty and this week's schedule.

BUT, fighting spirit can carry the day for us if we show it. I think tomorrow will be more about guts and goo than woo and hoo.

(I'm not sure what that means either, but I think the message is conveyed  ;D ).
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #44: Apr 04, 2017 03:51:30 pm
      Mane may be out for the season according to Klopp today. Can missing training is a pretty big deal in Klopp's selection process, plus we don't do so well when there are three matches in a week anyway.

Lucas was excellent Saturday but I'm not crazy about him playing again so soon. With Hendo and Lallana already out, seems we are very likely to have at least one new face in the starting midfield (I presume TAA would get the nod if that is the case).

Firmino should stay in the center of a front three as we lose too much from him when deployed out wide. Origi's best position may also be in the center, but he is more useful to us out wide than Bobby is. I am worried about the two Brazilians as well re fixture congestion between Intl. duty and this week's schedule.

BUT, fighting spirit can carry the day for us if we show it. I think tomorrow will be more about guts and goo than woo and hoo.

(I'm not sure what that means either, but I think the message is conveyed  ;D ).

If Lucas can't handle 2 games in over 4 and a half days then something is wrong. We played Saturday lunch time and we don't play until tomorrow night, that's a pretty big gap between games considering one of them is midweek.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #45: Apr 04, 2017 04:32:24 pm
      Huh, I thought Sturridge was back in full training? And as for Bogdan, wtf, he still plays for us? I thought he left long ago :o
      Sturridge is back in training, it says expected return 5th April, so tomorrow. Bogdan is still a Liverpool goalkeeper.

Quick Reply