Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v B'mouth?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (3.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (3.6%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (1.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      6 (10.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      1 (1.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      4 (7.1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      14 (25%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (5.4%)
      Divock Origi
      22 (39.3%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: Apr 09, 2017 09:57:14 pm

Liverpool 2-2 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28950 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Apr 05, 2017 10:21:12 pm

Who'd ever get to win it with players like Traore & Dudek in the team?

OK, I quite like Dudek though he was erratic.

You seriously putting Mignolet on the same level as Dudek? Dudek was like Buffon compared to the Frank Spencer tribute act we've had to suffer over the last few years.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #346: Apr 05, 2017 10:21:20 pm
      That defence needs F***ing binning completely sick to death of all of them including the keeper.

Not sure of Cou was injured but if he was taken of as a tactical change it was the wrong one we had them on the back foot and should have gone for the jagular. You don't drop deep and defend a lead for 35 minutes with a defence as sh*t as ours.

These cu*ts really know how to ruin a mans week ffs!
      With Hope In My Heart
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,277 posts | 183 
      Reply #347: Apr 05, 2017 10:23:56 pm
      You seriously putting Mignolet on the same level as Dudek? Dudek was like Buffon compared to the Frank Spencer tribute act we've had to suffer over the last few years.

No - as I said, I quite liked him - not as poor as Migs but too erratic to be regarded as a top keeper.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #348: Apr 05, 2017 10:24:23 pm

I expect Mignolet's forefinger to rise to his lips and whimper 'ooooooh' everytime he fucks up. He transmits negativity whatever he does.

The defence is pathetic, but that's FSG for you - no depth, no quality. But hey, it's a few bucks saved and the Americans are laughing all the way to the bank, laundering this club for so much money.

cu*ts.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #349: Apr 05, 2017 10:24:41 pm
      2-1 up with Sturridge sitting on the bench and we bring on Matip WTF.

Awful decision from Klopp.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #350: Apr 05, 2017 10:25:30 pm
      Bad mistake by the gaffer. He should never have sent Matip on, (if he was fit, why the hell didn't he start the game?) If Couts was injured, the it would have been the deal time to bring on Sturridge. Now Studge will know that he hasn't a chance of staying at Anfield. Jürgen has destroyed the lad.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #351: Apr 05, 2017 10:26:15 pm
      I expect Mignolet's forefinger to rise to his lips and whimper 'ooooooh' everytime he fucks up. He transmits negativity whatever he does.

The defence is pathetic, but that's FSG for you - no depth, no quality. But hey, it's a few bucks saved and the Americans are laughing all the way to the bank, laundering this club for so much money.

Cu*ts.

'Ooooh Betty, I've just sh*t meself in front of the Kop again (exasperated gasp of air inwards). Mmmmmm'
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #352: Apr 05, 2017 10:28:09 pm
      It's not as if Bournemouth were all over us and pinging chances in left, right and centre.

Remember - they had 2 shots on target. 2 goals.

Mignolet keeping up his superb record there.

True, but with a 3rd CB coming on for an attacking player, you are obvious gonna play deeper, inviting them to attack and giving them hope.

I'm sure if we had Sturridge on, we'd have pinned them back and have control of the middle... and maybe even a 3rd goal.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #353: Apr 05, 2017 10:28:20 pm

Awfull decision from Klopp.

Exactly, all this talk about Coutinho having a knock... He was replaced by another defender! That's just Klopp wanting to go into defensive mode in the 65TH MINUTE!! With our sh*t defense looking to concede every time they're put under pressure, the best way to defend a lead is to maintain possession and go for a third, not sit back and pray!!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #354: Apr 05, 2017 10:28:37 pm
      Individual errors. Can't blame the tactics.
      Although you could argue that we don't concede the second if we don't invite them on Robbie.

They hadn't been out of their own 18 for an age before we decided to go all "pragmatic" 😕 on their ass.

Missed a nice opportunity tonight. Ah well.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #355: Apr 05, 2017 10:30:53 pm

Awfull decision from Klopp.

To be fair Matip almost scored.  I'm sure Sturridge will get his chance in the next 7 games to power us to the Champions League.

Bit of a mucky game, thought we were marginally the better side.  Usual problems - poor defensively, meanwhile Sakho's collecting clean sheets at Palace but that's for another day.

You take Lallana and Mane out of that Liverpool team and obviously we're going to be a lot more impotent.  Can't see us winning 5 of our remaining 7 games but it wasn't the worst midweek in the world with City losing and United drawing as well.

I thought we had more chance of winning this than the weekend's game at Stoke though, worryingly.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #356: Apr 05, 2017 10:32:01 pm
      Once we got our second we had them on the ropes so I just don't understand the taking off of Coutinho after 65 minutes....swopping him for Sturridge yes but not for Matip..
      By taking Coutinho off he cut the link between the only player he was linking up with Firmino.
      Firmino just melted into the background after the substitution..
      We just haven't been able to kill these mid table teams off since the turn of the year..It's a piss poor situation were in after tonights game.

Thank F**k I don't know any Spurs fans... they'll be laughing their tits off after that..

Play like that against Stoke and we'll get bladdered.. and I don't know what the answer is with the selection of players we have left in the squad.... but somethings got to give... :f_steam:
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #357: Apr 05, 2017 10:37:25 pm
      Klaven third choice centre back, Lucas fourth choice centre back. Milner who isn't a defender at left back.

Penny pinching of the highest order from FSG. Pathetic.

Let's remember Klopp hasn't spent anything on the defence, once more tight arsed behaviour from FSG. And what about Sakho? Well he shouldn't act like a pr**k and Klopp was right to dispense with him if he is to run a tight ship of full dedication. But if he is full of humility and sorrow and promises to change his ways, then he still won't come back because there is no way in hell FSG are allowing a player of that calibre with that wages to sit on the bench. We'll have to sell him and make do with an adequate defender instead.

Penny pinchers of the highest order.We can talk about tactics and bringing on a fifth defender (which I didn't agree with) but every match we have to get to the root of the problem with lack of squad depth and not enough quality.

And that is FSG's fault - I'm sick fed up of their complacent negligent ownership, while they themselves reap in the profits from us fans. F**k them the snake oil salesmen - they are merely Hicks and Gillett with better PR, the cu*ts.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #358: Apr 05, 2017 10:38:03 pm
      Make that 1 win in 10 now without Mane.

At least we're consistent.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #359: Apr 05, 2017 10:48:17 pm
      To be fair Matip almost scored.  I'm sure Sturridge will get his chance in the next 7 games to power us to the Champions League.

Bit of a mucky game, thought we were marginally the better side.  Usual problems - poor defensively, meanwhile Sakho's collecting clean sheets at Palace but that's for another day.

You take Lallana and Mane out of that Liverpool team and obviously we're going to be a lot more impotent.  Can't see us winning 5 of our remaining 7 games but it wasn't the worst midweek in the world with City losing and United drawing as well.

I thought we had more chance of winning this than the weekend's game at Stoke though, worryingly.

This game was the Acid test for me without Mane and we flopped at home, its obvious it is going to be tough getting Top 4 simply because we cough up simple chances to the opposition.
      Was really hoping Klopp would sort out our comical defending but obviously he is no miracle worker.
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #360: Apr 05, 2017 10:48:49 pm
      Bad mistake by the gaffer. He should never have sent Matip on, (if he was fit, why the hell didn't he start the game?) If Couts was injured, the it would have been the deal time to bring on Sturridge. Now Studge will know that he hasn't a chance of staying at Anfield. Jürgen has destroyed the lad.

Been saying it for ages. Klopp always has an excuse for not playing Sturridge. The lad has no chance here.

If he was after the goal, he would have brought Matip on as Striker ahead of Sturridge.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #361: Apr 05, 2017 10:55:04 pm
      This is the gift that keeps on giving to our rivals isn't it? Every time they drop points, we ever so helpfully drop points of our own, ensuring that they remain in with a chance to overtake us. How long is this going to go on? The lack of organisation at the back, and a keeper who does his best to throw every game. It's all well and good for Klopp to say 'we need to learn this' and 'we need to learn that' but we're not learning it. We're not getting any better and in fact, it could be argued we're getting worse.

Lovren and Matip are both very, very good defenders but they should never be a first choice partnership. Neither of them have the required organisational skills required to propel us to the title and beyond. They're not leaders, at least not in the vein of Carra or Hyypia or Hansen who could marshall those around them into a cohesive unit. Our keeper is a clown who is the poster child for FSG's obsession with  'doing things differently' or, as it's known outside the business world, 'doing things on the cheap'. He's fine doing reaction shots but require him to engage that old grey matter he's supposed to have between his ears and he flaps more than a hummingbird on speed.

I for one have had enough of excuses from the club. There needs to be a sea change in the Summer. We need a leader/organiser at Center Back. We need a change in goal, whether that's in the form of a new keeper or Karius given a second chance. We need a proper left back, not a right footed thirty year old 'doing a job'. Most of all we need some bloody strength of depth throughout the team because we cannot go on losing streaks every time we lose Coutinho or Mane. Finally, speaking of Coutinho and Mane, I would like to see Coutinho moved into the midfield three. We need a pacey attacking winger who can score goals; Mane on the left if you will. If we want to continue with a number 9 who has a low scoring record then we need players either side of him who can. Coutinho, as good a player as he is, simply isn't that man.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #362: Apr 05, 2017 10:55:30 pm
      Gutted because it would have been a huge win. It means we can be reeled in again by the gooners and City and even the mancs if they win their two games in hand. I figure it'll go right down to the last game. It's a shame we don't play anymore of the the top sides.

As for everyone getting carried away by Studge not getting on. Don't forget he has been awful when he has played this season, people forget that when the lad is injured. The better move for me would have been young TAA with Firmino switching sides.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,979 posts | 238 
      Reply #363: Apr 05, 2017 10:55:55 pm
      I just thought it was silly to go defensive mode in the 65th ish which invited pressure into our shitty defensive. I mean, ffs, we were playing Bournemouth, not Chelsea, City, Barca etc.

Had we managed to see out the game for 5 more mins we would have been talking about our pragmatism and game management. Before the game Jürgen talked about winning as ugly as possible. To me there was nothing wrong with that decision because it doesn't matter if it's Bournemouth or Barcelona as we also had to protect our only remaining influential player. The team really needs to learn  defending a lead as we can't always go gung ho and win 3-1 or 4-3 every game.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #364: Apr 05, 2017 11:00:12 pm
      If I was Sturridge I would already be making plans to move.
      If Matip gets the nod ahead of you, even if it means reshuffling the tactics to keep you on the bench, your days are clearly numbered.
      It has to be severe if winning the Match is also compromised
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #365: Apr 05, 2017 11:15:46 pm
      Had we managed to see out the game for 5 more mins we would have been talking about our pragmatism and game management. Before the game Jürgen talked about winning as ugly as possible. To me there was nothing wrong with that decision because it doesn't matter if it's Bournemouth or Barcelona as we also had to protect our only remaining influential player. The team really needs to learn  defending a lead as we can't always go gung ho and win 3-1 or 4-3 every game.

I understand where you are coming from and would have been ok with the defensive route and 3rd CB had it been 5 mins left or so, but 65th, in control, 2-1 up and not even under siege from their attack? I just felt we could have m anaged the game a lot better if we another attacker come on.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #366: Apr 05, 2017 11:28:22 pm
      I understand where you are coming from and would have been ok with the defensive route and 3rd CB had it been 5 mins left or so, but 65th, in control, 2-1 up and not even under siege from their attack? I just felt we could have m anaged the game a lot better if we another attacker come on.

Yes a F**k up by Jürgen, he again underestimated Bournemouth's attacking desire and overestimated our defence.
      At the end of the day it's not a disaster but we really do need a solid win at Stoke now but the positive is that we are playing pretty good football at the moment,its not like January. I still feel we'll get 4th as all teams around us will drop points.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,127 posts | 127 
      Reply #367: Apr 05, 2017 11:40:34 pm
      Yes a f**k up by Jürgen, he again underestimated Bournemouth's attacking desire and overestimated our defence.
      At the end of the day it's not a disaster but we really do need a solid win at Stoke now but the positive is that we are playing pretty good football at the moment,its not like January. I still feel we'll get 4th as all teams around us will drop points.

Sound , but unless he has the players, it'll be more embarassing in Europe.
      I cant undersand, how hot and cold we've become, not just under Jk, but under the Yanks   (both sets),  there must be a common denominator.  Hmmmm?

Quick Reply