Voting closed: Apr 09, 2017 09:57:14 pm

Liverpool 2-2 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28936 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,190 posts | 1271 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Apr 06, 2017 02:12:41 am
      Sound , but unless he has the players, it'll be more embarassing in Europe.
      I cant undersand, how hot and cold we've become, not just under Jk, but under the Yanks   (both sets),  there must be a common denominator.  Hmmmm?

FSG can be summed up in one transfer. Pepe Reina sold for Simon Mignolet. How's that for downgrading?

I'm still wondering which cu*ts scouted and recommended Mignolet. Because they are most likely still at the club.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,565 posts | 391 
      Reply #369: Apr 06, 2017 02:15:19 am
      well that was sh*te....yet totally predictable. unless we are 2 goals clear i have absolutely no confidence in us....

cant get my head around just 1 sub....looked absolutely goosed in last 20.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #370: Apr 06, 2017 03:09:16 am
      one word

pathetic

we saw this issue in january. our depth is razor thin.  no new blood. no real options. and look at us struggle again

ffs i am realy pissed off.  if we miss CL. i hope klopp knows we are not getting anyone we want and will probably lose coutinho at least

will be two steps back
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #371: Apr 06, 2017 04:54:44 am
      Why did JL tried to defend a 1 goal from 65th minute i just dont understand as if we have a world class DM and defence. If we can't defend properly just bloody attack them and try to score a couple more.

Some old story like last season when others tripped we tripped. JK gotto learn to stay focus. After a brialliant game agaist the bitters we stumbled again. Looks like reinforcement is inevitable. Some players are simply not good enough and consistently being inconsistent.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #372: Apr 06, 2017 05:05:06 am
      Why did JL tried to defend a 1 goal from 65th minute i just dont understand as if we have a world class DM and defence. If we can't defend properly just bloody attack them and try to score a couple more.

Some old story like last season when others tripped we tripped. JK gotto learn to stay focus. After a brialliant game agaist the bitters we stumbled again. Looks like reinforcement is inevitable. Some players are simply not good enough and consistently being inconsistent.

agree here. will add that klopp messed up the subs and how to game manage.  ffs it is bournemouth we were defending against.  we have bled 6 goals in two games vs them.  they have a total of 44 goals this season.  6/44. gawd our defense sucks
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #373: Apr 06, 2017 05:10:43 am
      I've enjoyed watching us in about 10 games this season, no surprise which ones they are, yay mini-league champs! But the rest, the bulk, haven't been really anything to write home about and it's usually with a sense of dread rather than anticipation I look forward to these types of games.

And Liverpool didn't disappoint again, against a bottom half team. Sterile in attack, Sunday league in defence with an overall disjointedness as a team. From the minute the first whistle went, again, against a bottom half team, the team didn't look arsed.

I'm concerned with our CB. For the simple fact is, that when Lovren plays, Matip is usually out, and when Matip plays Lovren is usually out. Between them, both rack up injuries and they're not reliable enough to be called upon. We have too many players, Sturridge, Henderson, Lovren and Matip all in particular who can never make a solid run of games. And a CB pairing is the bedrock of a good team, and as Carragher said, Klavan for a 3rd choice CB plays too many games and that's a problem right there.

We still can't defend. We look no better whatsoever defensively now under Klopp. Our failure to win, or snuff out second balls is f**king awful, and when we're not flying in an attacking sense, like we were earlier on in the season our multi-million pound defence - compared to Bournemouth's whose entire back line cost around 950,000 pound, capitulates.

Why Coutinho (who was our best threat going forward) was hooked, for f**king Matip of all people, who should have been fit enough to start by that token is anyone's guess. As soon as we dropped to three at the back at 65 mins, we handed Bournemouth the initiative. Fair enough, it looked like decent in-game management, with 3 CB on the pitch, but when combined with the other lads fail to clear route one long throws it sort of defeats the purpose.

Mane out and we fall to pieces. Typical of us now this.
      « Last Edit: Apr 06, 2017 05:18:15 am by Beerbelly »
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #374: Apr 06, 2017 05:16:07 am
      cou was sick hence he got pulled

i rewarched gini's back pass again. Really school yard stuff here

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #375: Apr 06, 2017 06:47:00 am
      We go again. 2 shots, 2 goals. Lucky fuckers, F**k them. Next match, get the three points and move on.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #376: Apr 06, 2017 07:21:36 am
      Yet another bad day at the office from our paper thin squad and a mistake from The Boss underestimating Bournemouth 'again',

It's alright for the doomongering backstabbing fuckwits to get their digs in  but when all is said and done the fact remains our squad is woefully thin and we will more than likely see disappointed results like thus before the season out,

So.....no Henderson, Lallana, Mane, Sicknote, that's 3 major components missing, Matip & Coutinho bit part players and a couple of school boy errors all contributed to us dropping 2pts,

We should be swatting sides like this aside, no question, but it becomes a more level playing field when your missing 3 of your better and regular starters two of which arguably are our main creators,

We are all aware we're way short in the quality department which compounds our misery and again levels out the playing field,

Jürgen has already stated lessons have been learnt regarding recruitment but we just need to put up with what we have until the seasons end, we should have Lallana & Hendo back soon which will obviously help,
      I still think we'll have enough to get a CL berth, irrespective of whoever breathes down our neck.

YNWA
      Tadders

• 6,766 posts | 570 
      Reply #377: Apr 06, 2017 08:33:10 am
      Not sure I want to be supporting a team in the cl that has must chance as Celtic if qualifying

We have half our first team out sbs the replacements are league 1 players 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #378: Apr 06, 2017 08:36:48 am
      Not sure I want to be supporting a team in the cl that has must chance as Celtic if qualifying

Go and support someone else then.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #379: Apr 06, 2017 08:45:57 am

We'd be brilliant in the CL, we would in effect be playing top 6 matches every game :-). In all seriousness I really do think we'll do very well next year WHEN we qualify, especially if we strengthen correctly.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #380: Apr 06, 2017 09:01:16 am
      In hindsight that was a poor decision by Klopp changing the system mid game it probably confused our players more than the opposition.
      It certainly left Origi and Firmino isolated with no support from midfield, it's no wonder we were under the cosh and we all know the outcome of such scenarios with our defence.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #381: Apr 06, 2017 10:01:11 am
      F***ing heart broken. Horrible
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #382: Apr 06, 2017 10:09:35 am
      Seeing as i'm off today i thought i'd look back over the 39 goals we've conceded this season and it's disturbing stuff .

I would say IMO that at least 14 are gifts to the opposition resulting from utter incompetent play

10 from shots that could have been saved

8 from individual errors

7 from good play by the opposition.

Not 1 GREAT goal scored against us. We know we're gona concede against Stoke & West Brom don't we ?  This defence of ours is not really a defence is it.?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #383: Apr 06, 2017 12:26:46 pm
      If I was Sturridge I would already be making plans to move.
      If Matip gets the nod ahead of you, even if it means reshuffling the tactics to keep you on the bench, your days are clearly numbered.
      It has to be severe if winning the Match is also compromised

If I were Sturridge mate I'd already know that my time under Klopp was finished when his fitness levels were revealed, it's clear that he has struggled to make the necessary level Klopp requires,
      add to that his hypochondria then it was never going to end favourably for the arm wriggler,

I don't really buy into whether Daniel could slot into a Klopp system or not for me a top Striker will fit into or adjust to any system a manager employs, with enough application and f***in hard graft, unfortunately I think Daniel fell short on both and then had his nose put out of joint by Bobby playing up top,

Such a shame, Sturridge was prolific for us, when he played or when fit enough to play should I say?

I hope I'm wrong but I think it's unlikely that Sturridge will complete another 90 mins for us, whatever happens tho I wish him well, in China??

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #384: Apr 06, 2017 12:32:13 pm

DOH!!
      Sometimes sonny it helps if you engage yer brain before you open yer trap!!

YNWA
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #385: Apr 06, 2017 01:30:19 pm
      Well that was a kick in the nuts for sure.

See a few putting the blame on Klopp for being too pragmatic yet not so long ago there were plenty of calls for him to be more pragmatic.

We should have put the game to bed earlier, we had our chances and for me Origi was a big issue. Sure he scored his goal but other than that I thought he had a very poor game indeed. He should have had more, the cross from Clyne, Origi should be there, the one from Matip's flick on at the far post, he should be steering that in also. Sheer lack of anticipation or natural instinct to be in the right place cost us.

Those who counter that with the goal he scored really don't understand the point I'm making, that cross made the goal, he basically just stood there and waited for that one. On the other two chances we need a striker with a goal scoring instinct. If you don't have that then you have to bring so much more to the game to make your place viable and what else did he bring, nothing I'm afraid. Created nothing, sure he fights for every ball, but so would any average player. This game was a further nail in his career for me because without that instinct or adding a lot more to his game then I can't see a future for him here.

At the back I thought the two we conceded were very poor goals. Sure blame Jürgen all you like but can you really legislate for someone as good on the ball as Gini doing that? I think more predictable was Migs decision to dive in feet first where had he gone in like a brave keeper then he wouldn't have left half the goal for the lad to simply slot home in. Migs failed to bail his team-mate out who made an uncharacteristic mistake. Second goal Klavan actually loses sight of the ball and goes looking for it when it's really down at his feet, I'd say unlucky and unfortunate but no doubt he's had a bit of a rough ride in here when I read back in a minute. No surprise Migs couldn't bail him out either, although on this occasion it would have been much harder and understandable he didn't make this save.

Would have been a huge 3 points, as it is we've opened the door again for those chasing us. Going to be a tough 7 games where I think we need to win a minimum of 5 of them, let's start that at Stoke on Saturday.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #386: Apr 06, 2017 01:47:30 pm
      Once again let down by poor defending, fear this will cost us dearly come the end of season !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6940 
      Reply #387: Apr 06, 2017 01:50:47 pm
      Seeing as i'm off today i thought i'd look back over the 39 goals we've conceded this season and it's disturbing stuff .

I would say IMO that at least 14 are gifts to the opposition resulting from utter incompetent play

10 from shots that could have been saved

8 from individual errors

7 from good play by the opposition.

That's all good info but I've got nothing to compare those stats too.  How many goals generally are scored through great play and how many through some sort of error?

When we score a goal we may label it as 'great' but I'm sure the opposition fans would be picking out it as some kind of defensive error.

Where we can agree is that 39 goals is way too many to concede.  Top teams should be limiting their goals conceded to a goal per game or less.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #388: Apr 06, 2017 02:08:40 pm
      Well that was a kick in the nuts for sure.

See a few putting the blame on Klopp for being too pragmatic yet not so long ago there were plenty of calls for him to be more pragmatic.

We should have put the game to bed earlier, we had our chances and for me Origi was a big issue. Sure he scored his goal but other than that I thought he had a very poor game indeed. He should have had more, the cross from Clyne, Origi should be there, the one from Matip's flick on at the far post, he should be steering that in also. Sheer lack of anticipation or natural instinct to be in the right place cost us.

Those who counter that with the goal he scored really don't understand the point I'm making, that cross made the goal, he basically just stood there and waited for that one. On the other two chances we need a striker with a goal scoring instinct. If you don't have that then you have to bring so much more to the game to make your place viable and what else did he bring, nothing I'm afraid. Created nothing, sure he fights for every ball, but so would any average player. This game was a further nail in his career for me because without that instinct or adding a lot more to his game then I can't see a future for him here.

At the back I thought the two we conceded were very poor goals. Sure blame Jürgen all you like but can you really legislate for someone as good on the ball as Gini doing that? I think more predictable was Migs decision to dive in feet first where had he gone in like a brave keeper then he wouldn't have left half the goal for the lad to simply slot home in. Migs failed to bail his team-mate out who made an uncharacteristic mistake. Second goal Klavan actually loses sight of the ball and goes looking for it when it's really down at his feet, I'd say unlucky and unfortunate but no doubt he's had a bit of a rough ride in here when I read back in a minute. No surprise Migs couldn't bail him out either, although on this occasion it would have been much harder and understandable he didn't make this save.

Would have been a huge 3 points, as it is we've opened the door again for those chasing us. Going to be a tough 7 games where I think we need to win a minimum of 5 of them, let's start that at Stoke on Saturday.

Agree with most of this, especially the indictment of Origi. He really just wasn't mobile enough  and he doesn't even anticipate as well as Studge does. With his toolset, Origi should basically be bullying the opposition ala Lukaku (as long as he isn't against Lovren ;D).

One thing I do believe though is that we shouldn't have gone with 3 CBs....we had them where we wanted them, we were keeping possession and running the show, and then we just huddled up into a defensive shell and anyone with half a brain  could predict what was going to happen, it was going to be one silly mistake that cost us and it did. Big clubs don't get a goal lead and then try to protect it, big clubs turn a goal lead into a 2 or 3 goal lead and we have to have that mentality. I get that people will say "yes but  then we may concede because we are too open"...well we are also going to concede because we aren't defensively astute enough  either so I'd rather we go looking for more goals and take the constant pressure off of our defense.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #389: Apr 06, 2017 02:16:40 pm
      Agree with most of this, especially the indictment of Origi. He really just wasn't mobile enough  and he doesn't even anticipate as well as Studge does. With his toolset, Origi should basically be bullying the opposition ala Lukaku (as long as he isn't against Lovren ;D).

One thing I do believe though is that we shouldn't have gone with 3 CBs....we had them where we wanted them, we were keeping possession and running the show, and then we just huddled up into a defensive shell and anyone with half a brain  could predict what was going to happen, it was going to be one silly mistake that cost us and it did. Big clubs don't get a goal lead and then try to protect it, big clubs turn a goal lead into a 2 or 3 goal lead and we have to have that mentality. I get that people will say "yes but  then we may concede because we are too open"...well we are also going to concede because we aren't defensively astute enough  either so I'd rather we go looking for more goals and take the constant pressure off of our defense.

Agree. Thought at the time, Studge would have given them more to think about than Matip when Couts went off.
      I was totally stunned with the change !
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #390: Apr 06, 2017 02:19:51 pm

I very rarely call for us to be pragmatic FL because I believe the easiest way to win the game, if you're leading, is to continue in the same way that has given you the lead. The opposition will become more and more desperate and if you've already broken them down then it seems logical to me to think you'll find it even easier as the match progresses and their desperation and over extension becomes worse.

However, I do appreciate there is a style of play that can nullify a game, unfortunately we are not yet in a position to say that is a strength of ours. I would say that we conceded the second on the back of set piece and with one more CB on the pitch you'd think this should give you a better chance of defending that effectively but personally I just put their second goal down to 'one of those things'. Sure people will criticise Ragnar but we've all lost sight of the ball in our time and when you do and the other player doesn't then you're going to look a bit daft, which of course he did, just felt a typical goal for us to concede right now.
      « Last Edit: Apr 06, 2017 03:17:40 pm by KopiteLuke »

Quick Reply