Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v B'mouth?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (3.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (3.6%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (1.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      6 (10.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      1 (1.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      4 (7.1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      14 (25%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (5.4%)
      Divock Origi
      22 (39.3%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: Apr 09, 2017 09:57:14 pm

Liverpool 2-2 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28585 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Apr 06, 2017 08:33:23 pm
      Jürgen decided he didn't want Sturridge (not that he couldn't rely on him) before he came to Liverpool.

His dislike for Sturridge has been evident all this time.

The big question is "why does Klopp not want Sturridge?" but it's going to be one of those Sahko mysteries, and I suspect we never will find the truth of what has caused the problem. I am very sure it is nothing to do with injuries, just in the same way that the reasons given for the dislike of Sahko don't make any sense either.

As for Mignolet, I am surprised to see him taking the slack on last night's failure which was nothing to do with Mignolet and all to do with Klopp. It's laughable to see people say that 'it all started with Mignolet's error'. Seriously, I chuckle to see it but in despair also. They quote Carragher - as if the man is all knowledge. Carragher's had a dislike for our defence since he ended his career. Of course, it will never ben as good as it was when he was playing.

I recall Coutinho giving the ball away under no pressure in the final third in the 12th minute of the game - guess that was because Mignolet's error was still on his mind and shook his ability to play football. I guess Mignolet's error startled Klopp into being unable to make effective use of his substitutes. I guess Mignolet's error gave Gini the idea to pass it back in the way he did for no reason. I guess Mignolet was also at fault when the ball got fed into the box and Klavan let his man turn him and fire at the goal.

I too remember Mignolet's errors from year's gone buy. It is his fault that we didn't sign enough players to strengthen the team, because no good player wants to come and play in a team with nervous Mignolet. He cost us the title in the 13/14 season, and he cost us two trophies last season.

It is Mignolet's fault that so many posters on this forum mope around in depression and look to blame him for every sad moment in their life.

:f_wah:

Well I for one despair at your posts!

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #415: Apr 06, 2017 08:36:06 pm
      Well I for one despair at your posts!

:scarf:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #416: Apr 06, 2017 08:51:21 pm
      Jürgen decided he didn't want Sturridge (not that he couldn't rely on him) before he came to Liverpool.

The big question is "why does Klopp not want Sturridge?" but it's going to be one of those Sahko mysteries, and I suspect we never will find the truth of what has caused the problem. I am very sure it is nothing to do with injuries, just in the same way that the reasons given for the dislike of Sahko don't make any sense either.

As for Mignolet, I am surprised to see him taking the slack on last night's failure which was nothing to do with Mignolet and all to do with Klopp. It's laughable to see people say that 'it all started with Mignolet's error'. Seriously, I chuckle to see it but in despair also. They quote Carragher - as if the man is all knowledge. Carragher's had a dislike for our defence since he ended his career. Of course, it will never be as good as it was when he was playing.

I recall Coutinho giving the ball away under no pressure in the final third in the 12th minute of the game - guess that was because Mignolet's error was still on his mind and shook his ability to play football. I guess Mignolet's error startled Klopp into being unable to make effective use of his substitutes. I guess Mignolet's error gave Gini the idea to pass it back in the way he did for no reason. I guess Mignolet was also at fault when the ball got fed into the box and Klavan let his man turn him and fire at the goal.

I too remember Mignolet's errors from year's gone buy. It is his fault that we didn't sign enough players to strengthen the team, because no good player wants to come and play in a team with nervous Mignolet. He cost us the title in the 13/14 season, and he cost us two trophies last season.

It is Mignolet's fault that so many posters on this forum mope around in depression and look to blame him for every sad moment in their life.

More pathetic bullshit from the Senegal fan. Sorry Nigeria fan. Sorry Victor Moses fan.

But not a Liverpool fan. That's the key.
      « Last Edit: Apr 06, 2017 08:56:00 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #417: Apr 06, 2017 09:53:39 pm
      More pathetic bullshit from the Senegal fan. Sorry Nigeria fan. Sorry Victor Moses fan.

I am waiting for him to start calling Klopp a rascist soon.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #418: Apr 06, 2017 10:13:10 pm

Cool. You show your basic lack of reasoning.

So when I back Sturridge and want him playing for us, what am I? an England fan? not a Liverpool fan huh?  :lmao:

Why would Klopp be racist? That's a wild jump mate. Even for you.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #419: Apr 06, 2017 10:17:24 pm

Was exactly what I was thinking. Certainly seems he was heading down that route.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #420: Apr 06, 2017 10:26:15 pm

The big question is "why does Klopp not want Sturridge?"

Klopp began his Liverpool reign in October 2015.

In November he dissed Sturridge saying:
      If it wasn’t for Daniel’s quality no one would think about him being back on the pitch after such a short time. What you need in times like this is training. Your body has to learn new intensity of training and you have to learn what is serious pain or what is only pain. Of course everyone wants him back on the pitch

Then failed to back him when the press hounded him with Klopp's comments.

In December, he then played him in a league cup game and stated:
      I said to Sturridge after the game 'now I know what everybody is talking about so thank you'
      How do I know if he can be better than a couple of seasons ago? I don't know. You have known him longer than me.
      The problem with Daniel was we didn't know how long he could play. He did not have the perfect pre-season. It was a good decision [to select him], I have to say.

That is not positive talk about Liverpool's star striker. That is an admission that Klopp didn't consider him to be all that good, and if the past year or so tells its story, he still doesn't rate him.

Sturridge is not and has not been part of Klopp's plans from day one.

Sure, we can use the injury excuse.. but by Klopp's own admission, Sturridge was fit, sharp, and raring to go vs Bournemouth but then kept him on the bench in another example to show that Klopp just doesn't want to play him - even when fit.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #421: Apr 07, 2017 12:01:12 am

As for Mignolet, I am surprised to see him taking the slack on last night's failure which was nothing to do with Mignolet and all to do with Klopp. It's laughable to see people say that 'it all started with Mignolet's error'. Seriously, I chuckle to see it but in despair also. They quote Carragher - as if the man is all knowledge. Carragher's had a dislike for our defence since he ended his career. Of course, it will never be as good as it was when he was playing.

Amusing isn't it.

Gini with a horrendous back pass, Klavan mincing around 8 yards out, and like clockwork it's all Mignolet's fault.  ;D

Too gutless to call Klopp out playing him, so they just knife his performances instead.

Gutless fecking wonders.  ;D
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #422: Apr 07, 2017 12:24:05 am
      You touch on a very interesting point belly.

I've often thought and indeed asked, on here (without answer) - if Jürgen "doesn't rate"/"cant rely on" Danny...

At what point in time did he [Jürgen] realise that he didn't rate and couldn't rely on Danny?

It must surely have been after January; otherwise he would have sold Danny and used the money (and saved wages) to sign someone he did rate; right?

But...

Remember Jürgen didn't play Danny in January, when we were sh*te and he was fit. It is possible he didn't trust him even then.

So...

We possibly have a player, who we won't play because he's not rated [he didn't do a Sakho did he?], earning big money, which could have been paid instead to a Draxler for e.g. ... IF he'd been sold in January [when players can be sold for more remember?].

Makes no sense; right?

My simple brain hurts.  😁

Probably the moment he walked into the club and insinuated publicly that Danny's a hypochondriac.

And for whatever reason, he's kept him on the books but decides when he is fit not to play him.

I don't understand the logic either.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #423: Apr 07, 2017 07:38:20 am
      Yeah, the "Ming the Merciless brigade" is out in full effect.. ;D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #424: Apr 07, 2017 08:37:03 am
      Honestly, the issue is the whole squad keeping it together in the last 15 minutes if we have a narrow lead. Happened last season, and it's starting to become prevalent again. Couple that with the fact we seem to lose our ruthlessness and make sure the opposition has to score more than one in order for us to drop points.

It's these types of games that will cost us CL, and possibly some of our better players.

Won't sit here and blame one specific person, it's everyone's responsibility to see out the game from manager to defence etc.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #425: Apr 07, 2017 12:00:19 pm
      2 points dropped I'm afraid.

Had no issues with the starting 11, that was the strongest side we could have put out with all the injuries we currently have. The only problem with playing Origi though is that we have to move Firmino out wide, and he is far more effective down the middle.

Wijnaldum gave a dreadful goal away but a part of me is kind of glad it happened. Maybe now they will finally F**k off messing around at the back and causing ourselves all kind of problems and inviting pressure. At times it is F***ing ridiculous. What the F**k is Mignolet playing at doing Cruyff turns for fucks sake? Lovren isn't exactly steady on the ball either. Every time we play tika-taka around our box Im watching the game through my hands. We were going to get caught out sooner or later.

What happened when Mignolet decided to go long for once? Origi wins the head, Firmino gets the flick on, puts Coutinho through and we equalise. I don't like long ball or route 1 football but sometimes its just that simple. If there are no options on then just go long, don't F***ing take the piss and mess around with the F***ing ball in our box. It really infuriates me.

I thought the lads did really well from then on though. The effort they put in was superb and we thoroughly deserved to go 2-1 in front.

However, instead of pushing on for a third to kill the game we just sat back and invited Bournmeouth onto us. Jürgen takes Coutinho off for Matip and we go 5 at the back, with a diamond midfield, with origi upfront.  Before Bournemouth got their equaliser there was that same old feeling amongst the fans around the ground that it was going to happen, you just knew it.

2 points dropped. Can't afford any more and we need to go to stoke and win now whereas if we had beaten Bournemouth then I think a point would have done us at the Britannia.

All in all a disappointing day because the performance was fine, but two soft goals and we gave the game away.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #426: Apr 07, 2017 02:16:39 pm
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2017 02:21:57 pm by stuey »
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #427: Apr 07, 2017 03:36:49 pm
      Quote from FL Red
      Agree with most of this, especially the indictment of Origi. He really just wasn't mobile enough  and he doesn't even anticipate as well as Studge does. With his toolset, Origi should basically be bullying the opposition ala Lukaku (as long as he isn't against Lovren ;D).

One thing I do believe though is that we shouldn't have gone with 3 CBs....we had them where we wanted them, we were keeping possession and running the show, and then we just huddled up into a defensive shell and anyone with half a brain  could predict what was going to happen, it was going to be one silly mistake that cost us and it did. Big clubs don't get a goal lead and then try to protect it, big clubs turn a goal lead into a 2 or 3 goal lead and we have to have that mentality.

Yes they do. Chelsea do it most weeks. Mourinho has made it an art form. Now they have the resources with the discipline to do so, that we don't, but that's another discussion.

Dalglish did it. Rodgers did it. Benitez did it. Houllier did it. Now Klopp is doing it. We've been doing it more often lately, and got away with it most of the time, this time we didn't. We will see it more often as well. I was concerned at half time that we would sit back if we went in front early in the second half, and that's exactly what happened. To be fair, we were not under a lot of pressure, but it only takes one slip up or lapse in concentration, and the whole gameplan goes out the window. That's the risk you take. To add insult to injury, it came while the pre-game Hillsborough tribute was shown on a foreign station, so it was easy to be distracted.

Origi has a future here. He's very much a Klopp type of player, and has scored 2 goals in his last 2 games. I would expect him to play a bigger role upfront, going forward.

5 goals against them this season, just 1 point to show for it.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #428: Apr 07, 2017 04:33:42 pm
      Yes they do. Chelsea do it most weeks. Mourinho has made it an art form. Now they have the resources with the discipline to do so, that we don't, but that's another discussion.

Chelsea practically do it every week since their loss to us, and Mourinho doesn't favour 3 CB's.

Dalglish did it. Rodgers did it. Benitez did it. Houllier did it. Now Klopp is doing it. We've been doing it more often lately, and got away with it most of the time, this time we didn't. We will see it more often as well.

Did what? 3 CB's? I don't remember Dalglish doing it, nor do I remember Benitez and Houllier doing it, but even if they did, it was probably 1-3 games a season, as for Klopp, I believe he has only done it 2-3 times since he has joined us, so we will see it more often... hardly.

To be fair, we were not under a lot of pressure, but it only takes one slip up or lapse in concentration, and the whole gameplan goes out the window. That's the risk you take. To add insult to injury, it came while the pre-game Hillsborough tribute was shown on a foreign station, so it was easy to be distracted.

I am so confused, are you saying our players were distracted because the pre-game Hillsborough tribute was shown on a foreign station during the slip up? wtf?

I do wonder at times if you are watching gaelic football rather than football.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #429: Apr 07, 2017 05:02:01 pm
      Where I was watching the game, a Russian language station was showing the Arsenal game live on another screen. When that game finished, they started showing a deferred recording of our game, as our live game was ongoing. Their recording started with the Hillsborough tribute, and while that was happening, Bournemouth equalised.

Benitez and Houllier defended deep on a regular basis. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. It's nothing new for us.

Mourinho's last defeat here was 10 years ago. Almost every game here since has seen him park the bus. It takes a lot of discipline for players to do it for 90 minutes solid, but he can do it if he has to.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #430: Apr 07, 2017 05:14:04 pm
      Where I was watching the game, a Russian language station was showing the Arsenal game live on another screen. When that game finished, they started showing a deferred recording of our game, as our live game was ongoing. Their recording started with the Hillsborough tribute, and while that was happening, Bournemouth equalised.

I still don't see the point in this and why you would relate it to our conceded goal, but whatever :S

Benitez and Houllier defended deep on a regular basis. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. It's nothing new for us.

Mourinho's last defeat here was 10 years ago. Almost every game here since has seen him park the bus. It takes a lot of discipline for players to do it for 90 minutes solid, but he can do it if he has to.

What do you mean it's nothing new to us? We were physically strong team under Benitez and Houllier in comparison to now, and those managers were/are known for their defensive/cautious style of football. Klopp is the opposite and we have pretty been like this for years, and I doubt he will change.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #431: Apr 07, 2017 11:44:16 pm
      Still riled by this result. We've been 3-1 and 2-1 up against these this season and failed to win either game. This draw may as well had been a defeat because it's just as damn frustrating.

Pathetic.

We were physically strong team under Benitez and Houllier in comparison to now, and those managers were/are known for their defensive/cautious style of football.

Not to mention both them managers had defenders who were actually able to do their job. Just a quick example; Hyypia....Klavan, Reina....Mignolet. That's the situation we are having to deal with now and the difference is painful. The individual mistakes our defence or keeper makes game after game is just amateur, stuff that may happen every now and then but for it to be on such a regular basis is really starting to wear thin. Like Migs and his "dribbling" or whatever it was in the first half, the second he done that and nearly got caught out, the nervousness just hit the entire team and it was so obvious, suddenly everything we were doing was in a panic. We are dealing with a keeper that literally makes the whole team nervous now.

Mourinho's last defeat here was 10 years ago.

That's misleading, he's been out of the Premier League for about 6/7 of them years
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2017 11:54:08 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #432: Apr 08, 2017 04:50:21 am
      gotta say. what is almost as bad as the draw is the mind numbing soundbites from lfc afterwards

'we must not dwell on the draw'
      'we need to learn from this'

etc.

have they not learned from the games that we lose this season?

please lads. get all three pts at stoke :)
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #433: Apr 08, 2017 08:59:54 am
      Quote from PurpleMonkey
      What do you mean it's nothing new to us? We were physically strong team under Benitez and Houllier in comparison to now, and those managers were/are known for their defensive/cautious style of football.

It doesn't matter about the difference in personnel. My initial post was replying to a post that said that big clubs don't defend one goal leads. I've demonstrated that this big club, and many others do it. We all love it when it works. But when it doesn't, questions have and should be, asked.

Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      Like Migs and his "dribbling" or whatever it was in the first half, the second he done that and nearly got caught out, the nervousness just hit the entire team and it was so obvious, suddenly everything we were doing was in a panic. We are dealing with a keeper that literally makes the whole team nervous now.

If you saw the Chelsea-City game, all the goals there came from goalkeeping mistakes. You can say you don't care about other clubs and that's fair enough, but we're not the only club in this league that has a keeper that makes costly mistakes in a regular basis.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #434: Apr 08, 2017 10:01:07 am
      If you saw the Chelsea-City game, all the goals there came from goalkeeping mistakes. You can say you don't care about other clubs and that's fair enough, but we're not the only club in this league that has a keeper that makes costly mistakes in a regular basis.

Why have you bothered to quote part of my post when your reply is completely different to what I said?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #435: Apr 08, 2017 10:28:37 am
      Never have been what you could call 'Migs biggest fan' but the poor lad can't win. 😕

Other keepers do what he did and they've 'great feet'; he does it and he's wholly responsible for the sh*t defending of others however...

He keeps a clean sheet, that's down to the very same defenders or Bobby's pressing game or Jürgen's tactics: anyone or anything but him. 😁

We gotta make our minds up one way or another troops - this 'double standard' sh*te is best left to the "experts" - don't sink to that level. 😎

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #436: Apr 08, 2017 10:45:49 am
      Never have been what you could call 'Migs biggest fan' but the poor lad can't win. 😕

Other keepers do what he did and they've 'great feet'; he does it and he's wholly responsible for the sh*t defending of others however...

He keeps a clean sheet, that's down to the very same defenders or Bobby's pressing game or Jürgen's tactics: anyone or anything but him. 😁

We gotta make our minds up one way or another troops - this 'double standard' sh*te is best left to the "experts" - don't sink to that level. 😎

It's always easy to find a scapegoat and migs is an easy target

Quick Reply