Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Pre Match : Stoke v Liverpool : Sat 8th April 15.00

Read 8226 times
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,283 posts | 235 
      Re: Pre Match : Stoke v Liverpool : Sat 8th April 15.00
      Reply #23: Apr 07, 2017 02:38:09 pm
      I'm already scared...Our defence against Crouch/Walters :S :S :S

Would be more confident playing Chelsea away right now.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #24: Apr 07, 2017 02:42:17 pm
      I doubt Sturridge is fit to go 90, maybe not even 60. But then if Phil is out, what would be the Sturridge-less alternative for the starting XI?

I think a 4-4-2 would make us very vulnerable in midfield.

I PRAY we don't use the 3 center backs again. If we're going to try and shut it down, 4-5-1 is much preferred.

Grujic, Ojo and Woodburn have all been out of the side for months now, but would he think of using one of them?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,176 posts | 831 
      Reply #25: Apr 07, 2017 03:15:45 pm

That's not your problem.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #26: Apr 07, 2017 03:31:34 pm
      That's more like it !
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #27: Apr 07, 2017 03:33:00 pm
      Knowing us, they might choose to start Crouchie. If Cou isnt fit to start, I would like us to play 4-4-2 diamond, and push for an aggressive start.

Origi-Studge
      Firmino
      Can - Gini
      Lucas
      Milner Lovren Matip Clyne
      Mig

Subs- Karius, Moreno, Klavan, TAA, Grujic, Woodburn, Coutinho

I know Migs is sh*te as goal keeper but why would you want him as centre forward?

I like Origi-Sturridge in goal. That way we may be able to keep clean sheet and earn at least one point. Hopefully, Sturridge will not get injured just standing in the goal unless Origi looks in his direction. ;)
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #28: Apr 07, 2017 04:57:29 pm
      Klopp needs to put out a side that is capable of scoring goals. We always somehow leak goals so let's go Brendan way at least until we get couple of our regulars back. A diamond seems to be the best bet considering the players we got available.

Mignolet
      Clyne  Lovren  Matip  Milner
                       Can       
          Gini                  Woodburn               
                     Firmino     
             Origi        Sturridge
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #29: Apr 07, 2017 05:33:13 pm
      think we will struggle with every game we play from now until the end, the team have shown this consistently all season.

desperate for the win though. frustrating, embarrassing and nervous times ahead
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #30: Apr 07, 2017 05:51:33 pm
      think we will struggle with every game we play from now until the end, the team have shown this consistently all season.

desperate for the win though. frustrating, embarrassing and nervous times ahead

Really.......... so how have we managed to fluke our way to 3rd in the league  :D
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,525 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31: Apr 07, 2017 06:49:03 pm
      Saw this quote earlier today about Cou:
      "He had a conversation with the doc and he feels much better, but it doesn't look too good. We will have to see if we [can] bring him in tomorrow.

Feels much better, but doesn't look good !?! Glass half full, am looking at the first half of that sentence.

Sounds to me like he's getting over whatever it was, maybe not feeling 100%, but get a nights sleep and then make sure his ass is on the grass tomorrow.  Even for an hour.

If Studge is fit enough to be on the bench, would have him coming on for a run out. Only got a few months left in a Liverpool shirt, be nice if we could get some payback from him before he heads off to some other suckers who think he'll magically start playing games regularly. Feel bad, do like Danny, but like anyone you can't depend on, they start to irk you a bit eventually.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #32: Apr 07, 2017 07:30:39 pm
      Ive reached a point now where i'm not confident of wining any games against so say lesser sides.  As for going ahead in games and seeing it through to 90+ mins, I'm thinking theres nothing to suggest we won't go on to lose. Especially with the strange negative substitutions we are seeing. I'm afraid i'm beginning to think Jürgen might not have grasped the whole 'premier league' situation yet, and i'm afraid because of this, i'm not predicting we win another game this season.
      Not sure if it's players or management any more, but something is disjointed and i'm not gonna be massively pissed off any more, so i'm setting my expectations particularly low from now on. 2 - 1 we lose.
      Hopefully we can get a few players in during the summer to strengthen the squad some what. Until then, i'm not expecting anything above average.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #33: Apr 08, 2017 12:33:59 am
      No Lallana.
      No Henderson.
      No Mane.
      Potentially no Coutinho.

Thank god we made a profit last summer and signed no one in January, otherwise we'd be at risk of missing out on Champions League because of a wafer thin squad...

I'm still so angry after Bournemouth that it's hard to be sensible about this game but finding it difficult to imagine we'll win.

Expect to lose 3-1 to be honest, maybe we can get a draw.

Either way that would leave us needing to win basically every game to secure Champions League... from where we sat on 31st December that's a disgrace.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34: Apr 08, 2017 01:11:01 am
      No GK
      No Left back

No Lallana.
      No Henderson.
      No Mane.
      Potentially no Coutinho.

Edited for you :)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #35: Apr 08, 2017 01:35:29 am
      No Lallana.
      No Henderson.
      No Mane.
      Potentially no Coutinho.

Thank god we made a profit last summer and signed no one in January, otherwise we'd be at risk of missing out on Champions League because of a wafer thin squad...

I'm still so angry after Bournemouth that it's hard to be sensible about this game but finding it difficult to imagine we'll win.

Expect to lose 3-1 to be honest, maybe we can get a draw.

Either way that would leave us needing to win basically every game to secure Champions League... from where we sat on 31st December that's a disgrace.

A disgrace it is. Us supporters have had to swallow some sh*t in recent years but that would be the hardest to swallow.

The pressure's on these guys and they've brought it all on themselves.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6714 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #36: Apr 08, 2017 06:48:44 am
      Got to go out tonight. Not sure will be rushing home anyway to catch this. Have a bad feeling but hope the booze and drugs I'm going to be taking will change my opinion about the result. Come on you lads, I'll take a 0-1 all day, with a goal flying in for us, off Charlie Adams arse!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #37: Apr 08, 2017 08:27:51 am
      If only we had signed 2 or 3 players in pre season or January the league could of been ours for the taking.At my age I can't afford to hang around too long waiting to win the league so L.F.C.go out and thrash the arse off Stoke and give me some hope for the future.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #38: Apr 08, 2017 08:38:52 am
      If only we had signed 2 or 3 players in pre season or January the league could of been ours for the taking.At my age I can't afford to hang around too long waiting to win the league so L.F.C.go out and thrash the arse off Stoke and give me some hope for the future.

You won't have to wait too much longer.

...Not with the Ben Chilwell and Demarai Gray double signing funded by the Coutinho sale.

That'll really show our rivals!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #39: Apr 08, 2017 08:54:24 am
      I watched the Burnley v Stoke game the other night [I'd had a nice bet on Burnley] and I tell you what...

The only time Stoke looked any way threatening against a poor footballing but defensively solid Burnley was when Crouch came on.

Football wise we shouldn't have much to fear. Injuries or not we can outplay Stoke: stay strong in the air, cover the Austrian's runs and we can nick it.

Mon the Reds.
      « Last Edit: Apr 08, 2017 09:03:34 am by bad boy bubby »
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #40: Apr 08, 2017 09:06:00 am
      I watched the Burnley v Stoke game the other night [I'd had a nice bet on Burnley] and I tell you what...

The only time Stoke looked any way threatening against a poor footballing but defensively solid Burnley was when Crouch came on.

Football wise we shouldn't have much to fear. Injuries or not we can out play Stoke: stay strong in the air, cover the Austrian's runs and we can nick it.

Mon the Reds.

When we're we strong in the air? 😁 Seriously though we should still be beating this lot, even with the players missing. How many of their players would make or team? That's the bottom line for me, there's no excuses not to best the smaller clubs other than a poor attitude.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #41: Apr 08, 2017 09:24:47 am
      I don't see why we should be going into this game fearing for the worst.

We're an organised team with players who all know what system we play. We're likely to get more space as we're away from home and hopefully our defence will involve our two best centre backs playing, who've proven they are good together.

Gini can pop up with a goal. So can Can. So can Origi. So can Milner from the spot. So can Firmino.

Come on you mighty reds!!!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #42: Apr 08, 2017 09:28:35 am
      Hmmm... fair point.

I know a lot of us asked for a defensive coach under Rodgers so definitely not then mate. Those calls are silent now but we still aren't solid.

At a guess we were sound (for a short time) when Sakho & Skrtel & Lovren started together and before that under Kenny, with the old guard - Pepe, Carra/Martin and Danny.

Now you've gone n went n got me all worried 😲 😁

Nah... We can do them.

Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,268 posts | 1001 
      Reply #43: Apr 08, 2017 09:35:19 am
      Must win today, pressure is on but they have no one to blame but themselves, after Bournemouth.
      Not feeling too confident, it's not that I don't think we can beat Stoke, even with all the injuries, it's simply do we have the mental strength to do it.
      Jürgen has a job to do to get them ready mentally, Stoke will fancy their chances!
      Come on you Redmen!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,288 posts | 763 
      Reply #44: Apr 08, 2017 09:56:02 am
      Defence always let's the side down, time and time again. Gone for a 1  1 draw in the Prediction league. Although hope that I am proved wrong and the Reds come away with a win.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #45: Apr 08, 2017 11:29:02 am

Quick Reply