Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Pre Match : Stoke v Liverpool : Sat 8th April 15.00

Read 8248 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6946 
      Re: Pre Match : Stoke v Liverpool : Sat 8th April 15.00
      Reply #46: Apr 08, 2017 11:40:01 am
      Bench I reckon for Coutinho.  Under normal circumstances I reckon he wouldn't be involved but they will try and at least get 20 minutes out of him if it's needed.

We can criticise our squad depth (which admittedly isn't great) but missing 4 of your front 6 players would hurt every team in the division so part of it is just F***ing horrible luck.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #47: Apr 08, 2017 11:50:20 am
      I'd like to see Stewart or Grujic start today if Coutinho is benched and start with Sturridge on the right, Firmino left with Origi through the middle. Our squad is thread bare at the moment so we need options.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #48: Apr 08, 2017 12:05:13 pm
      Stoke are not playing great at the moment whilst we are actually playing fairly decent so barring any big F**k ups and with a bit of luck on our side we should win this comfortably but I'll take any win at the moment.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #49: Apr 08, 2017 12:40:01 pm
      I can see that we will win this game and everyone will be saying we are back on track for a top 4 finish...Then lose/draw the next
      game... This has nothing to do with positivity or negativity it is just calling it as it is... I am just going to try and enjoy each game until the end of the season, and see what we do in the transfer market...
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #50: Apr 08, 2017 12:44:47 pm
      Even though I've gone for 2-1 to us in the prediction league I've no idea how our game will pan out.
      no matter how sh*te the opposition is or how sh*te there form is Im always thinking how long before we concede,  & as @JD pointed out in his post it's sh*t luck that our injuries to key players has come at the wrong & worst time of the season,however it is what it is and it's up to Jürgen to make do with what he has & it's up to the players to do the job they are paid to do.
      We've not done the double over these since 1971 so it's high F***ing time we sorted that statistic right out.
      Come on redmen .
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #51: Apr 08, 2017 12:59:44 pm
      Bench I reckon for Coutinho.  Under normal circumstances I reckon he wouldn't be involved but they will try and at least get 20 minutes out of him if it's needed.

We can criticise our squad depth (which admittedly isn't great) but missing 4 of your front 6 players would hurt every team in the division so part of it is just f**king horrible luck.
      I'd like to think Coutinho would insist on playing . We're down to our bare bones so just get on with it. I can't believe it's beyond him to play if he's a little under the weather , if that's what it is.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #52: Apr 08, 2017 01:00:58 pm
                             Migs
      Clyne      Lovren        Matip        Milner
              Can        Lucas     Wjnaldum
                           Firmino
                   Origi           Sturridge

We are going to concede today, we always do. We need to score goals so need as many "strikers" on the pitch as possible.

Would personally like to see Grujic take part. He'll add physical presence, and looked great in preseason before being forgotten about.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #53: Apr 08, 2017 01:15:36 pm
      I expect the players to be "confident" today. That should determine today's result.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #54: Apr 08, 2017 01:21:28 pm
      spurs 3-nill up, no doubt the others around us will win.

its imperative that we collect 3 points.

i'm so un-confident, but always hopeful
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #55: Apr 08, 2017 01:24:10 pm
      Really.......... so how have we managed to fluke our way to 3rd in the league  :D

hehe i think it is because we ran out of matches vs top 6.  what a weird season it has been.  play well vs top teams and lose/ draw to the fodder

wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #56: Apr 08, 2017 01:33:55 pm
      Really.......... so how have we managed to fluke our way to 3rd in the league  :D

because we have a decent record against the top teams, have played more games than the teams around us and have a squad worth a lot more than most
      DanMann

• 5,756 posts | 884 
      Reply #57: Apr 08, 2017 02:00:00 pm
      Spurs winning 4-0 !

We are going to have to up our game now to stand any chance of winning the title !!  :f_doh:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6946 
      Reply #58: Apr 08, 2017 02:17:02 pm

Quick Reply