Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Stoke?

Simon Mignolet
      63 (60%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (1%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      10 (9.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Ben Woodburn
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      15 (14.3%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      13 (12.4%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: Apr 12, 2017 04:55:29 pm

Stoke 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26456 times
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Re: Stoke 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Apr 08, 2017 05:32:06 pm
      Isn't it weird at how many people get really angry after we win ?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #507: Apr 08, 2017 05:35:14 pm
      Just waiting for the enjoyment to be topped off by useless's post match interviews
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #508: Apr 08, 2017 05:39:47 pm

Ha ha ha!

Silly little c**t.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #509: Apr 08, 2017 05:52:34 pm
      I have given him plenty of stick in the past but Migs MOTM.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #510: Apr 08, 2017 05:53:50 pm
      F***ing hell that was nervy, but it turned out alright in the end.

This Stoke side are a lot easier to play against than Pulis's band of butchers, and delighted that Migs not only had a great game, but also managed to land one on Shawcross near the end.

It's that time of the season where every game is a cup final, so plenty more nervy moments to come, which won't bother me if the lads hold their nerve.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #511: Apr 08, 2017 05:54:29 pm
      As good as Migs was today, I still partly lay blame for their goal at his feet. It was three yards out and he should have claimed it before Walters got the chance...

Same story mate, the defenders in front of him fu**ed up entirely, Walters was presented with a golden opportunity and couldn't fail to score, all Migs could do was make a reaction attempt as the ball flew in the goal.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #512: Apr 08, 2017 05:55:05 pm
      Great win for the reds, great day for me, Backed the winner of the National as well. (My dad was named Arthur!)
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #513: Apr 08, 2017 05:56:05 pm
      Amazing amazing win. With next match a week away we should be able to put out a proper team. Though what is going on with Gini. He gave away a goal last match and was very close to do do again but for Simon's brilliance.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,725 posts | 880 
      Reply #514: Apr 08, 2017 06:03:35 pm
      Aren't we a heart attack team? We go out there and get the win vs Stoke having played awful for 45 minutes, and 1-0 down.. but at home against Bournemouth, dominating the game and then it all goes pear shaped and we lose points.

Can't predict where the points will be won or lost ! But, if we win our games, we get top 4. Those 3 points today were crucial !!!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #515: Apr 08, 2017 06:06:29 pm
      Ratings:

Mignolet: His best performance of the season by far. Don't think his first save was that difficult although it looked better because Adam's shot was from such close range. The second was a worldy with his feet though. Added to that I thought he commanded his box a lot better, some punches did land around the penalty spot but others were tremendous. Distribution still not good enough but overall a top performance that puts him in for contender for MotM. 8.5/10

Milner: Wasteful and clearly not right for the midfield role. Granted he hasn't played there in a while and he was playing with the B team in the first half but that was a dire display from Milly. His passing was all over the place, lumping it constantly and on the floor it just wasn't connecting. To me I think he looks knackered too because this was really poor even by his standards. 5/10

Klavan: Not looking good for him. Was one of the main faults for the goal, diving in and selling himself like that was ridiculous. He wasn't alone there though that's for sure, really poor from him today. 5/10

Matip: The only one of our CBs that looked like he could defend properly. Was solid but I don't think a back 3 suits him, certainly not with those 2 as his partners. 7/10

Lovren: Marginally better than Klavan but still bloody poor. Shocking on their goal, then constantly running ahead of players trying to nick the ball when that wasn't the right thing to do at all. Very disappointing performance by him. 5.5/10

Clyne: Shocking for their goal, not looking like he could really fill in at LB at all. Thought he improved in the second half, but not much, still gifted them entry into our box or crossing angles far too cheaply. 5.5/10

Can: One of our better players in the first half and our best performer in the second half in my opinion. Commanding and dominant, while those around him were losing their way and looking shaken he took things by the scruff on numerous occasions and did it in style. Another contender for MotM 8.5/10

Trent: I thought he was our best player in the first half, if it were up to me he'd have stayed on and Origi gone off instead at half-time. Good defending, excellent when he had to track all the way over the box and block Shaqiri from their best chance. Also offensively he is head and shoulders above Clyne in my opinion. 7/10

Gini: Did much better in the second half and got another assist, could easily have had another assist for the away team though with that diabolical header. Got a mouthful off Migs and rightly so, stepped it up when the quality came on. 6/10

Woodburn: Started the game poorly but after about 15/20 he started to really up his game. Won the ball back a couple of times well, should have done better with the first one and picked up a knock on the second but showed good strength there. After that the passing really improved and the technique settled so I'm putting the first 15 mins to nerves and understandable, after that he was very encouraging.

Origi: Shocking performance. Lost possession on virtually every occasion he could. Didn't compete for headers correctly, even throws that are thrown directly to him. Didn't anticipate passes down the line or from the wing and frankly looked hopeless. One of the worst performances I've seen from him in ages. 4/10

Coutinho: Brilliant contribution, especially if you consider he was sick. Unlucky not to get on the scoresheet earlier that brought out a fine save from their keeper. Never in doubt when it fell to him in the box, slotted away with consumate ease. 7.5/10

Bobby: Outstanding from the moment he came on, whether it was tracking back to within our box, or helping our Clyne or it was providing what should have been another assist or that sublime finish. Truly wonderful half of football by Bobby. If he'd been on the pitch for the whole match it's hard to see how he wouldn't have been MotM. 8/10

Sturridge: Made one good contribution and actually looked slightly quicker but other than his run for the Coutinho goal which certainly bought some space didn't really have much of an impact. (One good pass from midfield actually). 6/10

Jürgen: Don't know what he was thinking with the line-up, haven't heard the prematch but perhaps it was his hands were tied by the fitness of Firmino and the illness of Coutinho. Certainly rectified any and all mistakes that could have been possibly made in that first 45 with the substitutions and changed all momentum of the game. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that his hands were tied. 7/10

3 points and we go ahead of our points tally for last year (by 3) with 6 games to go. It was in many ways a must win today with how tight the top 4 is shaping up to be so in that case it was an incredible come back. Now let's kick on and get a few on the bounce! Well in lads!
      « Last Edit: Apr 08, 2017 06:22:29 pm by KopiteLuke »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #516: Apr 08, 2017 06:23:08 pm
      FFS 

I voted for Migs !

Breathed a sigh of relief to get the points. Well done lads after letting it go against Bournemouth.

Scum could still reach us if they win their three games in hand but it does look like the top four is becoming clearer.

The Gooners and the Scum are going to blow it. LMAO .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #517: Apr 08, 2017 06:23:23 pm
      Ratings:

Mignolet: His best performance of the season by far. Don't think his first save was that difficult although it looked better because Adam's shot was from such close range. The second was a worldy with his feet though. Added to that I thought he commanded his box a lot better, some punches did land around the penalty spot but others were tremendous. Distribution still not good enough but overall a top performance that puts him in for contender for MotM. 8.5/10

Milner: Wasteful and clearly not right for the midfield role. Granted he hasn't played there in a while and he was playing with the B team in the first half but that was a dire display from Milly. His passing was all over the place, lumping it constantly and on the floor it just wasn't connecting. To me I think he looks knackered too because this was really poor even by his standards. 5/10

Klavan: Not looking good for him. Was one of the main faults for the goal, diving in and selling himself like that was ridiculous. He wasn't alone there though that's for sure, really poor from him today. 5/10

Matip: The only one of our CBs that looked like he could defend properly. Was solid but I don't think a back 3 suits him, certainly not with those 2 as his partners. 7/10

Lovren: Marginally better than Klavan but still bloody poor. Shocking on their goal, then constantly running ahead of players trying to nick the ball when that wasn't the right thing to do at all. Very disappointing performance by him. 5.5/10

Clyne: Shocking for their goal, not looking like he could really fill in at LB at all. Thought he improved in the second half, but not much, still gifted them entry into our box or crossing angles far too cheaply. 5.5/10

Can: One of our better players in the first half and our best performer in the second half in my opinion. Commanding and dominant, while those around him were losing their way and looking shaken he took things by the scruff on numerous occasions and did it in style. Another contender for MotM 8.5/10

Trent: I thought he was our best player in the first half, if it were up to me he'd have stayed on and Origi gone off instead at half-time. Good defending, excellent when he had to track all the way over the box and block Shaqiri from their best chance. Also offensively he is head and shoulders above Clyne in my opinion. 7/10

Gini: Did much better in the second half and got another assist, could easily have had another assist for the away team though with that diabolical header. Got a mouthful off Migs and rightly so, stepped it up when the quality came on. 6/10

Woodburn: Started the game poorly but after about 15/20 he started to really up his game. Won the ball back a couple of times well, should have done better with the first one and picked up a knock on the second but showed good strength there. After that the passing really improved and the technique settled so I'm putting the first 15 mins to nerves and understandable, after that he was very encouraging.

Origi: Shocking performance. Lost possession on virtually every occasion he could. Didn't compete for headers correctly, even throws that are thrown directly to him. Didn't anticipate passes down the line or from the wing and frankly looked hopeless. One of the worst performances I've seen from him in ages. 4/10

Coutinho: Brilliant contribution, especially if you consider he was sick. Unlucky not to get on the scoresheet earlier that brought out a fine save from their keeper. Never in doubt when it fell to him in the box, slotted away with consumate ease. 7.5/10

Bobby: Outstanding from the moment he came on, whether it was tracking back to within our box, or helping our Clyne or it was providing what should have been another assist or that sublime finish. Truly wonderful half of football by Bobby. If he'd been on the pitch for the whole match it's hard to see how he wouldn't have been MotM. 8/10

Sturridge: Made one good contribution and actually looked slightly quicker but other than his run for the Coutinho goal which certainly bought some space didn't really have much of an impact. (One good pass from midfield actually). 6/10

Jürgen: Don't know what he was thinking with the line-up, haven't heard the prematch but perhaps it was his hands were tied by the fitness of Firmino and the illness of Coutinho. Certainly rectified any and all mistakes that could have been possibly made in that first 45 with the substitutions and changed all momentum of the game. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that his hands were tied. 7/10

3 points and we go ahead of our points tally for last year (by 3) with 6 games to go. It was in many ways a must win today with how tight the top 4 is shaping up to be so in that case it was an incredible come back. Now let's kick on and get a few on the bounce! Well in lads!

Matip the only defender with good ratings. Enough said really.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #518: Apr 08, 2017 06:30:02 pm
      Pick the f**king bones oura that!!

Class .
      rossyred

• 9,260 posts | 1659 
      Re: Live: Stoke V Liverpool
      Reply #519: Apr 08, 2017 06:34:37 pm
      This is only a "poor team" if after 90 mins we get stuffed . Who knows what outcome will be obviously made these calls for a reason niggles, fatigue may even see something in stoke that they tire late on who knows but for FS show some faith.

Like I said definete plan to strengthen bench rather than start with unfit players and have nothing to turn to
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #520: Apr 08, 2017 06:35:59 pm
      Mig - my man of the match. That was world class today, thank God Jürgen did put him back over Karius.
      DanMann

• 5,725 posts | 880 
      Reply #521: Apr 08, 2017 07:00:04 pm
      Worthy match winning goal from Firmino. Just watched it again in all camera angles - what a beauty!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #522: Apr 08, 2017 07:00:35 pm
      Charlie Adam having his post match meal.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #523: Apr 08, 2017 07:03:42 pm
      I didn't see the game but that's a big win, particularly as we had to go in with a weakened team.

Nice to hear that Migs made some good saves, but much like Bobby with his goal (which I have seen, it was a great strike) it has to be about consistency and him producing on a regular basis. I know people think that Migs is a scapegoat sometimes (and he probably is) but if he's to avoid that he needs to make more saves like the ones he did today by all accounts.

It's a big win though, and we're now looking really good for the top four.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #524: Apr 08, 2017 07:07:10 pm
      Predicted the win, but can't help but feel that we got away with one today
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #525: Apr 08, 2017 07:29:23 pm
      The most important thing about today's win, is not the 3 pts, not how wonderful Bobby's goal was, not the confidence boost, but the fact my lucky shirt remains lucky.
      DanMann

• 5,725 posts | 880 
      Reply #526: Apr 08, 2017 07:32:52 pm

One of those where it is "perfect" after the win.

From the outset it looked like we would struggle, and at half time, losing, it looked like we would struggle to even draw! The win is absolutely massive given the turn around.

Klopp said as much himself:

It was lucky for us, of course, because of the first half but in the end it’s deserved and we are completely happy and fine with this game.

Maybe I am lucky in the end that it worked out, but I thought a lot about it and even when nobody really understands it, it was my decision. And the solution, I found it. I thought we could have played much better than we did; it was clear we wanted to bring them, but [for] only half an hour made absolutely no sense. But [if the score] was still 0-0, then they could decide the game.

Gamble paid off and the boys came on and won the game.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #527: Apr 08, 2017 08:14:18 pm

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #528: Apr 08, 2017 08:34:44 pm
      Victory at that darn place, without 5 of our first-choice front 6 starting !! thats MASSIVE.

When are Lallana and Hendo back from the US? Next 2 opponents make me wanna throw up! I hope we give them a PROPER footballing lesson

Quick Reply