Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC to play in post-season friendly in Sydney

Read 7727 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: LFC to play in post-season friendly in Sydney
      Reply #23: Apr 10, 2017 06:52:55 pm
      I would if I was an Australian supporter.

Surely it'll be kids only in the alcohol free zone  :laugh:

Yes, I agree, but why so high up?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #24: Apr 10, 2017 07:02:48 pm
      What Billy and Mags said. I was a little unhappy at this news until I saw the date. The summer break for these guys isn't that long, but this is only a three or four-day difference. Nice opportunity for fans in Oz and and my bet is Klopp will make it a nice trip for players and families (although how cold would it be there in May)?

This is much better than as a separate leg of the preseason tour. Shanghai to Sydney is another 11-hour flight not needed.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25: Apr 10, 2017 07:03:16 pm
      Yes, I agree, but why so high up?

Stop them spoiling the party  :laugh: with a bit of the old "out of sight, out of mind"
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #26: Apr 10, 2017 07:35:25 pm
      It's a part of the modern business game to promote your brand around the world. Especially the big clubs like us.

I hate the way football has turned into a business over the last few decades but I love the way people around the world have the opportunity to see the lads playing in their own patch.

Enjoy seeing the reds, Aussie reds!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8551 
      Reply #27: Apr 10, 2017 07:44:05 pm

Not being funny, but that's a F***ing rip-off.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: Apr 11, 2017 12:18:32 am
      PRE-SALE CODE!!!!

Guys, use code LFCFAN to get your pre sales at 11am (just under 2 hours away).

Not being funny, but that's a F***ing rip-off.

That section of ANZ Stadium is always for the corporates. Even tickets to a random rugby league game are ridiculously high. They've got their own bar, restaurant, fancy seats, extra service and will be where the LFC reps will be sitting, too.

Not defending the prices of every ticket but that section of the stadium is always like that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8551 
      Reply #29: Apr 11, 2017 12:22:08 am
      PRE-SALE CODE!!!!

Guys, use code LFCFAN to get your pre sales at 11am (just under 2 hours away).

That section of ANZ Stadium is always for the corporates. Even tickets to a random rugby league game are ridiculously high. They've got their own bar, restaurant, fancy seats, extra service and will be where the LFC reps will be sitting, too.

Not defending the prices of every ticket but that section of the stadium is always like that.

Right get what you're saying!

Well you Aussie's who can get tickets, enjoy yourselves.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #30: Apr 11, 2017 03:34:01 am
      Tickets booked in the Kop section. About 45 pounds per ticket, which isn't too bad.

Hopefully see some of you there! :)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #31: Apr 11, 2017 03:37:59 am

Any Reds planning to go, let me know and we can catch up for a beer pre-game!

Having just bought tickets for me and the wife, you're on mate! Stick with the tradition of meeting when drunk as F**k at LFC matches down under :D

F***ing buzzing. Can not wait now, only a month and a bit away!

How's that rumour of Gerrard getting out there for a kick about? Having missed the Melbourne match, my three LFC games were all after his leaving so god that has me boning up! Saw him play for LA but wouldn't be a patch on just one chance to see him jog about in the kit he was born to play in. Hope that comes off. Either way, bring it on. Can't wait to see a few reds for a bev!  :drinking: :scarf:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #32: Apr 11, 2017 04:30:11 am
      Having just bought tickets for me and the wife, you're on mate! Stick with the tradition of meeting when drunk as F**k at LFC matches down under :D

Deal!

How's that rumour of Gerrard getting out there for a kick about? Having missed the Melbourne match, my three LFC games were all after his leaving so god that has me boning up! Saw him play for LA but wouldn't be a patch on just one chance to see him jog about in the kit he was born to play in. Hope that comes off.

Fingers crossed it happens! Saw him play for the Legends, against Victory and at Anfield. Seeing him play one more time would top it off.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #33: Apr 11, 2017 11:22:11 am
      Great news for those in Sydney.

People forget that the distances of previous visits in OZ  mean that Sydney to Brisbane and Sydney to Melbourne  are mega distances as the the Roo hops.

Tight fit after last EPL game . I suppose everyone knows what they are doing.

PS   Dont forget to turn your match programmes upside down to read them them down there .
       ;D

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34: Apr 11, 2017 11:31:01 am
      Will it be played arty 2am Aussie time to make it feel normal for you guys? 😁
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #35: Apr 11, 2017 11:58:31 am
      Congratulations to our colonist supporters, this match will give you a sample of what it's like on a matchday at Anfield,

Really pleased you Roo shaggers can finally hop along to watch the mighty Reds in Sydney, or grab a few tinnies if ya can't there,

G'DAY Cobbers!

YNWA
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #36: Apr 11, 2017 01:31:51 pm
      Will it be played arty 2am Aussie time to make it feel normal for you guys? 😁

f***in oath, and at least half a case of piss deep so you don't even remember the last minute equaliser until the next morning! Standard Aussie reds night 8)

RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #37: Apr 12, 2017 11:47:36 am
      I'm hoping to come up from Melbourne with a couple of friends. We're also hoping to be able to bring my huge Legends of Anfield painting to Sydney to exhibit it to fans, in some shape or form.
       We've just recently finished it after working on it for years and hope to proudly show it off on the occasion, if we can nut it out with the powers that be, to gain permission and find an appropriate space.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #38: Apr 13, 2017 06:04:04 am
      I'm hoping to come up from Melbourne with a couple of friends. We're also hoping to be able to bring my huge Legends of Anfield painting to Sydney to exhibit it to fans, in some shape or form.
       We've just recently finished it after working on it for years and hope to proudly show it off on the occasion, if we can nut it out with the powers that be, to gain permission and find an appropriate space.

Keep us in the loop, would love to see it if it works! Grab a brew as well pregame, we'll definitely be in a few pubs prior.

Speaking of pubs though, what's the situation like around ANZ for drinking? Crouchy?
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #39: Apr 13, 2017 06:25:13 am
      Mane, mane, mane or is it Money, money, money.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #40: Apr 13, 2017 08:40:20 am

Keep us in the loop, would love to see it if it works! Grab a brew as well pregame, we'll definitely be in a few pubs prior.

Speaking of pubs though, what's the situation like around ANZ for drinking? Crouchy?

I'll catch you fellas up too!

Situation pretty dire mate there's the Ibis with a bar in the foyer and the big pub directly underneath it. Pretty much it in terms of boozers a few restaurants around the place too.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #41: Apr 15, 2017 07:38:45 am
      I'll catch you fellas up too!

Situation pretty dire mate there's the Ibis with a bar in the foyer and the big pub directly underneath it. Pretty much it in terms of boozers a few restaurants around the place too.

Sounds a bit rough. Any district a short hop away with a solid bar scene? Often the problem with modern stadia, just doesn't have the vibe around the stadium. One of the biggest things I noticed when in Chicago, the Wrigley bar scene - just F***ing boozer central, its like the mecca of sports + boozing culture - which is a century old stadium built among the neighbourhood, versus the US Cellular Field scene, which is only 10-15 years old? And just in the middle of nothing too exciting really and just the one bar I could find outside it which was attached to the official store.

Anyways, off topic slightly :D Man I'm F***ing counting down the days, bring it on!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #42: Apr 15, 2017 11:00:49 am
      Sounds a bit rough. Any district a short hop away with a solid bar scene? Often the problem with modern stadia, just doesn't have the vibe around the stadium. One of the biggest things I noticed when in Chicago, the Wrigley bar scene - just f**king boozer central, its like the mecca of sports + boozing culture - which is a century old stadium built among the neighbourhood, versus the US Cellular Field scene, which is only 10-15 years old? And just in the middle of nothing too exciting really and just the one bar I could find outside it which was attached to the official store.

Anyways, off topic slightly :D Man I'm f**king counting down the days, bring it on!
      Yea mate its a bit rough the Homebush area is a bit of a shithole a good 35-40 minute train ride from CBD with not much around the area with the exception of the Olympic park precinct.

Counting down allright annual leave day already penciled in for the following day.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #43: Apr 15, 2017 02:01:00 pm

Pretty much what Dado said.

Either head to a pub outside the area and get the train in to the ground or get to the Brewery Bar just outside the ground early before it gets packed.

I'd wager the atmosphere inside the Brewery will be buzzing, though. Packed with Reds, the largest open space to drink and hopefully no Sydney FC cock-gobblers lurking about.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44: Apr 16, 2017 10:27:30 am
      Gonna give this one a miss. Doesn't feel right going when my bestie who I went to all previous Aussie games with, isn't with us anymore. 😓
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #45: Apr 18, 2017 02:50:17 pm

Thanks BigV. Yeah, catching up for drinks pregame would be awesome.
      I'm not sure if it's possible to attach a pic in a PM, to show you a sneak peek?

We're just in the final throes of all the legals and as soon as that's all taken care of, I can post for all the forum to see.

Quick Reply