Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Defoe?

Read 6124 times
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Defoe?
      Jul 20, 2006 12:12:59 pm
      thw whole thing on kuyt has come to a halt thank god(robbie). he  was no good in the world cup. eventhoug bellamy has a bad rep at times i was happy with the signing as he is proven to be a decent strong striker in the prem. however i think rafa should just pull out all the stops to get defoe. he is quick and is a  great finisher ( remind me of sir robbie himself) and he seems to be out of favour at spurs so we may not have to pay over the odds for a proven premiership striker. he came on as a sub for spurs in a friendly the other night but still was eager enough to put away to strikes. all to often clubs go for strikers in other leagues with big reps and more often then not they are sh*te in our league(i,e. cisse, rebrov, etc). what does everyone else reckon. defoe or someone else from europe supposedly top leagues?
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Defoe?
      Reply #1: Jul 20, 2006 02:33:03 pm
      Out of all the strikers out there a the moment I would have Defoe. He's pacey, good finisher and proven in the prem. The right money on the table and Spurs wouldn't say no and Defoe wouldn't say no to Champions League footy next season i'm sure.  8)
      Mickey LFC4Ever
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts | -6 
      Defoe?
      Reply #2: Jul 20, 2006 04:30:00 pm
      i'd hav 2 agree with u guys, i'd love defoe to join the reds. i think he is a class act and as rickywawa said he is surplus to requirements at spurs so i hope benitez goes 4 him.
      Karlos
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #3: Jul 20, 2006 04:56:13 pm
      yes i think we shud go 4 defoe
      KingoftheKop
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #4: Jul 20, 2006 06:12:17 pm
      Defoe is class and we would do well to get him but i've not heard anything in the way of speculation linking us to him.

I am pleased we've denied any link with Dirk Kuyt cos he's not got the talent or passion to be a red.

Would be good if we another quality striker as it would give us the depth we need to be prolific in front of goal, and, no one can deny Our Almighty Lord Fowler isn't getting any younger and Crouchie isn't an out and out striker, more of a playmaker forward so we need anouther just to cover our arses. 8)
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #5: Jul 20, 2006 06:33:53 pm
      Lets get Defo! he is proven scorer in the prem, and wud be fantastic in front of the kop wen he scores. and if we made a bid of 8 mill ime sure him and spurs wudnt say no. he will be a bigger asset than kruyt will ever be.
      narmour
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #6: Jul 20, 2006 07:56:29 pm
      i think a defoe signing would be nice, but i dont thinjk he would be i rafa's plans. we do need a key striker, one that scores goals for fun......mmm......i better start footie manager again! dont get me wrong defoe would be a good signing but i think someone else would be nice, who would it be?  :roll:
      Bristol Scouse
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      defoe
      Reply #7: Jul 20, 2006 10:02:07 pm
      I think defoe is a class player and would be a great signing, why Jol doesnt rate him is beyond me. with Crouchy as a target man and 'God' as our fox in the box, we could rotate bellamy (who I think we be a revelation this year) and defoe as our two pacey strikers. The forward line would be as balanced as our sh*t-hot defence and amazing midfield. Mind you, like most other clubs, spurs will probably up the price to something stupid just cos its us interested (alves, simao, kuyt etc...)
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #8: Jul 21, 2006 11:38:54 am
      i'd love to start a massive campaign to get defoe here. please please rafa, pursue on getting little defoe. he will also be fresh as for some strqange reason he didn't go to the very hot world cup.
      however if rafa doesn't want him then he must be right. RAFA IS ALWAYS RIGHT. Harry kewell to start in CL final even worked out right in the end. put vladi and didi on and keep djimi on and we will win said rafa..and win we did.

keep it up rafa
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #9: Jul 21, 2006 11:40:20 am
      also dead happy bent has signed new contract at chrlton. one season wonder and never class enoug to play for the migy reds.
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #10: Jul 21, 2006 05:50:10 pm
      forget this duffy story

defoe. defoe defoe
      championlonglegs
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -3 
      • Yes
      Defoe?
      Reply #11: Jul 21, 2006 06:40:54 pm
      If it werent for us, The world would never of seen Crouchy in an England senior shirt. Thats exactly my point Jermain Defoe never got picked for Germany (god knows why) but if he moved to Liverpool he would most likely be one of our top top strikers. He plays his football exactly like Michael Owen did when he was good. And aswell as playing for the best team in the world LFC he would almost certainly partner Rooney or Crouch for England. It all makes sense1!!! But all we need now is Rafa to notice this and put a bid in Im sure he will.

Cheers!!    :D
      Stevie G
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #12: Jul 21, 2006 06:47:42 pm
      Defoe... the red carpet awaits.
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #13: Jul 23, 2006 01:07:14 pm
      brilliant
      berbatov scored fro spurs against the blues..even more reason for jol to offload jeramain d.

thank you bulgaria
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #14: Jul 23, 2006 01:07:32 pm
      brilliant
      berbatov scored fro spurs against the blues..even more reason for jol to offload jeramain d.

thank you bulgaria
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #15: Jul 23, 2006 02:15:26 pm
      if not defoe then lets get baros back..only kiddin
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Defoe?!?!
      Reply #16: Jul 24, 2006 01:30:42 am
      Yeah I agree, Defoe is a class act.
      However, I don't think we should be throwing our money about on strikers. If anything go for someone on loan (Trezeguet for instance).
      I mean whats the point in all this speculation like Alves and Dirk Kuyt.
      Yeah ok, Alves is a good option. But hello? We have players good enough that play his position. We need a Right Winger. Never mind Strikers or Defenders because we have enough. Maybe we could sign Shawn Wright-Phillips? I mean come on. Look at our team on paper. We ar'nt going to splash out about 20 odd million for the likes of Simao or Joquin are we? Go for a good bargian to fill that gap would be the best option. Forget about Defoe, Kuyt, Alves etc. We need somone class in that position. Because even though I hate to admitt it. Garcia isnt the best passers or crossers of the ball is he? Come on Rafa, use your head.
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #17: Jul 24, 2006 11:19:03 am
      intersting court_lfc.

alves is more of an attacking right back and we believe he would probably play right mid and therefore i thnk rafa is doing well trying to get him.

on the defoe front,i think he is needed as he will not only compliment crouch and bellamy but i can see him and fowler as a great partnership.

on garcia front..no matter how much we moan about him someimes ...he is a SPECIAL PLAYER. apar from stevie g, i can not remember a red player scoring so many crucial goals for us under king rafa rule.

whatever we say, Rafa is his own man. he will do what is best for us. I believe that whatever signing he makes, may it be pennant, SWP, alves or kuyt,he will no doubt have made the correct decision. RAFA IS ALWAYS RIGHT IN MY EYES.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Defoe?
      Reply #18: Jul 24, 2006 11:37:30 pm
      Hmm, yeah maybe your right. Either way is Alves worth as much as they say he is? Because we are not going to pay 12 Million for the player because we simply do not have the funds. However, I dont particulary think Pennant is the answer. Yeah ok, he is a good player. But not in the Liverpool atmosphere I do not think. Rafa is a great manager and nobody can doubt that. Also, I am glad we didnt sign Damien Duff. The player didn't have the desire or the passion to play in a red shirt. Plus using him on the right of midfield would of been a complete waste of a player, that plays on the Left side of midfield and is left footed. The only player that was gambled to play there was Joe Cole for England (Right footed, plays on the left side for England) . But we can't take any risks this season if we are going to mount a serious challenge on the premiership plus the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd and so on. Plus I am dissapointed with the new Home and Away kits. I mean, whats with the collar on the Home shirt? The Away kit makes us look like we are Galatasary! Dissapointed in that. The White one is decent. (I didn't say brillaint). But anyway come on the red men!
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #19: Jul 26, 2006 12:27:33 pm
      defoe scored another 2 goals yesterday. one was a sweet goal. the boys a goal machine and a little terror for any defence.

he is what we need.

i here the scum may be interested in him today.

plse rafa get him before the mancs do...we don;t want this opportunity to pass us by.

defoe or kuyt?  i'm sure most will want defoe.

my friend reckons kuyt will be another cisse. high profile in europe:sh*t in england. i'm afraid i think i agree.
      sack kuyt deal
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #20: Jul 26, 2006 12:46:09 pm
      wld prefer defoe lke my buddy wawa....proven in the premiership and has done ok when his put on the 3 lions. kuyt is not proven and didnt look that good in the wc 2006. cld be another jib. Overinflated price tag with an unproven rep. btw....no to pennant....if he was any goos, why didnt the arse hold on to him. still got options on the right.....captain marvel or king luis anyday!
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #21: Jul 26, 2006 12:54:00 pm
      nice one redlozells. your reference regarding pennant and arsenal is very valid but don't get too disheartened. if pennant comes Rafa will make him good and will push for an England place no doubt. i must agree, though, 6 million for an average player may be too much, but Rafa usually doesn;t pay over the odds; he may see this as a good deal.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Defoe?
      Reply #22: Jul 26, 2006 05:30:25 pm
      I agree, rafa will sort him out! Look at what happened with Crouch, everyone kicked off about his signing, but he ended up playing (and scoring) for his country this year at the World Cup. If he's put his neck out to sign this lad, you know that he must see something more than just a player with baggage. He sees a base for development, don't ya think?
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #23: Jul 26, 2006 07:45:56 pm
      Has Rafa bought the wrong Jermaine??

I know his English isn't great. It might explain the £8 million.

Maybe Rafa's going to get the shock of his life when he turns up at Geneva Airport to greet Pennant???

Ha ha - Imagine!  ;D   ;D   ;D
      alexhallmints
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Re: Defoe?
      Reply #24: Jul 26, 2006 10:55:46 pm
      I feel that jermaine pennant will be an amazing player for us next season i was astounded at how good he was last seaon. I watched him very closely at birmingham and before there was even speculation about us buying him i said that he wuld do great at liverpool, and as a liverpool fan himself i think he will keep his head down and prove his worth.  I am very glad we did not buy duff he is an overrated peice of s****. and i most definately wuld prefer defoe to kuyt he looked awful at the world cup, i realli think that fowler and bellamy could be great for us this season. This culd b our most important season for 17 years so lets hope its a good one.
      mikal.shaw
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #25: Jul 28, 2006 04:42:52 pm
      KUYT DEFOES A POOF, HE ONLY CARES ABOUT THE MONEY KUYT HAS PASSION
      LFC*****
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #26: Jul 28, 2006 05:36:49 pm
      anyone think that Fat Ronaldo will be a good signing? he will be sitting on the bench for most of the 06/07 season as Real have just bought Ruud Van Horseface from the mancs and he wont get his game over Raul or Robinho.
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #27: Jul 28, 2006 06:19:20 pm
      no bad idea lfc*** . only thimg is we will need to seats for him on the bench.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Defoe?
      Reply #28: Jul 29, 2006 10:40:25 pm
      think 8 mil would be a good deal for defoe but read man ure are thinking over a 15 mil bid for him, also its not like spurs need the money as theyll be gettin 15+ mill for carrick
      LFC*****
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #29: Jul 30, 2006 09:42:26 am
      I wouldnt mind having Defoe but if Man Ushi'ted are interested i dont see us having much chance in getting him. Hed want to join Carrick and the money wouldnt be a bad thing either
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #30: Jul 30, 2006 04:40:25 pm
      its quite possible that chelski may try to spoil our attempt to buy kuyt by puttin in an offer or informing the wollds media thru the normal channels that thyre in interested in the dutchman. Theyve done it b4, samao, swp et al. If thats the case and feynoord and kuyt are holding out for more, lets call it a day and try our luck in north london. Wiv carrick going,im sure defore wld be more than happy to join his mate in the north west , care of liverpool fc. At least we will have a proven english premiership player. It makes sense.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Defoe?
      Reply #31: Jul 30, 2006 05:07:35 pm
      I dont like Kuyt. He was completly useless in the World Cup. Shows alot doesn't it? Besides. No more 'abroad' gambles. As we have seen for the likes of Antonio Nunez, Fernando Morientes etc. Get a prooven goalscorer and someone that accually ADAPTS to the Premiership. I say bring on Defoe!
      RedWilly

• 9,183 posts | 1635 
      Defoe?
      Reply #32: Jul 30, 2006 09:52:43 pm
      I'd have Defoe over Kuyt anyday, so what if he is a prolific goalscorer in holland this is a season we can't take risks as someone said before me this is our most important season for 17 years nearly get a proven premiership player.
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #33: Jul 30, 2006 10:41:27 pm
      Does anyone know if Defoe is a childhood reds fan like Penant and Bellamy. If he is, got a good chance of getting him, once we put a bid in.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Defoe?
      Reply #34: Jul 31, 2006 01:12:29 am
      Quote from: "redlozells"
      Does anyone know if Defoe is a childhood reds fan like Penant and Bellamy. If he is, got a good chance of getting him, once we put a bid in.

Isnt every player a childhood red after we sign them?
      Defoe is hungry and wants to win, Spurs will never even get into the Champions league so the thought of playing for a UEFA cup place every year should be enough for him to sign.
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #35: Jul 31, 2006 11:52:44 am
      Quote from: "mikal.shaw"

interesting claim mikal. would you like to explain to us all how you came up with this?
      RedWilly

• 9,183 posts | 1635 
      Defoe?
      Reply #36: Jul 31, 2006 12:07:13 pm
      Quote from: "mikal.shaw"
      I didn't see to much passion from him whilst playing for holland at the world cup.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Defoe?
      Reply #37: Aug 01, 2006 06:53:44 pm
      mikal is obviously someone that knows nothing about football. Other than kicking a ball. Defoe has determination. How is he a poof?  :?

Quick Reply