Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Defoe?

Read 6125 times
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #23: Jul 26, 2006 07:45:56 pm
      Has Rafa bought the wrong Jermaine??

I know his English isn't great. It might explain the £8 million.

Maybe Rafa's going to get the shock of his life when he turns up at Geneva Airport to greet Pennant???

Ha ha - Imagine!  ;D   ;D   ;D
      alexhallmints
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Re: Defoe?
      Reply #24: Jul 26, 2006 10:55:46 pm
      I feel that jermaine pennant will be an amazing player for us next season i was astounded at how good he was last seaon. I watched him very closely at birmingham and before there was even speculation about us buying him i said that he wuld do great at liverpool, and as a liverpool fan himself i think he will keep his head down and prove his worth.  I am very glad we did not buy duff he is an overrated peice of s****. and i most definately wuld prefer defoe to kuyt he looked awful at the world cup, i realli think that fowler and bellamy could be great for us this season. This culd b our most important season for 17 years so lets hope its a good one.
      mikal.shaw
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #25: Jul 28, 2006 04:42:52 pm
      KUYT DEFOES A POOF, HE ONLY CARES ABOUT THE MONEY KUYT HAS PASSION
      LFC*****
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #26: Jul 28, 2006 05:36:49 pm
      anyone think that Fat Ronaldo will be a good signing? he will be sitting on the bench for most of the 06/07 season as Real have just bought Ruud Van Horseface from the mancs and he wont get his game over Raul or Robinho.
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #27: Jul 28, 2006 06:19:20 pm
      no bad idea lfc*** . only thimg is we will need to seats for him on the bench.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Defoe?
      Reply #28: Jul 29, 2006 10:40:25 pm
      think 8 mil would be a good deal for defoe but read man ure are thinking over a 15 mil bid for him, also its not like spurs need the money as theyll be gettin 15+ mill for carrick
      LFC*****
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #29: Jul 30, 2006 09:42:26 am
      I wouldnt mind having Defoe but if Man Ushi'ted are interested i dont see us having much chance in getting him. Hed want to join Carrick and the money wouldnt be a bad thing either
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #30: Jul 30, 2006 04:40:25 pm
      its quite possible that chelski may try to spoil our attempt to buy kuyt by puttin in an offer or informing the wollds media thru the normal channels that thyre in interested in the dutchman. Theyve done it b4, samao, swp et al. If thats the case and feynoord and kuyt are holding out for more, lets call it a day and try our luck in north london. Wiv carrick going,im sure defore wld be more than happy to join his mate in the north west , care of liverpool fc. At least we will have a proven english premiership player. It makes sense.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Defoe?
      Reply #31: Jul 30, 2006 05:07:35 pm
      I dont like Kuyt. He was completly useless in the World Cup. Shows alot doesn't it? Besides. No more 'abroad' gambles. As we have seen for the likes of Antonio Nunez, Fernando Morientes etc. Get a prooven goalscorer and someone that accually ADAPTS to the Premiership. I say bring on Defoe!
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Defoe?
      Reply #32: Jul 30, 2006 09:52:43 pm
      I'd have Defoe over Kuyt anyday, so what if he is a prolific goalscorer in holland this is a season we can't take risks as someone said before me this is our most important season for 17 years nearly get a proven premiership player.
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #33: Jul 30, 2006 10:41:27 pm
      Does anyone know if Defoe is a childhood reds fan like Penant and Bellamy. If he is, got a good chance of getting him, once we put a bid in.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Defoe?
      Reply #34: Jul 31, 2006 01:12:29 am
      Quote from: "redlozells"
      Does anyone know if Defoe is a childhood reds fan like Penant and Bellamy. If he is, got a good chance of getting him, once we put a bid in.

Isnt every player a childhood red after we sign them?
      Defoe is hungry and wants to win, Spurs will never even get into the Champions league so the thought of playing for a UEFA cup place every year should be enough for him to sign.
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 146 posts |
      Defoe?
      Reply #35: Jul 31, 2006 11:52:44 am
      Quote from: "mikal.shaw"

interesting claim mikal. would you like to explain to us all how you came up with this?
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Defoe?
      Reply #36: Jul 31, 2006 12:07:13 pm
      Quote from: "mikal.shaw"
      I didn't see to much passion from him whilst playing for holland at the world cup.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Defoe?
      Reply #37: Aug 01, 2006 06:53:44 pm
      mikal is obviously someone that knows nothing about football. Other than kicking a ball. Defoe has determination. How is he a poof?  :?

Quick Reply