Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Alberto Moreno - Inter/AC Milan

Read 15103 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Alberto Moreno - Inter/AC Milan
      Apr 11, 2017 10:19:08 am
      Be coming from the club this. Willingly leaked I imagine.

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/851725841163747328
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Alberto Moreno - Inter/AC Milan
      Reply #1: Apr 11, 2017 10:21:55 am

We want "upwards of £15m" :lmao:

When dealing with those clubs I suspect it will be "we'll loan him and you pay 95% of his wages as usual, ok?"

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #2: Apr 11, 2017 10:26:13 am
      We want "upwards of £15m" :lmao:

When dealing with those clubs I suspect it will be "we'll loan him and you pay 95% of his wages as usual, ok?"

Bit difficult in demanding high transfer fee's top when the lad has had his butt parked on the bench all season & see his place taken by a converted midfielder, who one must say has done a very decent job.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3: Apr 11, 2017 10:30:59 am
      Bit difficult in demanding high transfer fee's top when the lad has had his butt parked on the bench all season & see his place taken by a converted midfielder, who one must say has done a very decent job.

It's about time we got some money back from all the times Italian clubs have fu**ed us over.

I'm not sure why Italian clubs - renowned for their solid defending - would want a guy that can't defend :D.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #4: Apr 11, 2017 10:32:18 am

We might throw in his segway then we could push it close to £5m - £6m, we're not getting anywhere near £15m for him. As you say sitting all season on the bench has done his value no good, neither have his few performances and then when he could have been used recently we preferred to switch Clyne and bring in TAA.

Whoever is bidding for him have all the cards, we know it and so will they. The only thing that has to be questioned is why are they bidding in the first place? :D

Thought he could have been a decent player for us, knew there'd be WTF moments when he arrived but knew he was converting from a winger so hoped they'd be ironed out. Unfortunately we then got to know Alby's mentality and I think 'learning' could well be listed as one of his weaknesses on whoscored.com. It's a long list, I haven't had a chance to read them all.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #5: Apr 11, 2017 10:36:00 am
      It's time we started driving hard bargains for players.

You can guarantee Spurs would get 15 million for Moreno if they were negotiating so why not us?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #6: Apr 11, 2017 10:38:42 am

You can guarantee Spurs would get 15 million for Moreno if they were negotiating so why not us?

Agree but this has loan written all over it for us.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #7: Apr 11, 2017 10:51:04 am
      We might throw in his segway then we could push it close to £5m - £6m, we're not getting anywhere near £15m for him. As you say sitting all season on the bench has done his value no good, neither have his few performances and then when he could have been used recently we preferred to switch Clyne and bring in TAA.

Whoever is bidding for him have all the cards, we know it and so will they. The only thing that has to be questioned is why are they bidding in the first place? :D

Thought he could have been a decent player for us, knew there'd be WTF moments when he arrived but knew he was converting from a winger so hoped they'd be ironed out. Unfortunately we then got to know Alby's mentality and I think 'learning' could well be listed as one of his weaknesses on whoscored.com. It's a long list, I haven't had a chance to read them all.

I would have actually preferred Moreno on the wing to be honest, that way we never would have to worry about his lapse in defending ;D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #8: Apr 11, 2017 10:52:11 am
      Be lucky to give him away for free!

Sessegnon yesterday and now this, is Reddy the new mouthpiece of FSG?
      Pearce must be gutted.
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2017 11:03:13 am by HScRed1 »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9: Apr 11, 2017 01:07:47 pm
      He is a player with a profile and skill set that will attract bidders.

I think people will be surprised by how much money we get for our outcasts this year. The likes of Moreno, Markovic, Sakho could well give us a good base for a rebuild.

Add that to the likely sale of the valuable Sturridge and the exit of big earner Lucas there can be no excuse for Fenway not to go big - and that is just off the back of players who's time the club have deemed is up.
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2017 01:21:46 pm by fields of anny rd »
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #10: Apr 11, 2017 01:20:37 pm

It's not the price, it's the people who made the enquiries. It's always loan deals with Italian clubs.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #11: Apr 11, 2017 01:26:34 pm
      Remember that goal he scored against Tottenham and we all thought we had a new John Arne Riise? Yeah...that was a long time ago.

That Klopp decided to convert a midfielder to his place says it all. But that he can't even be trusted to do the left back role even when Klopp moved Milner into the middle on Saturday is embarrassing. I swear Klopp would rather play Mignolet or Karius there before Moreno again.
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2017 02:23:37 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #12: Apr 11, 2017 01:29:21 pm
      Like I said before; good footballer, bad defender.
      I wouldn't be surprised if we got a decent wedge for him.
      His few caps for Spain will help I suppose.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #13: Apr 11, 2017 02:20:03 pm
      I think people will be surprised by how much money we get for our outcasts this year.
      I dunno about surprised mate; people shouldn't be. Last summer Jürgen got more in sales than Brendan got for Suarez. This year will probably be no different.

Add those sales to the stockpiled millions in TV money, revenue streams and unspent btransfer budgets alone and you could realistically be looking at 100s of millions. Because...

We were told that they'd reinvest any profits to player recruitment; right? 🤔
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2017 02:24:34 pm by bad boy bubby »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #14: Apr 11, 2017 02:21:52 pm
      Just F***ing sell him.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #15: Apr 11, 2017 02:26:08 pm
      Swap him for Suso..
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #16: Apr 11, 2017 02:33:15 pm
      Take whatever is offered, let me know his address and I'll drive up from London to drop him off at the airport myself.

To think TPM wanted to buy Ryan Bertrand instead of Moreno for 5 million quid cheaper but was overruled by the transfer committee (and derided by many who were "right behind him" on here). It was a crime of an error when you look at it.

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #17: Apr 11, 2017 04:02:51 pm
      Klopp has made it pretty clear that he has no future here, so it's best for all parties to move on.  I personally think he'll end up back in Spain -- somewhere like Bilbao, Sevilla, Valencia, or Villarreal -- and I think he'll go onto have a decent career. 

Many of our supporters can't wait to see the back of him, but one thing I think deserves pointing out -- despite being sat on the bench for most of the season, he hasn't caused any problems or had any behavioral issues.  He just goes about his business and doesn't cause a scene.  He also seems to be well liked by his teammates and always has a smile on his face in the training pics.  So, while he may not be up to LFC standards, he at least deserves some credit for the professionalism he has shown to do his job and not cause a fuss when things don't go his way.  Many other players could learn something from Berto in that regard. 

Best of luck Berto!! 
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #18: Apr 11, 2017 04:29:26 pm
      we will probably struggle to sell him, then send him on loan.

seen it happen time after time
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #19: Apr 11, 2017 04:47:32 pm
      Like I said before; good footballer, bad defender.
      I wouldn't be surprised if we got a decent wedge for him.
      His few caps for Spain will help I suppose.

"Good footballer, bad defender", what does that mean, he's a defender isn't he???

Bottom line he is sh*te, but hopefully someone will be daft enough to offer us a decent wedge for him, if not just F**k him off on loan and pray he has a half decent season.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #20: Apr 11, 2017 05:38:58 pm
      "Good footballer, bad defender", what does that mean, he's a defender isn't he???

Bottom line he is sh*te, but hopefully someone will be daft enough to offer us a decent wedge for him, if not just f**k him off on loan and pray he has a half decent season.

He's managed to feature for one of the very best national teams in the world.  Clearly he is doing something right....
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #21: Apr 11, 2017 06:15:35 pm
      He's managed to feature for one of the very best national teams in the world.  Clearly he is doing something right....

Three appearances, three to four years ago, think it's safe to say that doesn't really count as an international career!

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22: Apr 11, 2017 06:54:35 pm
      If we can get 15 for Ibe, we can get 12 for Moreno (that's when we paid, right). Ideally a bit more to cover inflation.

Still young, buckets of pace & energy, has the odd goal in him, needs a tweak defensively, but that'll come ... how'd that sound ;)

'Can't defend' ... a description for internal consumption only.

Quick Reply